Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I was #1 in my only other league and I hated it.

I'd rather be in the middle of the draft order.   Being at the ends takes forever to pick next.

Attachment Attached File

I feel the team's meh.  PPR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Requiem:

I'd rather be in the middle of the draft order.   Being at the ends takes forever to pick next.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160729/Capture_JPG-3309719.JPG

View Quote

Agree. Meh. It’s a 12 team league. Being in the first 4 is not good. Sure you’ll get your stud, but not much else.

And I’ll tell you guys right now. I won’t draft a qb before rnd 7. You guys can go chase those points. You can only play one QB

Tip - never draft 2 qb. I’ve won plenty of leagues by streaming that position. You can only start one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#3]

View Quote

Yall are too hard on yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m way too hard on you pussycat
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 2:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#5]

View Quote

Sure, here’s a roast for that fantasy football team:

Congratulations! You’ve assembled the All-Star Injury Report team. Joe Burrow might as well be playing from a hospital bed with the amount of hits he takes behind that offensive line. Cooper Kupp? He’s practically a full-time resident in the trainer's room. And Davante Adams—well, I hope you enjoy watching him play through triple coverage because that Raiders offense is basically him or bust.

Christian McCaffrey is the NFL’s finest glass sculpture—beautiful when on the field but always one awkward step away from shattering. Joe Mixon? He’s a great RB… from 2019. Are you hoping for a time machine to get those stats back?

David Njoku at tight end is a bold choice, but then again, when you’ve already rolled the dice on Ridley coming back strong after his little vacation from the NFL and Godwin’s body holding together like it’s made of duct tape, you might as well keep the gambling theme going.

This team is either going to make you look like a genius… or leave you scrambling to the waiver wire by Week 3. Good luck! You’ll need it.

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Check important info.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys at work talked me into joining their league. I haven’t played FF since I was in high school in the 00s. I didn’t research anything and raw dogged the draft today.

$100 buy in winner takes all
12 man league
Snake draft order
No defense or K
PPR
14 player roster, keeper league
Maximum 2 keepers, lose draft pick 1 rd higher than selected previous year

I was given a team someone else had last year that didn’t want to play this year. I gave up a 7th and 8th rd pick to keep D. Smith and R. Stevenson.

Draft order was random via hat draw. I got the 3rd pick, which kinda sucked. I feel like if you don’t get the very first pick to grab McCaffrey you’re better off picking in the back half to get a pair of great players in rd 1-2. Lamb (keeper) and McCaffrey went ahead of me. I debated taking Hill or Jefferson but went with Robinson at 3. I don’t know if that was retarded but I did so based on the fact that there seems to be far more top heavy depth at WR than RB. McCaffrey was picked ahead of me and Hall and Taylor were both keepers. I felt if I didn’t take Robinson at 3 by the time I picked in the 2nd rd (22 overall) there wouldn’t be a stud RB left.

I think it worked out, though, because I was able to snag Nacua in the 2nd. Then I went Moore/Higgins in rounds 3/4. Some guys  took QBs (Allen/Mahomes/Jackson) in rounds 2/3 then the next wave of QBs went about rounds 5-7. Maybe I’m mistaken but it seemed dumb to me. You only play 1 QB and QBs aren’t that far apart at least based on projections. The drop offs at RB and WR seemed far more steep and thus valuable. I snagged a TE (Engram) in the 5th and then just kept picking WR/RB. I was gonna draft Burrow in the 9th but he went a few picks ahead of me. So I just waited and picked D Watson with my last pick and he’s my only QB.

Here’s my week 1 lineup;

Not expecting to win the league, I just don’t wanna finish last.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 4:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:
Guys at work talked me into joining their league. I haven’t played FF since I was in high school in the 00s. I didn’t research anything and raw dogged the draft today.

$100 buy in winner takes all
12 man league
Snake draft order
No defense or K
PPR
14 player roster, keeper league
Maximum 2 keepers, lose draft pick 1 rd higher than selected previous year

I was given a team someone else had last year that didn’t want to play this year. I gave up a 7th and 8th rd pick to keep D. Smith and R. Stevenson.

