User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Man, they didn't have any cameras on a film set in 2017 to catch those klansmen in the act?  
View Quote
South Korean klansmen are hard to catch on film... always flying kicking and Tokyo drifting everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Oscars, all around!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:32:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
South Korean klansmen are hard to catch on film... always flying kicking and Tokyo drifting everywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, they didn't have any cameras on a film set in 2017 to catch those klansmen in the act?  
They had to film in South Korea for a high tech country? I wonder why they didn't shoot in Cape Town, Johannesburg, or Salisbury?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a direct relationship between how bad ass a super hero is and the number of cobra buckles on his harness.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in for audience rating.

rotten tomatoes is a fucking joke lately.
View Quote
Its not them reviewing movies.   If their "review" is off its because a lot of the actual reviews are off.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They had to film in South Korea for a high tech country? I wonder why they didn't shoot in Cape Town, Johannesburg, or Salisbury?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wuz kangz. Not currently kangz.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#8]
we don't let that shit happen around here.....sorry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#10]
wonder what the ratings would be if white people made a movie called the klansmen...  
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 2:46:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
wonder what the ratings would be if white people made a movie called the klansmen...  
View Quote
Whats good for the goose and all.

How about a rerelease of the original Cut of D.W. Griffiths Birth of a Nation.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:01:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:03:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops, I forgot we stole all they knowledge... like it was a car or something...
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:16:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I wind up going to to less and less movies every year, I only went to 2 in 2017. Looks like it'll probably be 3 in 2018 but this ain't one of them; so +1 over last year but that's a lot less than I used to.

By way of contrast I just looked what movies came out by year that I'd seen in the theater, in 1984 I saw 22.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wind up going to to less and less movies every year, I only went to 2 in 2017. Looks like it'll probably be 3 in 2018 but this ain't one of them; so +1 over last year but that's a lot less than I used to.

By way of contrast I just looked what movies came out by year that I'd seen in the theater, in 1984 I saw 22.
View Quote
I went to 3; Guardians 2, Pirates 5 or 6 I lost count ~ which ARFCOM had no interest in and Blade Runner 2049. They had their good scenes but overall I didn’t experience the same level of thrills as the 1980s. Could be age or the insane popcorn prices or whatever but I might not go to any films at all this year
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I go it’s likely just for kids animated films that my daughter wants to see
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:30:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I went to 3; Guardians 2, Pirates 5 or 6 I lost count ~ which ARFCOM had no interest in and Blade Runner 2049. They had their good scenes but overall I didn't experience the same level of thrills as the 1980s. Could be age or the insane popcorn prices or whatever but I might not go to any films at all this year
View Quote
I went and saw The Last Jedi and Blade Runner: 2049. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 came out right when my breakup was happening so I didn't go see it out of spite since the ex was talking about it for months before it came out. So I'd actually planned on seeing 3 when 2017 started.

This year I'll probably see Solo, Deadpool 2 and Ready Player One and that'll be it.

But looking back at that list 1984 was a damn good year for movies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:41:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I went and saw The Last Jedi and Blade Runner: 2049. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 came out right when my breakup was happening so I didn't go see it out of spite since the ex was talking about it for months before it came out. So I'd actually planned on seeing 3 when 2017 started.

This year I'll probably see Solo, Deadpool 2 and Ready Player One and that'll be it.

But looking back at that list 1984 was a damn good year for movies.
View Quote
The 80s music thread got me looking at rankings of 1980s films; Ghostbusters, Animal House, Fast Times, Terminator, Indiana Jones etc. I skipped Tron because my ex demanded we go which was around the beginning of the end of our relationship. It dragged on a few more years before I finally filed the paperwork but she knows as many stars as my Mom and is friends with several celebrities, so when I see magazines, tv or films with those people I get annoyed because I learned she texted about our ‘dirty laundry’ to them and I’m not at the indifferent stage most of the people on ARFCOM are
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:51:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Unfortunately some truth.  After the last Star Wars, it's kind of obvious their ratings can be bought.

