BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

This is tangential to the thread, but I have questions.  What scenario do you see where you'd be walking/biking home and abandoning your car?  

I see this "get home bag" concept a lot revolving around leaving behind a car and I don't think I understand the thinking.  My best guess is people have read prepper fantasy revolving around EMPs and picture their cars getting disabled.  

I've been around hurricane evacuations, severe freezing weather, fire evacs etc and never seen people leaving their cars to walk anywhere, it's either drive out or shelter in place depending on scenario.  So I guess my question is what scenario are you envisioning leaving your vehicle behind and riding your foldable bicycle home?  
View Quote

Honestly the EMP thing is like 98% fantasy retarded prepper bullshit. But I get it, most of the population barely graduated 8th grade math and physucks. It sounds scary and you can be an edgelord flexing on normies with it. (the normies are laughing at you btw)

Abandoning a car or camping with it though is BOB territory when it comes to shitty weather/emergencies/out of gas etc. BTDT. Plenty of people ran out of gas during Katrina etc. So having to bail on a vehicle isn't 100% improbable, but it wouldn't be anyones first choice. I also have an "abandon house bag" which is built around getting to a hotel/elsewhere in case of fire with docs/e-memories and change of clothes in it etc.

In either case stashing/having a PCC or concealable PDW in case of "urban unrest" isn't the worst thing to think through. Though I will bet 99% of those guys don't have concealable soft armor. Which would be a huge help in a "riot" type of deal where you still need to grey man.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]

This is tangential to the thread, but I have questions.  What scenario do you see where you'd be walking/biking home and abandoning your car?  

I see this "get home bag" concept a lot revolving around leaving behind a car and I don't think I understand the thinking.  My best guess is people have read prepper fantasy revolving around EMPs and picture their cars getting disabled.  

I've been around hurricane evacuations, severe freezing weather, fire evacs etc and never seen people leaving their cars to walk anywhere, it's either drive out or shelter in place depending on scenario.  So I guess my question is what scenario are you envisioning leaving your vehicle behind and riding your foldable bicycle home?  

View Quote

So, your examples there are all "leave home" and not "get home" I notice, and they tend to be sort of inevitable but not unforeseen. I think that's more bug-out bag territory. I think of them as providing first aid, self-defense, and sustainment for an extended trip home that may not involve a vehicle. Mine consists of spare mags for my CCW pistol, a first aid kit with things like moleskin bandages and a splint, good boots, and some granola and bars and food/water for a day's hike. Most of it is stuff I'd have with me anyway, and pretty much all of it is just as applicable for, say, being stuck for an extra hour or two in traffic as it is for ditching the car and hoofing it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Suppressed type III

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Strontium:
Suppressed type III

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/440960/IMG_8133_jpg-3318705.JPG
View Quote

LOL have the gun tubers finally developed a classification system for smol guns?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

LOL have the gun tubers finally developed a classification system for smol guns?
View Quote

Yes.  9 hole reviews did a while back.  Their video explanation is on page one of the thread.

Its a decent way to draw some sort of pdw distinction between a Rattler and a Glock in a chassis.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]

That's not a PDW.  

That's a War Crime. Hammer!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strela:

But why the long barrel?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/51K-2_jpg-3318441.JPG

That's not a PDW.  

No PDW thread is complete without that entry.

@Strela
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

@Strela
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strela:

But why the long barrel?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6163/51K-2_jpg-3318441.JPG

That's not a PDW.  

@Strela

It's got the most interesting back story of my MGs. Bought it by phone from Kent Lamont while I was about a half-mile from the Branch Davidian Compound on the second day of the siege.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Well. This thread made me pull the trigger. Here's to waiting for the paper work approval 😎 in short order.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By atacdale66:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85690/20240910_150718_jpg-3318988.JPG

Well. This thread made me pull the trigger. Here's to waiting for the paper work approval 😎 in short order.
View Quote

Enjoy it! Great system. (Other than the foibles I talked about earlier.)
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Mind if I ask what that double stamper is going to cost all in?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Earax:

Ya, their initial run of lowers with the paint fill dividers for the logo.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228258/1000009579_jpg-3318437.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Earax:
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Umbrella Corp build?
https://i.imgur.com/hiQsI3J.gif

