Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 519
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bale2011:
I just noticed something kind of funny. There are three distinctly different groups of buyers in three different ongoing crypto threads. This one, the SafeMoon thread and the Shib thread. I wonder which group represents the smart money?
View Quote

Why aren't you in all three?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:

View Quote
Exactly. Most of mine is BTC, ETH, but I've got some really sketch speculative stuff too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just noticed something kind of funny. There are three distinctly different groups of buyers in three different ongoing crypto threads. This one, the SafeMoon thread and the Shib thread. I wonder which group represents the smart money?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:37:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#4]
Originally Posted By Knife_Sniper:

View Quote
I think I'm in them somewhere, just not as a buyer. One guy in the SafeMoon thread was showing off his bags of 10 coins and they're all longshot shitcoins. Another guy was balls deep in ElonSpermCoin.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Knife_Sniper] [#5]
Originally Posted By CBags04:
Exactly. Most of mine is BTC, ETH, but I've got some really sketch speculative stuff too.
View Quote

I keep sketch stuff below $500 budget wise. If they blow up I roll onto BTC or ETh. I often roll profit too early... but that's me.

Yesterday I jumped out shib at 7am but by 5 pm it was out of control ;)

Middle projects such as link grt icp etc. A few k unless they blow up. Then I roll them into btc.  

A few long term holds I also DCA into alongside BTC.

I have a chunk in a farm right now for income stream building.

There's so much to do in crypto.:)
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#6]
View Quote

I'm in all three....

...and the Dogecoin thread...
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just spent a half hour fighting with trust wallet. It didn't accept my identification. Any tips?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Keib:
I just spent a half hour fighting with trust wallet. It didn't accept my identification. Any tips?
View Quote

Trust Wallet.....doesn't trust you?

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RockMech:

Trust Wallet.....doesn't trust you?

https://media.giphy.com/media/gp3myhAIxv2Zq/giphy.gif
View Quote

I'm an Eagle Scout and everything!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#11]
When using trust wallet I would have to buy btc with cashapp and send to an exchange that supported bnb and then withdraw to trust.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Keib:
View Quote

Did they say why?

I did mine an hour ago. Got accepted within 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJ-IN-JAX] [#13]
Came across this interesting chart.

https://www.cryptometer.io/volume-flow

What the fuck is AXS?! Flow in of $93M in a day.

Ahhhh....Blockchin games.

https://beincrypto.com/axie-infinity-leads-in-game-nft-boom-dappradar-q3-report/
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#14]

I'd like to move a lot of our ETH to Celsius but the gas fees are preventing me.
View Quote

At least you have the option. I staked most of mine on CB, and the remaining is stuck on Paypal.

I'm not too upset (yet) about the staking as I have no plans to sell anytime soon, but the Paypal part is really pissing me off. It was the first crypto I purchased. Regardless, both situations are of my own doing.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

At least you have the option. I staked most of mine on CB, and the remaining is stuck on Paypal.

I'm not too upset (yet) about the staking as I have no plans to sell anytime soon, but the Paypal part is really pissing me off. It was the first crypto I purchased. Regardless, both situations are of my own doing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'd like to move a lot of our ETH to Celsius but the gas fees are preventing me.

How did it get stuck on paypal?
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
View All Quotes

You can't withdraw crypto from paypal..... yet.

They said "soon" like 6 months ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Technically it's not stuck, but I would have to sell it and get hit with ST capital gains to get it off Paypal at the moment.

Paypal doesn't act as a wallet and allow you to transfer crypto in and out. Buy and sell are your only options.

This past Spring Paypal said that they were on the verge of allowing transfers, but I haven't seen or heard anything since.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Technically it's not stuck, but I would have to sell it and get hit with ST capital gains to get it off Paypal at the moment.

Paypal doesn't act as a wallet and allow you to transfer crypto in and out. Buy and sell are your only options.

This past Spring Paypal said that they were on the verge of allowing transfers, but I haven't seen or heard anything since.
View Quote

Probably because the outflows would be huge. I’m still waiting as well. I refuse to sell and buy back.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:47:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SlowpokeRodriguez] [#19]
View Quote

The smart money is in BabyDoge coin  It is flying right now and still early.

Seriously though you play them all during a bull cycle. But 95% of my crypto money is in BTC, ETH, and ADA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have experience with BitForex?
I transferred some tether out of my wallet to the spot account and it disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By n3awalk3r:

The smart money is in BabyDoge coin  It is flying right now and still early.

Seriously though you play them all during a bull cycle. But 95% of my crypto money is in BTC, ETH, and ADA.
View Quote

I’m gonna go bankrupt buying shitcoins

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#22]
So what is a good app to use? Last time i read up on this stuff I remember kucoin and crypto.com was supposed to be pretty good but I know things change with time. Also with kucoin you also need coinbase to be able to withdraw to your bank.. where crypto.com you can do it all there without coinbase. Any other nuances like this or recommendations for another?

I looked up babydoge coin and it seems you need trust wallet and pancake swap. I would prefer to avoid having crypto in 5 different places.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nonchalance] [#23]
I changed my phone number and forgot to update my coinbase two factor authentication text number. Trying to reset and update that number, however, on my drivers license I am clean shaven but I have a beard now. Coinbase's stupid system keeps saying I am not the person on my ID.

