BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wasn’t he in a bad race car accident several years ago?
View Quote
His RKBA friendly costar Jason Priestly
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad news.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
RIP Luke Perry great actor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn shame. Gone too soon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a shame. Makes me realize how lucky I was last year to have only a mini-stroke at 53.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
He was a pretty good actor when given the right role. Not sure anyone else could have played Lane Frost like Luke did.

RIP
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Too bad.  Seems like a good guy, the fact that his ex-wife was his bedside when died (according to the news reports) speaks well of him.

Sounds like tonight will be a "Fifth Element" movie night!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These things come in three's right?  Who else is in the queue?
View Quote
King Kong Bundy
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Just heard this yesterday.  Bummer.  He looked a lot older on 90210 than he really was.  Much like:

Quoted:
He wasn't especially rough looking, it's just that people (Hollywood especially) try to look younger than they really are.

Alan Hale was only 42 when he played "The Skipper" on Gilligan's Island.

https://i.imgur.com/EBxdZ9p.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a rough looking 52, only a couple of years older than me.
He wasn't especially rough looking, it's just that people (Hollywood especially) try to look younger than they really are.

Alan Hale was only 42 when he played "The Skipper" on Gilligan's Island.

https://i.imgur.com/EBxdZ9p.jpg
Wow, he was only 42???   That is insane!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
RIP, He gave no fucks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I thank that was taken right before Steve crashed his corvette drinking and driving

Link Posted: 3/5/2019 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#12]
They all could have been Navy SEALS with all that hair gel and sideburns.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Back when 90210 was on, they did a 'very special' episode about gun control. I think Brian Austin Greene's little choad friend accidentally kills himself screwing around with a gun trying to look cool. Anyway, all sorts of shows were interviewing the cast members, talking about how 'important' gun control was.

Luke Perry was on MTV with some VJ/reporter, not sure who it was, maybe Tabitha Soren but I'm not sure. Maybe that dick Kurt Loder. Anyway, the VJ was droning on and on about keeping guns out of kid's hands, how they were so DANGEROUS.

Perry says casually, "Guns aren't dangerous."

VJ shakes her head with uninformed liberal conviction (some things always stay the same). "No, they're DANGEROUS!!! They could JUST GO OFF AT ANYTIME."

Luke Perry reaches under his shirt, takes out a 9mm Sig, and places it on the coffee table in front of him.  "This gun," he says, "could sit here from now until the end of time, and it won't go off unless someone picks it up and pulls the trigger."

Fucking DJ damn near had a stroke. They went to a commercial and when they came back Perry was gone.

Back about fifteen years ago, I got to pull Sporting Clays at one of the celebrity Mandrell shooting events. I was squadding with Marty Kove and Charles Napier, but I got to throw some clay for Luke Perry and a few others in his squad. Nice guy. Feel bad for his family, he seemed like a pretty cool dude.
View Quote
Please tell me there is video of this in circulation????
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you told me he had an aneurysm, I'd be like, well damn, that's sad. You show me a skinny guy with the financial means to take care of himself who looks like he's been drinking out of toilet who is dead at 52 from a stroke and I'm looking for a contributing factor.

I mean even Amy Winehouse has finally been drug and alcohol free for like 7+ years now.
View Quote
You can say that, but it does happen.

My wife had a perimeisencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage in her mid 30's.  No, and I mean no, drug use other than some occasional social drinking.

I must have answered the question "how much cocaine did she use" at least 20 times that night.  No one believed me until her bloodwork came back, and then they were all "damn, she really didn't do any cocaine".
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#18]
$20 says undiagnosed Factor V Leiden.

Way too young. And with 2 kids. And he was engaged. Short end of the stick, for sure. RIP.

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My wife had a perimeisencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage in her mid 30's.  No, and I mean no, drug use other than some occasional social drinking.