Ya, their initial run of lowers with the paint fill dividers for the logo.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228258/1000009579_jpg-3318437.JPG

Absolutely love it! I’m a massive Resident Evil nerd. I have the UCWRG pistol grips on everything but retro stuff. Even the grips are getting hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

View Quote

I’ve been looking at this platform for awhile now. Your very informative post and reading online about it made me go look. The owner of the LGS warned me about the trigger as well. I’ll train with it and get used to it. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

View Quote

3100.00 total. Now I sit n wait.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Something else. It had a shorter can on it. Went with the longer can. Now that I think about it…..that shorter can might be an option. You can never have enough of those.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By livinfree:
I really like this in .556, 4.75” barrel.

I know a lot of you think it is too short for .556, but I don’t have to add a caliber I don’t already have.  Add sights/optic of your choice.

Fits in Jansport backpack.

Put whatever lower on it you want, same mags and ammo you already have.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/273029/22F7ECA4-E03B-4369-9C54-ED80BEBD8893_jpe-3242216.JPG

View Quote

You don’t have a 9mm? C’mon man!
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:03:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#16]
Latest entry … Ruger10mm PCC carbine. Takes Glock 20-type mags, any capacity.

Officially the new PDW hotness for election-year protection?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I really like those. That might be my first SBR
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Completely unfamiliar with 10mm ballistics. Will it defeat Level IIIA?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Completely unfamiliar with 10mm ballistics. Will it defeat Level IIIA?
View Quote
No, IIIa has to stop a .44 Mag to pass, which is a bit spicier than most 10mm auto.

Zippy rounds with less of a cross section are usually needed to get through soft armor.  Usually the bottlenecked handgun rounds where you put a lot of ass behind a narrower bullet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
No, IIIa has to stop a .44 Mag to pass, which is a bit spicier than most 10mm auto.

Zippy rounds with less of a cross section are usually needed to get through soft armor.  Usually the bottlenecked handgun rounds where you put a lot of ass behind a narrower bullet.
View Quote

Anyone making a pdw chassis for a Desert Eagle?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]
For those getting their P320 Flux together... this set up runs great for me. FS slide, SilencerCo threaded barrel, Griffin Resistance 9 (Ez LOK attach), factory RSA.  This was shot a bunch with a Harrington comp on it before I got the suppressor, which is why I think it didnt have any issues running with the can on.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Honestly the EMP thing is like 98% fantasy retarded prepper bullshit. But I get it, most of the population barely graduated 8th grade math and physucks. It sounds scary and you can be an edgelord flexing on normies with it. (the normies are laughing at you btw)

Abandoning a car or camping with it though is BOB territory when it comes to shitty weather/emergencies/out of gas etc. BTDT. Plenty of people ran out of gas during Katrina etc. So having to bail on a vehicle isn't 100% improbable, but it wouldn't be anyones first choice. I also have an "abandon house bag" which is built around getting to a hotel/elsewhere in case of fire with docs/e-memories and change of clothes in it etc.

In either case stashing/having a PCC or concealable PDW in case of "urban unrest" isn't the worst thing to think through. Though I will bet 99% of those guys don't have concealable soft armor. Which would be a huge help in a "riot" type of deal where you still need to grey man.

View All Quotes

It happens every time we have hurricane evacuations, folks get stuck on the highway.  Walking down the side of the road with a slung long gun is most likely not going to make anyone inclined to stop and offer you a ride but it's likely to get the attention of the cops.  A PDW in your pack would be a better option in that scenario.  We've got a lot of bridges that could cause potential issues too, whether because of damage (possible, especially given the poor condition of the bridges in this state) or if someone wanted to created a checkpoint (probably fantasy).  It doesn't even have to be a bridge you go over, think about how many retards we've seen open a dump bed or try to drive an oversized load under one or even some bums trying damaging one (that bum camp fire in, IIRC, Houston a couple of years ago damaged a bridge).  

