Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
At this point I’m only surprised when something actually does work right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Army’s navy I think. But I bet they’re being forced to throw it together with the circumstances and resources they are given
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Army doing Navy things?

DEI in action?

Gods will trumps all?

The Army’s navy I think. But I bet they’re being forced to throw it together with the circumstances and resources they are given

I hope they are poking fucking holes in it
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember when we moved an entire army across the English channel and made a contested beach landing..

Good times. What a fucking boondoggle.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Shit flows downhill, and he's the turd on the top.

So yeah, he's the one that gets the blame, same would be said for Trump if he was in office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im all for bashing Biden but damn...its not like he designed the damned thing. Thats your military spending money on shit that doesn't work as intended.

So yeah, he's the one that gets the blame, same would be said for Trump if he was in office.
Do you really think there would be a thread in GD with people blaming Trump for something like this?  Trump is infallible to most here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The pier is designed for operation in sheltered harbors that have been knocked out of action due to natural disasters or warfare. Parking it on the eastern med with no shelter or breakwater puts it at the edge of its operational capability in normal conditions. It's only designed to work up until state three, which is not much of a sea state.

The people who decided to employ this equipment in this manner are the ones responsible. It's like ordering someone to engage a 500 meter target with an MP5. Nothing wrong with an MP5, but it's the wrong tool for the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzzVyuPnMHk
View Quote

Their is a reason harbors are enclosed on all sides.  Only a fool would build a floating pier straight off a beach and not expect it to be washed away by the sea.......
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
We should be happy this is failing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a dude
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm happy.

I'm also imagining the counseling and loss statements being typed up right now.

Probably going to be some rough NCOERs and OERs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Building Back Better: Gaza Edition
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you really think there would be a thread in GD with people blaming Trump for something like this?  Trump is infallible to most here.
View Quote
I don't believe Trump would have made the choice to build the thing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a act of God.

Next time he should make it obvious and blast it with lightning bolts, but I guess water is his favorite.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At this point I’m only surprised when something actually does work right.
View Quote

So very sad but true.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

FFS, it's was a floating dock.
View Quote

FIFA
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:40:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are waves in the ocean.  Who woulda thought?
View Quote

Maybe with some help from israeli frogmen?
Would be even better if so
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of us are downright tickled.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im all for bashing Biden but damn...its not like he designed the damned thing. Thats your military spending money on shit that doesn't work as intended.

It was literally the Biden admin's idea. The Pentagon wanted to continue to air drop from RAF Akrotiri but the White House claimed it was too dangerous, possible bad optics of dropping on someone.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:31:02 PM EDT
[#19]
As an experienced former marine constructor, that is so embarrassingly bad I don’t know even where to start. It’s a non-funny joke just like everything else this administration does.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
320 million for a sinking pier.

lol
View Quote

How much of that was bribes?
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Allah wills it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#22]
What I wanna know is, who did the assessment
For the Egyptian striped  mud snail, the middle eastern sand turtle, creased tally whacker snake , albino kiwi snipe,  black spotted red striped sea cucumber, and spotted owl in the time since October to allow this pier to  be built in this time frame. I want the full bidding and contracting approval timeline posted publicly because there is a chance that a minority business was not allowed to bid on the work resulting in “old white men” being paid to do it. Additionally is the hastily constructed pier fully ADA compliant? Do the drive up ATM posts have brail letters for blind drivers? Are the stop lights color blind compliant with beeping crossing indicators noting what intersection people are ar , as well as special bumps to aid the blind pier visitors. Furthermore I’d like a full environmental impact study to be conducted to document and explore the impact of this pier on the mating grounds of the eastern Mediterranean grouper fish.

Im asking for this because I care about the earth and want to make it a better place.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#23]
$320 million for a fucking pier!

SMDH

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:02:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Biden wanted to be the HERO that saved Gaza with this fucking pier idea when they are much easier and economical ways to get actual humanitarian aid into Gaza. They wanted to do something flashy and greenlit this pier bullshit.

Of course, this idiot had no idea what to do with any aid that would be delivered via this pier system, and relying on the UN is another sad layer of failure. The UN support of Hamas has been proven many times over by now.

