Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 319
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

I think they use drone countermeasures that don't allow their own drone use.
View Quote

That makes sense, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
I don’t see how SS cleared Trump to go out on the stage with an area that was unprotected.

I’d think Sniper #1 would have known he couldn’t see what was behind the peaks of those buildings. The building behind the shooters building looks even taller than the shooters so even harder to cover from sniper #1’s location.

Even if swat was bitching about heat they should have been forced to do their job for the time Trump spoke.
View Quote

According to bongino there may have been very few actual USSS people there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
sniper 1 assumed local LE team was in place on the roof not jerking it in the ac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Riply21:
I don't see how SS cleared Trump to go out on the stage with an area that was unprotected.

I'd think Sniper #1 would have known he couldn't see what was behind the peaks of those buildings. The building behind the shooters building looks even taller than the shooters so even harder to cover from sniper #1's location.

Even if swat was bitching about heat they should have been forced to do their job for the time Trump spoke.

sniper 1 assumed local LE team was in place on the roof not jerking it in the ac

I would think visual confirmation would be required before Trump could take the stage.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's definitely true that it was the B team (or C team) on duty.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

All the indications I'm seeing are emblematic of a lack of resources and poor execution (which also may be due to lack of resources). My question mark is whether the protection plan itself was deficient, or if the plan had deficiencies and was poorly executed due to manpower issues.

The White House and USSS is saying they had sufficient resources. So, they are either lying or the plan was deficient and poorly executed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#6]

I would think visual confirmation would be required before Trump could take the stage.
View Quote

You would think.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:
They need to check the local LE's and USSS voter registration at this point .
View Quote

And history of political donations and activities, and social media, starting with DU and similar.

I do not believe for ONE SECOND that the would-be assassin didn't have a long history of posting "Trump is Hitler" shit online.  Of course he did.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#8]

I don't think we'll ever really know.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jasonm4:
So did the whole security team(USSS and local) really fail that hard, which allowed a unsecured area for the shooter? Case closed?

Or are we thinking there was help within?

I'm perplexed and hate to say it, starting to think of the latter.

I heard that Dr. Biden required additional USSS, so they re-assigned some for her detail
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
I heard that Dr. Biden required additional USSS, so they re-assigned some for her detail
View Quote

Hmm.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I had some dude in highschool I hung out with would fight cops all the time.  HIS DAD WAS dea top cop so so he got away with a hole bunch of crap in ffx county va The cop were mad as fuck that there hands were tied and beat  the fuck out of him at a park near my house witch he escaped . He moved back to NY  and turned into a junkie.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]

You would think.
View All Quotes

You would think.

Go to an amusement park and the high school kids understand they all have to give the gtg signal before sending a ride.

True amateur hour SS detail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Judging by the high school videos, he's effeminate and awkward as hell.

Dad may very well be a Trump guy, but shooter is a bit of a poofter.

Based on classmate interviews and the videos, this kid wasn't a social butterfly.  There's no fucking way he didn't have an online presence.

Five minutes on his Discord and Reddit accounts will tell us everything, and that shit is never going to see the light of day.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RainierV:

All the indications I'm seeing are emblematic of a lack of resources and poor execution (which also may be due to lack of resources). My question mark is whether the protection plan itself was deficient, or if the plan had deficiencies and was poorly executed due to manpower issues.

The White House and USSS is saying they had sufficient resources. So, they are either lying or the plan was deficient and poorly executed.
View Quote
I'm firmly in the "they are lying about having enough resources" column.

Also, I would throw in "breakdown in communications in planning and on the site before and during the event."
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't get why the shooter didn't dress to look
more like the cops.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
I'm firmly in the "they are lying about having enough resources" column.

Also, I would throw in "breakdown in communications in planning and on the site before and during the event."
View Quote

I'll put that in the most likely category.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

STOP!

You already had me before this!

QUIT TRYING TO SELL IT TO ME MORE!

Globalists are evil people and they need to be stopped and removed from all power and influence.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Sounds like a remain in place order was given. Why else wouldn't they have went outside to check who this dude was and why he was doing what he was doing. That can be the only explanation. I see a dude with a rangefinder....within rifle distance of the former President, I'm not just taking a photo. I am making contact.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rheinmetall792] [#20]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

Based on classmate interviews and the videos, this kid wasn't a social butterfly.  There's no fucking way he didn't have an online presence.