I am either going to have to slog through Coinbase's notoriously bad customer service or bite the bullet and shave.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#24]
Originally Posted By Nonchalance:
I changed my phone number and forgot to update my coinbase two factor authentication text number. Trying to reset and update that number, however, on my drivers license I am clean shaven but I have a beard now. Coinbase's stupid system keeps saying I am not the person on my ID.

I am either going to have to slog through Coinbase's notoriously bad customer service or bite the bullet and shave.
View Quote

When you finally get things sorted out, ditch the Text 2FA for Google Authenticator or something similar. It's more secure than the text method.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FullSemiautomatic:

I’m gonna go bankrupt buying shitcoins

View Quote

Hey that or rich
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:
So what is a good app to use? Last time i read up on this stuff I remember kucoin and crypto.com was supposed to be pretty good but I know things change with time. Also with kucoin you also need coinbase to be able to withdraw to your bank.. where crypto.com you can do it all there without coinbase. Any other nuances like this or recommendations for another?

I looked up babydoge coin and it seems you need trust wallet and pancake swap. I would prefer to avoid having crypto in 5 different places.
View Quote

Trust wallet yes, but pancake swap is just a dex that sets up the smart contract. You don't actually hold money there. It uses your funds in Trustwallet to make the trade.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:31:47 PM EDT
[#27]

https://beincrypto.com/axie-infinity-leads-in-game-nft-boom-dappradar-q3-report/
View Quote

I’ve said it a couple times in this thread, but this is where the HUGE money is going to be. Blockchain games/NFTs are going to make a lot of new millionaires in the next few years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

I’ve said it a couple times in this thread, but this is where the HUGE money is going to be. Blockchain games/NFTs are going to make a lot of new millionaires in the next few years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:

AXS and MANA are game related and both are pumping. MANA has a low entry point.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:02:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#31]
Officiallly cancelling online preorders for coveted items to free capital and purchase BTC and also attempting to sell "stuff" for BTC at spot.  It's getting real, son.  

In other news...holy shit...coin...

Squid Game Coin up 45000% since Tuesday.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#32]
So I've been handling 95% of my crypto in Coinbase/Coinbase Pro but I've gotten a bit more serious in regards to accumulating and HODLing long-term after seeing the InvestAnswers video on 3 BTC for retirement.

I've never moved more than $1K in fiat per day into Coinbase but I am about to make a $60K move so that I can grab another full coin.

As of this evening, for my wife and I, I've configured 4 Yubikey 5 NFC USB dongles (primary and backup for each of us), 2 Trezor T cold wallets and 2 Coinbase Pro accounts. I have also, taken a retired MacBook Pro (runs great, just mothballed due to me getting new laptops frequently as a function of my line of work) and wiped/reset/encrypted the machine as it will be the sole touchpoint for the cold wallets and any $10K+ purchases. All local and online passwords are new and being generated by LastPass with the end goal being you could torture me and I wouldn't be able to tell you what any of my passwords are. Any crypto related online entity that touches my money now requires the use of a physical 2FA key and the plan going forward is to move any non-shitcoins over to cold storage as soon as they are purchased.

Looking for some advice on how to best handle crypto purchases, movement of said assets, etc. as I am a little worried that I may be missing something. Is there a better exchange with better security, lower rates, etc.? Basically, I'm looking for some of the been-there-done-that crowd to pass down some best practices. For my family, the big money, investments, nest eggs, etc. have always resided at the banks, brokers, etc. and to be honest, having high worth assets sitting on a 1 oz. plastic electronic device in a safe just a few ft from me 24/7/365 has me wanting to conduct extra due dilligence.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 3:23:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
So I've been handling 95% of my crypto in Coinbase/Coinbase Pro but I've gotten a bit more serious in regards to accumulating and HODLing long-term after seeing the InvestAnswers video on 3 BTC for retirement.

I've never moved more than $1K in fiat per day into Coinbase but I am about to make a $60K move so that I can grab another full coin.

As of this evening, for my wife and I, I've configured 4 Yubikey 5 NFC USB dongles (primary and backup for each of us), 2 Trezor T cold wallets and 2 Coinbase Pro accounts. I have also, taken a retired MacBook Pro (runs great, just mothballed due to me getting new laptops frequently as a function of my line of work) and wiped/reset/encrypted the machine as it will be the sole touchpoint for the cold wallets and any $10K+ purchases. All local and online passwords are new and being generated by LastPass with the end goal being you could torture me and I wouldn't be able to tell you what any of my passwords are. Any crypto related online entity that touches my money now requires the use of a physical 2FA key and the plan going forward is to move any non-shitcoins over to cold storage as soon as they are purchased.

