Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saker13] [#1]
If you have an X1C or P1S with an AMS, print the diseccant trays for the AMS.  And, print the desiccant spool holders for your filament.

Spool Holder

You will need some desiccant beads, get the orange ones from Amazon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Am i being too ambitious/unrealistic by wanting to be able to do that?
View Quote

No, just make sure you upgrade the extruder gears and nozzle with hardened ones.  Don't use the AMS, as the abrasive filament wears stuff out faster, and expect to replace bowden tube more often.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:28:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Okie dokie. I'll not use the AMS with it the fiber stuff.

Thanks for the input!
View Quote
The only filament I don't use in the AMS is TPU.  The tubes are cheap and easy to replace and the AMS helps keep the filament dry,
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 11:14:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]

aight.

ill take it all into consideration. i dont plan to print that straight away anyways. i need to learn the ropes first. thank you guys for your help.
View Quote

The big thing with TPU in the AMS is it jams. Like a Lorcin .25 full of pocket lint.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Saker13:
The only filament I don't use in the AMS is TPU.  The tubes are cheap and easy to replace and the AMS helps keep the filament dry,
View Quote

I think you are better off buying something cheap like a Sunlu S2 to print directly from.  Keep in mind that the Bowden tube in the AMS isn't the only thing contacting the filament.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Printing my first print, the Benchy, right now. Holy crap this thing is blazingly fast. Watching it is almost surreal coming from my Ender 3v2. It's like life is on fast forward before my eyes. I'm excited to really get going on this machine and I'm very pleased with the purchase.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
So I picked up an A1 mini and A1 on Microcenter last week.  Ho-Lee-Fook talk about the easiest damn setup ever.  No joke 10-15min for the mini and about 20-25 for the A1.  Print quality has been nothing short of amazing using the default profiles (I tweaked Flow Ratio up to 0.98) and played with the hot end settings during the print.  Have been flogging the piss out of these two machines to validate/vet them.  I might be trying to convince the wife that I should buy 2 or 3 more A1's to start the mini print farm up with.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:

I think you are better off buying something cheap like a Sunlu S2 to print directly from.  Keep in mind that the Bowden tube in the AMS isn't the only thing contacting the filament.
View Quote
I use a Sunlu S2 for TPU.  I got the 4 to 1 adapter the A1 series uses with the AMS Lite.  The S2 is in one of the inlets and the AMS is in another.  2 are still free.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6755/IMG_9299-3259340.jpg

Chairmanwon 19x.
View Quote

Material?

Looks neat, not sure how comfortable that’d be.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:53:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#16]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
i printed the desiccant holders last night. I have no 3d printer experience to compare it to but man I am impressed by the speed and precision of this thing.

the parts dont look rough at all either. im waiting on some other filaments to arrive so i only have the 1/4 rolls of white, green, and support pla that came with it. cant wait to see what this thing can do with some bigger projects.

its also neat that they include a maker project with it.
View Quote

What material did you use?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
i printed the desiccant holders last night. I have no 3d printer experience to compare it to but man I am impressed by the speed and precision of this thing.

the parts dont look rough at all either. im waiting on some other filaments to arrive so i only have the 1/4 rolls of white, green, and support pla that came with it. cant wait to see what this thing can do with some bigger projects.

its also neat that they include a maker project with it.

Desiccant holder on an A1 Mini, hard to see I know.  Print has a while to go but I have used it on my X1C with PETG recently.  Link that I have no affiliation with https://makerworld.com/en/models/159202?from=search#profileId-174753

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
And, a Milwaukee Packet case insert that will hold a M12 die grinder.  Printing in PETG on an X1C.  I paid ~$8 for this file:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:49:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#20]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]

For the desiccant holders? Just the small white pla sample that it came with. Should I reprint it with something else?

I havent made the makers project thing yet. It's just a lamp that came with mine. I've heard other people get different stuff.
View Quote
For PLA and probably PETG spools PLA is should fine for desiccant holders.  

I prefer to use PETG desiccant holders for PETG and PLA when drying, I live in the SE, humidity is a thing here.

For ABS, ASA, PC, etc, I dry without a desiccant spool holder, then use a PLA or PETG desiccant spool when I seal it in a bag or put it in the AMS.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Buddy bought a pair P1S units on sale with the AMS on each.

He has been printing out parts like crazy and ordered a silly amount of spares for each (hot ends, cutters, brushes...)

I will let folks dream of what he has printing right now.

Now I wish I had taken advantage of the sale as well. I would have just gotten the X1C and been done.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By norseman1:
Buddy bought a pair P1S units on sale with the AMS on each.

He has been printing out parts like crazy and ordered a silly amount of spares for each (hot ends, cutters, brushes...)

I will let folks dream of what he has printing right now.

Now I wish I had taken advantage of the sale as well. I would have just gotten the X1C and been done.
View Quote

There is always next time.

