Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:48:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you know she was a badass female fighter pilot?  She likes to talk about it... A LOT.

No one likes a harridan.
View Quote

Fighter pilot, eh? Does she not know what the "A" in A-10 stands for?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
She may be running a bad campaign but I can't find anything to indicate that she's a McCain or Rino POS.

Please advise.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
She’s got all the personality of a damp towel...WTF happened to Dr Kelli Ward
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A small number of Arizona voters ever lived in California. Most of them moved to Arizona because they are conservative. It’s your own young people that are flipping Arizona blue.
View Quote

Yea... right!

I can honestly say I probably know 8 couples that came here FROM CALI............ ONE is a a conservative gun-owner that came here specifically for the freedoms we have.

THE OTHERS: came here because the houses they paid around $100,000 for in the 60's and 70's were fetching over HALF a MILLION so they bailed to a place that this kind of profit would set them up very well. 7 out of 8 of these couples are liberal turds.
Go tell the native Arizonan's in Prescott and Flagstaff how all the Cali transplants are "conservative."
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
She is flippant and unlikable.

She is out of touch and will not publicly address issues. (McSilent)

She is not a Trump supporter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She may be running a bad campaign but I can't find anything to indicate that she's a McCain or Rino POS.

Please advise.
View Quote
She supported red flag laws. So does our douchebag governor.  Is that enough of an indicator for you?

When the world was burning down, she found it more important to make social media posts about her dogs.

Out
of
touch.

Tone
deaf.

Mark Kelly is owned by China.  Very shitty that he will likely win.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1. Arizona
2. She lost once already
3. "Polls"

Her best hope is to ride Trumps coattails over the line.
View Quote

That’s the only chance she ever had.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Arizona is a morass of RINOs, Boomers, illegals and california libtard cancer. In this cycle or next it will flip blue.
View Quote

AZ has flipped back and forth many times.  

As Gov., we had leftist Janet Napolitano before we had Jan Brewer (excellent) and Doug Ducey (pretty good).  Over time, we've had about the same # of D as R govs.  It does not surprise me.

McSally is not a great candidate but she has my vote and some $.  I'm doing what I can.  I wish all the perfectionist tard "conservatives" would get over Joe Arpaio's losses.  Joe has left the building, and he's not coming back.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ducey was buds with McCain and is something of a RINO himself.
View Quote

Consider the potential alternative(s).
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She’s got all the personality of a damp towel...WTF happened to Dr Kelli Ward
View Quote

Kelli is now the leader of the Republican Party in AZ IIRC.  I like her.  I supported her when she tried to primary McCain, & also when she lost against McSally & Arpaio in a primary which McSally won.  The vote was split 3 ways and it never really solidified with McSally.  Kelli had some solid support but not enough against the establishment McCain RINOs.  We can partly blame sore losers in the GOP for McSally's loss to Sinema.  A lot of them stayed home.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yea... right!

I can honestly say I probably know 8 couples that came here FROM CALI............ ONE is a a conservative gun-owner that came here specifically for the freedoms we have.

THE OTHERS: came here because the houses they paid around $100,000 for in the 60's and 70's were fetching over HALF a MILLION so they bailed to a place that this kind of profit would set them up very well. 7 out of 8 of these couples are liberal turds.
Go tell the native Arizonan's in Prescott and Flagstaff how all the Cali transplants are "conservative."
View Quote

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I'm a transplant and you can't find hardly anyone to the right of me.  I know several others, too.

One thing I do know, is the # of illegals dropped when Jan Brewer signed those laws (some were eventually overturned).  The huge whooshing sound you heard were cars full of them heading west to the Garden of Eden - California - for the freebies.  This reduced the blue virus across the entire state.

BTW, I've met a lot of people in the Prescott area.  Few are natives.  Almost everyone is a transplant from somewhere.  Even so, Yavapai County is reliability red, and will vote red again in November regardless of what the rest of the state does.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

out of the 6 neighbors in my cul-de-sac that all came from CA, zero of them are conservatives. 3 of them remind us every time we see them of how they did things differently in CA and how we (AZ) need to do it the way they did.

