Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sentionaut:

All staff casualties?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1245xx:

My son lives in that county. His friend has 2 kids at this school. He said 4 dead, 2 were life flighted out, one to grady, 30 injured. All staff. Got this info at 1130 while i was in prep room getting a colonoscopy.  I have not read previous posts.  Im post op.

All staff casualties?

What’s “all staff” mean?

As in teachers were victims? Wonder if adult non-student domestic/lovers/etc?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By fssf158:

In 24 hours?  I doubt it.  I believe these shooters typically plan, brood, and fantasize for months before the deed.
View Quote
Yup.

It would be nice if they simply shot themselves instead. Killing innocent people is a pussy move.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

All staff? How is that even possible?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

That's a shitload more injured than initially reported.

My son lives in that county. His friend has 2 kids at this school. He said 4 dead, 2 were life flighted out, one to grady, 30 injured. All staff. Got this info at 1130 while i was in prep room getting a colonoscopy.  I have not read previous posts.  Im post op.

Don't know. Friend's kids are safe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Fucking horrible. Hang these fuckers from their genitals on the light pole in front of the school after a speedy 10 minute trial.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Might have been overloading the cell tower. I was watching someone streaming from there earlier and they were having connection issues.
View Quote

Or telling them to get off the phone and pay attention to the directions they are being given by staff on site
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By plinker2000:
They have liter box in walton county girls restrooms as one identifies as a cat. My daughter about smacked the shit out of her cause she was hissing at her in class
View Quote

I have heard this repeated about pretty much every school within 40 miles of my home. In every case it was patently false. Now I'm not saying you're wrong or that there isn't some absolutely stupid stuff happening in some schools these days but some verification would be prudent. If there truly is litter boxes in a school all it would take is a couple kids to either fill it with water or dump it all over repeatedly. Problem solved.

Back on topic: Sending out prayers for all impacted and their families.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mech4matsnova:

~60 days to election

Just sayin...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]

All staff casualties?
View All Quotes

All staff casualties?

Yes. Texted me as i was getting prepped.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

if true,that would lead one to believe that its more likely a disgruntled staff that was doing the shooting, no?
View Quote

Seems possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moon-Watcher] [#11]
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:

I'd almost place money on inflated numbers from CNN

* they hype the initial reports and never worry about reporting accuracy later because their audience will never hear it .
View Quote

CNN is pretty spot in with their extensive resources. But the moment the situation is no longer "breaking," and they take a breath, they go straight libtard. Their producers are burning up the phone lines getting their anti-gun talking heads lined up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. The only time there are that many staff together in the same location is for faculty meetings etc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

I agree with you in principle. That's barbaric.

But ICU is right in that these school shooters seek notoriety, fame and damage. They  very rarely are seeking personal pain. They often off themselves.

if the next school shooter thought they might be taken and killed hideously, over time,, they might rethink it a bit.

and while torture is not generally a good idea; if it would prevent the future deaths of innocent children, I could tolerate it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Originally Posted By Alex_F:
Originally Posted By ICU:
Skin the shooter alive on prime time TV for all to see…

I don't particularly want to watch this guy skinned alive.  Just put a .22 behind his ear and toss him in a grave.

ffs this place

I agree with you in principle. That's barbaric.

But ICU is right in that these school shooters seek notoriety, fame and damage. They  very rarely are seeking personal pain. They often off themselves.

if the next school shooter thought they might be taken and killed hideously, over time,, they might rethink it a bit.

and while torture is not generally a good idea; if it would prevent the future deaths of innocent children, I could tolerate it.

Against the constitution, and that isn't something I want the government to be practicing. It'll be used on others down the road if the door gets opened.

Just execute them promptly without waiting 15 years and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

If confirmed then I'd suspect he/she was after staff and ignored the students. If it ends up being true.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
They have liter box in walton county girls restrooms as one identifies as a cat. My daughter about smacked the shit out of her cause she was hissing at her in class
View Quote

I would've took her out for ice cream and a movie afterwards for doing so if it were my daughter.  Shit needs to end!

I can't imagine what those poor families are and will be going thru.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Maybe it wasn't random and they targeted a staff meeting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#17]

In general, most of the injuries from incidents are things like scrapes, sprains and bruises from people tripping and falling, as they try to get to safety.

There’s no mention of 30 gunshot victims.
View Quote

Yep.  Same way they said 500+ injuries in the vegas shooting.  They like to report big numbers for readers with smooth brains.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

Yeah that doesn't make any sense. The only time there are that many staff together in the same location is for faculty meetings etc.
View All Quotes

Yep, and that generally doesn’t happen during school hours, as it would leave all the kids unsupervised.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#19]

I don't particularly want to watch this guy skinned alive.  Just put a .22 behind his ear and toss him in a grave.

ffs this place

View All Quotes

ffs this place

I will donate the bullet.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Doubt staff meetings are during class room hours, they know better than to leave all the kids unattended.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
Suspect neutralized does not sound like “a suspect is in custody” unless you consider a body, as the object in custody.
View Quote

Source?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
The news headline doesn't ID the shooter, but said "FBI is on the scene"  Must be there to make sure Trump did it.

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoBrau] [#23]

Yep, and that generally doesn’t happen during school hours, as it would leave all the kids unsupervised.
View All Quotes

My wife's school has the main faculty meeting after school hours and then a makeup meeting the following morning for anybody who missed it, but I don't think the makeup meetings are usually that well attended.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Which isn't too common during normal school hours.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

As in no kids shot?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
If true, targeting just staff would be pretty easy to do.

