Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The emperor protects.  Stay strong, Astartes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Very leftists type of response.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just don't see how it could actually work in theoryI think it was the foundation for society and without it would be a much different world

But I just don't believe it

You can be a good and moral person without believing in God.

ETA:  Religion can be corrupted and used as a justification for horrific crimes like ISIS.

To them those crimes make them a good and moral person.

I wonder where your basis for good and moral comes from?

How did we ever survive as a species before religion came along if what we now call "morality" isn't somewhat instinctual?

How do lions survive by killing and driving off the weaker?

What's morality to a lion?

Uh... we aren't lions, dude.

You're right. We are just some other species of animal according to some. The o Ly species who just happens to "develop" morality contrary to animalistic survival and evolution.

You probably shouldn't try to make a point using such a limited knowledge base.

Very leftists type of response.

K.  Or you could say it's a universal rule of debate.

If they say "guns are bad" but their only data comes from anti-gun propaganda, they are as well prepared as you seemingly are for this discussion.

Comparing humans and their ancestors to lions is a faulty premise so the discussion has failed from the start.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Could God make a rock so big but he couldn’t lift it?
View Quote

I can make a kidney stone so big I can't pass it. Fact.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OP, You are spot on.  Actually reading the Bible with a deep desire to analyze and understand will turn you into an atheist quicker than anything. The vast majority of Christians have never actually read the Bible cover to cover and/or they don’t have the intellect to critically analyze what they are reading.
View Quote

Than why is it every time I ask so-called serious atheists to produce the goods and honestly discuss it the best I can ever get are childish throw-mud-at the fan replies with "here's a link to a site with ten bajillion contradictions, lolz you benighted retard, haz fun" and they can't even be bothered to pick one - not even when practically begged to pick the one they think is hardest - and discuss it?

My personal experience with atheists is almost universal rank cowardice about things they say are easy and obvious to discern combined with "drink this bottle of antifreeze and drop dead you vile scumbag" level hatred.  40+ years and I've met ... one ... honest atheist who wasn't a jerk and who would interact.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We are on a crash course with revelations.

Prophecies coming true left and right.  

Israel becoming a nation.

Jews returning.

A desert wasteland blossoming with the return.

Red heifers reappearing.

That's just stuff related to Israel.

How far off are we from needing a "mark" on the forehead or wrist in order to buy or sell?  Two years ago that would've been almost unheard of.  Now there's talk of injecting a chip as a vaccine passport which we will need to go into businesses.  Do you think most people will now accept that?  Absolutely they will.

View Quote

People have been saying that shit since around 33AD.

That's the thing about Revelations, you can make just about any moment in history fit the "prophecy"... almost like it was by design.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Some religions teach there is a loving God where the God of the old testament was a vengeful God.  The idea of "that's life" backs the vengeful God.

The loving God is portrayed as knowing you before you were born, knows every hair on your head, and had Jesus rebuke those who were preventing children from coming to him.  We see comments here of people saying they will pray for the person, as if a kind loving God will help out.  The OP explained how he never felt he received any help ever.  The difference again highlights vengeful vs is loving.  

If children are so sacred and special then why would a loving God allow children with cancer?  Hey child you are special and loved, here is cancer now suffer a miserable very short life and die.  Adults will claim their struggles is just God testing their faith as way to explain it.  A child can't comprehend that, so why are they inflicted with misery and death?  Some will argue it is to test the parents faith.  Meaning the loving God allows a child suffer and die...even though Jesus said that was one of the worst things ever.  

I don't have any answers, just lots of questions that can't be answered.  From my experiences what I see is we still have a vengeful God.  Feel free to watch the Cancer Awareness video and then explain how a loving God would allow that much misery, suffering, and death in children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kGueJKC8S8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People die. Young. Old. In the middle. Sometimes of sickness. Sometimes for no reason. Sometimes due to other's choices. That's life.

Some religions teach there is a loving God where the God of the old testament was a vengeful God.  The idea of "that's life" backs the vengeful God.

The loving God is portrayed as knowing you before you were born, knows every hair on your head, and had Jesus rebuke those who were preventing children from coming to him.  We see comments here of people saying they will pray for the person, as if a kind loving God will help out.  The OP explained how he never felt he received any help ever.  The difference again highlights vengeful vs is loving.  