Five minutes on his Discord and Reddit accounts will tell us everything, and that shit is never going to see the light of day.
View Quote

Don't worry, the same people who told us Hunter biden's laptop was harmless, said it was ok for Hillary to delete 33K emails after subpoena, and illegally spied on candidate Trump and colluded in the anti-Trump Russia Hoax (for starters) are on the case....
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

Explain how I'm a plant please. I'll wait.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
Originally Posted By StretchMaK:
Originally Posted By Castrolr1:
Originally Posted By BRS1912:
Originally Posted By 50cal:
All the "inside job" are kind of laughable. For a job with the far reaching implications that this would have had and the powers that be pick a goof ball and have him use a red dot instead of a scope with some magnification.
Yeah, top tier talent on that job.

Is it though? Inside job can mean many things. How do you explain that horrible SS stuff? Presidents get 100 percent SS attention. Period. To leave that up to chance or babies that couldn't stand the heat...yeah no. Something smells.

It was not an inside job. Stop.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that... BUT

This is either the most incompetent security detail in decades.. OR

somebody turned a blind eye to something something..

It's already known that he was noticed and ignored

I just keep asking, would that guy have gotten that close to biden with a gun?  I say no freaking way he would have.

And yet here we are. It. Was. Not. An. Inside. Job. For fucks sake people.

Anyone listening to this plant is an idiot.

I don't answer to you.

And you know it.

Doesn't it piss you the fuck off?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#22]
View Quote

This is the same X account that posted a ton of false information at the beginning of this claiming a dude with the last name of Violets was in custody as the shooter.  Violets ended up being some Italian national and they used a clip from a video he made over a year ago claiming it was a manifesto.

Anything they post is, at best, extremely suspect.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#23]

No. Lets just say I'm more familiar with this shit than I want to be. Once the dust settles, I'll post my piece.
View Quote

Enlightening us would be fer easier than continuous, repetitive posts, just sayin...
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:
I don't get why the shooter didn't dress to look
more like the cops.
View Quote

This.

If he was wearing all black and a vest with "police" on it I'm sure he wouldnt have set off alarm bells until he opened fire.

It isn't intelligent to get on a metal roof in shorts either. I bet the steel was north of 100 degrees
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
One thing I haven't seen verified is what time he had initial contact with security personnel at the event entrance. It was reported that he was initially identified as person of interest/suspicious person/something like that. What time was that? Where was that?

I’m starting to think that the roof was simply a position of opportunity after scoping out other parts of the perimeter. Just so happened that his best position of opportunity was the #1 spot that should have been covered but wasn’t.
View Quote

@Captain_Morgan

Reminds me of this.  Only Trump turning his head at the last fraction of a second saved him.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:41:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By QUACK32:
I had some dude in highschool I hung out with would fight cops all the time.  HIS DAD WAS dea top cop so so he got away with a hole bunch of crap in ffx county va The cop were mad as fuck that there hands were tied and beat  the fuck out of him at a park near my house witch he escaped . He moved back to NY  and turned into a junkie.
View Quote

What was his favorite color of dirt?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RainierV] [#27]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jasonm4:
So did the whole security team(USSS and local) really fail that hard, which allowed a unsecured area for the shooter? Case closed?

Or are we thinking there was help within?

I'm perplexed and hate to say it, starting to think of the latter.

Yes, that has been reported several places. Apparently, she had an event in the Pittsburgh area around the same time that further stretched resources (part of why I think the Whitehouse is lying about there having been sufficient resources).
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Booray:

Do they record when they are switched from one party to another?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Booray:
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:
They need to check the local LE's and USSS voter registration at this point .

Do they record when they are switched from one party to another?

They should
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:

View Quote

Concur...any way that the wayback machine could be used to dig anything up?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

Enlightening us would be fer easier than continuous, repetitive posts, just sayin...
View Quote

Just ignore him.

"I know stuff but I won't tell you" is a classic post by people that want to boost their social clout.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:45:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BRS1912] [#31]
View Quote

Thats the biggest question to me. There are a metric ton of needed to happen events that just don't add up to me. Way to many for a Presidential detail. Way to many.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#32]

I don't answer to you.

And you know it.

View All Quotes
All the "inside job" are kind of laughable. For a job with the far reaching implications that this would have had and the powers that be pick a goof ball and have him use a red dot instead of a scope with some magnification.

Is it though? Inside job can mean many things. How do you explain that horrible SS stuff? Presidents get 100 percent SS attention. Period. To leave that up to chance or babies that couldn't stand the heat...yeah no. Something smells.

I just keep asking, would that guy have gotten that close to biden with a gun?  I say no freaking way he would have.

I don't answer to you.

And you know it.

