[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bale2011:
Originally Posted By RockMech:
MANA at $3.5 now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/15F5613D-D34B-456C-AE4B-BEB8F92D0C42_jpe-2149077.JPG

Wish I would’ve bought more. My $200 is now $675.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

View Quote

My 0 is still 0.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#5]
MANA hit 4.94
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

My 0 is still 0.
View All Quotes

My 0 is still 0.

I don’t know shit about analytics in regards to crypto but I bet it’s going to keep going up especially when Facebook officially rebrands. Probably not a bad time to get in now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#7]
Know when to get out. Haha.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
$3.53 lol.

This is a ride.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Put in another $100 at $3.82 #MANA
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Watching the buy/sell chart thingy, and it looks like hardly anyone is buying or selling.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xmission:
Watching the buy/sell chart thingy, and it looks like hardly anyone is buying or selling.
View Quote

The 4 hour candle on Tradingview looks like a dildo in action.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#13]

The 4 hour candle on Tradingview looks like a dildo in action.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockMech:
MANA at $3.5 now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/15F5613D-D34B-456C-AE4B-BEB8F92D0C42_jpe-2149077.JPG

Most money I’ve made in a 24hr period since I’ve been in crypto. Truly unbelievable, but thinking about getting out and rolling it into SOL or just BTC.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Most money I've made in a 24hr period since I've been in crypto. Truly unbelievable, but thinking about getting out and rolling it into SOL or just BTC.
View Quote
So, not expecting MANA to have legs long term?
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Really trying to figure out if this lull is the bottom on BTC before the next run. Seems like it wants to go up but who knows
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Keep in mind that a SAT (mathematically) can be infinitely divisible. You can't "print" more BTC but you can gain more purchasing power with less.

Currently, 1,634 Satoshi (SAT) equals $1. As the value of BTC goes up, we will eventually reach parity (1 SAT = $1) at which point we'll need a layer 2 mechanism for further subdividing the SAT, maybe something like a SATCent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By goloud:
A question for the BTC maxis.

Let’s say that five years from now, BTC becomes the world’s reserve currency. Using the max BTC supply and the number of people on the planet, the result is about 270,000 sats per person. That doesn’t include institutional holders, lost coins, and current supply calculations, so the number available per person will be much lower.

Is the supply too low to support commerce?

Do you envision sub tokens or alts that will have higher supply numbers that will be used to pay for everyday expenses?

Don’t misinterpret my question as criticism, I’m just curious about the logistics. I still believe that BTC is basically “perfect money” when it comes to supply/inflation. But how would the rest of the monetary ecosystem work?

Keep in mind that a SAT (mathematically) can be infinitely divisible. You can't "print" more BTC but you can gain more purchasing power with less.

Currently, 1,634 Satoshi (SAT) equals $1. As the value of BTC goes up, we will eventually reach parity (1 SAT = $1) at which point we'll need a layer 2 mechanism for further subdividing the SAT, maybe something like a SATCent.

If I'm mathing correctly, wouldn't Bitcoin have 1634x for 1 Satoshi to equal $1?

I just don't see that happening in my lifetime.  I don't see Bitcoin having a market cap of $2000 Trillion give or take.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Pariah762:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pariah762:

Most money I've made in a 24hr period since I've been in crypto. Truly unbelievable, but thinking about getting out and rolling it into SOL or just BTC.

Oh I think it could hit $5 by morning and $15 - $30 by 12/31 but I’m also not against taking gains and rolling it into safe bets. I don’t make plays like this often.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

If I'm mathing correctly, wouldn't Bitcoin have 1634x for 1 Satoshi to equal $1?

I just don't see that happening in my lifetime.  I don't see Bitcoin having a market cap of $2000 Trillion give or take.

View All Quotes

Let’s say that five years from now, BTC becomes the world’s reserve currency. Using the max BTC supply and the number of people on the planet, the result is about 270,000 sats per person. That doesn’t include institutional holders, lost coins, and current supply calculations, so the number available per person will be much lower.

Do you envision sub tokens or alts that will have higher supply numbers that will be used to pay for everyday expenses?