If children are so sacred and special then why would a loving God allow children with cancer?  Hey child you are special and loved, here is cancer now suffer a miserable very short life and die.  Adults will claim their struggles is just God testing their faith as way to explain it.  A child can't comprehend that, so why are they inflicted with misery and death?  Some will argue it is to test the parents faith.  Meaning the loving God allows a child suffer and die...even though Jesus said that was one of the worst things ever.  

I don't have any answers, just lots of questions that can't be answered.  From my experiences what I see is we still have a vengeful God.  Feel free to watch the Cancer Awareness video and then explain how a loving God would allow that much misery, suffering, and death in children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kGueJKC8S8

Cancer is horrible and awful but the rest of the post...where did God say anything about children being extra sacred or Jesus saying children suffering was the worst things ever? I mean I would say those things specifically but where are you getting that from?

The world is broken. And in the brokenness is death and suffering of all kinds.

The Bible nowhere teaches that any will have ease and perfect health while they’re here. Nowhere. That’s the fiction of churches that haven’t the slightest what the Bible teaches.

Quoted:
Quoted:
strange to see so many people dedicated to fighting something they insist does not exist
strange to see many killed for not believing in that something they don't think exists.

Aye and file that under things that aren’t biblical too at least as far as the New Testament is concerned. Find one place where it says we should judge or meddle with unbelievers let alone kill them or even heretics. It’s not there. When supposed Christian people do not follow the Bible what are they following? Their own lusts. And what stains they’ve left upon true believers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nothing has been responsible for pain, suffering and death more than religion.
View Quote
wrong

it is man
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

... and if the significance of the crucifixion eludes you, you have no hope of understanding the Eucharist. But, I promised myself I'd be good in this thread and not attack my "fundamentalist" brethren's similar... incomplete understanding. But, you are inadvertently touching on the heart of the entirety of Christian theology, even as you try to be dismissive about it.

View Quote

But why?

@macchina, I'm probably less well-versed than you on actual biblical texts, but I'd be happy to chat privately if you like. There's a lot of perspective I've gained from outside strict christianity as taught that helps give a lot more perspective.

Also, I will say, I grew up where questions were encouraged, so the entire "don't question dogma or teachings" depends on the church. Most will teach "faith" and don't want to admit that someone is smarter than them, or their seminary studies were cursory and not actually devoted to truly creative and open inquiries. I've had in depth discussions of the oral/unwritten rabbinical teachings with Chabad rabbis for perspective.

I urge you to open your inquiries with members here. I would like you saved. I understand the family thing is fucking with you especially on the 4th. Know we're here for you regardless.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I get it that you and a lot of the other people are trying to be kind, but he told you what the problem is:  the actual words in the book that is the foundation of your faith.  If he reads it more, they still remain.

I ran into the same thing in my early twenties.  It started with the realization that for most of my life, I'd being praying and never "hearing" anything back.  Never feeling the "presence" of God.  So I read the bible.  A lot.  And I found many of the same inconsistencies.  It especially bothered me how different the God of the old Testament is, compared to Jesus.

I'm not an atheist, but I do not believe what the Bible says about the creator of the universe is true.  It is words, written by men, and men are frequently full of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What denomination where you?

It sounds like you had other issues with
your Church overall.

I'll pray for you and your family to find the path
again.

I get it that you and a lot of the other people are trying to be kind, but he told you what the problem is:  the actual words in the book that is the foundation of your faith.  If he reads it more, they still remain.

I ran into the same thing in my early twenties.  It started with the realization that for most of my life, I'd being praying and never "hearing" anything back.  Never feeling the "presence" of God.  So I read the bible.  A lot.  And I found many of the same inconsistencies.  It especially bothered me how different the God of the old Testament is, compared to Jesus.

I'm not an atheist, but I do not believe what the Bible says about the creator of the universe is true.  It is words, written by men, and men are frequently full of shit.

But did you ever believe in Christ?

