Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Best economy ever…

2+2=5

81 million votes
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Fucking Mc Donald's. Find a small town bar. You can usually get a similar meal, cooked to order with better ingredients and a drink for less money.

The bar 2 blocks from my house, a bacon cheeseburger basket ( hand pattied burger, fries and cottage cheese or salad) is $8.50. A drink adds $1-$4 depending.

Quarter pounder meal at McD's is in the $10 range and no side salad.

A proper tip brings the total cost at the bar to a bit more but you're still within 2 or 3 dollars amd no fucking app to download.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuggin milllenials and their $3 hashbrowns, if you stop buying mchashbrowns you can buy a house
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a bag of red potatoes for $3.99 this week. Add olive oil, garlic, salt pepper, plus the herb of your choice if you wanna, and you get carbs for a week.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
and?
Their coffee aint even worth a dollar
View Quote

That's my senior discount at one the nearby stores. Five miles away and it's .50 for seniors at another store.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Two sausage McMuffins with egg for $5.70……..

The egg McMuffin is stupidly expencive while the sausage McMuffin with egg is not. Same sandwich. One sausage. One ham.

The price difference is absurd.

And I like the taste of the sausage better!
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, that does translate into the out the door food prices.

Not a complex equation.  Higher labor, higher fuel, higher materials, well expect higher retail prices.

Just funny how so many folks don't see the math.  

I am always amazed how folks want $20+ for minimum wage work but don't think that will increase the cost of the final product.  Same with fuel, etc.  It is all a factor.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Around here an egg McMuffin is just over $5
That’s absolute bullshit.
View Quote

Any of the breakfast sandwiches are less than $4 here and if you have the app they're BOGO. I think the hash browns are $2 and the app doesn't save anything on those. With the app though, here the Quarter Pounders, Big Mac and Double Cheeseburgers are also BOGO.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not that long ago they were 2 for $1...thanks Bidenomics!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
They're buy one for $2.79 get a second for $1 here. So $1.90 each.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Any of the breakfast sandwiches are less than $4 here and if you have the app they're BOGO. I think the hash browns are $2 and the app doesn't save anything on those. With the app though, here the Quarter Pounders, Big Mac and Double Cheeseburgers are also BOGO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Around here an egg McMuffin is just over $5
That’s absolute bullshit.

Around here the menu prices never match your total here. Look at the menu..."Sandwich $4.50, meal $8.50"

Order.

"Ok, that will be $10.75 at the first windoe, please pull around."

Last I checked, 7 percent tax on a total of $8.50 is well under $2.25.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#13]
What area? Breakfast combo’s are still ~$5-6 here.
Including the hash brown.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#14]
When I was in college, you could eat a Big Mac, fry and a drink for $1.25

I remember 45 cent Big Macs, 15 cent hamburgers and 10 cent fries

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
and?
Their coffee aint even worth a dollar
View Quote

Their coffee is the best thing on the menu.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#16]

We tried out the world's fanciest McDonald's | CNBC Reports
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Can still get 2 sausage McMuffin for $4
View Quote

You can make them at home for less than a buck each.

I get a package of the sausage patties, English muffins, and cheese slices from Aldi's.  They taste almost exactly the same as mcds.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#18]
it was 2 for a buck not that long ago :(
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A fried apple pie is $4 now at some places.
Yet people buy them.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/CarefreePlayfulEastrussiancoursinghounds-663.gif

View Quote

Don't tease me. The old crispy fried apple pie is gone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#20]
If you use the app, you get all kinds of deals. $1 large fries, 40% off your order, etc.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you use the app, you get all kinds of normal prices. $1 large fries, 40% off your order, etc.
View Quote

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
For me, it’s the mcchicken.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For me, it’s the mcchicken.
View Quote

It’s all about how you shop. They rape the fuck out of you on fries hash browns egg McMuffin and soda.

Order a McDouble and a Mac chicken.
Order a sausage burrito and a sausage McMuffin with egg.

Potatoes, ham and soda are McDonald’s profit margin. Game it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I only stop at McDonald's when I'm out with my best girl. I'll get her either a small fench fry, or hash browns. Depending on the time of day.
Ironically,  her name is Hashbrown.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
$3 for a hash brown?  WTF?

A 5 lb bag of potatoes was $3 at the grocery store I went to tonight.  I wonder how many hash browns you could make out of that…
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, anywhere outside the US borders the McD's hashbrows are all still $1....

How much do you want to bet the McD hashbrown prices have gone up at every McDonalds around the globe?

The entire point is McDonald's is trying to force you into downloading their app. That's the money maker.

Basically punishing you with high prices to force you to install their app.

They can't blame it on hourly wages anymore because 90% of the staff at your typical McDonalds is a touchscreen computer.

Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How much do you want to bet the McD hashbrown prices have gone up at every McDonalds around the globe?

