Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
A co-worker of mine had a cardiac event combined with near kidney failure a month ago and still hasn't been released t return to work . 26, gym rat, former 11 Bravo, healthy as a horse until the day he collapsed. His docs blame it on the energy drinks (four per day was typical), but I suspect he may have been juicing as well. The energy drinks are bad enough, but be extra careful if you're introducing any other enhancements into your diet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google "John Higgins energy drinks"

He's a cardiologist at the medical school I went to. He does a ton of research in to them.

tl;dr: they're bad for you.
View Quote
Livings bad for you. Enjoy life, enjoy what you like and live it to the fullest
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure they aren't great for your health, but what they're even worse for is your teeth.  I was told by my childhood dentist I would never get a cavity as long as I brushed my teeth every day because I won the genetic 'strong teeth' lottery.  I now have 6 or 7 fillings and energy drinks are a big part of why.  My dentist told me I'd be doing myself a favor if I swished with Mt. Dew after drinking an energy drink.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I quit the energy drinks a couple of years ago. Now I just take Jet Alert from Walmart
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who needs energy drinks when keto will keep you energized?  Between my bulletproof coffee in the morning and marijuana cigarette in the evening all my ailments have been cured.
View Quote
Sounds like you need to try cross fit next
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 3:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love the Monster energy drink in the white can. I treat myself once a week.
View Quote
*SIIIIIP*
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A co-worker of mine had a cardiac event combined with near kidney failure a month ago and still hasn't been released t return to work . 26, gym rat, former 11 Bravo, healthy as a horse until the day he collapsed. His docs blame it on the energy drinks (four per day was typical), but I suspect he may have been juicing as well. The energy drinks are bad enough, but be extra careful if you're introducing any other enhancements into your diet.
View Quote
I'm sure in people with genetic predispositions towards heart issues, or with minor issues that would otherwise not be a problem for years, that energy drinks (as well as juicing) rapidly make them apparent, vs old age and regular wear and tear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#8]
All of the anecdotal “I know a guy who...” evidence being provided in this thread shows that if 1) you have a heart condition and 2) you consume 4 to 10 times the daily recommended amount of caffeine, you will die. As a one-a-day consumer of sugar-free energy drinks, I’m now comfortable in continuing this habit.

Oh, and my local grocer regularly has them on sale for $1. Hell of a lot cheaper than going to Starbucks even twice a week. And less ghey.

Thank you, Arfdocs!!

ETA: Mayo Clinic says max daily caffeine intake for most healthy people should not exceed 400mg. I consume 240mg and 0g sugar. Feeling pretty satisfied with my habit. Just don’t ask me about my alcohol consumption.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Please keep drinking Monster, NOS, and Full Throttle.  You help pay my bills.  

Oh, and we have some new flavors coming out!

Monster Gronk, Rowdy, Rehab Pink Lemonade, and Full Throttle Orange are now discontinued as well....just FYI
View Quote
@ATC Where the fuck did this one go?

Gronks meathead ass can is still around but this one is gone? Rehab pink was pretty good too.

The Ultra Zero flavors would seem like a good fit for the on premise business. Do they have any legs there? Im sure most of the volume is from the C channel, but on premise can drive that as well
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fitaid, Kill Cliff,  strong coffee.  You don't need monster or red bull.
View Quote
This, drink cold brewed coffee black while fasting
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@ATC Where the fuck did this one go?

https://pikfly.com/images/products/50/13903.jpg

Gronks meathead ass can is still around but this one is gone? Rehab pink was pretty good too.

The Ultra Zero flavors would seem like a good fit for the on premise business. Do they have any legs there? Im sure most of the volume is from the C channel, but on premise can drive that as well
View Quote
@StarCityShooter

Sorry, but I never check that little envelope in the upper corner of my screen

I remember Ultra Citron.  It's been quite a few years since we've had it.
The only 'normal' Monster I can really stomach is the Zero Ultra (white can).  I don't mind the juices and punch flavors that have come out in the past couple years.  I like the Rehab flavors.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I really don't see why any person needs these, especially a younger person. An older one, for obvious reasons shouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I really don't see why any person needs these, especially a younger person. An older one, for obvious reasons shouldn't.
View Quote
Drinking coffee was probably one of the worst habits I picked up as a young man. Working construction as an 18-19 year old, waking up early after staying up late too often and someone hands you a warm drink on a cold morning and says "This will warm you up and wake you up" Great...miracle juice.

They didn't say that you get a tolerance to it rapidly, and then eventually just start drinking the stuff all day long to stay around a baseline.

The energy drinks are the same, they just taste better, it's a terrible habit to pick up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#15]
The only thing I drink is a sugar free energy drink. I don't drink them often because I like sleep. I usually get up at 4:30 and only will have one if I have an exceptionally late night.

I only do the monster Ultras and Bang. More the Bang though

Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit. I don't doubt someone has done that though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't you know this is the healthiest energy drink out there?

Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Got some new stuff coming.  NOS power punch sounds tasty!:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top