To my knowledge there’s no promise of feeling His presence. There’s certainly nothing say we will get what we pray for. Those who were in His presence were often filled with terror so what were you seeking?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
We are supposed to look at Jesus as our example, not Christians. The point of the Bible is Jesus. Before, during and after . OT, Gospels, the rest of the NT. What other book, could have that many prophecies that came true if it wasn't an inspired book? I don't think there is a person on the planet that understands all of it, BUT there isn't one person who can't learn the basic message.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
ETA: this is a troll thread.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cancer is horrible and awful but the rest of the post...where did God say anything about children being extra sacred or Jesus saying children suffering was the worst things ever? I mean I would say those things specifically but where are you getting that from?

The world is broken. And in the brokenness is death and suffering of all kinds.

The Bible nowhere teaches that any will have ease and perfect health while they're here. Nowhere. That's the fiction of churches that haven't the slightest what the Bible teaches.

Aye and file that under things that aren't biblical too at least as far as the New Testament is concerned. Find one place where it says we should judge or meddle with unbelievers let alone kill them or even heretics. It's not there. When supposed Christian people do not follow the Bible what are they following? Their own lusts. And what stains they've left upon true believers.
View Quote
Fair enough. So you wouldn't consider 9/11, Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, and The Crusades to be perpetrated by religious people? That's not a rhetorical question.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Red heifers reappearing.

View Quote

There have always been red heifers.  

Female herefords are popular and have been for centuries.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If that is your take, I think you need to do more reading / praying.
View Quote

That was kinda my thinking.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can make a kidney stone so big I can't pass it. Fact.
View Quote

It's not christian, but here's some Sufi wisdom:

This too shall pass
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
wrong

it is man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong

it is man

I agree. Religion is only a set of ideas and beliefs that only humans can hold.  Any positive or negative actions as a result of the system are ultimately just human activity.

IMO though survival against mother nature over the eons wins out over human ideas behind religion. Nearly all living things have lost the battle to nature eventually. It's a long race.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#17]
the Creator made man

then man created religion

man cannot be trusted

trust in the Creator his truth is within you

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/cool_story_bro-23.jpg

God left me in 2001 when he took my father at the age of 53. That's when I lost faith, fuck religion.
View Quote

My dad died in 1999 at the age of 54.

That set me off on my path to find a saving relationship with Jesus.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And how does one evaluate if something is still a relevant rule or command, or if it is just the way God chose to revealed himself to those people at that time?
View Quote

Has any further revelation contradicted it or circumscribed narrower contextual application?

Alternatively, does the text refer to a culturally symbolic act of reinforcing a principle (e.g. women keeping their hair covered in church in 1 Corinthians) which exists in a different form today (e.g. something more like keeping your wedding ring on to avoid scandal)?  Sometimes customs come and go, while the underlying principle remains the same.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#20]
good op, you've overcome the opiate of the masses and have joined the limited membership of those who know reality is greater than ones tribe.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
the Creator made man

then man created religion

man cannot be trusted

trust in the Creator his truth is within you

View Quote

The Bible is tainted by man. Every civilization has had a god of sorts. Believe in a creator. Be a good human being to others and do not curse God. Religion was used as a form of control. Christianity as well. Sure, sects broke away from the Catholic Church and their control, but they still reference the same book that had its material hand picked and assembled by men. I can’t trust it. I can trust me. If I was created to serve, then I am coded with the knowledge of right and wrong. I have faith that if I live a just life, do not curse the creator, and am thankful for what I have, my soul will be just fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

People have been saying that shit since around 33AD.

That's the thing about Revelations, you can make just about any moment in history fit the "prophecy"... almost like it was by design.
View Quote

It is, to a degree.  It's archetypal in that way.  That doesn't mean it's only archetypal though.  For instance, a Mark if the Beast so pervasive that you're a societal outsider without it anywhere on Earth (can't buy/sell without it) is almost impossible without modern technology.  Only in a cashless globalist society would the black market not easily "win out."  Because of this we have a prescient warning of tyranny's final/ultimate form, which would not have fully made sense to the one originally writing it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Has any further revelation contradicted it or circumscribed narrower contextual application?

Alternatively, does the text refer to a culturally symbolic act of reinforcing a principle (e.g. women keeping their hair covered in church in 1 Corinthians) which exists in a different form today (e.g. something more like keeping your wedding ring on to avoid scandal)?  Sometimes customs come and go, while the underlying principle remains the same.
View Quote
Was the order of Moses to keep the virgin girls as spoils of war contradicted or explained only for use in special cases?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
God is real and I have felt His presence. I was in awe and I'll never forget it.