A lot of folks use public transportation and we also have some park and rides (park your vehicle in an inexpensive lot and take the bus into the city) where I could see this being useful, although they have no concealed weapons policies.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Thank you

And

Yowzahs. Hope you dig it
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:38:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#24]

Something else. It had a shorter can on it. Went with the longer can. Now that I think about it…..that shorter can might be an option. You can never have enough of those.
View All Quotes

What interface do the B&T cans and the TP9 have? I presume it’s proprietary. Can you swap the ass end to make the cans useable on other gats?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#25]

What interface do the B&T cans and the TP9 have? I presume it's proprietary. Can you swap the ass end to make the cans useable on other gats?
View Quote
Yes, it's a proprietary QD mount, kind of the same idea as the H&K tri-lug, but totally different dimentions.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes, it's a proprietary QD mount, kind of the same idea as the H&K tri-lug, but totally different dimentions.

https://bt-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Detail_TP9-3.jpg
View All Quotes

What interface do the B&T cans and the TP9 have? I presume it's proprietary. Can you swap the ass end to make the cans useable on other gats?

That’s what I thought I’d seen before. Can their cans have a different thread pitch bit swapped like a HUB female/male threaded jobber so it can be used on a not B&T gun?
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#27]

That’s what I thought I’d seen before. Can their cans have a different thread pitch bit swapped like a HUB female/male threaded jobber so it can be used on a not B&T gun?
View All Quotes

Negative.

There is a trilug adapter kit for the TP9 suppressor but I don't see the point TBH.

My TP9 can was relatively inexpensive at $500. Not too bad for a specialty can.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#28]

That's what I thought I'd seen before. Can their cans have a different thread pitch bit swapped like a HUB female/male threaded jobber so it can be used on a not B&T gun?
View Quote
There's a conversion adaptor to use it on H&K style tri-lugs, because B&T puts those on their other PCC type guns, but I don't think the end of the can is a standard thread like HUB so not much else you can do with it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Not technically a PDW but it does fit the bill for compact and can be carried without drawing attention.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The rotating handguard lets you fold the sight away under the barrel 180 degrees for a much thinner profile when folded.  Fits inside a messenger/laptop bag, and there's other pockets for magazines and ammo, hearing protection, and a charger for the cheap laser.  The Primary Arms Prism sight with the 9mm reticle is great on this.  And if for whatever reason it goes down I can just rotate the handguard and use the iron sights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:23:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#30]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:
Not technically a PDW but it does fit the bill for compact and can be carried without drawing attention.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80518/1000013519_jpg-3319696.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80518/1000013518_jpg-3319697.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80518/1000013540_jpg-3319698.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/80518/1000013542_jpg-3319699.JPG

The rotating handguard lets you fold the sight away under the barrel 180 degrees for a much thinner profile when folded.  Fits inside a messenger/laptop bag, and there's other pockets for magazines and ammo, hearing protection, and a charger for the cheap laser.  The Primary Arms Prism sight with the 9mm reticle is great on this.  And if for whatever reason it goes down I can just rotate the handguard and use the iron sights.
View Quote

I believe Keltec is going to be offering that in 5.7 mm as well, If they haven’t released it already. I haven’t kept up with that rumor. Supposed to be under the $500 price point..
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Negative.

There is a trilug adapter kit for the TP9 suppressor but I don't see the point TBH.

My TP9 can was relatively inexpensive at $500. Not too bad for a specialty can.
View Quote

Odd, I’d have figured their cans would be more expensive.

There's a conversion adaptor to use it on H&K style tri-lugs, because B&T puts those on their other PCC type guns, but I don't think the end of the can is a standard thread like HUB so not much else you can do with it.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Here’s my dilemma.

I have an AR pistol with a PDW brace. Delightful little gun. I can build out 300blk and x39 uppers for it, and while there will be a cost, it won’t be an ugly amount.

OR I can get a CMMG Dissent upper in 300blk and put it on a brand new lower with an A3 Tactical folding brace, thus getting me even shorter. I would very much like to put a BRN180 pistol upper in x39 on it, but it seems those are discontinued. This is a surprisingly expensive build.

Doe’s it make sense to get the folding brace and shrink the gun down as tiny as possible, or do those extra 4-6in matter less than the $2500 I will spend on this project? Does anyone have a line on an x39 piston pistol upper (like the BRN180)? If I could find one of those, that would tip me towards the new gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Is Flux just not making any more P365 Chassis? I haven't seen any restocks since the initial release.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:
Doe’s it make sense to get the folding brace and shrink the gun down as tiny as possible, or do those extra 4-6in matter less than the $2500 I will spend on this project?
View Quote

I hate to be that guy, but "it depends".  

