Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2018 12:53:50 PM EDT
Patty Pansing Brooks , watch out for this chick she's got national ambition.

Bill to ban silencers and bump stocks

Sadly the other guy mentioned in this article Col Brewer is  a legit badass got shot up bad in Afghanistan in  2003  and hit by a RPG in 2011 but the local GOP didn't support him a bit when he ran nationally a couple years ago
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
“multiburst trigger activators.”  

Fucking Omaha dipshits.  This state needs a precision meteor strike somewhere east of York.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
LB 730 would impose a 10 percent excise tax on ammunition sales, with half of the proceeds going to a state wildlife conservation fund and the other half going to the violence prevention fund. Wayne said the proposal is similar to legislation in other states and could benefit both urban and rural areas.
View Quote
No bill to create a bicameral legislature, though...
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"multiburst trigger activators."  

Fucking Omaha dipshits.  This state needs a precision meteor strike somewhere east of York.
View Quote
She's from Lincoln , an estate planning lawyer
Represents a gentrified old area that is now almost filled almost exclusively with the UNL and other public sector employees
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She's from Lincoln , an estate planning lawyer
Represents a gentrified old area that is now almost filled almost exclusively with the UNL and other public sector employees
View Quote
Sorry, I should have included Lincoln along with Omaha.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Whore
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Take the mufflers off of cars and trucks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LB 730 would impose a 10 percent excise tax on ammunition sales, with half of the proceeds going to a state wildlife conservation fund and the other half going to the violence prevention fund. Wayne said the proposal is similar to legislation in other states and could benefit both urban and rural areas.
Wasn't there something about an excise tax getting shot down because of something something shall not be infringed?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Not Ernie.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Just Democrats doing Democrat things.  They will always work to advance the agenda
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Why can't these idiots move to the gun-control paradise of Illinois and leave us alone?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
In before California is blamed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
If you live there just say no to stupid ideas.
Democrats thinking of new ways to steal your money then use it to fund their shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#14]
How Fudd is Nebraska?  If it is too high a percentage, I can see this passing easily.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]
get an emotional gun bill going and then tack on all the riders that have nothing to do with anything....ban green bananas and motorized skate boards while you're at it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How Fudd is Nebraska?  If it is too high a percentage, I can see this passing easily.
View Quote
Nebraska isn't bad at all but there are always cities and the people that live in larger cities.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nebraska isn't bad at all but there are always cities and the people that live in larger cities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And unless they burn it as their priority bills they will never see out of committee.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is always city mice vs country mouse.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly

It’s amazing the unicameral exists with the sheer stupidity that’s passed year & year over that wouldn’t with a traditional bicameral legislature.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But a "big" city liberal in NE is still pretty conservative.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#21]
In any legislature, a variety of political posturing bills are introduced on the first day of session.

Bills always have to go through a committee or two to be voted on, and very few ever reach the floor for a vote.
(I assume this is true in Nebraska as it is on the federal level and all of the bicameral states)

Since I assume the Nebraska legislature is controlled by Republicans, these anti-gun bills will never see the light of day.

Learning a bit about political science can prevent a lot of heartburn when these stories come up!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I hit up my district senator Mike Hilgers. He replied to my email in an unautomated way to let me know my voice is heard and agrees that this is unconstitutional. +1 for Hilgers
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Why can't these idiots move to the gun-control paradise of Illinois and leave us alone?
View Quote
No thanks, we have enough of them.

I'll just sit here in my gun-control paradise with my legal AR-15's and legal 30-round mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#24]
"Their state, their rules"
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
When will the NRA weigh in?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I didn't even realize that was a lib state
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll just sit here in my gun-control paradise with my legal AR-15's and legal 30-round mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BikerNut is actually right, IL is probably the best of the blue states.  It has issues....didn't get CCW until very recently, and it's rather costly to get it there.  It's also not recognized in any other state and no other state is recognized in IL.  There are also the goofy transportation rules, FOID card idiocy, and no / impractical to legally obtain NFA.

However, you can still mail order ammo, 30 round mags are gtg and no AWB (outside of Shitcago, but it might as well be its own country).  It's way better than CA or NY, and only marginally worse than North Carolina, where you still have to get a pistol permit last I heard.