Draft order was random via hat draw. I got the 3rd pick, which kinda sucked. I feel like if you don’t get the very first pick to grab McCaffrey you’re better off picking in the back half to get a pair of great players in rd 1-2. Lamb (keeper) and McCaffrey went ahead of me. I debated taking Hill or Jefferson but went with Robinson at 3. I don’t know if that was retarded but I did so based on the fact that there seems to be far more top heavy depth at WR than RB. McCaffrey was picked ahead of me and Hall and Taylor were both keepers. I felt if I didn’t take Robinson at 3 by the time I picked in the 2nd rd (22 overall) there wouldn’t be a stud RB left.

I think it worked out, though, because I was able to snag Nacua in the 2nd. Then I went Moore/Higgins in rounds 3/4. Some guys  took QBs (Allen/Mahomes/Jackson) in rounds 2/3 then the next wave of QBs went about rounds 5-7. Maybe I’m mistaken but it seemed dumb to me. You only play 1 QB and QBs aren’t that far apart at least based on projections. The drop offs at RB and WR seemed far more steep and thus valuable. I snagged a TE (Engram) in the 5th and then just kept picking WR/RB. I was gonna draft Burrow in the 9th but he went a few picks ahead of me. So I just waited and picked D Watson with my last pick and he’s my only QB.

Here’s my week 1 lineup;

https://i.postimg.cc/hj9Ws86H/IMG-7078.jpg

Not expecting to win the league, I just don’t wanna finish last.
View Quote

A solid start puca making it to 2nd round is nuts. With only 2 wr slots there should be plenty of wr available.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 8:29:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#8]
I love this time of year . Miserably hot days of summer are coming to an end . MLB fantasy playoffs start monday , NFL starts Thursday . NBA in october . NASCAR is in elimination mode this weekend  too . Good luck everybody on your other teams
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Feelin good bout this one
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Other than rookie qb I have no critique of your team . Have an interest in how he does , but been avoiding him . You have a capable backup “in case he sucks “ though . .
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:25:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#11]
Originally Posted By 4q2:

Other than rookie qb I have no critique of your team . Have an interest in how he does , but been avoiding him . You have a capable backup “in case he sucks “ though . .
View Quote

Stafford was my 2nd to last pick in an 18 round draft.

Breece Hall fell to round 2 pick 11.

I REALLY wanted Richardson in Round 7 and gambled that he would still be there and took Kincaid in round 6.

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]

I REALLY wanted Richardson in Round 7 and gambled that he would still be there and took Kincaid in round 6.

View Quote

Just curious , where did you grab Hockenson? What round ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

12th round  pick 158
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 6:40:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#14]
It's a savvy move to stash an injured player late in the draft who can be dominant when healthy.  You put them on IR and fill their slot with another high ADP pick.

I've got my eye on one not named T.J.  Hopefully you'll find out who that is tomorrow night.

There are some savvy folks in this league, so I might not get him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By eracer:
It's a savvy move to stash an injured player late in the draft who can be dominant when healthy.  You put them on IR and fill their slot with another high ADP pick.

I've got my eye on one not named T.J.  Hopefully you'll find out who that is tomorrow night.

There are some savvy folks in this league, so I might not get him.
View Quote

I’ve done the stash injured player in draft thing. Not a fan.

Also this gets to my “read scoring and settings for the league”. We do have an IR slot. Knowing how to use it is an advantage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#16]

12th round  pick 158
View Quote
  Nice .Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 5:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#17]
A little over 2 hours till draft time boys. There are high skill players in this league.

I suggest you bring your A game.

If one of you yahoos drafts a qb before rnd 5, I will laugh and mock you all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Serious lightning storm going on right now.  If I lose internet I should be able to use my phone's hotspot to continue.
Hopefully the delay won't force me into any auto-picks.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spidey07:
A little over 2 hours till draft time boys. There are high skill players in this league.

I suggest you bring your A game.

If one of you yahoos drafts a qb before rnd 5, I will laugh and mock you all the way to the bank.
View Quote

Im him
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#20]
AAAAHHHHH
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:44:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#21]
First pick. Ooooff.

Going QB
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:46:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#22]
Originally Posted By FG24U:
First pick. Ooooff.

Going QB
View Quote

GREAT CHOICE.

MAY I RECOMMEND THE DRAKE MAYE SPECIAL?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#23]
First pick. Ooooff.

Going QB
View Quote

Aaron Rodgers is healthy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Fairly meaningless, but what the heck, it's a pretty picture.