Looking for some advice on how to best handle crypto purchases, movement of said assets, etc. as I am a little worried that I may be missing something. Is there a better exchange with better security, lower rates, etc.? Basically, I'm looking for some of the been-there-done-that crowd to pass down some best practices. For my family, the big money, investments, nest eggs, etc. have always resided at the banks, brokers, etc. and to be honest, having high worth assets sitting on a 1 oz. plastic electronic device in a safe just a few ft from me 24/7/365 has me wanting to conduct extra due dilligence.
View Quote
Another level of  security might be to add multisig.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
Officiallly cancelling online preorders for coveted items to free capital and purchase BTC and also attempting to sell "stuff" for BTC at spot.  It's getting real, son.  

View Quote

I never even hear about these coins until they’re blown up and it’s too late. Guess I need to assume every new hit TV show and video game  will have its own coin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:31:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#35]

View Quote

What are you doing to protect your seed phrase(s)? Multiple bomb-proof backups at different undisclosed locations? Remember the little 1oz piece of plastic holds nothing. It’s your seed phrase(s) that you have to really protect. The global blockchain holds your assets.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Looks like Hedera HBAR is trying to make a run for it today.  I got in on this one after someone here  on arfcom name dropped it and its done pretty well since then.  I figured it would be one of the safer gambles since it has businesses like Boeing, Google, and IBM included on its governing council.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

If it's not on cbp, I ain't buying it because I had a glitch where I lost $200 trying to swap and convert ABC to xyz and poof it went.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:14:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#38]

I never even hear about these coins until they’re blown up and it’s too late. Guess I need to assume every new hit TV show and video game  will have its own coin.
View Quote

Yes. In the perfect future, we'll have not only a crypto coin/ token for every individual but also for every idea. Shitcoins are truly paving the way to a better world with their uselessness.

They're lottery tickets. Or a pull of the lever on a slot machine. That's why we don't hear about this garbage.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Trust wallet yes, but pancake swap is just a dex that sets up the smart contract. You don't actually hold money there. It uses your funds in Trustwallet to make the trade.
View All Quotes

I think the general concept of a DEX is pretty foreign to most newcomers.

It's an exchange.  All they do is match a buyer with a seller.  Sometimes this requires multiple swaps that the end users don't see if there's no direct pairing.  Unlike a CEX, they don't maintain possession of your coins. They have them only long enough to do the trade then they're in your wallet.  These trades cost more because you're straddled with all the associated network fees of moving stuff around.

By contrast, with a CEX, you have a custodial wallet, which just means they hold the keys. It's like a bank having your money. Since they've already got your coins, and presumably whatever coins you're trading for, the fees are less because you're not having to pay network fees.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

CDC is fine if you just want to buy and hodl, but it's horrible for trying to trade to play price swings.  They have an exchange, but it's not available in the US.  Getting cash in isn't as easy as it is on Coinbase either.  Wouldn't know about out since I have one of their cards and can just use it to spend anything I'd want to withdraw.

I've heard bad things about their customer service, but even the worst of those stories beats Coinbase's seemingly non-existent CS.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#42]

Yes. In the perfect future, we'll have not only a crypto coin/ token for every individual but also for every idea. Shitcoins are truly paving the way to a better world with their uselessness.

They're lottery tickets. Or a pull of the lever on a slot machine. That's why we don't hear about this garbage.
View All Quotes

I bought a bag of Decentraland (MANA) last night @ $1.26 after the Facebook news and I’m riding the wave. Japanese MGTOWs living in their virtual reality world gonna make me a fortune.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

I think he's saying to get in on the ground floor of brand new tokens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
Originally Posted By Mr_Psmith:
Originally Posted By beastman:
I don't think many people understand how it's a similar situation with alt coins now. The real gains are made before they are available on any exchange. All the people excited about shib being listed on robinhood don't realize that they are the exit liquidity for the VCs to dump on. They need a huge inflow of dumb money to be able to dump without crashing the price. That's not to say it can't go up a few more Xs but I doubt the guys up a few million percent are planning to HODL through the next bear market.

The real alpha is to watch for and vet newly deployed contracts ;)

Que?

I think he's saying to get in on the ground floor of brand new tokens.

Yes, that’s how you make the 10,000X
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:44:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#44]

I bought a bag of Decentraland (MANA) last night @ $1.26 after the Facebook news and I’m riding the wave. Japanese MGTOWs living in their virtual reality world gonna make me a fortune.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/A485CF2F-949B-4F95-940F-F605A9CCDB97_jpe-2148470.JPG
View Quote

I was eying some of that last night at 1.31. Decided not to.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

You are missing a fireproof steel backup of your (Trezor’s) seed phrase.

I would also encourage you to consider DCA that 60k, even if it is 20k at a time x3 or 15kx4 over a period of weeks or months. If market rises in that period of time, you’ll not be significantly worse off in 10 years. If market falls, you’ll have a much better entry.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Bro it’s because you’re not reading my posts
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#47]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/A485CF2F-949B-4F95-940F-F605A9CCDB97_jpe-2148470.JPG
View All Quotes

I bought at $1.26 too. Facebook, or should I say, Meta, will take this one to the moon
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Congrats!
View All Quotes

Congrats!

Not shilling, but look for a dip when it hits $2 soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I’m subscribing to your posts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:59:58 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Congrats!

Here we go..

Attachment Attached File

Page / 519
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top