Even with all my faults, He has never abandoned me.

I have many health issues and at times its more than I can bear. Thats when God carries me.

A Message from the Heart of God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Was the order of Moses to keep the virgin girls as spoils of war contradicted or explained only for use in special cases?
View Quote

I mean, that was ordered in one circumstance, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea this was supposed to be a general practice.

Does it state somewhere that god said do this in all wars until I say otherwise? When there's a guy talking directly to god all the time, it does open up more opportunities for one time orders to happen all the time.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I have always wondered why Atheists think they are so smart. Atheists have never built incredible societies. The only nations on earth that are prosperous are Western Christian nations, atheists had their chance and they sucked at it. This is proof of the blessing of God.

The most money for a average "atheist" society for median household income is 10 grand, that is the best in human history and that is the current godless state of China. When the Soviets were godless, they also sucked. But in the West, where Christianity dominates, there is prosperity. This is evidence of God's blessing on his people. The only state that is remotely prosperous that is atheist, is the godless state of Japan, which was starving to death prior to a Christian nation bailing them out. We (a Christian nation) gave them food, technology, and economic reform. We gave them their prosperity.

Atheists can only prosper in Christian nations, look how they fair in Muslim nations, they produce nothing. This is more evidence of God's favor and evidence of which religion is correct. Look and see what people are the most blessed. The nations with the most scientific breakthrough are Christian nations, not hindu, muslim, or atheist states. This is an issue that our intelligent Atheists struggle with. Atheism is a failed concept, if everything was created via random chance, then there would be more equality amongst different religions as far as economic output. The entire Western society was based on the Bible, whether you like it or not. That is the secret to greater liberty, freedoms, and wealth.

Today our super smart atheist friends push on us fluid genders, remember gender was created by random chance, therefore it can be assigned wrongly. The folks who love science can't tell the difference between boys and girls, they say trust the science, but they are the ones who lack in reason.  Don't buy into the hype that atheists are as smart as they think. Logic and reason would say otherwise.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#28]
God is too busy fighting the machine ultimate intelligence in the future to help us with our problems right now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Op PM me and I will tell you about this wonderful thing called Grace. My church growing up missed the mark as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I mean, that was ordered in one circumstance, I'm not sure where you're getting the idea this was supposed to be a general practice.

Does it state somewhere that god said do this in all wars until I say otherwise? When there's a guy talking directly to god all the time, it does open up more opportunities for one time orders to happen all the time.
View Quote
Were the 10 Commandments issued multiple times or one time? Also, would you be OK with US soldiers taking virgins home from Afghanistan or Iraq?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

People follow their consciences and those who never heard the truth will be judged for violating their consciences.

Humans can be "decent people" without the truth but what they can't do and never will be able to do is have *any* way to coherently and logically answer "but how do you know that's right or wrong?"

People just follow their consciences utterly ignoring this reality and are happily bluepilled.

Without a rational answer for "how do you know that's wrong" it's impossible to condemn the gas chambers at the death camps, the holodomor, or even say that there is such a thing in this world as evil.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have always wondered why Atheists think they are so smart. Atheists have never built incredible societies. The only nations on earth that are prosperous are Western Christian nations, atheists had their chance and they sucked at it. This is proof of the blessing of God.

The most money for a average "atheist" society for median household income is 10 grand, that is the best in human history and that is the current godless state of China. When the Soviets were godless, they also sucked. But in the West, where Christianity dominates, there is prosperity. This is evidence of God's blessing on his people. The only state that is remotely prosperous that is atheist, is the godless state of Japan, which was starving to death prior to a Christian nation bailing them out. We (a Christian nation) gave them food, technology, and economic reform. We gave them their prosperity.

Atheists can only prosper in Christian nations, look how they fair in Muslim nations, they produce nothing. This is more evidence of God's favor and evidence of which religion is correct. Look and see what people are the most blessed. The nations with the most scientific breakthrough are Christian nations, not hindu, muslim, or atheist states. This is an issue that our intelligent Atheists struggle with. Atheism is a failed concept, if everything was created via random chance, then there would be more equality amongst different religions as far as economic output. The entire Western society was based on the Bible, whether you like it or not. That is the secret to greater liberty, freedoms, and wealth.