They go on sale regularly.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#25]
On the Bambu Facebook groups, people were saying skip the hub for multi AMS units and just use the 4 way splitter. I'm still waiting on the AMS, but have the splitter, and honestly not sure how it's supposed work. There's a lot of online stuff about modifying the splitter, and a lot of it seems to be aimed at the A1, not the P1S I have.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
On the Bambu Facebook groups, people were saying skip the hub for multi AMS units and just use the 4 way splitter. I'm still waiting on the AMS, but have the splitter, and honestly not sure how it's supposed work. There's a lot of online stuff about modifying the splitter, and a lot of it seems to be aimed at the A1, not the P1S I have.
View Quote

Basically you are using the stock buffer and placing the splitter before it allowing the multi AMS units feeding into it.

I'm using this persons bracket setup. Maybe the pics will shed some light on this.

https://makerworld.com/en/models/212566?from=search#profileId-232227
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By tnertb:

Basically you are using the stock buffer and placing the splitter before it allowing the multi AMS units feeding into it.

I'm using this persons bracket setup. Maybe the pics will shed some light on this.

https://makerworld.com/en/models/212566?from=search#profileId-232227
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#28]
No problem.  

Just a few more details to help.  There are two types of the splitters Bambu offers.

One that has connects on both sides

https://us.store.bambulab.com/products/bambu-4-in-1-ptfe-adapter?variant=41583819227272

and then the Lite version

https://us.store.bambulab.com/collections/spare-parts-for-a1-series/products/ams-lite-filament-hub

Both do the same job in the end. One just came out before the other so people have created various brackets and such to utilize them.

One other thing that you may need depending on how you configure where you are placing your extra AMS units is the longer 1500mm bus cable and/or the 4000mm longer PTFE tubing.

https://us.store.bambulab.com/collections/spare-parts-for-ams/products/bambu-bus-cable?variant=42520294490248

https://us.store.bambulab.com/collections/spare-parts-for-ams/products/ptfe-tubes

Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I got the first splitter you posted. I'm hoping I have room to stack the AMS units, but I'll need to print or make a stand first.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:24:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:41:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah, that's a thing with PETG.
I avoid using the default grid infill, where the nozzle has to cross the lines internally. That builds up boogers on the nozzle, which then causes the purge to go a little sideways or generally causes part quality problems.
I think the non-hardened nozzles suffer from this less, but I practically only use hardened nozzles.

Heat the nozzle to 240 or so and use a blue shop towel to clean it off.
If it's really bad, you might have to clean or replace the silicone sock. Do this with the nozzle cold, or have tough fingers. Take care not to tear the thermocouple wires, they're in this region and kind of fine.

I prefer to use PLA or ABS, but they all have their pros and cons. ASA is good, but the fumes give me a killer headache so I probably won't restock that once I've used it up.

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 1:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#33]
My AMS is on the top of my X1C, but I printed a riser and storage solution.  Along with a Unifi camera holder.  And my pic is rotated but you get the idea.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/118485/IMG_7707_jpeg-3225430.JPG
View Quote

@saker13 Can you post the file for the camera holder?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
My AMS is on the top of my X1C, but I printed a riser and storage solution.  Along with a Unifi camera holder.  And my pic is rotated but you get the idea.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/118485/IMG_7707_jpeg-3225430.JPG

@saker13

Also, the little drawer system your AMS is sitting on as that's awesome!
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Ordered my first printer yesterday, a P1P.  I have a ton to learn but have wanted a printer for a very long time.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Firestarter123:

@saker13

Also, the little drawer system your AMS is sitting on as that's awesome!
View Quote
The AMS holder with riser and drawers is the BaBo Duo system from Makerworld.  After playing around with the X1C for a week or so, I spent the next few days/nights printing it.  He has many different options available.  I have glue, spare hot ends, spare cutters, etc in trays in the drawers.

There is another version available with only one drawer on each level that can be a stand alone stack.  It doesn't have Duo in the name.

BaBo Duo on Makerworld
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
G4 Instant camera mount
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Any rumors or rumors of rumors on when Bambu will drop a large format variant?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:
Any rumors or rumors of rumors on when Bambu will drop a large format variant?
View Quote
Rumors are Q3.  But I got that from Reddit and most there are slightly deranged .
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Rumors are Q3.  But I got that from Reddit and most there are slightly deranged .
View Quote

My body is ready.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Printing PETG on my Bambu P1S and QIDI X-Plus3 is driving me crazy. Both printers are having this issue. Printing single objects or a couple on the build plate I don't really have issues. It's when I print multiple objects using the entire build plate this issue shows up.

I'm using Bambu PETG and their profile for PETG on the P1S. I'm about to do a full calibration on my own since I don't think something is right.

I did upgrade to the E3D Obxidian hotend 0.4mm which significantly increased volumetric flow on my PLA+ prints. For the PETG though I just left the stock volumetric flow at 12 since I know it doesn't like to be printed fast, but with a high flow nozzle should have no issues.

For PETG how fast are you printing your exterior walls and interior walls? Depending on the default settings for Bambu this can be like 200mm/s.