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Good draft. I got sniped a few times. Coleman is going to be a monster. I thought he’d fall but somebody reached. Nice grab.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#26]
FG24U
Grade: D
Strengths: Christian McCaffrey and Jaylen Waddle are stellar in a PPR league, and Brandon Aiyuk is a decent WR pick.
Weaknesses: The Caleb Williams pick is baffling and could sink your team. Kyle Pitts doesn’t fit well without a specific TE slot, and Tony Pollard and David Montgomery might not provide enough PPR upside. Defenses and kickers were drafted way too early. Overall, this draft is unbalanced and lacks depth.

4Q2
Grade: B
Strengths: CeeDee Lamb and Cooper Kupp are exceptional PPR WRs. Travis Etienne and Kenneth Walker III are solid RBs who can contribute in the passing game. Kyler Murray adds upside at QB.
Weaknesses: The RB depth is shaky with Jerome Ford and Nick Chubb. The DEF and Kicker picks don’t add much value. The team has a strong foundation but could use more reliable depth and balanced picks.

Stk016
Grade: B+
Strengths: Patrick Mahomes is a top QB, and Chris Olave and Nico Collins are strong WRs with significant PPR potential. Rhamondre Stevenson is a solid RB for PPR.
Weaknesses: Zamir White and Tyler Allgeier are risky depth RBs. The DEF pick is solid, and Justin Tucker is a reliable kicker, but lacking a TE slot and having questionable depth overall limits this draft’s potential.

Champion King Lord Eracer
Grade: C+
Strengths: Ja'Marr Chase is a top-tier WR, and Jalen Hurts is a high-upside QB. Isiah Pacheco and De'Von Achane offer good PPR potential as RBs.
Weaknesses: George Pickens at 52 is a reach, and the QB picks (Jayden Daniels) are highly questionable. DEF and Kicker picks are irrelevant. This draft has some high-quality players but lacks depth and balance.

Bennjamminn
Strengths: Breece Hall and Jonathan Taylor are outstanding RBs in a PPR league. Lamar Jackson is a valuable QB with rushing upside, and Deebo Samuel is a solid WR.
Weaknesses: Zay Flowers and Brian Thomas Jr. are risky and might not provide consistent PPR value. The DEF and Kicker picks are less impactful. The draft has potential but lacks a bit of balance and depth.

Low_Country
Strengths: Justin Jefferson is a top WR, and Saquon Barkley is a strong PPR RB. Josh Allen is a premium QB, which is a huge asset.
Weaknesses: Ezekiel Elliott and Devin Singletary are aging and might not provide the same value. The DEF and Kicker picks are fine but don’t enhance the roster. The core is strong but needs better depth and more reliable picks.

2 girls 1 Kupp
Strengths: A.J. Brown and Stefon Diggs are elite WRs in PPR. Alvin Kamara is a solid RB who excels in pass-catching. Joe Burrow is a good QB choice.
Weaknesses: Trey McBride and Dalton Kincaid don’t add much value without a dedicated TE slot. Zack Moss and other late-round picks are uninspired. The DEF and Kicker picks don’t contribute significantly. The draft has star power but needs better depth.

livfreely
Strengths: Bijan Robinson and Derrick Henry are excellent RBs with significant PPR potential. Travis Kelce is a top-tier asset. C.J. Stroud adds upside as a QB.
Weaknesses: Jordan Mason and Aaron Rodgers are questionable picks. The DEF and Kicker selections are unnecessary. Overall, the draft has high potential but needs more reliable depth and a bit more balance.

Spidey
Strengths: Amon-Ra St. Brown and Marvin Harrison Jr. are strong WRs, and George Kittle is a versatile player who performs well in PPR. Najee Harris is a solid RB.
Weaknesses: Dak Prescott is a mediocre QB option, and the rest of the RBs and WRs are hit-or-miss. The DEF and Kicker picks aren’t valuable. There’s potential, but also a lot of risk and uncertainty.

Notcalifornialegal
Grade: B-
Strengths: Garrett Wilson and DeVonta Smith are solid WRs. Jahmyr Gibbs is a high-upside PPR RB, and Anthony Richardson has potential.
Weaknesses: Malik Nabers and Chase Brown are risky picks. The DEF and Kicker choices are weak. The draft lacks depth and could use more high-upside, reliable players.

