Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
FN P90 to 500yds: Practical Accuracy (Stargate SG1 main weapon) PS90
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#3]
PSA is just about to drop the 300 blk Krink.  Posted on instagram and has a dead page on their web site.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Thinking of getting into a 9mm PDW...........of the three, which do you guys like? MP5K type, Stribog or the PSA DOE clone?
View Quote

G17 in a B&T chassis.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
PSA is just about to drop the 300 blk Krink.  Posted on instagram and has a dead page on their web site.
View Quote

What would the advantage be? It won’t be a compact gun with a can on it and that’s the only reason you would want a .300 over a 7.62x39….
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#6]
View Quote

Unless the X57 is out, a 300BO Krink is going to be my house warming gift to myself after we move in

ETA: not for a PDW/bag gun as discussed in this thread, I just think it’s awesome.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Thinking of getting into a 9mm PDW...........of the three, which do you guys like? MP5K type, Stribog or the PSA DOE clone?
View Quote

MP5K with a folding stock/brace is my vote. I've got the 1st gen, so it dosen't havea tri-lug or threaded barrel. But it sure makes it compact, and instantly ready to rumble. Overall I prefer my regumar MP5, because I've wanted one ever since the 80s. But for a compact small backpack PDW, the K model is the better choice, and usually what I take with me if I travel (that and my take-down "lunchbox" SA Edge Evac AR. Both are VERY concealable and inconspicuous PDWs. So is my 5.5" SA Saint PDW, which I also take on tripsat times. I would hand my wife the MP5K and I would use the Evac or PDW. They're all pretty loud, but if I ever have to use them, hearing loss will be low on my immediate priority list.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

MP5K with a folding stock/brace is my vote. I've got the 1st gen, so it dosen't havea tri-lug or threaded barrel. But it sure makes it compact, and instantly ready to rumble. Overall I prefer my regumar MP5, because I've wanted one ever since the 80s. But for a compact small backpack PDW, the K model is the better choice, and usually what I take with me if I travel (that and my take-down "lunchbox" SA Edge Evac AR. Both are VERY concealable and inconspicuous PDWs. So is my 5.5" SA Saint PDW, which I also take on tripsat times. I would hand my wife the MP5K and I would use the Evac or PDW. They're all pretty loud, but if I ever have to use them, hearing loss will be low on my immediate priority list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m not an HK guy, but a friend is and his K with the folder is pretty tiny. Anything AR based, unless it’s an AR180 with a legit folder, is going to be substantially longer than the MP5K. While I love the DOE clone, it’s meant to be used like a rifle and is sized with that in mind.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

What would the advantage be? It won’t be a compact gun with a can on it and that’s the only reason you would want a .300 over a 7.62x39….
View All Quotes

Its for krink fans. Its not supposed to make sense.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I’m not an HK guy, but a friend is and his K with the folder is pretty tiny. Anything AR based, unless it’s an AR180 with a legit folder, is going to be substantially longer than the MP5K. While I love the DOE clone, it’s meant to be used like a rifle and is sized with that in mind.
View All Quotes

With a LAW folder you can build pistol caliber ARs nearly as small if not as small as an MP5K.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:41:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#11]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

With a LAW folder you can build pistol caliber ARs nearly as small if not as small as an MP5K.
View All Quotes

But you can’t use it with the stock folded, correct? Not that I envision hip firing with a folded stock as the optimum way to use it, having it immediately available to fire multiple rounds upon removing the gun from the bag would seem to be a positive.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:47:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#12]

But you can’t use it with the stock folded, correct? Not that I envision hip firing with a folded stock, having it immediately available to fire multiple rounds upon removing the gun from the bag would seem to be a positive.
View All Quotes

But you can’t use it with the stock folded, correct? Not that I envision hip firing with a folded stock, having it immediately available to fire multiple rounds upon removing the gun from the bag would seem to be a positive.

Correct. It’ll only fire once if loaded and folded.