I don't know where you get the most of them BS, I'm yet to meet a single conservative that moved here from CA.
View Quote

Almost all of my friends, relatives, and associates that have moved to Arizona from California are on the Right side of the political spectrum, and not in a relative sense.  However, there are a ton of Leftists moving from California to Arizona, too.  I actually met a couple in Kingman a couple of years ago who were originally from New York, moved to California and helped turn it Blue back when Leftists were moving here en masse from the Midwest and Northeast, and then due to what's going on here have decided to move in to Arizona, but still want the same types of policies.  Like locusts.  And I'm sure their kids and grandkids were raised to be Leftists as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This sums her up perfectly. I’ll vote for her, but I remember her publicly distancing herself from Trump in ‘16 and hinting that a woman president would be nice to see. She tried to play both sides. She’s a shitheel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ducey was buds with McCain and is something of a RINO himself.

Don't think I didn't vote for him.
It also didn't hurt him that the dems ran a closet commie against him last time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Its a similar challenge in a number of other states.  

AZ is not the bastion of conservativism some might suggest.  

Instead, they have a history of electing rather moderate R's.   Voted for Clinton in 1996, and Trump won the state by only around 3.5%.   Right now, in the House, they have 5 D's and 4 R's.  

So, here is the box they are in:

Run towards suburban voters/RINO's, and Trump attacks them.  Run with Trump, and they potentially alienate some more moderate R's/RINO's/suburban voters.    

And, to win against a decent D candidate, they basically need the moderate R's/RINO's and the Trump supporters.   Lose a chunk of either group, and its a tough path to win.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is tons of it out there if you want to search for it -- no mystery.

She was basically someone who was constantly grinding an axe about being a female in a man's community (e.g. being a fighter pilot). She was not respected by her peers or subordinates, and there are some funny stories about her shenanigans while flying (like taking off in an A-10 that was out of fuel).

McSally likes to fly her "I was the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat" flag, but that only impresses people who are ignorant about the details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Details?

There is tons of it out there if you want to search for it -- no mystery.

She was basically someone who was constantly grinding an axe about being a female in a man's community (e.g. being a fighter pilot). She was not respected by her peers or subordinates, and there are some funny stories about her shenanigans while flying (like taking off in an A-10 that was out of fuel).

McSally likes to fly her "I was the first female fighter pilot to fly in combat" flag, but that only impresses people who are ignorant about the details.

She flew Warthogs in close air support in the sandbox...  Mr. MudEagle, how many combat missions have you flown??
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Swamp-dwelling GOP-E still doesn't understand how much conservatives despise the swamp.
View Quote

McSalley is the swamp.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yea... right!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A small number of Arizona voters ever lived in California. Most of them moved to Arizona because they are conservative. It’s your own young people that are flipping Arizona blue.

Yea... right!

How many Californians do you think have moved to Arizona in the last ten years? If your so called Arizona “natives” got off their asses and voted “Californians” would not have a noticeable impact on Election Day in Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Speaking of, Sinema is the only remotely attractive Democrat at the national level.
View Quote

How could you forget the one that everyone loves to hate, yet obsesses about?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As Gov., we had leftist Janet Napolitano before we had Jan Brewer (excellent) and Doug Ducey (pretty good).  Over time, we've had about the same # of D as R govs.  It does not surprise me.

McSally is not a great candidate but she has my vote and some $.  I'm doing what I can.  I wish all the perfectionist tard "conservatives" would get over Joe Arpaio's losses.  Joe has left the building, and he's not coming back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arizona is a morass of RINOs, Boomers, illegals and california libtard cancer. In this cycle or next it will flip blue.

Ducey screwing up that senate seat alone makes him an incredibly shitty governor in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Republican Party in AZ is run by retards. Had they left McSally in Congress she wouldn’t have given up her seat to a Dem.  Then they could have chosen someone dynamic to run against Kirsten Sinema but hey, McCain was a ‘hero’ and McSally had a uniform in her closet, sounds like a win to take Flake’s seat. Then when McSally lost, they doubled down via Ducey’s appointment of McSally to McCain’s vacancy.

The AZ R party is failing to provide appealing options to a changing electorate.  They shun new blood.  With flight from California influx into AZ it will be a failed blue state in 10 years.
View Quote

Watching from a distance, but my home state Republican party seems to have gone off the rails.
Then I think about when I met McCain when he was "only" a congressman.   He was an egotistical prick even then.
Arizona Republican party as been running on 60s and 70s momentum and are about to coast to a stop.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How many Californians do you think have moved to Arizona in the last ten years? If your so called Arizona “natives” got off their asses and voted “Californians” would not have a noticeable impact on Election Day in Arizona.
View Quote

Probably correct, but "muh principles" conservatives and independents would rather stay home than vote for a McSally, which is why we have the wretched Sinema.

