Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Very sad story on all possible levels. 0 winners.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#2]
At most manslaughter, but most likely two weeks paid vacation then early retirement for PTSD from shooting.

But there can always be more to this than reported story doesn't have alot of info.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Trigger happy idiot.

Just stop shooting dogs ffs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Don’t shoot me bro.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At most manslaughter, but most likely two weeks paid vacation then early retirement for PTSD from shooting.

But there can always be more to this than reported story doesn't have alot of info.
View Quote
Waiting for further details that the girl had drugs in her system and was oding so GD can claim it was her fault for putting herself in the situation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Dead Eye Dumbass at your service, M'Lady.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
What would happen to any non-LEO who sprayed and prayed at a dog rushing toward them and killed a woman in the process?

Pretty sure we all know.

I’m a huge LEO supporter, but badges shouldn’t grant extra rights — yet they sure do.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Sad story.

And one of the few we read of shots fired hitting an unintended target.  Watching police videos it is amazing to me how rarely this happens.  Training is certainly warranted to avoid it, but still, many shootings involve thru and thru shots and others where one might think something bad might happen on the other side but doesn't.

For that matter, I always wonder about structural damage and especially electrical shorts and whatnot caused by bullets entering walls behind the target.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh, we're going to get the officer's body cam video later today.  I'm betting it's a good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Meh, we're going to get the officer's body cam video later today.  I'm betting it's a good shoot.
View Quote
If the footage shows the woman is a 6’5” transgender MMA fighter screaming “Kill him, Cujo!!!”

You might be right.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
13-15 years ago someone near here called 911 for a harmless snake in the birdhouse...cop shot at it...missed the birdhouse and hit a 5yo fishing with his grandpa on a nearby pond.
Hit that kid square in the forehead
https://www.foxnews.com/story/oklahoma-police-kill-5-year-old-boy-while-shooting-at-snake
If Joe Plumber did that he would be in prison, as with the Arlington shooting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#12]
"It’s unclear if the officer will face any charges."

Get used to it. He was called so everyting is A-Ok. No justification required. The dog pointed at him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Might be on the dog part.  Not so much on the woman.   or is she just collateral damage in your view?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Waiting for further details that the girl had drugs in her system and was oding so GD can claim it was her fault for putting herself in the situation.
View Quote
Unresponsive homeless chick laying on the ground. What do you think?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Worth hangin' twice I suppose.  
View Quote
anything worth hanging once, is worth hanging twice
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/c6/c5/58c6c5ed4789f8470c699ba7ef783d87.jpg

We bred these.   The males could be 185 lbs.  I watched one rip the head off a pit bull once.

We had 13 of them.  All of them fiercely protective and smart as hell.  They have a double coat, and will turn away all but the best knife attack.

And if you killed the first one, the other 12 would be MIGHTY PISSED.    Frankly I’m not sure a guy with an assault rifle would win if you started out at 50 yards.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have.

We bred these.   The males could be 185 lbs.  I watched one rip the head off a pit bull once.

We had 13 of them.  All of them fiercely protective and smart as hell.  They have a double coat, and will turn away all but the best knife attack.

And if you killed the first one, the other 12 would be MIGHTY PISSED.    Frankly I’m not sure a guy with an assault rifle would win if you started out at 50 yards.

Quoted:
Know your target and what's behind it.

That's messed up.

So the cop actuly thought a dog would kill him.

I've never met a dog that I thought could kill me before i killed it with my hands or a Knife.
Mess me up, yeah sure.

Not a cop basher by any means but that's messed up.

They must be hiring g a bunch of pussies up there.
Badass dog and all, but I'm sure the cop wasn't getting attacked by THAT dog.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Uuuhhh, I don't know. Dog went up against LEO and survived.

The dog was possibly grazed and taken to the Arlington animal shelter to be checked out, police said.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Is it SOP today if an Officer sees a dog to start pulling a trigger?  Jesus fuck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dang yesterday I was anti cop now I'm a bootlicker.

More info like was she directly in the line of fire or was he shooting away from her and it was a great one in a million ricochet. Was the dog really being aggressive or just barking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
responsibility for the projectiles that exit your firearm exists for LEOs, no?
View Quote
Dat QI tho
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Unresponsive homeless chick laying on the ground. What do you think?

TIA
View Quote
If that’s a foregone conclusion then, in before someone blames her for getting herself shot!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]
That's going to be expensive...
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#23]

I guess we need to make this the new police uniform, seeing as cops seem to have an irrational fear of dogs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Stop shooting dogs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More than likely, no charges.
View Quote
No on loves you more than me, brother. But I vehemently disagree. (Unless you were being facetious, then Mea culpa).
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have.

View Quote
50 yards with my assault rifle and 13 dogs like this?  I would down all these dogs permanently, finish my cup of coffee and still have to walk 48 yards to clean up the mess.

Oh and everything behind them would have holes in it too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cop should face murder charges, right?
View Quote
Nope. Manslaughter possibly.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Bad situation for sure.  I don’t think anyone will be happy with the outcome.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
50 yards with my assault rifle and 13 dogs like this?  I would down all these dogs permanently, finish my cup of coffee and still have to walk 48 yards to clean up the mess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have.

LOL.

I have been in a fight with a bear {revolver} and killed many stock chasing dogs over the years on the ranch here.  And shot a berserk range cow that charged me.

I took your post as a joke, and in that it's funny.  If meant to be serious, well....
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

More than likely, no charges.
View Quote
Actually you'd most likely be prosecuted, in Texas you're responsible for where your misses hit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Another public relations win for the boys in blue!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL her fucking name was Margarita Brooks

I don't think you could get more white trash
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]
That is terrible.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#36]
from article .... "It's unclear if the officer will face any charges."

hahahahaha okay  ... I bet I can answer this right now, no nothing will happen to the cop.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#37]
At least he went home safe
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#39]
It'll be interesting to see the video of this. I wouldn't be a police officer. Too much stress, don't like jails, and for shit pay! Something needs to change!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Only the police and military should have guns.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#41]
She should have put the dog down when she saw the officer. She had to know the dog was going to be shot.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I would like to see a pic of the dog.I was a lineman for 40yrs,around dogs a lot but never had to hurt one.Some people should not have guns and that goes double if you're a pussy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Poodle Popped Her
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Probably fired out on opioids and it was her dog (loose, off leash).

Unfortunate for the officer but I am not sure how society loses anything with this.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]
All because carrying around a few rounds of CCI birdshot for a service weapon is too difficult.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, I get it, a dog can mess you up real bad. Kill a physically abled adult? No.

My point was know what's behind what you intend to shoot/kill.

Was a woman's life worth a couple bites from a dog? No.

Like I said, I'm not a cop basher. They do a tremendous job.

However,  I've probably been approached by more dogs than I can remember being a lineman for 34 years.

Most dogs will run off if you bark louder than they do.

After many dog encounters over 34 years of going in backyards and being surprised,  only once have I been bitten.
Little scrawny mut dog , not even knee high. Blindsided me from a corner, didn't know he was coming.
View Quote
Why should anybody, with a right to be there, have to put up with ANY injury from an out of control animal at all?

Fucking dog has no right to attack anybody for any fucking reason in public period.

Who fucking cares if it's "kill or not".  .22 won't kill you most of the time, but I don't see you prancing around behind the targets at an active rimfire range.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
She probably got up while the officer was distracted by the dog and ran in front of the dog. Will probably find out the truth later.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top