You made the claim that I'm a plant. I asked for an explanation. You refused because you know you can't back up your claims. Perhaps you should reconsider your arguments and base them in reality? Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Concur...any way that the wayback machine could be used to dig anything up?
View Quote

The Feds have had his phone for a while now and what they want scrubbed is already scrubbed off the net
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#34]

@Norsk

DPMS15 is the model I saw in a report. Nothing on the sights or the optic, or if it even had an optic.

the doppleganger was at a twitter account called ... operating off of memory here... "jewgazing" or something like that.

The screamer at the college campus is as you said, unconfirmed.

We do not know if the shooter even used the ladder and we don't even know if he had to to gain access to the roof, there are multiple spots around the building that look like you could have had access to the roof from them.

The group of snipers over trump's right shoulder appear to have had sightline blocked by a tree.

The group of snipers over trump's left shoulder appear to have had sightline and MAYBE they were the ones that made the shot, one of them was seen pocketing a brass.

We think but have not confirmed that I have seen that there may have been snipers on a roof at ~480-500 yards away to trump's left just barely forwards quadrant.

Also, there was a watertower that SHOULD have had security assets on it.

https://i.postimg.cc/mkSjYYdD/watertower.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the help. This is all I'm basing the red dot claim on. It's hard to make out, maybe I'm imagining it, but there's definitely nothing big enough to be magnified there. I'm going with micro red dot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#35]
It'll be interesting if anyone that knew him on Discord comes forward.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Norsk:

Thanks for the help. This is all I'm basing the red dot claim on. It's hard to make out, maybe I'm imagining it, but there's definitely nothing big enough to be magnified there. I'm going with micro red dot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_224618_Gallery_jpg-3268102.JPG
View Quote

It looks like a red dot on the other pic also.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

I think that is correct. There is video of a countersniper team up on a roof that appears to be one of those grandstands.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Originally Posted By C-4:
Originally Posted By NwG:
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
You seem so certain he has no inside info. Given his reputation and background, I would wager he has more info then us.

Prince stating the shot was 488 yards indicates it was another sniper team that fired.  The one getting all the attention was maybe 150 yards away and blocked by the trees.

Lower left yellow line. I measured it around 450 yards.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84193/IMG_0931_jpeg-3267198.JPG

@NwG

So there was a 3rd team that actually shot the attempted assassin?

I think that is correct. There is video of a countersniper team up on a roof that appears to be one of those grandstands.

Thank you @Gamma762
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:50:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:

Just ignore him.

"I know stuff but I won't tell you" is a classic post by people that want to boost their social clout.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GrinningDag:

Just ignore him.

Nothing to do with clout. I'll post about it WHEN I can. Thats all.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:51:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#40]

@Norsk

DPMS15 is the model I saw in a report. Nothing on the sights or the optic, or if it even had an optic.

the doppleganger was at a twitter account called ... operating off of memory here... "jewgazing" or something like that.

We do not know if the shooter even used the ladder and we don't even know if he had to to gain access to the roof, there are multiple spots around the building that look like you could have had access to the roof from them.

The group of snipers over trump's right shoulder appear to have had sightline blocked by a tree.

The group of snipers over trump's left shoulder appear to have had sightline and MAYBE they were the ones that made the shot, one of them was seen pocketing a brass.

We think but have not confirmed that I have seen that there may have been snipers on a roof at ~480-500 yards away to trump's left just barely forwards quadrant.

View All Quotes
Brain dump for those catching up - others please correct any old info

-After shooter was on the roof and noticed by civilians a cop gained a foothold on the roof, but lost his balance and fell after the shooter pointed his rifle his way. Confirmed by police. This part is not on video

-Logically the rooftop slope kept the shooter out of the LOS of SS counter snipers until he crested the center of the roof, as all these buildings/structures appear to be about the same height.

-Rifle appears to be an AR, one news outlet reported it as an AR556, a Ruger. Not that it really matters.

-Optic appears to be somewith with an aimpoint micro-sized footprint. In all likelihood a non-magnified red dot.

-a doppelganger of the shooter posted content including a video saying "you got the wrong guy"

- There's video on a college campus of a lookalike of the shooter screaming "slash republican throats" when in the proximity of something like a campus Republicans table. We don't know if this was him

- Still no info on the ladder. Where it came from, video of it being placed, etc.

-Shooter was downed by a SS sniper at 488 yards according to Erik Prince

-Total elapsed time by my count from first shot report to final suppressed report from the SS was 16 seconds.