The entire point is McDonald's is trying to force you into downloading their app. That's the money maker.

They can't blame it on hourly wages anymore because 90% of the staff at your typical McDonalds is a touchscreen computer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Selling your email address?
I'm genuinely curious how else they make money off their app otherwise. Sounds like the apps are the new form of coupons that would have been in your mailbox in the past.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And you must wrap them in the napkin and put it back in the paper pouch for a few minutes to get the excess oil out…..
View Quote

I never had to do that. Are you talking about Sonic?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#29]
$2.39 for a two-pack at mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was out running errands and had a couple of appointments yesterday so for lunch I swung by a pizza place where they sell by the slice.  I ordered 2 slices, one cheese and one sausage, paid for them and drove away.  
Cause I was preoccupied I didn't really pay attention to the price until I started to drive away, $9.49 for two slices of pizza
I can get cheaper pizza in NYC!
View Quote
Yes you can, and better too, wow.

I stopped in a little deli in a nice part of Long Island yesterday (Roslyn area) and grabbed a fuckin' feast for $19. Foot long italian hoagie (it rocked), a bag of white cheddar popcorn, a drink and a huge blueberry muffin for later.

Sub was $9.50, more than fair considering what Subway thinks they can get away with these days for their mediocrity
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm genuinely curious how else they make money off their app otherwise. Sounds like the apps are the new form of coupons that would have been in your mailbox in the past.
View Quote

I assume it saves them time and labor, because the order taker doesn’t have to do anything except pull up your order by the code number and tell you to pull around.

Your interaction with them is just grabbing a receipt or maybe nothing at all and going straight to the second window.  No time at the menu figuring out what you want and ordering it, and they don’t have to enter it into their computer or deal with taking your payment.  Huge time savings.

Should also significantly reduce ordering errors, which would also slow things down.

So they incentivize use of the app with discounts and coupons.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I assume it saves them time and labor, because the order taker doesn’t have to do anything except pull up your order by the code number and tell you to pull around.

Your interaction with them is just grabbing a receipt or maybe nothing at all and going straight to the second window.  No time at the menu figuring out what you want and ordering it, and they don’t have to enter it into their computer or deal with taking your payment.  Huge time savings.

Should also significantly reduce ordering errors, which would also slow things down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been also wondering about this.  That makes sense.  Thanks.  That said, fuck "apps".
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#34]
I just ate a McDonald’s hash brown for OP.

I’m a G like that… I gots that kind of money.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#35]
America Voted for this
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I like their coffee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#37]
This thread makes me hungry for a McGriddle and hashbrown this morning.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I get these and warm them in the toaster oven or go through 2 cycles in a pop up toaster. Or if you want it like McD's a little oil in the frying pan and cover it. Flip until golden brown and crispy. I normally get Cavendish Farms Original Hash Brown Patties (20 ct) from the supermarket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like their coffee.
View Quote

As do I.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is $3.00

Just noticed when getting my $1 coffee.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like their bagels steak and egg sandwich. Splash a liberal amount of Frank's hot sauce and wash it down with a cold one.
View Quote

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just an egg mcmuffin is $5. $11 for an egg mcmuffin, 2 hashbrowns and a small OJ here.
View Quote

we only ever get the 2 for $4 sausage mcmuffin there
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Two sausage McMuffins with egg for $5.70……..

The egg McMuffin is stupidly expencive while the sausage McMuffin with egg is not. Same sandwich. One sausage. One ham.

The price difference is absurd.

And I like the taste of the sausage better!
View Quote

they do the deals on the 2 sausage mcmuffins with egg as a "loss leader" they probably aren't losing on them but make very little. They are counting on the $3 hashbrowns $6 oj and $4 apple pie
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#44]
hash browns are $2 around Houston
egg Mcmuffin meal is $6
medium OJ is $2; large is $2.89
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When I was in college, you could eat a Big Mac, fry and a drink for $1.25

I remember 45 cent Big Macs, 15 cent hamburgers and 10 cent fries

View Quote

I would ok boomer you but that's more like ok silent generation
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You can make them at home for less than a buck each.

I get a package of the sausage patties, English muffins, and cheese slices from Aldi's.  They taste almost exactly the same as mcds.
View Quote

the package of sausage patties kind of fuck you let alone a tube of jimmy dean.
we grind pork butts and get that cost down even more
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I went to McD's a couple of years ago when McRibs were back.  First time I'd been there in years.  I went through the drive thru, the menu board didn't show prices.  I drove away, never went back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#48]
A double  sausage McMuffin with egg and cheese combo with hash brown and 12 oz orange juice or coffee is only $6 USD here.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that’s if you use the app.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I just bought three hash browns this morning on my McDonalds  app. Used a 25% off a $5 order. It still came to $4.53.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top