Today our super smart atheist friends push on us fluid genders, remember gender was created by random chance, therefore it can be assigned wrongly. The folks who love science can't tell the difference between boys and girls, they say trust the science, but they are the ones who lack in reason.  Don't buy into the hype that atheists are as smart as they think. Logic and reason would say otherwise.
View Quote

Your skydaddy, if he existed, did this shitty thing, made this person's life suck, and made this injustice. There is strict liability for skydaddy and no possibility at ALL of constrained powers, otherwise he's not skydaddy. Don't give me mumbojumo about "prince of this world" and all that, that's bullshit.

If my life didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, or if a bad thing happened, skydaddy is to blame and that makes skydaddy either evil so I won't worship him or nonexistent. And why pray to an evil god.

Checkmate christcucks. Skydaddy is a lie.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Like Santa clause religion is bullshit to make you feel good
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Than why is it every time I ask so-called serious atheists to produce the goods and honestly discuss it the best I can ever get are childish throw-mud-at the fan replies with "here's a link to a site with ten bajillion contradictions, lolz you benighted retard, haz fun" and they can't even be bothered to pick one - not even when practically begged to pick the one they think is hardest - and discuss it?

My personal experience with atheists is almost universal rank cowardice about things they say are easy and obvious to discern combined with "drink this bottle of antifreeze and drop dead you vile scumbag" level hatred.  40+ years and I've met ... one ... honest atheist who wasn't a jerk and who would interact.
View Quote

I`m your huckleberry...
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Were the 10 Commandments issued multiple times or one time? Also, would you be OK with US soldiers taking virgins home from Afghanistan or Iraq?
View Quote

What conditions would you change your mind on this? Oh, you're asking in bad faith, and just trying to play games?

Go **** off, because I don't answer to you or to your precious legalisms. Jesus whipped the shit out of guys playing games with god who professed to believe him, and he'll do worse to people attempting to lead astray who lack even the courage to make real arguments. Pharisees at least got well compensated for it, Dawkins is getting railed by the American Humanists for not fully embracing the anti-white anti-christian anti-civilization line they want him to. Millstones and exile and stonings await. Civilization may decline and leave me with a lot less, but there are some improvements I look forward to.

Not that I mind or even condemn those who want a real dialogue. Just those who speak with contempt and close their mind to truth.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If that is your take, I think you need to do more reading / praying.
View Quote

Absolutely! More importantly you want God to listen when you never accepted salvation in the first place? It's like expecting the light to go on without a light bulb.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People follow their consciences and those who never heard the truth will be judged for violating their consciences.

Humans can be "decent people" without the truth but what they can't do and never will be able to do is have *any* way to coherently and logically answer "but how do you know that's right or wrong?"

People just follow their consciences utterly ignoring this reality and are happily bluepilled.

Without a rational answer for "how do you know that's wrong" it's impossible to condemn the gas chambers at the death camps, the holodomor, or even say that there is such a thing in this world as evil.

Ok ...

And?

If someone asks you how you know something is wrong and you *can't* give an answer that's coherent ... than your belief is not founded on anything. It's just there, floating on nothing, waiting the slightest touch to blow it to shreds.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
wrong

it is man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
wrong

it is man

I agree, Man created Religion in his image.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I`m your huckleberry...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I`m your huckleberry...

And? Is there something you're genuinely interested in or do you just want to pick a fight so you can have a fight?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What conditions would you change your mind on this? Oh, you're asking in bad faith, and just trying to play games?

Go **** off, because I don't answer to you or to your precious legalisms. Jesus whipped the shit out of guys playing games with god who professed to believe him, and he'll do worse to people attempting to lead astray who lack even the courage to make real arguments. Pharisees at least got well compensated for it, Dawkins is getting railed by the American Humanists for not fully embracing the anti-white anti-christian anti-civilization line they want him to. Millstones and exile and stonings await. Civilization may decline and leave me with a lot less, but there are some improvements I look forward to.

Not that I mind or even condemn those who want a real dialogue. Just those who speak with contempt and close their mind to truth.
View Quote
Moses gives the 10 Commandments. Everybody would agree they are good.
Moses gives the order to take virgins home after war. Everybody would agree this isn't good.