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#27]

ffs this place

View All Quotes

ffs this place

I think Alex-F's point is that the consequences need to be severe, excruciating, and public to dissuade future shooters who are, for the most part, prepared to die at the hands of authorities or by their own hand in a quick and essentially painless manner.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apierce918] [#28]
People commenting on Twitter threads are saying 4 dead 30 injured is wrong and it’s 2 dead, 4 injured

Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By macros73:

The conspiracy nuts should at least wait until the bodies are cold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macros73:
Originally Posted By salsa:
Originally Posted By FLshooter84:
Weird, Kelly Osborne was just saying she's moving to the UK because of all the school shooting. I haven't heard of one in a while, then this happens.

Honestly seems to be perfect timing. Right before a debate and an election. I am sure the feds know  nothing about it

The conspiracy nuts should at least wait until the bodies are cold.

I guarantee the other side is not waiting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:15:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#30]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

If confirmed then I'd suspect he/she was after staff and ignored the students. If it ends up being true.
View All Quotes

Even IF someone had a vendetta specifically against the staff/teachers, and had no interest in harming the students
1) as mentioned, the only times the staff would all be together to easily target en masse, would be during a faculty meeting, which isn’t generally scheduled during school hours, as it would result in a LOT of kids being left unsupervised for the duration

2) if the perp when around deliberately looking for and specifically targeting staff, they wouldn’t be able to get to 30 of them in that timeframe, after doors start getting locked when the shooting starts

3) as already mentioned, there are no claims of 30 gunshot victims. 30 injuries; the overwhelming majority of the time, are from cuts and scrapes, sprains and bruises, while people run to safety. For all 30 of those to only be staff, is also statistically unlikely

4) someone else posted info about where victims were sent. Definitely supports the ‘scrapes and bruises, treated on site’, statistic. This also tends to mean if it wasn’t some nutjob shooting up a faculty meeting, that it’s HIGHLY unlikely that the ONLY people who got scrapes, sprains and bruises, were all staff members.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#31]
CNN is reporting the person in custody is "suspect, who is of student age, is In custody"..............but who knows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Doubt staff meetings are during class room hours, they know better than to leave all the kids unattended.
View All Quotes

IEP meetings often are, and those can have a dozen staff members in one classroom.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Kumala needed talking points now she's has them funny how that happened.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I think there may be more staff there then you guys think.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#35]

All staff casualties?
View All Quotes

All staff casualties?

I read it as "All staff got this info at 11:30"

Double space= phone adds a period.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

IEP meetings often are, and those can have a dozen staff members in one classroom.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naamah:

IEP meetings are usually about 5-7 people: an administrator, a teacher, a counselor, sometimes a school psychologist, a parent or two, and the student.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:18:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dlshady] [#37]
Apparently the GBI just confirmed 4 dead and 9 hospitalized.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By MongoCaver:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146958/Schools_jpg-3313119.JPG
View Quote

Lol. "Principal's administrative staff" are the secretaries. If a school goes from 2 to 4, that's an increase of 100%.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

I have heard this repeated about pretty much every school within 40 miles of my home. In every case it was patently false. Now I'm not saying you're wrong or that there isn't some absolutely stupid stuff happening in some schools these days but some verification would be prudent. If there truly is litter boxes in a school all it would take is a couple kids to either fill it with water or dump it all over repeatedly. Problem solved.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

Don't know about the litter boxes, but my son has a girl that barks at him in the hallway every day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

You can easily find 5-6 staff members in the office area of any middle or high school around here
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

Just got word she’s okay, hiding in a closet thank god.
View Quote

Glad to hear about your friend.

I hope the death toll is not many more than one
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Looking at Fox now.  Four dead. Nine to hospital. Shooter in custody.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#43]
LIVE

Apalachee High School large police presence after reports of gunfire | Live coverage
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Dangit, they are saying asahat is alive.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Even IF someone had a vendetta specifically against the staff/teachers, and had no interest in harming the students
1) as mentioned, the only times the staff would all be together to easily target en masse, would be during a faculty meeting, which isn’t generally scheduled during school hours, as it would result in a LOT of kids being left unsupervised for the duration

2) if the perp when around deliberately looking for and specifically targeting staff, they wouldn’t be able to get to 30 of them in that timeframe, after doors start getting locked when the shooting starts

3) as already mentioned, there are no claims of 30 gunshot victims. 30 injuries; the overwhelming majority of the time, are from cuts and scrapes, sprains and bruises, while people run to safety. For all 30 of those to only be staff, is also statistically unlikely

4) someone else posted info about where victims were sent. Definitely supports the ‘scrapes and bruises, treated on site’, statistic. This also tends to mean if it wasn’t some nutjob shooting up a faculty meeting, that it’s HIGHLY unlikely that the ONLY people who got scrapes, sprains and bruises, were all staff members.
View All Quotes

Staff does not necessarily mean teachers. Could be cafeteria staff. If that is the case, could be gang violence/vibrant...
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Lol. "Principal's administrative staff" are the secretaries. If a school goes from 2 to 4, that's an increase of 100%.
View All Quotes

Secretaries have largely been eliminated in the private sector. Yet plenty of them in government. Poor bastards can't be expected to dial their own phone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

You can easily find 5-6 staff members in the office area of any middle or high school around here
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Ready for a conspiracy theory, or too soon?
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#49]
That dumb cunt KJP is giving a press brief talking about needing background checks and magazine bans.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#50]
White House press conference already preaching the gun control message
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top