I'm seeing PETG buildup on the nozzle and parts coming off into the print, or it pulls the filament it just extruded leaving it in the print. It's not stringing, but parts of the print itself. I have avoid crossing walls checked to try to prevent it traveling across the walls.

Other than this issue the rest of the print looks good.

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By memsu:
Printing PETG on my Bambu P1S and QIDI X-Plus3 is driving me crazy. Both printers are having this issue. Printing single objects or a couple on the build plate I don't really have issues. It's when I print multiple objects using the entire build plate this issue shows up.

I'm using Bambu PETG and their profile for PETG on the P1S. I'm about to do a full calibration on my own since I don't think something is right.

I did upgrade to the E3D Obxidian hotend 0.4mm which significantly increased volumetric flow on my PLA+ prints. For the PETG though I just left the stock volumetric flow at 12 since I know it doesn't like to be printed fast, but with a high flow nozzle should have no issues.

For PETG how fast are you printing your exterior walls and interior walls? Depending on the default settings for Bambu this can be like 200mm/s.

I'm seeing PETG buildup on the nozzle and parts coming off into the print, or it pulls the filament it just extruded leaving it in the print. It's not stringing, but parts of the print itself. I have avoid crossing walls checked to try to prevent it traveling across the walls.

https://i.imgur.com/KXAklbh.jpg?1
View Quote

So, for an update I ditched the Bambu PETG profile and started with the profiles I found for the Bambo E3D ObXidian hotend from E3D. I combined elements from the 0.4mm and the 0.6mm profile to make my own since I'm printing 0.28mm layer heights vs the profile default of 0.2mm. Right now I limited the volumetric flow to 15. I also calibrated flow and had to raise it about 2.75% higher from Bambu default and the pressure advance was changed from 0.02 to 0.036.

Printed one of the parts and it turned out fantastic, now I got 2 printing and they are looking good too. After that I'll try 4 of them to simulate the movements the printer was when printing 6 to narrow down what was causing the earlier print issues.

The only major change I saw was the E3D profile activated the aux part cooling fan for PETG at 70% speed. Otherwise all their other settings were geared for speed with volumetric flow at 30 and all the speed settings higher than Bambu default.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#44]

So, for an update I ditched the Bambu PETG profile and started with the profiles I found for the Bambo E3D ObXidian hotend from E3D. I combined elements from the 0.4mm and the 0.6mm profile to make my own since I'm printing 0.28mm layer heights vs the profile default of 0.2mm. Right now I limited the volumetric flow to 15. I also calibrated flow and had to raise it about 2.75% higher from Bambu default and the pressure advance was changed from 0.02 to 0.036.

Printed one of the parts and it turned out fantastic, now I got 2 printing and they are looking good too. After that I'll try 4 of them to simulate the movements the printer was when printing 6 to narrow down what was causing the earlier print issues.

The only major change I saw was the E3D profile activated the aux part cooling fan for PETG at 70% speed. Otherwise all their other settings were geared for speed with volumetric flow at 30 and all the speed settings higher than Bambu default.
View Quote
Bambu released their new PETG-HF this week.  Not sure what the changes are but HF is supposed to be High Flow.  I plan to see if there any YT reviews on it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 7:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#45]

https://i.imgur.com/KXAklbh.jpg?1
View Quote

What temp? Tearing like that is inadequate heat or too much speed.

I'd be printing at like, 250-260.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#46]

What temp? Tearing like that is inadequate heat or too much speed.

I'd be printing at like, 250-260.
View Quote

See that's what's weird I was printing at 255. Max temp on roll is 260.

Speed wise on that print was slower than the E3D settings by a good bit. Running the E3D ObXidian hotend.

The true test is going to be loading it up with 6 parts. Right now with 1 or 2 parts it's printing great.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Bambu released their new PETG-HF this week.  Not sure what the changes are but HF is supposed to be High Flow.  I plan to see if there any YT reviews on it this weekend.
View Quote

I saw that and it has slightly less temp resistance and not a strong. So, not sure what they are mixing with it.

I like they offer spooless rolls now and in bulk it's only $14.99 a roll.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#48]

I saw that and it has slightly less temp resistance and not a strong. So, not sure what they are mixing with it.

I like they offer spooless rolls now and in bulk it's only $14.99 a roll.
View Quote

Be sure to figure out how it is blended if so. It's an alloy and some alloys give up more than others.

I like PCTG for some applications... It is an alloy of PETG that has layer adhesion strength equal to the rest of the part, and much higher impact strength and shear strength. However it completely gives up chemical resistance., but maintains fatigue resistance, UV resistance, and some level of flexibility.

It just depends.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm on day 3 of having a P1S with AMS. Upgraded from a Creality CR10.

Omg this is amazing!

Are there any downsides to this wonderful device?

I'm running 3 month old filament that's been in my basement with my 125 gallon saltwater aquarium, and it's smooth and trouble free. It's simply amazing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#50]
If you haven't already, print some dessecciant holders for your AMS. I use the spool hole ones.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top