I get the appeal of fire while folded. I’ve had a couple. But after the novelty wears off about halfway through the first mag. I can’t think of a single time I’ve ever fired them while folded.

Same can be said for chassis systems. It’s cool that they fire while folded. But I’ve never used that feature much. Especially since the whole point for me is putting a stock/chassis on a pistol caliber is making it something I can shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#13]

I get the appeal of fire while folded. I’ve had a couple. But after the novelty wears off about halfway through the first mag. I can’t think of a single time I’ve ever fired them while folded.

Same can be said for chassis systems. It’s cool that they fire while folded. But I’ve never used that feature much. Especially since the whole point for me is putting a stock/chassis on a pistol caliber is making it something I can shoulder.
View All Quotes

Completely agree. I see it more if a capability instead of a feature that would be intentionally used. If there’s time to unfold/extend the stock you obviously would. But if you absolutely positively must shoot right meow, it would be nice to be able to.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#14]

G17 in a B&T chassis.
View All Quotes

G17 in a B&T chassis.

Well, I have a Gen 5 17......why not two different PDWs?
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I had a full size MP5 clone but I like the K better, and I'd like to have the collapsible brace for real compactness
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

a Sig Rattler is ~16" or so with no can, folded, and shoots a rifle round

But you can’t use it with the stock folded, correct? Not that I envision hip firing with a folded stock as the optimum way to use it, having it immediately available to fire multiple rounds upon removing the gun from the bag would seem to be a positive.
View Quote

I like folding/collapsing more for travel than actually shooting that way. I have shot my flux glock, flux raider, and rattler all folded or not deployed, just to see how it was. Sucks compares to the half second it takes to get the brace/stock into play though, which through practice you can do on the draw
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Yep.  I think its really hard to beat a K as a bag gun.  Maybe a TP9 but I dont have one to compare.  Best compromise all around of size/shootability/etc.  only drawback is weight compared to something like a flux.

10.3” 5.56 AR with lawfolder vs MP5k

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I like folding/collapsing more for travel than actually shooting that way. I have shot my flux glock, flux raider, and rattler all folded or not deployed, just to see how it was. Sucks compares to the half second it takes to get the brace/stock into play though, which through practice you can do on the draw
View Quote

5 minute mark.

Law Tactical Gen 3 Folding Adaptor

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Completely agree. I see it more if a capability instead of a feature that would be intentionally used. If there’s time to unfold/extend the stock you obviously would. But if you absolutely positively must shoot right meow, it would be nice to be able to.
View All Quotes

FWIW While they recommend against firing it folded. I have done it on my AR9 several times. Doing it suppressed, with subs, and firing while folded lets you fire a single round with the BCG unable to cycle. It is noticeably quieter to me. I’ve used it a few times with pests around the house.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QRB] [#20]
He seems to have gotten away with firing that LAW adaptor folded, but I don't think my dentist would recommend it.

I really don't see the merit of firing a folder with the stock stowed. They can be put into proper operational configuration so quickly, and your odds of hammering a target are so much greater, that I struggle to understand the merit.

ETA: As a substitute bolt lock, I'm sure it was quieter, and I doubt that a 9x19 puts too much stress on that LAW capture plate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AndBen] [#21]
Forget if I posted this yet or not…G17 w/ Flux brace, DeltaPoint Pro, R9 can, Streamlight TLR-VIS w/ Villain Weapon Systems EFL. Fits nicely (with can off) in a discreet Tactical Tailor sling bag. 40 rounds in/on gun.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 1:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#22]
Originally Posted By 74novaman:

Yep.  I think its really hard to beat a K as a bag gun.  Maybe a TP9 but I dont have one to compare.  Best compromise all around of size/shootability/etc.  only drawback is weight compared to something like a flux.

https://i.imgur.com/QzOtOKN.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ygI9kzs.jpeg

View All Quotes

I’m still a big proponent of having multiple size options of portability to match possible size, weight, & cartridge requirements when needing more than just a handgun.  The less attention I draw, the better.