In a way this pier is a perfect representation of Brandon's foreign policy record
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

is it wrong to look at this with glee?
I don't care.
and I've decided if this despicable
wretch continues to be president
ill look with glee on the results.
View Quote

The more he humiliates us and himself, the worse his chances the Regime can cheat enough to steal 2 elections in a row.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How do I get tax refund?
I don't want a single penny of my money to be wasted on the terrorists and criminals.

View Quote

What a fucking joke
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]
$US640,000 per ton delivered, all of which went to Hamas.  The level of stupidity and naivety is beyond believable and yet entirely predictable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Another Biden success story.
View Quote
Imagine our society if we all the consience of a biden...
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes, this makes Biden look bad.  It does, however, cast a dark shadow on our military's effectiveness.

FFS, it's a floating dock.
View Quote

Er no. It was supposed to be a floating dock except it somehow didnt float. If this isnt a perfect summary of the Biden regime, I dont know what is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It was literally the Biden admin's idea. The Pentagon wanted to continue to air drop from RAF Akrotiri but the White House claimed it was too dangerous, possible bad optics of dropping on someone.
View Quote
Go back and read the post(s) I was replying to. I never said it wasn't the Biden administrations idea or that they didn't deserve any blame for it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:31:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This admin could fuck up anything.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:44:42 AM EDT
[#33]
What a frigging joke this admin is. What's a few hundred million here or there
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:47:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The seas are already beyond the design parameters of the pier. I would be very surprised if the the military didn't foresee and raise this possibility yet was forced by the White House to go along with the construction anyway.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:50:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do you really think there would be a thread in GD with people blaming Trump for something like this?  
View Quote
Yes. If Trump wins, there will be threads bashing him for the next four years. Trump wouldn't have built it though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:54:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Decisions being made by political operatives in the State Department who have zero real world experience.  Just like the chaotic pullout from Afghanistan.

Why have the evac from Bagram when there is an airport closer to us at the embassy in the middle of a city.  Lets have Bagram come to us, but we can't take all the weapons, so just leave all that behind.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure the big guy got his 10%!

This was just another money laundering scheme.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Man.  as this story continues... if I were Israel I would be beyond furious at this meddling and undermining.

You can bet your ass I'd assign a frogman team to go fucking drill holes in the bottom of that thing.  

Oh.... wait...   hmmm
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes. If Trump wins, there will be threads bashing him for the next four years. Trump wouldn't have built it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you really think there would be a thread in GD with people blaming Trump for something like this?  
That's hilarious. Any thread bashing Trump will continue to be full of people calling the OP a never_trumper and defending whatever it is he did.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Another Biden disaster.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:50:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Didn't the US successfully put those on the beaches at Normandy...80 years ago?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Perhaps this was the intent with president potato head, they knew it wouldn't last but the mere announcement and attempt was hoped to be enough to mollify his hard left base. He lies to everyone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:01:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Biden's entire career is filled with making the worst possible decisions and implementing the worst possible "solutions."  Obama only took him on as VP for insurance . . . he thought it looked good to have an old white man as Veep when an old, white man was his opponent (McStain).  By all reports he considered Biden a colossal moron and screw-up.

I don't know if he's the worst president in history - just because America has had a lot of really bad ones - but he's definitely in the top three.  I'd for sure put him at #1 in terms of presidents who hate America as founded . . . even above Obama.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Biden's boat ramp. One more failure.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The pier is designed for operation in sheltered harbors that have been knocked out of action due to natural disasters or warfare. Parking it on the eastern med with no shelter or breakwater puts it at the edge of its operational capability in normal conditions. It's only designed to work up until state three, which is not much of a sea state.

The people who decided to employ this equipment in this manner are the ones responsible. It's like ordering someone to engage a 500 meter target with an MP5. Nothing wrong with an MP5, but it's the wrong tool for the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzzVyuPnMHk
View Quote
So we need to build a breakwater.

Standby for barge load after barge load of rip rap.  We don't even have to go far.  Just put some boots on the ground in Gaza and collect building remains.  

It'll only cost the US tax payer $86.90 each.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:22:23 AM EDT
[#46]

Sabrina Singh , former Hillary For America campaign staffer , married to a man who is Pelosi's fund raiser .

Pentagon would be the last place I would expect her to turn up .
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Wait a second, if Israel is committing genocide, why are they allowing for the repair of the pier using their facilities?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#49]
The winning continues.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]
A monument to Diversity Inclusion and Equity (DIE America)
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top