Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought parasites had all but been eliminated from the commercial supply.  Is it possible this was pork from wild hogs Jose took out on the side of the road?
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've eaten from street vendors in Tijuana.  I can survive anything.
View Quote
Yup.  3 x $1 mystery meat taco outside of XS veteran checking in.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Used to be a guy locally that went around selling tacos out of his car to the local laborers during the week. On Saturdays he sold them off his back porch. His cutting board was a stump out back.

Tacos were damn good though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife saw that pretty often at the hospital.  3rd worlders.

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands

What type of symptoms would one experience and how effective is treatment? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Should have taken his ivermectin.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone is interested in the life cycle:

If you eat the eggs, that’s what hatches out in your intestine, burrows into the wall of the intestine, then enters the bloodstream.  From there, it travels to muscles and brain.

If you eat undercooked pork meat from an infected animal, the worms end up maturing into the adult form which release eggs.  If the infected person touches their anal area, then transfers the eggs to your food while preparing it, that’s how you get the eggs into your intestine.  Either the pig or humans can release the eggs.

That’s why it’s important wash your hands, and to wash and cook your food properly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He started spamming gun forums with shitposts.

View Quote

That dude is a 100% troll.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What type of symptoms would one experience and how effective is treatment? Asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands

The surgery is nasty. And long.

It was about an 11 hour surgery. If this is the same one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So glad I only eat things with a government stamp on them.

Muh big government will keep me safe.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]
You haven’t lived until you have ordered lingua tacos from a taco truck in Mexican town.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That dude is a 100% troll.
View Quote

I haven't trolled anyone on this site. You implied i was a retard because I said it would be better to not drink alcohol in first place and get in shape instead. Then you put me on ignore. You're fucking weird.

thread
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You haven’t lived until you have ordered lingua tacos from a taco truck in Mexican town.
View Quote

Taco truck? Shiiiiiit, how about a roadside taco cart in Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands

@80085

It comes in two parts because of the pork tapeworm life cycle:

1) If you eat undercooked, infected meat that has the cysts in it, the latter “hatch” and develop into adult tapeworms and stay in your intestines and gives you stomach pain, nausea, gas, diarrhea and weight loss.

2) The adult tapeworm develops in the intestine of humans or pigs, and releases eggs in the feces.  If you eat food contaminated by the eggs, then they hatch, cross from the intestines into the bloodstream, and they travel in the blood to mainly the brain, eyes, and muscles, so muscle pain, fever, headaches, seizures and eye pain/swelling and blindness.  So the symptoms from eating the eggs would be different than eating meat with cysts.

Yes, you can get the adult tapeworm in your intestine, and if you get your hands contaminated by your own feces with eggs in it, and then touch your food or mouth directly, you can infect yourself with the eggs and develop the brain, eye, muscle infection!  If you prepare food for someone else, you can infect them with the eggs.

We had a whole class on parasitology in med school.

Treatment effectiveness depends on how advanced the disease is and therefore highly variable.

I saw many cases during my training years but none now since I do not see a lot of Third World immigrants due to my location.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cliff's notes for TL/DW:

- A man ate tacos from an unlicensed food truck.
- Got parasitic worms in his intestines, and cysts IN HIS BRAIN.
- This is because taco truck dude was selling undercooked, tapeworm infested meat, AND probably had the worms himself AND WAS HANDLING THE FOOD WITH HIS UNWASHED HANDS AFTER STICKING HIS FINGERS IN HIS ASS.
- Be careful if you buy meat on line, as illegal meat products that do not meet FDA standards are coming here illegally from Mexico and being sold on line.

ENJOY YOUR TACOS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPRzYJwqz6g
View Quote

Uh oh,I gotta stop thumb banging my girlfriends butt hole’
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands

Yeah, so there is much of the world where the first hung is a roll of the dice and the second is a get-struck-by-lightning-twice rarity.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Dupe
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that would have helped.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks to Joe Biden this will be the new normal. Also this is why I order the beef tacos.
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So should I stop finger banging my girlfriends butt hole?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff's notes for TL/DW:

- This is because taco truck dude was selling undercooked, tapeworm infested meat, AND probably had the worms himself AND WAS HANDLING THE FOOD WITH HIS UNWASHED HANDS AFTER STICKING HIS FINGERS IN HIS ASS.
- Be careful if you buy meat on line, as illegal meat products that do not meet FDA standards are coming here illegally from Mexico and being sold on line.

ENJOY YOUR TACOS!

@bossco14

As long as you don’t put your finger in your mouth, you’re fine.  

Or eat her ass.

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But were the tacos good?
View Quote

They’re always good.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Eaten street food in Mexico, Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. Never got sick.

If I ain't dead yet it's not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Cuz the FDA knows what's best for us!? Lol.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Peoples idea of 'clean' varies greatly. I'm at the point now when I eat out it has to be Culver's or Chik-Fil-A and an occasional Arby's or Wendy's. The restaurants in my AO are looking a little nasty as does the hired help.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I live inTijuana and I eat from street carts every day.. I guess I'm fucked
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@bossco14

As long as you don’t put your finder in your mouth, you’re fine.  

Or eat her ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE2vJzBnqvE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cliff's notes for TL/DW:

ENJOY YOUR TACOS!