I do like the Law Folder but it does add noticeable weight for the tradeoff of a shorter profile.  Then again, every choice is a tradeoff to some extent.

1. Small backpack or sling pack with Rattler/AR15 config

2. Small shoulder/computer bag with MP5K/TP9 or possibly even a Scorpion Micro

3. Fannypack or on-the-body carry with Flux Raider/USW config to be much more discreet.

Link Posted: 8/10/2024 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

The one thing that keeps from getting a TP9, SBRing it, and getting the real B&T can is the nearly unanimous comments that the trigger is just terrible.

I want to live out my own Collateral dance club shootout fantasy
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#25]

The one thing that keeps from getting a TP9, SBRing it, and getting the real B&T can is the nearly unanimous comments that the trigger is just terrible.

View Quote

For me its being left handed.  I can live with a shit trigger but i dont like eating gas
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#26]

For me its being left handed.  I can live with a shit trigger but i dont like eating gas
View All Quotes

Yeah, the fact that at the end of the day it’s just another blowback 9mm also makes it lose some luster. Mag in grip is cool, but without FA it’s just another 9mm PCC that’s bigger, heavier, and uses more expensive mags compared to a Glock in a chassis….which can do everything a TP9 can do easier, lighter, and cheaper.

It does look tits though
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Yes.  I have both, love both.

But the K with the B&T is peak bag gun.

https://i.imgur.com/vsL7kYA.jpeg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lothbrok:

Get both.

Then put the B&T collapsing stock on the K and have a fantastic bag gun.

I'm looking at century arms and don't see an ap5k.

I only see an ap5-p

Is that the same thing?
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

I only see an ap5-p

Is that the same thing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

Get both.

Then put the B&T collapsing stock on the K and have a fantastic bag gun.

I only see an ap5-p

Is that the same thing?

Yeah, the AP5-P is the same thing as a K.

The AP5/AP5 Core is the full-size MP5 clone, the AP5-P is the K clone.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-p-HG6035ab-n (braced)

https://atlanticfirearms.com/ap5-p-core-HG6035AL-N (with sling)

Atlantic tends to have the best prices on the AP5s that I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Yeah, the AP5-P is the same thing as a K.

The AP5/AP5 Core is the full-size MP5 clone, the AP5-P is the K clone.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-p-HG6035ab-n (braced)

https://atlanticfirearms.com/ap5-p-core-HG6035AL-N (with sling)

Atlantic tends to have the best prices on the AP5s that I've seen.
View Quote

This.

Different nomenclature for same thing, so I tend to just say full size or K clone instead of AP5 or AP5-P because no one would know what that means

They also sell an AP5-M which is a K size clone without the trilug or threaded barrel similar to the original MP5K
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's an interesting option. What round for 5" 5.56?
https://maximdefense.com/product/pdx-sd-sbr/

The Mightiest 5.5 Inches You'll ever handle - The PDX-SD (5.5" Suppressed 5.56)

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Here's an interesting option. What round for 5" 5.56?
https://maximdefense.com/product/pdx-sd-sbr/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5eFmhtqTyE
View Quote

Only thing that comes to mind is maybe Black Hills 50gr TSX. There's a gel test out there somewhere showing it still being effective from a 7.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Shot the Flux Raider 365 or whatever it's called again today. Here's my take aways:
CONS: Unpleasant to shoot. The 3" barrel is really not far from your face and the recoil is surprisingly spicy for 9mm.
PROS: It was insanely accurate and I was hitting within a half inch at 15 yards with garbage ammo, and very quickly. It has ruined my dream of buying an MP5 as there's literally no reason to when I can get the same ballistics as that but with something that weighs less than my 1911s.
CONS: Now I need to build a "real" version so currently saving up for the FUSE. Will come with the longer mags plus a couple extra inches of barrel length will make it nice and further from my face. I will also go down a rabbit hole and end up with both a threaded long-ass barrel and a micro 9mm can. this will literally likely replace all my other "long" guns not of rifle caliber.