Don’t misinterpret my question as criticism, I’m just curious about the logistics. I still believe that BTC is basically “perfect money” when it comes to supply/inflation. But how would the rest of the monetary ecosystem work?

$2.1 quadrillion. But you seen how they're printing fiat globally? Then you add owning nothing and liking it. Taxes, maintenance, etc on real estate. Depending how badly they inflate costs and raise taxes perhaps owning digital property you can lend out to raise capital makes more sense as it carries zero liability.

If bitcoin captured just $100 trillion market cap, however, it would be limited to a divisiblity of $.0476 per Satoshi. And then fractional satoshis would already be warranted relative to today's pricing structure. When it captures $500T, you will certainly need further divisibility.  Again, assuming everything isn't rounded to the nearest whole $1 by then anyways. Getting hard to buy much of anything for less.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:

$2.1 quadrillion. But you seen how they're printing fiat globally? Then you add owning nothing and liking it. Taxes, maintenance, etc on real estate. Depending how badly they inflate costs and raise taxes perhaps owning digital property you can lend out to raise capital makes more sense as it carries zero liability.

If bitcoin captured just $100 trillion market cap, however, it would be limited to a divisiblity of $.0476 per Satoshi. And then fractional satoshis would already be warranted relative to today's pricing structure. When it captures $500T, you will certainly need further divisibility.  Again, assuming everything isn't rounded to the nearest whole $1 by then anyways. Getting hard to buy much of anything for less.
View All Quotes

I guess let's just see if we can get to $10 Trillion first.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunalimunumaprzure] [#22]
Originally Posted By 1776-1865_RIP:
Really trying to figure out if this lull is the bottom on BTC before the next run. Seems like it wants to go up but who knows
View Quote

I have half a mind thinking that we are nearing the end of this run.  Multiple complete shitcoin threads popping up here daily, meme coins more valuable than major banking institutions, etc.  

2017 saw garbage pumped like Solar Coin that was supposed to be some kind of blockchain for distribution of solar power ().  Now it's shit like Solana Cum and Cum Rocket that are 10,000xing, which in addition to the stupid fucking name aren't even trying to promise any kind of utility.

I don't know how much more dumb money there is left to flow into the crypto market to maintain these price levels, or how long before a major rug pull spooks out the tard level investors.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Oh I think it could hit $5 by morning and $15 - $30 by 12/31 but I'm also not against taking gains and rolling it into safe bets. I don't make plays like this often.
View Quote
Gotcha
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodsie] [#24]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

I have half a mind thinking that we are nearing the end of this run.  Multiple complete shitcoin threads popping up here daily, meme coins more valuable than major banking institutions, etc.  

2017 saw garbage pumped like Solar Coin that was supposed to be some kind of blockchain for distribution of solar power ().  Now it's shit like Solana Cum and Cum Rocket that are 10,000xing, which in addition to the stupid fucking name aren't even trying to promise any kind of utility.

I don't know how much more dumb money there is left to flow into the crypto market to maintain these price levels, or how long before a major rug pull spooks out the tard level investors.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1776-1865_RIP:

I honestly think shitcoins and bitcoin are pulling from two disparate markets right not.

Shitcoins from retail crypto newbs and Bitcoin/Ethereum from Wallstreet, Institutions, and Nation States (El Salvador).

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#25]

I honestly think shitcoins and bitcoin are pulling from two disparate markets right not.

Shitcoins from retail crypto newbs and Bitcoin/Ethereum from Wallstreet, Institutions, and Nation States (El Salvador).

View Quote

Possible, and I hope you are correct.

I just can't help but wonder how much of the valuation of things like SOL, ETH, AVAX, etc. is based on the insane amount of volume on those chains due to dipshits buying all the complete garbage via DEX.  I could see where bitcoin might be able to stave off a huge price crash, but the layer 1 smart contract chains might not be so resilient when the money dries up for Poop Dick Curtain Wipe Coin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol I just checked my portfolio. I bought 460 mana back in 2018 for about $0.07.

HODL!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

We often think in terms of dollars and think about the US money supply because we live in the US.

