Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You would think they would want people as drunk as possible as much as possible.
View Quote

Maybe their money is in drugs instead of alcohol.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Does he want  his son to do one line a week? We all know thats not going to happen!
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good. He didn't say anything about vodka.
View Quote

Hello Elmer.

That's a Fudd point of view.  As long as my drink (hunting rifle) isn't banned/regulated,  I'm ok with it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) was created under Nixon's administration. You guys are falling for outrage bait. The man's job is literally to tell people not to be alcoholics.
View Quote

Yeah, and it's Joe Biden, Mr. Fuck-it-up, that will crash the economy with skyrocketing inflation so you can't afford it

Alcohol is kind of a red herring. Eating healthier and exercising are far more important for your health. Drink more water, stop smoking, reduce your stress...I think on most "healthy" lists, alcohol is about 7 or 8 down on the list...and even that is more about avoiding binge drinking, not about drinking in moderation.

Alcohol isn't the problem, it's the discipline of the individual and the 7-8 things that should be addressed first.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:31:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hello Elmer.

That's a Fudd point of view.  As long as my drink (hunting rifle) isn't banned/regulated,  I'm ok with it.
View Quote

Does your flag have gold fringe?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#7]
FJB
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I just drank 3 months worth tonight

FJB
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Scranton PA says go fuck yourself.

You're no son of ours.
View Quote

I visit Scranton about 3-4 times a month (to go to wegmans). Scranton sure looks like mostly Joe's people to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:42:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
what's next prohibition 2.0?
View Quote

2.0? Prohibition 2.0 was the NFA, different prohibited items, being enforced by the same revenuers. 3.0 was the WoD. Can easily make the argument the GCA & FOPA was 4.0
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Meanwhile his son is smoking crack in the Whitehouse. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok....no more than 10 lies within a 10 minute period on your part then FJB....
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#13]
We raged about this the day before yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Biden-s-Alcohol-Czar/5-2667926/
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#14]
cocaine in the WH though is just fine though...right diaper joe?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:28:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
George Koob's been the director since 2014. I know we hate Biden, but if Trump was in office, he'd still recommend people drink less, and honestly a lot of people in this country do need to drink less.

If you want to be healthy, it is. Daily boozing isn't healthy, and many people that have "a couple" a day find a way to cheat the definition of a couple. I know I sure did when I was boozing every day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You will comply.  (and wear your mask)
George Koob's been the director since 2014. I know we hate Biden, but if Trump was in office, he'd still recommend people drink less, and honestly a lot of people in this country do need to drink less.

Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-132.gif
If you want to be healthy, it is. Daily boozing isn't healthy, and many people that have "a couple" a day find a way to cheat the definition of a couple. I know I sure did when I was boozing every day.

Why do you include yourself with "WE"
And how is two beers a week - exessive?   Because its not.
For many men, two a day wouldn't be excessive.

They probably see it as consuming too much grain that the rest of the world deserves.  And displacing fresh water that could be diverted shit hole failed states like california.  And it is a large consumer of energy for its distribution effort.  

Everyone in this regime needs to die in a fire, something as painful as possible.
I don't drink much at all, so this doesnt affect me, but they are becoming more control freaks by the day.  And all in a very, very bad direction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) was created under Nixon's administration. You guys are falling for outrage bait. The man's job is literally to tell people not to be alcoholics.
View Quote

You're just being absurd.  Not trolling.  But a crazy zealot
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Tell that to Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why do you include yourself with "WE"
And how is two beers a week - exessive?   Because its not.
For many men, two a day wouldn't be excessive.

They probably see it as consuming too much grain that the rest of the world deserves.  And displacing fresh water that could be diverted shit hole failed states like california.  And it is a large consumer of energy for its distribution effort.  

Everyone in this regime needs to die in a fire, something as painful as possible.
I don't drink much at all, so this doesnt affect me, but they are becoming more control freaks by the day.  And all in a very, very bad direction.
View Quote

I think it far more likely that Koob is basing his comments on experiments (usually in cells in a dish rather than in humans or whole animals) showing that alcohol has tiny but measurable detrimental effects even at low doses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Biden and Jill were probably on their 12th martini of the night when the came up with this . . . laughing about how they can screw with average Americans just for fun
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tell that to Wisconsin.
View Quote

Tell that to The Tavern League...
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One of Trump's BIGGEST mistakes was in not immediately firing ALL of the flunkies from the
previous administrations.
Especially concerning such bullshit bureaucratic positions. Fire them and do not rehire. Trump has disappointed us hugely in this respect. Koob and his entire directorate are superfluous effluent and nothing else.
View Quote

Lol, Trump fired like 8,000 people including DOJ attorneys, it wasn’t enough.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
This country tried that once.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Any recommends for how often to do crack?  How about pot?  What is the word from Hunter?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]
That will put us in a permanent recession.  Bidennomics is working.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#25]
What, do they want to transition people to fentanyl laced narcotics since they have a higher mortality rate?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Literally everything these leftists do is taking away your options and freedoms.