Do you have a specific set up/storage idea that really requires you to lose that 4-6 inches?  Do you have $2500 to blow on a project that couldn't be better spent on ammo, supplies or training?  

Only you know your use case and financial situation.  It either makes sense for you, or it doesn't.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
Is Flux just not making any more P365 Chassis? I haven't seen any restocks since the initial release.
View Quote

They are slow at production period.  I had to wait for a while before I snagged a Raider X on a restock.  

Because they're slow, it encourages resale assholes to poach any restock as well.  

Follow the flux social media stuff, they try to give heads up on restocks so you don't have to try and find one 3rd party.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
View Quote

Just need to add a dot but this thing is built otherwise.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

Just need to add a dot but this thing is built otherwise.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_7706_jpeg-3320422.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/IMG_7707_jpeg-3320424.JPG
View Quote

Needs moar 21 round mags! Looks good, I edc a 365XL set up the same way so I’m thinking about one. I also tend to bring a Rattler when I travel though so not sure if worth it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Gonna give the Acro a shot for a little while.

Probably won't get to the range for a few days but feels pretty good larping in the basement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By f402mech:

Needs moar 21 round mags! Looks good, I edc a 365XL set up the same way so I’m thinking about one. I also tend to bring a Rattler when I travel though so not sure if worth it.
View Quote

I’ll get some 21 rounders when they get to be not stupid prices. I mostly built this for semi local travel. A nice hotel locally, beach trip, a rental cabin, that kind of thing. Basically I’d like something with a little more “ass” for night time or of things get weird while I’m out. It’s also small enough to lock into a portable pistol safe where the rattler isn’t, which makes me feel better with my young kids around.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jkirkon] [#40]
With the can attached, I think it gets out of the ‘spirit’ of a PDW. 28.25”.

Still…I like it.

Attachment Attached File

Without the can, it’s 22.75” long.

Attachment Attached File

Zev/Mega lower
PSA 7” .300BLK M-Lok upper
SB-PDW brace
BCM Mod 0 grip
ALG-ACT LPK
Holosun 510C
Troy HK flip up BUIS
BCM medium CH
Dead Air Xeno 3 prong FH
O-light WML
Resilient Jolene S suppressor w/Xeno HUB adapter
Magpul M-Lok hardware
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#41]
The Flux Raider we have at home.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/asdrtyh45-3322248.jpg
View Quote

@D_Man did you print that? I have a file saved off reddit to do this but I suck at both printing and gunsmithing so I haven't done it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@D_Man did you print that? I have a file saved off reddit to do this but I suck at both printing and gunsmithing so I haven't done it.
View Quote
Yep, it's based on the prototype Digital Nimbus Invader PDW, that I modified a good bit because his final version ended up being to "space gun" for my tastes.  Uses gen 3 Glock 17 parts as the basis.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#44]
Originally Posted By Thor:

I believe Keltec is going to be offering that in 5.7 mm as well, If they haven’t released it already. I haven’t kept up with that rumor. Supposed to be under the $500 price point..
View Quote

Thats a slam dunk right there for me. Almost the perfect  pcc. Even more portable than my ruger and ap 16" barrel to pump those velocity numbers.

Oh, fuck yeah.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/rifles/sub2000-57/
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#45]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/asdrtyh45-3322248.jpg
View Quote

Effin awesome

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102217/tp9-3321323.jpg

Probably won't get to the range for a few days but feels pretty good larping in the basement.
View Quote

So jelly.

And we have the same rain barrels. It must be a sign that I’m supposed to drop $3100 and get a TP9 setup just like you!
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#47]

So jelly.

And we have the same rain barrels. It must be a sign that I’m supposed to drop $3100 and get a TP9 setup just like you!
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102217/tp9-3321323.jpg

So jelly.

A man of taste and sophistication, I see.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Hope everybody is getting their game-face on.  This “mostly peaceful election year” is about to enter the 4th Quarter.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stonia:

Anyone making a pdw chassis for a Desert Eagle?
View Quote

It would weigh more than a Garand
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Hope everybody is getting their game-face on.  This “mostly peaceful election year” is about to enter the 4th Quarter.

View Quote

Took a rifle class yesterday.  

Working on getting stronger and better.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top