How are you making the judgement to accept some of Moses's teachings and ignore the others?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And? Is there something you're genuinely interested in or do you just want to pick a fight so you can have a fight?
View Quote

The question is not whether if he wants to fight, that's good and natural in men.

The question is if he is willing to actually change his mind. If not, he just made a new belief system- an atheist belief system that can't be disproved.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Like Santa clause religion is bullshit to make you feel good
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Your skydaddy, if he existed, did this * thing, made this person's life suck, and made this injustice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your skydaddy, if he existed, did this * thing, made this person's life suck, and made this injustice.

Why should anyone believe this?

Are you capable of answering - clearly - ? Or do you just enjoy causing suffering and this is just a game for you make people hurt because you enjoy causing pain? If you're going to say that you don't and this isn't a game for you, than why did you act *exactly* like that's your goal?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Moses gives the 10 Commandments. Everybody would agree they are good.
Moses gives the order to take virgins home after war. Everybody would agree this isn't good.

How are you making the judgement to accept some of Moses's teachings and ignore the others?
View Quote

The 10 commandments were how to live your life. These applied, and in fact, needed future orientation, and were not directly applicable at that very moment.

Remembering the sabbath day or not murdering or bearing false witness against neighbor simply couldn't happen literally right then on that very day, unless you were literally knife in hand about to stab someone in the heart, or mid-stroke in your neighbor's wife.

Conversely, the order to save the virgins and take home is something to be done right then, e.g. don't stick your dick in them, and take them home, murder the others. Right. Now.

Seems fairly easy to understand.

If I tell you to run out of the house while a fire alarm is going off at 11pm, then immediately after tell you eating after 11pm leads to bad sleep, it's pretty obvious one is a single-time thing because of circumstances, the other is a custom or practice to be practiced ad infinitum. If you actually wanted to read with understanding, instead of 'gotcha!' bad faith, this is simple stuff. A 5 year old understands, and when they don't they're spanked and told to stop lying.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Are you capable of answering - clearly - ? Or do you just enjoy causing suffering and this is just a game for you make people hurt because you enjoy causing pain? If you're going to say that you don't and this isn't a game for you, than why did you act *exactly* like that's your goal?
View Quote

Dude... I'm presenting the butthurt atheist argument stripped of petty intellectualism.

I don't believe that. If the memes are any indication...
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The question is not whether if he wants to fight, that's good and natural in men.

The question is if he is willing to actually change his mind. If not, he just made a new belief system- an atheist belief system that can't be disproved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about letting him speak for himself.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dude... I'm presenting the butthurt atheist argument stripped of petty intellectualism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you did a good job, because you made it seem like you believed it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you "believe" in your computer? do you have "faith" that it will work? Logic, reason, and cognitive ability built the modern world, not religion.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The 10 commandments were how to live your life. These applied, and in fact, needed future orientation, and were not directly applicable at that very moment.

Remembering the sabbath day or not murdering or bearing false witness against neighbor simply couldn't happen literally right then on that very day, unless you were literally knife in hand about to stab someone in the heart, or mid-stroke in your neighbor's wife.

Conversely, the order to save the virgins and take home is something to be done right then, e.g. don't stick your dick in them, and take them home, murder the others. Right. Now.

Seems fairly easy to understand.

If I tell you to run out of the house while a fire alarm is going off at 11pm, then immediately after tell you eating after 11pm leads to bad sleep, it's pretty obvious one is a single-time thing because of circumstances, the other is a custom or practice to be practiced ad infinitum. If you actually wanted to read with understanding, instead of 'gotcha!' bad faith, this is simple stuff. A 5 year old understands, and when they don't they're spanked and told to stop lying.
View Quote
You are talking about if there are two seemingly conflicting orders and which one takes precedence. I did not say Exodus 20 and Numbers 31:18 were conflicting. Are you OK with Moses giving the order to take virgins girls home as war spoils?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, you did a good job, because you made it seem like you believed it.
View Quote

I do my damndest to know the strongest "arguments" the other guys make, and will voice them in the most scurrilous terms not because I take the lord's name in vain, but because I want them to know their slander has no effect on my belief, I can recite their words and logic and yet it means as little to me as cowrie shells as currency do.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top