Star City
Grade: C
Strengths: Mike Evans and Drake London are decent WRs. James Cook and James Conner are solid RBs with some PPR value.
Weaknesses: Brock Purdy at QB is a gamble, and the WR depth is weak after the top picks. The DEF and Kicker selections are uninspired. Overall, the draft lacks cohesion and upside.

Requiem
Grade: A+
Strengths: Davante Adams and Puka Nacua are fantastic WR picks in PPR. Joe Mixon and Rachaad White are strong PPR RBs. Jordan Love and Kirk Cousins provide solid QB options. The DEF pick (New York) is decent for added value, and the kicker (Evan McPherson) is reliable. The late-round picks like Chuba Hubbard and Zach Charbonnet add depth and potential upside.
Weaknesses: Few, if any, significant weaknesses. The draft is well-balanced, with a strong mix of star power, depth, and flexibility. This roster is poised to perform well in a PPR league.

Requiem’s draft stands out with its exceptional balance and depth, making it a top contender in a PPR format. The combination of star WRs, versatile RBs, and solid QB choices ensures a strong performance throughout the season.

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Good draft. I got sniped a few times. Coleman is going to be a monster. I thought he’d fall but somebody reached. Nice grab.
View Quote

surprised by #2 draft spot , but i think it worked out ok . grabbed some longshots . a rookie and others i wanted so its all good .
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#28]
FG24U
Grade: D
Strengths: Christian McCaffrey and Jaylen Waddle are stellar in a PPR league, and Brandon Aiyuk is a decent WR pick.
Weaknesses: The Caleb Williams pick is baffling and could sink your team. Kyle Pitts doesn’t fit well without a specific TE slot, and Tony Pollard and David Montgomery might not provide enough PPR upside. Defenses and kickers were drafted way too early. Overall, this draft is unbalanced and lacks depth.

4Q2
Strengths: CeeDee Lamb and Cooper Kupp are exceptional PPR WRs. Travis Etienne and Kenneth Walker III are solid RBs who can contribute in the passing game. Kyler Murray adds upside at QB.
Weaknesses: The RB depth is shaky with Jerome Ford and Nick Chubb. The DEF and Kicker picks don’t add much value. The team has a strong foundation but could use more reliable depth and balanced picks.

Stk016
Strengths: Patrick Mahomes is a top QB, and Chris Olave and Nico Collins are strong WRs with significant PPR potential. Rhamondre Stevenson is a solid RB for PPR.
Weaknesses: Zamir White and Tyler Allgeier are risky depth RBs. The DEF pick is solid, and Justin Tucker is a reliable kicker, but lacking a TE slot and having questionable depth overall limits this draft’s potential.

Champion King Lord Eracer
Grade: C+
Strengths: Ja'Marr Chase is a top-tier WR, and Jalen Hurts is a high-upside QB. Isiah Pacheco and De'Von Achane offer good PPR potential as RBs.
Weaknesses: George Pickens at 52 is a reach, and the QB picks (Jayden Daniels) are highly questionable. DEF and Kicker picks are irrelevant. This draft has some high-quality players but lacks depth and balance.

Bennjamminn
Strengths: Breece Hall and Jonathan Taylor are outstanding RBs in a PPR league. Lamar Jackson is a valuable QB with rushing upside, and Deebo Samuel is a solid WR.
Weaknesses: Zay Flowers and Brian Thomas Jr. are risky and might not provide consistent PPR value. The DEF and Kicker picks are less impactful. The draft has potential but lacks a bit of balance and depth.

Low_Country
Strengths: Justin Jefferson is a top WR, and Saquon Barkley is a strong PPR RB. Josh Allen is a premium QB, which is a huge asset.
Weaknesses: Ezekiel Elliott and Devin Singletary are aging and might not provide the same value. The DEF and Kicker picks are fine but don’t enhance the roster. The core is strong but needs better depth and more reliable picks.

2 girls 1 Kupp
Strengths: A.J. Brown and Stefon Diggs are elite WRs in PPR. Alvin Kamara is a solid RB who excels in pass-catching. Joe Burrow is a good QB choice.
Weaknesses: Trey McBride and Dalton Kincaid don’t add much value without a dedicated TE slot. Zack Moss and other late-round picks are uninspired. The DEF and Kicker picks don’t contribute significantly. The draft has star power but needs better depth.

livfreely
Strengths: Bijan Robinson and Derrick Henry are excellent RBs with significant PPR potential. Travis Kelce is a top-tier asset. C.J. Stroud adds upside as a QB.
Weaknesses: Jordan Mason and Aaron Rodgers are questionable picks. The DEF and Kicker selections are unnecessary. Overall, the draft has high potential but needs more reliable depth and a bit more balance.