Additional sidenote. ACWs shoot frickin lights out, and the MCX in 300BO with subs and a can is also tits. That is all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I shot my Home Badger with 2 different cans today. I saw someone mention that this thing sucks shooting supers and I concur. It's really accurate but managed to easily jam and lock a 10round Lancer mag in the receiver. Other than light weight, I'm not really impressed with it.

This thread has been a great conversation and I appreciate everyone's input. Even the OP.

My main takeaway from all this is, at the end of the day, all our choices suck. Everything we're doing here is just putting lipstick on a pig in one form or fashion.

My understanding is that 300AAC was an attempt to address this gap, but its only an incremental improvement at best.
Our civilian firearm industrial complex is failing us.

We need something with rifle terminal ballistics out to at least 200 yds in the package size of a small 9mm PDW.

Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Shot the Flux Raider 365 or whatever it's called again today. Here's my take aways:
CONS: Unpleasant to shoot. The 3" barrel is really not far from your face and the recoil is surprisingly spicy for 9mm.
PROS: It was insanely accurate and I was hitting within a half inch at 15 yards with garbage ammo, and very quickly. It has ruined my dream of buying an MP5 as there's literally no reason to when I can get the same ballistics as that but with something that weighs less than my 1911s.
CONS: Now I need to build a "real" version so currently saving up for the FUSE. Will come with the longer mags plus a couple extra inches of barrel length will make it nice and further from my face. I will also go down a rabbit hole and end up with both a threaded long-ass barrel and a micro 9mm can. this will literally likely replace all my other "long" guns not of rifle caliber.

Additional sidenote. ACWs shoot frickin lights out, and the MCX in 300BO with subs and a can is also tits. That is all.
View Quote
I hope Flux or True Precision will release a threaded version of their 6" barrel
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I shot my Home Badger with 2 different cans today. I saw someone mention that this thing sucks shooting supers and I concur. It's really accurate but managed to easily jam and lock a 10round Lancer mag in the receiver. Other than light weight, I'm not really impressed with it.

This thread has been a great conversation and I appreciate everyone's input. Even the OP.

My main takeaway from all this is, at the end of the day, all our choices suck. Everything we're doing here is just putting lipstick on a pig in one form or fashion.

My understanding is that 300AAC was an attempt to address this gap, but its only an incremental improvement at best.

We need something with rifle terminal ballistics out to at least 200 yds in the package size of a small 9mm PDW.

View Quote
Braced/chassis Glock in .357sig shooting the hot 64/65gr Underwood loads gets you 5.56mm SBR ballistics from a longslide Glock barrel. The downside is it uses .357sig/40S&W mags, so the capacity isn't great compared to 9mm or 5.56mm
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 7:52:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#37]

View Quote

I think 200yds might be a bit more range than many are looking at in this thread. If you’re in a city, a thing 200yds away probably has many pieces of cover/concealment and exit routes between you and it. More effective range is always better, but for 200yd shots I’d want at least 2-3x magnification to ensure proper target confirmation. Don’t wanna be the internet lawyer, but it’s gonna be tough in a court of law to claim you were threatened for a dude 200yds away and had to whip out the Honey Dick with spicy 110gr TTSXLMNOP 300BO to save yourself.

I like all the gats in this thread. My PS90 is probably my go to if I believe I need something to meet these requirements.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Swapped my deposit from the flux 365 to a flux legion. Shopping for barrels now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2024 10:14:01 PM EDT
[#39]

My main takeaway from all this is, at the end of the day, all our choices suck. Everything we're doing here is just putting lipstick on a pig
View Quote

It is hard being almost always objectively correct, ruggedly handsome and just a fuckin stud in general but I guess we all have our crosses to bear….