I must have answered the question "how much cocaine did she use" at least 20 times that night.  No one believed me until her bloodwork came back, and then they were all "damn, she really didn't do any cocaine".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you told me he had an aneurysm, I'd be like, well damn, that's sad. You show me a skinny guy with the financial means to take care of himself who looks like he's been drinking out of toilet who is dead at 52 from a stroke and I'm looking for a contributing factor.

I mean even Amy Winehouse has finally been drug and alcohol free for like 7+ years now.

How's she doing?

I might have a cerebral aneurysm forming but it's too small to tell yet. Even with a 3T MRA the neurologist said if it is one it's the smallest one he's ever seen. So I'm monitoring it.

Not a day goes by that I don't wonder if it's gonna pop. Been a weird 3-4 months.

Never done drugs. Rarely drink. No smoking but I did grow up with my parents who were chain smoking.

Sometimes people just get them. I will say I had been taking Ginko Biloba for a year up until my scan. I stopped taking that just in case.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Way too young. And with 2 kids. And he was engaged. Short end of the stick, for sure. RIP.

View Quote
I found out I have this a few years ago. Only the single mutation fortunately. Have had many surgeries and lots of deep cuts in my life and it's never given me any problems.

My sister almost died from a blood clot after falling and cutting her knee when she was around 13. A blood clot was on her way up towards her heart. They didn't test her for it then but years later during her pregnancy they tested for it and sure enough she has it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How's she doing?

I might have a cerebral aneurysm forming but it's too small to tell yet. Even with a 3T MRA the neurologist said if it is one it's the smallest one he's ever seen. So I'm monitoring it.

Not a day goes by that I don't wonder if it's gonna pop. Been a weird 3-4 months.

Never done drugs. Rarely drink. No smoking but I did grow up with my parents who were chain smoking.

Sometimes people just get them. I will say I had been taking Ginko Biloba for a year up until my scan. I stopped taking that just in case.
View Quote
@rustler

Thankfully she is doing well, but at the time of the event the outcome was far from certain.  I remember something like a 60%-70% mortality rate within 48 hours for patients presenting with what she had suffered.

Fortunately, she recognized something was going on before losing consciousness, and I had her at a stroke certified hospital within about 12 minutes.

She was in neuro ICU for 14 days, and largely incoherent for roughly half of that.  That experience was very sobering, as many, if not a majority, of patients from that ward were being wheeled out feet first under a sheet.

We are 9 years on at this point, and according to her docs, she is at not greater risk than the general population for a recurrence.  She has very, very minimal deficits at this point.  I don't think her short-term memory is what it was, but if you met her for the first time today, you wouldn't notice.

I would say it was roughly two full years before her motor skills, coordination and balance were close to pre-event levels.

Best guess, with some emerging research to support this, is that her's might have been associated with her suffering from psoriasis for her entire life.  At a base level, psoriasis is an inflammatory condition, and some docs doing research think that might be a causal factor.  Otherwise, she had no markers for this type of event.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He has some new private eye action show he's on. Seems to have made a full recovery judging by the previews.
View Quote
I did not realize he was Billy in Tombstone.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@rustler

Thankfully she is doing well, but at the time of the event the outcome was far from certain.  I remember something like a 60%-70% mortality rate within 48 hours for patients presenting with what she had suffered.

Fortunately, she recognized something was going on before losing consciousness, and I had her at a stroke certified hospital within about 12 minutes.

She was in neuro ICU for 14 days, and largely incoherent for roughly half of that.  That experience was very sobering, as many, if not a majority, of patients from that ward were being wheeled out feet first under a sheet.

We are 9 years on at this point, and according to her docs, she is at not greater risk than the general population for a recurrence.  She has very, very minimal deficits at this point.  I don't think her short-term memory is what it was, but if you met her for the first time today, you wouldn't notice.

I would say it was roughly two full years before her motor skills, coordination and balance were close to pre-event levels.