Spidey
Strengths: Amon-Ra St. Brown and Marvin Harrison Jr. are strong WRs, and George Kittle is a versatile player who performs well in PPR. Najee Harris is a solid RB.
Weaknesses: Dak Prescott is a mediocre QB option, and the rest of the RBs and WRs are hit-or-miss. The DEF and Kicker picks aren’t valuable. There’s potential, but also a lot of risk and uncertainty.

Notcalifornialegal
Grade: B-
Strengths: Garrett Wilson and DeVonta Smith are solid WRs. Jahmyr Gibbs is a high-upside PPR RB, and Anthony Richardson has potential.
Weaknesses: Malik Nabers and Chase Brown are risky picks. The DEF and Kicker choices are weak. The draft lacks depth and could use more high-upside, reliable players.

Star City
Grade: C
Strengths: Mike Evans and Drake London are decent WRs. James Cook and James Conner are solid RBs with some PPR value.
Weaknesses: Brock Purdy at QB is a gamble, and the WR depth is weak after the top picks. The DEF and Kicker selections are uninspired. Overall, the draft lacks cohesion and upside.

Requiem
Grade: A+
Strengths: Davante Adams and Puka Nacua are fantastic WR picks in PPR. Joe Mixon and Rachaad White are strong PPR RBs. Jordan Love and Kirk Cousins provide solid QB options. The DEF pick (New York) is decent for added value, and the kicker (Evan McPherson) is reliable. The late-round picks like Chuba Hubbard and Zach Charbonnet add depth and potential upside.
Weaknesses: Few, if any, significant weaknesses. The draft is well-balanced, with a strong mix of star power, depth, and flexibility. This roster is poised to perform well in a PPR league.

Requiem’s draft stands out with its exceptional balance and depth, making it a top contender in a PPR format. The combination of star WRs, versatile RBs, and solid QB choices ensures a strong performance throughout the season.

View Quote

where do i send my pmag to ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I focused on ball catchers. If my starting RBs are decent RB2 who can give 10 pts per game I’m fine with that. I’ll get my points elsewhere.

Drafting rookie Harrison with my 2nd pick is risky. Could pay off. I can’t believe the Dallas RBs were there in like rnd 10.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I focused on ball catchers. If my starting RBs are decent RB2 who can give 10 pts per game I’m fine with that. I’ll get my points elsewhere.

Drafting rookie Harrison with my 2nd pick is risky. Could pay off. I can’t believe the Dallas RBs were there in like rnd 10.
View Quote

I got Elliot round 11.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#31]

View Quote

How I felt when I say my draft position.

I got sniped in the early rounds several times *shrug*
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

There are quality players in this league. That’s certain.

Except the ones drafting 2 qbs
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

i had a reason . gamble may pay off , may not .   Sorry if i grabbed your QB
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

I was shocked tua fell that low.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#35]

I was shocked tua fell that low.
View Quote

I try to go "best player available " in my drafts . I felt he was best player at #146 so i took him . Was it stupid or wrong ? , guess i will find out
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#36]
Draft Grades are all over the place.

Yahoo was particularly brutal to me XD

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#37]
Draft Grades are all over the place.

Yahoo was particularly brutal to me XD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/1000010205-3312720.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/1000010207-3312721.jpg
View Quote

I always get poor draft grades with yahoo. Yet I always finish in top 3.

You win via waiver. Half my team I drafted won’t be on my roster by week 8. 3 of my drafted players will be dropped by week 4. Lets get it on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Auto drafting the Cowboys D because I ran out of time really hurt
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:32:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#39]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/378350/IMG_1798-3312736.png

Auto drafting the Cowboys D because I ran out of time really hurt
View Quote

Its a dice roll on d/st , really . Of course , thats IMO . nobody's critique of your draft matters anyway .
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#40]

Its a dice roll on d/st , really . Of course , thats IMO . nobody's critique of your draft matters anyway .
View Quote

If anything I learned a new word. I had to look up “cacophony”
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#41]

If anything I learned a new word. I had to look up “cacophony”
View Quote

They use their tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore .
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:46:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#42]
I drafted the "All Rookie Handcuff Upside Running Back Bench."