Of course, the state can't pay to keep the roads paved anymore, so transporting anything, firearms included, might get really hard there soon
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm in Brewer's district, very disappointed considering he ran as the Pro Gun option versus Al Davis. Can't confirm but, but fairly certain he owns NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm in Brewer's district, very disappointed considering he ran as the Pro Gun option versus Al Davis. Can't confirm but, but fairly certain he owns NFA stuff.
View Quote
wtf? please tell me you have blown up his phone and email!?! this shit needs to stop in its tracks before libs think they can start pushing more shit
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
The state overall isn't.  The cities are.  In 2008 Obama got one electoral vote from the congressional district that covers the Omaha metro (we aren't a winner take all state.  The two for the senators are but the electoral votes for the congressmen follow the votes of those districts).
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
wtf? please tell me you have blown up his phone and email!?! this shit needs to stop in its tracks before libs think they can start pushing more shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC He and Patty became buddies over the White Clay issue. He is native American

Agree it's disappointing he is entertaining some interest on the bump stock side of the issue.

Met him many times when he was involved with the NG rifle team , seemed like a great guy .

Hope he doesn't shift left and use his (admittedly impressive) service as a shield.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Plenty of libs in the land of corn and farm subsidies.  A different beast than your coastal libs.   They go to church, aren't all into the LBGTBBQ horeshit, and are generally socially conservative.

Our liberty oriented politicians generally hail from the mountain west and Texas.  Its not an accident.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Time for a couple dozen e-mails....
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#34]
The most friendly advice I can give from behind the retarded curtain.  Gun owners in NE need to organize, descend on her office and do everything in your collective power to have her removed from office.  Nebraska doesn't have a recall system for state legislatures (brief Google search), but do everything possible to have her stifled, and removed.

Senator Theresa Thibodeau is behind this, and if you don't stomp her out now she will run for re-election and continue her pursuit of higher office, and more stupid shit for your state.

Edit,  the bill author is Senator Patty Pansing Brooks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not Ernie.
View Quote
It's he still around?  He was the state pain in the Ass in 1999 when I almost moved there. Damn! You guys need to throw him outside like a puking cat.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's he still around?  He was the state pain in the Ass in 1999 when I almost moved there. Damn! You guys need to throw him outside like a puking cat.
View Quote
We threw him out once. He came back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah term limited out .
Stayed away for a term while a low IQ corrupt idiot saved his seat . Then came back to run again
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#40]
You can always tell someone is a politician if you google their name and every picture is them smiling in various situations. "Smiley glad-hands"  
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When will the NRA weigh in?
View Quote
Ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Oh wait...are you serious?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah term limited out .
Stayed away for a term while a low IQ corrupt idiot saved his seat . Then came back to run again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah term limited out .
A real man of his people.  Well, not the extent of living in his district of course but they still vote for him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A real man of his people.  Well, not the extent of living in his district of course but they still vote for him.
View Quote
Of course he lives in his district! One month he actually paid an electric bill for a house in North O! That's proof!

(this is sarcasm for those not in the know)
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#44]
The whole silencer ban thing is a crock. Silencers play no part in crime, and they are being used as a whipping horse against legal firearms owners. And it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh no they aren't. The stupid is very big even here in NE when it comes to liberal shitbags!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is not a liberal state; but we do have some VERY stupid liberals here that bring up very stupid shit from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Patty Pansing Brooks is a local girl. No evidence that she's ever been to California but regardless, it's California's fault.
View Quote
Agreed. California sets the standard for shitbag laws.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#48]
We have a Senator Ebke who is the head of the Judicial Committee.  Strong supporter of 2A. She's district 32 I think.

Hope all the NE folks here belong to the NFOA.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just Democrats doing Democrat things.  They will always work to advance the agenda
View Quote
There are shitheels here that happy support this agenda of going after bump stocks and suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh no they aren't. The stupid is very big even here in NE when it comes to liberal shitbags!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My girlfriend is from Omaha so we visit regularly. I've lived in CA and MA. I've been around blue state big city douchebag liberals. I've never seen one in NE.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top