But it's not just USD fiat that's being traded for BTC - its lots and lots of fiat currencies being traded for BTC.

I think the dollar would stop being utilized before it lost another 1000x in value relative to BTC.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BPK2300:
Lol I just checked my portfolio. I bought 460 mana back in 2018 for about $0.07.

HODL!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#29]

I have half a mind thinking that we are nearing the end of this run.
View Quote

Sometimes I get that feeling too.  Just seem to hit that mid-60s wall and come back down and stagnate a bit.

Like there's only so much money for BTC right now...  People get sick of the no-gains thing after a while and lose sight of the long term.

I guess these last 2 months of the year will tell us the real story.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By transplanted:

We often think in terms of dollars and think about the US money supply because we live in the US.

But it's not just USD fiat that's being traded for BTC - its lots and lots of fiat currencies being traded for BTC.

I think the dollar would stop being utilized before it lost another 1000x in value relative to BTC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By transplanted:

Possibly. Inevitably we know the dollar is just the ultimate shitcoin and in all likelihood will be one of only a handful of "localized" fiat currencies that survive for some time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BPK2300:

HODL!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Somebody wake up the Euros and get them buying!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:37:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Woke up this morning to the mana news on here. Got in and out for 8% with my entire stack.

Today was a good day. Literally made up for every bad trade I've made in the last two months.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:49:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wildturkey09:
Woke up this morning to the mana news on here. Got in and out for 8% with my entire stack.

Today was a good day. Literally made up for every bad trade I've made in the last two months.
View Quote

Have you figured out what you owe in taxes yet?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I see ANKR woke up....

Had a sell order sitting at .145 for like 2 months that finally got filled.  Didn't think it hit into the .18's though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got some tulip bulbs to sell....
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:
I see ANKR woke up....

Had a sell order sitting at .145 for like 2 months that finally got filled.  Didn't think it hit into the .18's though.
View Quote

I woke up to a 44% increase over yesterday. About time that mother fucker woke up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SWOH:
View Quote

Instead of firing back, I’m going to suggest that you get educated on blockchain technology and the future of finance, commerce, the internet, and pretty much any industry that relies on verifiable data.

Why Mastercard is bringing crypto onto its network

Bank of America Adds 23 More Firms to Its Crypto Research List

Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology in Healthcare
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I heard that argument back at $200 eight years ago.  Stay mad.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 8:31:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

I woke up to a 44% increase over yesterday. About time that mother fucker woke up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

I see ANKR woke up....

Might have something to do with it.

Ankr launches decentralized Web3 dev portal, distributes $10M in grantshttps://cryptonews.net/2405939/?utm_source=CryptoNews&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=shared
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Instead of firing back, I’m going to suggest that you get educated on blockchain technology and the future of finance, commerce, the internet, and pretty much any industry that relies on verifiable data.

View All Quotes

Get in loser, we’re building the future of France
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#43]
I see ANKR woke up....

View Quote

I traded ANKR into BTC at a sizeable loss in fiat a few months ago, but the pairing is just about the same now as it was when I made the trade. So no regerts.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Nope and I'm probably completely fucked when it comes to it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Just hope you're solidly in a tax bracket already, and that these trades don't put you over the top.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Might have something to do with it.

Ankr launches decentralized Web3 dev portal, distributes $10M in grantshttps://cryptonews.net/2405939/?utm_source=CryptoNews&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=shared
View Quote

I'm holding about 20k coins and have been waiting patiently for it to take off.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#47]

I traded ANKR into BTC at a sizeable loss in fiat a few months ago, but the pairing is just about the same now as it was when I made the trade. So no regerts.
View Quote

Why didn't you just roll it over into eth?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I was approaching $70k in profits for the year a couple months ago and started trying to figure it out and it was an absolute nightmare. I signed up on Cointracker and it not only made it easy but, saved me some dollars using tax loss harvesting. My CPA would charge me ten times what they charge probably.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Mana a good buy if it dips to $2.50?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Long term analysis and a little hopium too.

Bitcoin End Of Cycle Price Prediction, $150,000 to $400,000 & Why. [clickbait]
Page / 519
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top