-Rifle belonged to shooters dad

@Norsk

Sniper Team #3 (not sure they are confirmed to exist) is the one reported as possibly making the shot from 488 yards.  Their proposed location, mapped in this thread several times, does not match up with the entrance wound above shooters left eye and exit, with fragmentation holes, out the base of his neck on his right side.  The entrance/exit matches Boonie Hat Team #2 who likely pivoted 180 and made the shot since Team #1s view was blocked by the tree.  Boonie Hat Sniper Team #2 was holding spent brass…
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/Screenshot_20240715_224618_Gallery_jpg-3268102.JPG

So, let's say it's a 4 MOA red dot. Shooter still got damn close to changing the course of history.

If it was even a 1-6X optic he probably could have made the shot.

We're damn lucky Trump is still with us, and it's absolutely unacceptable they left that rooftop wide open.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By brass:

Didn't Obama change rules of engagement for some federal officers?

I remember something like "If there's not a critical situation, do not create one" line of thinking, this is going way back to some of the usual complaint threads and I can't remember the exact wording but that was the gist of it and I don't even remember who all it applied to (you know how LEO complaint threads are accurate and specific around here...).

View Quote

I've never heard of that. He might have talked about it. But the model hasn't changed in a while as far as I know.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By memsu:

So, let's say it's a 4 MOA red dot. Shooter still got damn close to changing the course of history.

If it was even a 1-6X optic he probably could have made the shot.

We're damn lucky Trump is still with us, and it's absolutely unacceptable they left that rooftop wide open.
View Quote

They did more than that

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

here's the entire thread

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1813021945958449180.html

Stunning new details from @CBSNews on how secret service snipers noticed the shooter before the Trump rally in Butler, PA on Saturday.

There were three snipers stationed INSIDE the building the shooter was on, according to a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge.
One of the snipers inside saw Crooks outside looking up at the roof observing the building and then disappeared, according to local law enforcement.

Then Crooks came back, sat down and was looking on his phone and at that point one of the snipers took a picture of him.
Then Crooks took out a range finder and the sniper radio-ed to the command post.  Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.
Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.

By the time other officers came for backup he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building.
Two other officers who heard the sniper’s call came and tried to get onto the roof.

State police started rushing to the scene. But that time a secret service sniper had already killed Crooks, according to the law enforcement officer.
The officer said also Crooks had an IED in his pocket in addition to the explosive materials in his car.

Questions remain about HOW this was possible that several law enforcement officers had eyes on the shooter before and reported his behavior... yet this still happened.
View Quote

This must be that pic, which was out very early on.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#45]
For some retarded kid that allegedly didn’t know what he was doing, and was a terrible shot, bringing a rangefinder seems a bit interesting.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:
For some retarded kid that allegedly didn’t know what he was doing, and was a terrible shot, bringing a rangefinder seems a bit interesting.
View Quote

Apparently he went to the range with his dad a lot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Mr. Rate : The world ain't what it seems, is it, gunny?

Bob Lee Swagger : No, Sir.

Mr. Rate : You keep that in mind.

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Apparently he went to the range with his dad a lot.
View Quote

Read that his father was a hardcore democrat.

something doesnt math
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Gtdhw:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172459/faggot_png-3268108.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gtdhw:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

here's the entire thread

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1813021945958449180.html

Stunning new details from @CBSNews on how secret service snipers noticed the shooter before the Trump rally in Butler, PA on Saturday.

There were three snipers stationed INSIDE the building the shooter was on, according to a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge.
One of the snipers inside saw Crooks outside looking up at the roof observing the building and then disappeared, according to local law enforcement.

Then Crooks came back, sat down and was looking on his phone and at that point one of the snipers took a picture of him.
Then Crooks took out a range finder and the sniper radio-ed to the command post.  Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.
Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.

By the time other officers came for backup he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building.
Two other officers who heard the sniper’s call came and tried to get onto the roof.

State police started rushing to the scene. But that time a secret service sniper had already killed Crooks, according to the law enforcement officer.
The officer said also Crooks had an IED in his pocket in addition to the explosive materials in his car.

Questions remain about HOW this was possible that several law enforcement officers had eyes on the shooter before and reported his behavior... yet this still happened.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172459/faggot_png-3268108.JPG

That picture appears to be taken from an elevated position.  Wasn’t that building he was on top of only 1 story?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#50]

You made the claim that I'm a plant. I asked for an explanation. You refused because you know you can't back up your claims. Perhaps you should reconsider your arguments and base them in reality? Just a suggestion.
View All Quotes

I don't answer to you.

And you know it.

Again.  I don't answer to you.

And you know it.

Page / 319
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top