Speech, self defense, gas stoves, FUCKING CEILING FANS and now BEER!

When are the libtards in this country going to get tired of the cunts they insist on voting for fucking with their lives?

The job should not even exist.  Not the job of the federal government no nannie state the citizens even if they want to drink themselves to death.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not as effective as prohibition.
Whether or not you agree with the validity of the NIAAA, and I honestly don't care about it, objectively, all he said was that they might change the federal recommendations. That's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for all the millions of taxpayer dollars spent, how effective has the NIAAA been?

Not as effective as prohibition.
Whether or not you agree with the validity of the NIAAA, and I honestly don't care about it, objectively, all he said was that they might change the federal recommendations. That's it.

Please show me in the constitution where it’s the governments job to even make such recommendations.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Now do sugar. Certain foods, certain books, certain words. Welcome to the new America boys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Way ahead of you.

I can't remember the last time I had a beer.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Eat zee bugs comrades.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Didn't read the whole thread but I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet this somehow ties in with working plans for socialized healthcare.  Most places with socialized healthcare have sin taxes on things like alcohol and tobacco to discourage unhealthy behavior; see Singapore and Australia for two well known examples.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Change the definition, uh huh...
Illegal becomes migrant
Gender dysphoria becomes trans

I had two different college drug abuse classes, late 80's - early 90s.

A specific number of drinks per day was not a considered a problem as long as it did not cause a problem with work or personal life.
In other words, guy goes to work then goes home and drinks 5 beers a day, every day, but maintains his house, car, does what needs to be done, that was not considered problem drinking.

Impaired went from .10 to .08

Subsequently the definition is changed and what was not a problem is now binge drinking alcoholic.

Currently I have to do a yearly "health assessment" survey to get a discount on my health insurance. I say I drink two drinks a day. Good job CDW4ME, that and my other answers get me an A on the survey.

Looks like I'll have to change my response to just two drinks a week if I want to keep that A in the future.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#34]
If they don't want people to drink to "excess" by whatever definition of the day they come up with, they shouldn't encourage people to drink heavily by putting nitrous, turbo and a supercharger on this trip to clown world.

We're being fucked with for their lulz.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Scranton PA says go fuck yourself.

You're no son of ours.
View Quote

I'm outside of that shit hole wannabe city and wish it would fall into a mine shaft. Now where did I put that still?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

And we need a govt agency for that?  Thanks for the recommendation, now you are fired.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#37]
No ceiling fans, no beer, no AC, no ICE engines.

Should we start investing in wagons and stock horses again?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We raged about this the day before yesterday.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Biden-s-Alcohol-Czar/5-2667926/
View Quote

I search, didn't find. Oh well. Obviously some didn't see that one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of Trump's BIGGEST mistakes was in not immediately firing ALL of the flunkies from the
previous administrations.
Especially concerning such bullshit bureaucratic positions. Fire them and do not rehire. Trump has disappointed us hugely in this respect. Koob and his entire directorate are superfluous effluent and nothing else.

honestly, I don't think it was. Our gov is so bloated and full of swamp dwellers. I will still vote for him in the general maybe not the primary.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
cocaine in the WH though is just fine though...right diaper joe?
View Quote

Imagine the shitstorm if it would have been anthrax.  Odds they still couldn't figure out who brought it in would have been zero.

This is their weekly, "keep Karen's happy" announcement.  Doesn't apply to them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You would think they would want people as drunk as possible as much as possible.

They don't seem to mind people walking around high as fuck on weed everyday all day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I don’t even like beer, but now I want to drink three of them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Yep, President Potato's administration thinks they can damn well do whatever they please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I wonder what the recommend amount of crack or coke you can consume each week?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You're just being absurd.  Not trolling.  But a crazy zealot
View Quote
Absurd is getting a prolapsed anus over a rage bait headline instead of fully reading and interpreting the source. How many people in this thread even read the new Canadian guidelines to get a frame of reference for that statement? I know the answer is none.

They didn't say that Trudeau would come to your house and rape you if you drink more than two a week. They just changed the guidelines to a risk scale supported by data. You guys would have chain smoked unfiltered 100's to protest the Surgeon General if you were around when the report on cigarettes came out, I swear.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yep, President Potato's administration thinks they can damn well do whatever they please.
View Quote

Unfortunately,  all the democrats who never had parental discipline as a child are now, as pretend adults, begging for it from their government, and are happy to accommodate said potato in his micromanaging of your lives.

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good one!
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#50]
It's about the nudge. You can thank Cass Sunstein aka Samantha Powers hubby.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top