You nailed it on all being tarted up pigs.  Probably part of why it fascinates me, because there really isnt a perfect answer to the niche (other than to say fuck it, edc handgun, training, actual fucking rifle for doing rifle shit).

Link Posted: 8/16/2024 5:55:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By billth777:
Swapped my deposit from the flux 365 to a flux legion. Shopping for barrels now.
View Quote

makes sense if you're already in the 320 ecosystem. I already own and carry a bunch of 365 stuff so the smaller one makes sense for me.

It is hard being almost always objectively correct, ruggedly handsome and just a fuckin stud in general but I guess we all have our crosses to bear….

You nailed it on all being tarted up pigs.  Probably part of why it fascinates me, because there really isnt a perfect answer to the niche (other than to say fuck it, edc handgun, training, actual fucking rifle for doing rifle shit).

View Quote

PDWs are certainly a limited use role, but in all honesty we'll hopefully never use or need any of the stuff we train with unless we're tip of the spear guys. I'm not. I'm realizing I'm old. If there is neighborhood SHTF I would likely be better cooking and being a field medic than dropping nods and slotting floppies. One of those is more fun to larm though, says the guy who just took the trash out under NODs
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 8:46:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#41]
Originally Posted By billth777:
View Quote

@billth777

Curious why you switched?

Be aware that swapping barrels the the legion has its challenges. There’s some pictures and details here if you scroll through it I wasn’t aware of until recently.
Flux Raider Legion
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:30:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#42]
Got a few parts in today.

Raider X,
Sig X VTAC slide assembly,
F10 charging handle,
Flux rail mounts,
Sig Romeo 5 with low mount,
TLR-VIR-II with Villain EFL.

Still need to get a threaded barrel for the suppressor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Got a few parts in today.

Raider X,
Sig X VTAC slide assembly,
F10 charging handle,
Flux rail mounts,
Sig Romeo 5 with low mount.

Still need to get a threaded barrel for the suppressor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223734/IMG_9158_jpeg-3296038.JPG
View Quote

Looking good. Really love the F10 charging handle, huge quality of life upgrade
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By steve8140:

@billth777

Curious why you switched?

Be aware that swapping barrels the the legion has its challenges. There’s some pictures and details here if you scroll through it I wasn’t aware of until recently.
Flux Raider Legion
View Quote

Finger fucked a Legion at the fun store and I like that size.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 9:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#45]
16” barrel Henry 357 which is considered a small and handy rifle.

14.5” SBR

Rattler is 20” suppressed and 16” without can

Flux Glock is 16” without can, 12” without.

Sig 365 flux is 10”. About the size and weight of a 1911.

People don’t appreciate how small this stuff is till it’s in comparison. If you’re ok with 9mm, which size would you rather actually carry around?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 12:32:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#46]
I forgot I had a pic of me shouldering this thing. Its so freaking small.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Thor:
I forgot I had a pic of me shouldering this thing. Its so freaking small.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66797/tDEAchn_png-3299380.JPG
View Quote

@Thor

Is that the JAKL upper on a bullpup lower thingy? I saw you add the pic earlier in the thread, but don’t recall seeing a response to the question of it running on a standard lower or something else.

Details, if you please, kind sir.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#48]

@Thor

Is that the JAKL upper on a bullpup lower thingy? I saw you add the pic earlier in the thread, but don’t recall seeing a response to the question of it running on a standard lower or something else.

View Quote

It is an SBR'd milspec AR lower inside and A3 Tactical Chassis. Upper is a Foxtrot Mike Gen2 FM15.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#49]

It is an SBR'd milspec AR lower inside and A3 Tactical Chassis. Upper is a Foxtrot Mike Gen2 FM15.
View All Quotes

@Thor

Titties

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Anti archive bump.

If Trump wins and the left doesnt go full retard a PS90 might be my post election celebration buy.

In the meantime its all ammo, water purification, food, comms etc….
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top