Best guess, with some emerging research to support this, is that her's might have been associated with her suffering from psoriasis for her entire life.  At a base level, psoriasis is an inflammatory condition, and some docs doing research think that might be a causal factor.  Otherwise, she had no markers for this type of event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's she doing?

@rustler

Thanks for that.  She's extremely blessed!  Really happy to hear she's just fine.  Yeah they say that the recurrence of those are basically a non-issue so that's great.

I've actually had flare ups of psoriasis myself.

Trying to be more careful about inflammation and it seems to help.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
A few pages back, I mentioned a friend, age 32, very healthy, trim/fit, didn't eat crap, ran everyday, massive stoke.  What I did not mention in my previous post some family history or genetics turned up, guessing it was what you posted, interesting.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thanks for that.  She's extremely blessed!  Really happy to hear she's just fine.  Yeah they say that the recurrence of those are basically a non-issue so that's great.

View Quote
@rustler

Interesting that you are deal with psoriasis as well.  My wife also has had lifelong asthma, and also psoriatic arthritis, both of which, again are related to inflammation.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will get the information from her on the studies/docs working on establishing a link between those conditions and stroke.

After the stroke, my wife has been on either Enbrel, or Humira and also has a somewhat restrictive "anti-inflammatory" diet that she sometimes follows.  It might be worth a conversation with your neuro doc about treating inflammation once you have reviewed the information.

My most ardent advice when dealing with your condition would be to educate yourself, and be your own advocate in dealing with docs.  I found through dealing with my wife's condition that many, if not most, seem to be "color by numbers" types.  You are looking for the one that will look at your own case, analyze what data you have, and plot a course of action from there.  Do not be afraid to question those men/women.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
52?!  That is truly too young for a stroke. Wasn't he in a bad racing accident in the 90's? Related maybe?
View Quote
You would think that's too young but it's not. I had my first stoke at 32 then one at 38 and another at 48. The first two would have been considered TIA had I been smart enough to report them to medical staff. Alll due to a hole between the upper chambers of my heart. The last one caused blindness in my left eye. I was fortunate and recovered full sight in the eye and have since got the hole in my heart repaired.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:24:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@rustler

Interesting that you are deal with psoriasis as well.  My wife also has had lifelong asthma, and also psoriatic arthritis, both of which, again are related to inflammation.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will get the information from her on the studies/docs working on establishing a link between those conditions and stroke.

After the stroke, my wife has been on either Enbrel, or Humira and also has a somewhat restrictive "anti-inflammatory" diet that she sometimes follows.  It might be worth a conversation with your neuro doc about treating inflammation once you have reviewed the information.

My most ardent advice when dealing with your condition would be to educate yourself, and be your own advocate in dealing with docs.  I found through dealing with my wife's condition that many, if not most, seem to be "color by numbers" types.  You are looking for the one that will look at your own case, analyze what data you have, and plot a course of action from there.  Do not be afraid to question those men/women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@rustler

That is interesting.  I had asthma when I was a child but haven't had problems with it since I was around 7 or 8.

Yeah feel free to PM me that info.  I love learning about this stuff.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it’s more than opioids dragging down the mortality rate
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess this means that the tv series "Badge of Justice" will get cancelled.  Or maybe they'll hire Clayne Crawford to take over the part.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I found out I have this a few years ago. Only the single mutation fortunately. Have had many surgeries and lots of deep cuts in my life and it's never given me any problems.

My sister almost died from a blood clot after falling and cutting her knee when she was around 13. A blood clot was on her way up towards her heart. They didn't test her for it then but years later during her pregnancy they tested for it and sure enough she has it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just learned  (last week) I have  a single mutation of Factor 5 and Lupus Anticoagulant. I had a Pulmonary Embolism at the end of October last year. So yeah, new chapter in my life.  Daily Baby aspirin, magnesium, exercise, compression socks on long flights, have to stop every hour on long drives.

Luke Perry was a year younger than me. It's a little freaky.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top