No judgements on this movie - don't know much about it - except that everyone is black except the bad guy, who is white; not a good start for me there, but we'll see.
View Quote
Weird how they managed to turn the norse gods into a muticultural shitshow tho.... why is wakanda all blacck?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 3:57:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Female SJW at work is super excited about it. She also loved Star Wars Episode 8 because of Leia and Rey's roles. She also was super pumped to see Hamilton. Doubt she'd give two shits about any of these if a couple of details were different...
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Usually, the way these things go, they pump it up as much as possible so that they get good opening numbers, but then word gets out that it sucks, so no repeat ticket sales. There's no media attention to its lack of repeat business and poor audience reception, except to occasionally mention how diversity is now selling in movies since the opening numbers were good in movies like this and the last star wars.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Probably another bland and predictable high budget action movie that Marvel has been shitting out the past 5 years
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Probably another bland and predictable high budget action movie that Marvel has been shitting out the past 5 years
View Quote
This plus "We Was Kings" and "Fuck Whitey" and you are correct.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#28]
What a joke.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#29]
#fakenews
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Female SJW at work is super excited about it. She also loved Star Wars Episode 8 because of Leia and Rey's roles. She also was super pumped to see Hamilton. Doubt she'd give two shits about any of these if a couple of details were different...
View Quote
One of my great-grandmas' maiden name was Burr, she was related somehow to Aaron; after hearing about Hamilton: An American Musical (had to look up the full title of that foolishness) from idiotic leftists for a few years now I'm seriously considering writing Burr: A Heavy Metal Opera on general principals.

I already have a t-shirt with "Aaron Shot First" on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Marvel cancelled the BP comic last year due to poor sales
it takes about 30,000 sales per month for a title to "make it"
BP's last issue sold less than half that

doesn't mean the movie will or won't be good
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:28:39 AM EDT
[#32]
The trailers look good.

Don't forget Wakanda has a wall and immigration policies that would make Sheriff Joe jealous.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I can only imagine the crowds at the showings of Black Panther....lol.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Rotten Tomatoes audience ratings for The Last Jedi was gamed by bots from 4chan users who were unhappy with all the feminist writers and obviously pandering SJW nature of the casting.  I never saw it, but they were angry at things like one completely uninteresting character that had very little to do with the plot got a lot of screentime because that character was a racial/gender combination that hadn't been in Star Wars movies before so this had to "make up for it" by padding her screen time.

So this campaign of 4Chan's was a reason for the big critic-audience difference in the reviews.  They figured they'd do it to Black Panther, so they're taking precautions now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#35]
If any of these so called "critics" gave a realistic review they would be destroyed by the SJW on their feed and labeled a RACIST!!!!

anyway the previews look good and I will eventually see it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:49:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In before shooting at the screen.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#37]
No love for Blankman?

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Rotten Tomatoes audience ratings for The Last Jedi was gamed by bots from 4chan users who were unhappy with all the feminist writers and obviously pandering SJW nature of the casting.  I never saw it, but they were angry at things like one completely uninteresting character that had very little to do with the plot got a lot of screentime because that character was a racial/gender combination that hadn't been in Star Wars movies before so this had to "make up for it" by padding her screen time.

So this campaign of 4Chan's was a reason for the big critic-audience difference in the reviews.  They figured they'd do it to Black Panther, so they're taking precautions now.
View Quote
I do hope that was sarcasm. The Last Jedi was probably the worst piece of garbage I've had to sit through in a long time. The entire portion with black Stormtrooper dude who is so irrelevant I don't even remember his name we're pathetic and pandering and not to mention completely tangential the storyline. Overall the movie with a giant pilot turd - maybe the five scenes where female Luke Skywalker and Darth emo are having some sort of mental mind-meld.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
because anything less would be racist

wonder which city would be burning if it got under 100%?
View Quote
That movie looks like a CGI clusterfuck!