I'm done with trying to achieve perfection in a political candidate.  I'm following the Buckley Rule (named after Wm. F. Buckley): "Always vote for the most conservative candidate who has a chance to win."  This is a good rule to follow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Please advise.
View Quote
Even if she were (I haven't followed her career so I don't know), her opponent is a complete shitbag who is openly hostile to the 2nd amendment. We NEED her to win.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
A microcosm of Arizona republican politics

The ASU College Republicans are asking for an investigation into the ASU College Republicans United for starting the Kyle Rittenhouse defense fund. Calls them racist and antisemitic.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
She's a weak candidate. She's been defeated already before, not sure why they would run her again.

I don't agree with Mark Kelly politically, but he's a fucking astronaut. He's got an advantage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even if she were (I haven't followed her career so I don't know), her opponent is a complete shitbag who is openly hostile to the 2nd amendment. We NEED her to win.
View Quote

You have the right attitude.

Win, or kiss your rights goodbye.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kelly is a gun owning hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Swamp-dwelling GOP-E still doesn't understand how much conservatives despise the swamp.
View Quote

This. When Trump was going to be impeached and was impeach, her stance was, I have no comment

When CNN tried to interview her about it, she ran away. She is a closet never Trumper and refuses to take a stance on anything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This. When Trump was going to be impeached and was impeach, her stance was, I have no comment

When CNN tried to interview her about it, she ran away. She is a closet never Trumper and refuses to take a stance on anything.
View Quote

Are you saying that she voted to impeach Trump?  Because I was following that and that's not my recollection at all.  She voted "nay".

Provide quote/link or I'm calling BS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Kelly is a gun owning hypocrite.
View Quote

For starters.  He's also mobbed up with the Chicoms and the Soros org.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Met her long ago when we were active duty officers together.  One of the worst officers I have ever had the pleasure of knowing,  she was the epitome of vain and making sure she got her way or no way at all.  I figured she was perfect for public office...
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Met her long ago when we were active duty officers together.  One of the worst officers I have ever had the pleasure of knowing,  she was the epitome of vain and making sure she got her way or no way at all.  I figured she was perfect for public office...
View Quote

And still light years better than Sinema or Kelly, in the current political climate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

And still light years better than Sinema or Kelly, in the current political climate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, I’m just giving you my personal experience with her.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck Arizona...bunch of Commie Fucks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you saying that she voted to impeach Trump?  Because I was following that and that's not my recollection at all.  She voted "nay".

Provide quote/link or I'm calling BS.
View Quote

I called her office before Trump was impeached and her office said she has no stance. I couldn’t care less if your believe me or not. Go stick your head in the sand some more.

https://www.dscc.org/news/quick-clip-mcsally-literally-went-around-the-capitol-around-parked-cars-to-dodge-questions-about-foreign-interference-in-u-s-elections/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2019/11/02/sen-martha-mcsally-says-little-trump-impeachment-inquiry/4126644002/

AZ Sen. Martha McSally sidesteps question about help from foreign government
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#36]
She's so terrible, AZ is going to elect Feinstein 2.0 on steroids to the Senate
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Kelly is all over the radio and tv. McSally is not. I hate Kelly's guts. McSally just isn't likable.  She will likely end up losing. Again. No idea why AZ can't field a likeable R candidate. Morons.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]
S

Sorry, but the links you provided don't support what you've said in your post.  

She was asked whether SHE would ask a foreign country to "dig up dirt" on an opponent.  That's hardly an unbiased question, and has no relevance to the way she would vote on impeachment (she voted "no" btw.)

I couldn't care less if you don't understand the issue, but at least you could post links that support your own thesis.  That's sort of a minimum, even in GD.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Kelly is all over the radio and tv. McSally is not. I hate Kelly's guts. McSally just isn't likable.  She will likely end up losing. Again. No idea why AZ can't field a likeable R candidate. Morons.
View Quote

Word is Ducey may challenge Sinema.  Ducey isn't perfect, but he is pretty likable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

out of the 6 neighbors in my cul-de-sac that all came from CA, zero of them are conservatives. 3 of them remind us every time we see them of how they did things differently in CA and how we (AZ) need to do it the way they did.

