Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
*cracks knuckles*.

Kaltxi!
Oh boy where do we start, so Ive already seen it 4 times and a 5th might happen Thursday with more to follow.  To me its an 11/10 personally and only feels like its 1.5hrs long but in reality is over 3.  The movie has the best effects probably till 2024(A3 release, unless the ISV is late) and is really what I would describe as woke action, imagine peta but with actual balls and no remorse, and in my opinion has more action than both of the last 2 avengers films combined and doesn’t mess around with getting it started. Theres a dip in action near 1-1:30 that could be a bathroom break but outside of that i wouldnt leave the theater.

Now if anyone knows about Klingons, theres actually an avatar version of that, which I participate in currently.  Since release of the trailer we’ve grown from 8k members to over 43K and climbing.  Im working on the learning the language for fun and building a “cosplay” outfit that might include actual 3A+ or 4A plates based off a new unit in the film. Ive also been looking at getting an Robinson Armament XCR and doing a few mods to represent a Recom M-69 from the new movie to complete the outfit.

When I say participate I really mean this is what I normally wear around.
https://www.magicalearscollectibles.com/assets/images/file_a964c163860053.jpg
plus this jacket.
https://www.yourwdwstore.net/assets/images/7/70000/9000/000/79032.jpg

Now onto the quotes!

Personally Id recommend it(Im biased), theres decent action to make up for the eco message which isnt necessarily as heavy as number 1 and boy is the gore decent in this film.  Truthfully the larger meaning of the film is family and all other woke messaging is second to that message.

My only spoiler is its not just white people this time.. Honestly I can see where the group is coming from but they should have really protested the first one as Id say its 2-3 times worse in that regard.  A bit of a spoiler but the white guys dont loose this time round, just retreat and regroup.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

View Quote

So....   you run around wearing 4 extra ears?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Dear Santa, send a time machine
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Do NOT watch Avatar: The Way of Water," Begay wrote on Twitter on Sunday. "Join Natives & other Indigenous groups around the world in boycotting this horrible & racist film."

Begay also said that Indigenous "cultures were appropriated in a harmful manner" to satisfy a white man's "savior complex."

https://www.newsweek.com/avatar-faces-calls-boycott-over-accusations-racism-1768217
View Quote
I mean, she's kinda right about that part at least.

I'm pretty sure in this parable non-pussified non-liberals are the cockman oppressors, and Cameron sees himself as the white hero who comes in to save the brown people since they clearly can't do it themselves.

Same as it ever was, just like the concept of restricting cig/booze advertising to native americans: the idea is that they're not capable of making decisions, so well-intentioned white people need to step in and save them from themselves. It's incredibly offensive to me but whatever. My liberal professor in a marketing class got pisssssssed at me for saying it lol. Fuck him too, the racist shithead.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
GOOD
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Imagine writing the script thinking you are doing native cultures a favor and teaching a lesson in human nature, only to get a lesson in true human nature.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I hope this is a copypasta.

But if not, you need to get laid.

No matter what society has told you,
it's not alright to play make believe all the time.
It's not alright for a grown man to go out in public wearing shit from movies with ears on it.
View Quote

Well, if someone can earn enough value to support themselves, and doesn't victimize others, I think we shouldn't begrudge them the right to do whatever weird hobby gives them happiness...

Just look at all those who don't meet those two initial requirements - seems like they are the bigger problem.

Despite this, I don't know if the people who LARP like that should necessarily be called "grown men"
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

WOW...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Saw it last week. Meh, it was an interesting OK movie. Not near as good as the first though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's some people's sole purpose in life to be perpetually offended.  I'm immune to it any longer.  Sucks for them.
View Quote

I think it’s funny, James Cameron is a total leftist anyways
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, if someone can earn enough value to support themselves, and doesn't victimize others, I think we shouldn't begrudge them the right to do whatever weird hobby gives them happiness...

Just look at all those who don't meet those two initial requirements - seems like they are the bigger problem.

Despite this, I don't know if the people who LARP like that should necessarily be called "grown men"
View Quote

Really? What's the message or lesson(s) being conveyed? If the motivational film that underpins your make-believe fantasy implies "white people=bad" or "hate-all-things-Western culture" or other cliche progressive tripe, is that a good thing in your view? Do you concur with Cameron that testosterone is a "toxin"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I mean, she's kinda right about that part at least.

I'm pretty sure in this parable non-pussified non-liberals are the cockman oppressors, and Cameron sees himself as the white hero who comes in to save the brown people since they clearly can't do it themselves.

Same as it ever was, just like the concept of restricting cig/booze advertising to native americans: the idea is that they're not capable of making decisions, so well-intentioned white people need to step in and save them from themselves. It's incredibly offensive to me but whatever. My liberal professor in a marketing class got pisssssssed at me for saying it lol. Fuck him too, the racist shithead.

View Quote

White Saviour Complex is alive and well in Hollywood.

Fuck James Cameron. Last film of his that I enjoyed was Terminator 2.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
The blue people are portrayed as the good guys and they won in the first movie. Don’t they win again in the sequel? Not sure what’s the problem.

Can’t imagine how they’d respond if they watched Zulu (1964).
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dear Santa, send a time machine
View Quote

@Action45

The message given at my first stop back in time would eliminate the need for many, many other stops after that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
hmm probably need to see it then
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember a month ago how liberals were chastising conservatives over the fictional characters skin color in little mermaid? I remember...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree. Everyone should boycott this thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fact.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree. Everyone should boycott this thing.

Fact.

Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I saw it in the theater yesterday at The Alamo Drafthouse in Springfield. It was a group activity, I got dragged to.
2 Boulevard Space Camper IPA's helped. It was a LONG 3 hour movie. I went in without knowing if it was going to be a rewrite of the 1st one or actually part 2. I hated the 1st one. This was part 2. It was just as bad.

Overall themes of the Movie? White Man is Bad. Save the Whales. "Blue Face" came to mind right at the start of the movie.

There is lots of action and even some gore.

John Wick meets Last of the Mohicans came to mind. It has a Titanic feel towards the end.
There was even a scene was stolen out of Moby Dick.

I took a bathroom break in the middle of the movie, plus dozed off for about a 1/2 hour. I didn't miss anything. There is no plot to it.

This guy is spot on.
Avatar 2 Sucks! - Avatar 2 Review
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top