@bossco14

As long as you don’t put your finder in your mouth, you’re fine.  

Or eat her ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE2vJzBnqvE

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#26]
My first and last I found a curly Q.

I don’t mean no French fry either!!

El gringo speciale for me!

No ma’am mierda por favor!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 1:23:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@80085

It comes in two parts because of the pork tapeworm life cycle:

1) If you eat undercooked, infected meat that has the cysts in it, the latter “hatch” and develop into adult tapeworms and stay in your intestines and gives you stomach pain, nausea, gas, diarrhea and weight loss.

2) The adult tapeworm develops in the intestine of humans or pigs, and releases eggs in the feces.  If you eat food contaminated by the eggs, then they hatch, cross from the intestines into the bloodstream, and they travel in the blood to mainly the brain, eyes, and muscles, so muscle pain, fever, headaches, seizures and eye pain/swelling and blindness.  So the symptoms from eating the eggs would be different than eating meat with cysts.

Yes, you can get the adult tapeworm in your intestine, and if you get your hands contaminated by your own feces with eggs in it, and then touch your food or mouth directly, you can infect yourself with the eggs and develop the brain, eye, muscle infection!  If you prepare food for someone else, you can infect them with the eggs.

We had a whole class on parasitology in med school.

Treatment effectiveness depends on how advanced the disease is and therefore highly variable.

I saw many cases during my training years but none now since I do not see a lot of Third World immigrants due to my location.
View Quote

Geez. That sounds terribly unappetizing. Thanks for the explanation.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought parasites had all but been eliminated from the commercial supply.  Is it possible this was pork from wild hogs Jose took out on the side of the road?
View Quote

The parasites haven't been eliminated from the hundreds of thousands of third-worlders streaming in over the southern border.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many many time when I was stationed in SD
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If only the government had inspected him and hung a little sign up. Would that make you happy, op?
View Quote

The worms see that sign and they know they're not welcome.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If only the government had inspected him and hung a little sign up. Would that make you happy, op?
View Quote

Cool story, bro!

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#33]
"This brain cyst? Authentic as fuck, dude's grandma made the masa in her bathtub"
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 5:27:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I posted this from work on 05/11/2007. I'm still alive.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Found-This-in-My-Tamale-What-is-it--/5-576356/

The pics in the OP are still there, just not working right here. Pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#35]
If only they had paid their business tax.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

A monthly prophylactic dose might not be a bad idea.  I give it to the dogs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#37]
So better than Taco Bell !?!

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If anyone is interested in the life cycle:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36246/C2DB45E2-7A3A-476A-A312-7B409002F728-2861879.gif

If you eat the eggs, that’s what hatches out in your intestine, burrows into the wall of the intestine, then enters the bloodstream.  From there, it travels to muscles and brain.

If you eat undercooked pork meat from an infected animal, the worms end up maturing into the adult form which release eggs.  If the infected person touches their anal area, then transfers the eggs to your food while preparing it, that’s how you get the eggs into your intestine.  Either the pig or humans can release the eggs.

That’s why it’s important wash your hands, and to wash and cook your food properly.
View Quote

And don't eat ass.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#39]
@C-4

Is this specific to pork?
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Im a gonna cook my steak well done from now on!
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#43]
its typically from pork tape worms, its takes a long time, theres alot of gross pictures. essentailly the worms make cysts in the brain and muscles. Toxoplasmosis has a similar presentation but no cysts typically thats reserved for immunocompromised people but those are ring enhancing lessions. Rather have that than  Naegleria fowleri. back to uworld micro...
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

1) Cook your food

2) Wash your hands

alot of neuro issues if the brain has cysts. its not immediate.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#45]
I remember this happening to a guy in San Antonio back when I was living there (~2005). Worm burrowed its way up into his brain and it took the docs a bit to figure it out so it really messed him up. Creepy as fuck so the story really took off, at least locally. Guy also picked them up from a food truck. I swore off food trucks for at least a week or two.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@C-4

Is this specific to pork?
View Quote

@trails-end

Taenia solium is specific to humans and pigs.  There is a Taenia species that occurs in beef (Taenia saginata), and both beef and pork (Taenia asiatica), and these can infect humans.  The latter two, however, causes only intestinal infection and do not spread to the rest of the human body.  There are a lot of parasites out there.  

I’m going bear hunting in September and worry about Trichinosis (which also can infect pigs as you know).  If I get one, I will be cooking the meat thoroughly, likely in stews and chili.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:52:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I get all my meat off the interweb.
View Quote

I get mine from the guts driving around with a cooler who “overstocked”.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, sumbitch.  It's dangerous out there.

Thanks, C-4.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Back when we were allowed to tell the truth about such things, there was one of those crime shows about a housekeeper who was in the country illegally, and never washed her hands when leaving the bathroom and entering the kitchen.  When the household she was living in got E.Coli infections, she packed up and disappeared in the middle of the night, only to surface in someone else's home and do the same thing all over again.  She left a trail of sickness behind her.  There were a lot of dots on the map.

In a sense, you gotta smile when the "Living Wage" crowd goes for the low bidder in their own lives and pays the price.
View Quote

Mary Mallon
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#50]
It would’ve been worth getting worms from the Churro trucks in Tampa.  Fine eating.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top