I don't know where you get the most of them BS, I'm yet to meet a single conservative that moved here from CA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know 4 former CA residents that live there now. 3 are conservative, the other one is basically apolitical (she never mentions anything political).
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Problem is she has to get her voters to you know actually vote for her.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Perhaps the better question - one which should invite some soul-searching and deep thinking - is not what is "wrong" with McSally....  But WHAT is "right" about her?  I regret to have to say that, after some considerable thought on that question, I cannot come up with much of an answer.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I'm a transplant and you can't find hardly anyone to the right of me.  I know several others, too.

One thing I do know, is the # of illegals dropped when Jan Brewer signed those laws (some were eventually overturned).  The huge whooshing sound you heard were cars full of them heading west to the Garden of Eden - California - for the freebies.  This reduced the blue virus across the entire state.

BTW, I've met a lot of people in the Prescott area.  Few are natives.  Almost everyone is a transplant from somewhere.  Even so, Yavapai County is reliability red, and will vote red again in November regardless of what the rest of the state does.
View Quote

So you are a sample of ONE, and add a few other you know.... that's a long way from what you said earlier about most of them being uber conservatives. They AREN'T.
You're right that there are transplants from all over in Prescott... and especially Flagstaff. Unfortunately the natives are fewer than they use to be, but they're there... ask ANY of them what state has fucked up the area the most or tried the hardest to bring in their politics.
I was putting in phone lines in the late 80's, early 90's for Mtn. Bell(& Qwest) up there when the influx first started... reaching out into areas that were open hills, now subdivisions.... it was pretty much for the Cali infusion. At first it was a boon for local businesses... then they saw what politics were coming with them. Later is when it was more of a melting pot of transplants.

YOU may be the most conservative, gun lovin' ex Cali guy around... excellent. Just don't be offended when people that have seen the change in AZ point out Cali's uber liberalism following most of the other ones here. You left it for a reason, right? The vast mnajority didn't leave it for the same reason.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Perhaps the better question - one which should invite some soul-searching and deep thinking - is not what is "wrong" with McSally....  But WHAT is "right" about her?  I regret to have to say that, after some considerable thought on that question, I cannot come up with much of an answer.
View Quote

Here's your answer.

She has voted yes on all of Trump's court picks that I can find.

She voted no on impeachment.

She has not opposed Trump on any of his major initiatives.

What, exactly, do you want from a rookie senator?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Arizona has one democrat  senator,  and four of nine representatives are democrats. Former senators  include Jeff Flake and John McCain. The mountain west has never been solidly conservative.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

this is where I am, I voted against her in every primary, but she's better than mark kelly
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This about sums her up.  She sold out our AH-64D battalion and skipped the HASC meeting to partake in a 5 minute election soundbite with Fox News in 2017.  She only gives a shit about herself.  We get more support from Representative O’Halleran (D) and Senator Simena (D) than any other AZ politician.  I’m going to hold my nose and vote Republican as a matter of principle, but I personally don’t think McSally has a chance in hell against Kelly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So you are a sample of ONE, and add a few other you know.... that's a long way from what you said earlier about most of them being uber conservatives. They AREN'T.
You're right that there are transplants from all over in Prescott... and especially Flagstaff. Unfortunately the natives are fewer than they use to be, but they're there... ask ANY of them what state has fucked up the area the most.
I was putting in phone lines in the late 80's, early 90's for Mtn. Bell(& Qwest) up there when the influx first started... reaching out into areas that were open hills, now subdivisions.... it was pretty much for the Cali infusion. At first it was a boon for local businesses... then they saw what politics were coming with them. Later is when it was more of a melting pot of transplants.

YOU may be the most conservative, gun lovin' ex Cali guy around... excellent. Just don't be offended when people that have seen the change in AZ point out Cali's uber liberalism following most of the other ones here. You left it for a reason, right? The vast mnajority didn't leave it for the same reason.

View Quote

Flagstaff is different in many ways.  Mostly, it's a liberal college town.  Those leftist students - thousands of them - come from all over the Country, including Arizona.  Prescott is not a liberal college town.  Yavapai County is one of the reddest, if not THE reddest, in AZ.  The County Supes just voted 5-0 to make Yavapai County a Second Amendment Sanctuary County.

I don't argue your point about the potential effects of Californication.  Yet, how can you explain the citizens of AZ electing leftists like Bruce Babbitt and Janet Napoliltano, long before the Cali invasion began?  AZ has been purple for decades.  Any state with large hispanic and native American populations is going to go blue from time to time.  Some people don't think demographics be like it is but it do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how adults think.  This is how people think who want to win.  If she should win, and a better candidate comes along to primary her in the future, I'll be the first in line to donate.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top