I reached way up for Xavier Worthy.  I just have a gut feeling he's going to be this year's Tyreek Hill, and utilized a lot more than the pundits think..  I probably should taken a different WR with a safer floor at that spot.

And definitely needed to take a WR like Jacobi Meyers in place of Rico Dowdle, whose success hinges entirely on the health of Ezekiel Elliott.  Same with Blake Corum.  He's only fantasy relevant if Kyren Williams goes down, and WR's like Joshua Palmer (who I think projects well this year,) along with quality flex plays like Rasheed Shaheed and Hollywood Brown were all available at the spot.

I really wanted Jonathon Brooks, and he was available one round later than I thought he'd last.  When healthy he could be this year's Saquon Barkley when he was in his prime.

My rationale for taking two QB's is simple:

1. We have enough bench spots in this league.
2. If Hurts goes down, I want a quality QB with upside taking his place. I don't want to rely on Baker Mayfield if the worst thing happens.

On the other hand... Josh Allen was a stud for me last year.  Matthew Stafford was a total mess.  So maybe you're right, Spidey.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I did very similar. I grabbed Odunze since Williams seems to have a connection with him from when they were working out prior to the draft, to pre season.

I wanted Josh Allen so bad since I always draft him. I was pissed I at myself for letting him get picked
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By eracer:
I drafted the "All Rookie Handcuff Upside Running Back Bench."

I reached way up for Xavier Worthy.  I just have a gut feeling he's going to be this year's Tyreek Hill, and utilized a lot more than the pundits think..  I probably should taken a different WR with a safer floor at that spot.

And definitely needed to take a WR like Jacobi Meyers in place of Rico Dowdle, whose success hinges entirely on the health of Ezekiel Elliott.  Same with Blake Corum.  He's only fantasy relevant if Kyren Williams goes down, and WR's like Joshua Palmer (who I think projects well this year,) along with quality flex plays like Rasheed Shaheed and Hollywood Brown were all available at the spot.

I really wanted Jonathon Brooks, and he was available one round later than I thought he'd last.  When healthy he could be this year's Saquon Barkley when he was in his prime.

My rationale for taking two QB's is simple:

1. We have enough bench spots in this league.
2. If Hurts goes down, I want a quality QB with upside taking his place. I don't want to rely on Baker Mayfield if the worst thing happens.

On the other hand... Josh Allen was a stud for me last year.  Matthew Stafford was a total mess.  So maybe you're right, Spidey.
View Quote

I was real close to taking tua as a 2nd qb. It was the right call as late as he fell. Hindsight and all and may never draft 2qb stigma.

I have a 14 teamer drafting later. And EVERYBODY drafts 2 qb. I know that league well.

So you guys wanna give me some sleepers/stash for that draft now that ours is over?  14 team gets rough. Only 5 bench slots. So you’re constantly churning in that one. Coleman is must draft. Xavier worthy is must draft imho. Just to see what happens. How much you reach for them?  Debatable.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4q2] [#45]

I was real close to taking tua as a 2nd qb. It was the right call as late as he fell. Hindsight and all and may never draft 2qb stigma.

I have a 14 teamer drafting later. And EVERYBODY drafts 2 qb. I know that league well.

So you guys wanna give me some sleepers/stash for that draft now that ours is over?  14 team gets rough. Only 5 bench slots. So you’re constantly churning in that one. Coleman is must draft. Xavier worthy is must draft imho. Just to see what happens. How much you reach for them?  Debatable.
View Quote

I’ve been hitting the Ford / Chubb Cleveland duo hard and Shakir  from Buffalo a lot  . Will it work out ? I dunno . Later round picks are always iffy , as you well know . edit to add they’re usually in #120-130 position
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Starting Xavier worthy tonight in flex nother league. I really wanted him in ours. Also put a prop bet he’d get a TD.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#47]
If you had the RBs below, what 2 are you starting this week?

J Cook
Henry
Etienne

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#48]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
If you had the RBs below, what 2 are you starting this week?

J Cook
Henry
Etienne

View Quote

Cook. Henry. More upside. Just mho

We get to see if Henry still has it. Get that dude inside the 5 and he scores.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That's where I was leaning as well.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I agree with spidey and you. However , Henry probably has as much wear , tear and miles on him as your avatar ! CMC also , IMO .
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top