People don't even have to act anymore.

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
in for audience rating.

rotten tomatoes is a fucking joke lately.
View Quote
As mentioned above, they've already concocted a bogus story about a racist alt-right group conspiring to flood Rotton Tomatoes with negative reviews.

You can expect that they will be censoring any negative audience reviews as examples of hate speech.

https://www.spin.com/2018/02/black-panther-rotten-tomatoes-negative-reviews/
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:01:50 AM EDT
[#41]
"When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It’s about two hours," he told the publication Mr. Porter. "And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park."

Bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It’s about two hours," he told the publication Mr. Porter. "And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park."

Bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bullshit.
Of course it is.

It isn't like there aren't whole subsections of the internet dedicated to blacks (vertically) videoing random things (mostly fights it seems).

They'd totally pass up a chance to video a honest to god klan rally, totally.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Of course it is.

It isn't like there aren't whole subsections of the internet dedicated to blacks (vertically) videoing random things (mostly fights it seems).

They'd totally pass up a chance to video a honest to god klan rally, totally.
View Quote
Probably saw a bunch of high school kids circled up in their pickups.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Didn't they claim they somehow stopped some supposed movement that was going to give Black Panther negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes? I'm willing to bet they decided to nix any negative review just to make a point. That's not to say they also weren't paid to make sure it's nothing less than 100% positive. I'm all for Marvel movies and I liked Black Panther in Civil War, but I don't care about seeing this move one bit. Unfortunately, they made sure to make Wakanda one of the main locations in Infinity War so if you don't see this movie, you might not know some things going into Infinity War. The truth is I honestly couldn't care less about any movie review site. When it comes to movies, even the opinions of close friends are sometimes the complete opposite of what I think.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oscars, all around!
View Quote
Why are we screwing around here people?

Start passing out the Oscars now. Obama can watch the celebration while polishing his Nobel Peace Prize.

I would suggest the current form of the Oscar is far too Caucasian in appearance and requires "diversity" features.

We we have the time to make those corrections if we really hurry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Previews look good I will watch it. Although I will watch any Marvel movie. Although after Logan which is sorta Marvel sorta Fox not doubt any will be as good as Logan. It was a good end to Hugh Jackman playing that character.
View Quote
Logan was a horrible SJW flick....

Save the illegal kids...illegals take charge...illegal kids are better than the old white man who dies off...female kids is a young lion...with feet claws to protect herself....ICE is rounding up illegal immigrants...I mean mutants and killing/testing on them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Female Ghost Busters, Star Wars VIII were supposedly great too.

Just a bunch of Virtue Signalling.

Movie will probably do well though, Blacks will go see it 3x-4x virtue signalling Whites will go to prove they ain't racist.

Remember, Tyler Perry still makes money.
View Quote
My mother, has no sense of humor.
I’ve never heard her laugh as much, as when she watches the Madea movies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#48]
I want to see it but don't think I will. Why? Because they've been pushing the shit out of it and I'm afraid that the theater is going to be full of ghetto rats. Yeah, I said it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Is this a surprise?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Started last year with the last Pirates of Carribean movie.   Rotten Tomatoes had bad reveiws from people who saw it early, so they blamed it bombing on RT low reviews.   And again with other movies.  Movie after movie bombed last year (half or less of expected gross on most movies, while some did way over what they were estimated to).   In other words, the market is deciding what they want to watch, not watching everything the studios feed them, this pisses off the studios.

Therefore, Almost 2 weeks ago, RT disabled ratings for the movie from pre-screeners, since they weren't all coming in as glowing/wonderful reports.   They claimed it was "Alt-Right Bots" trying to trash the RT score, so they deleted all the bad votes and locked it down.

It was at 97% positive 12 hours ago, when they opened up comments again.  They're clearly deleting any review less than stellar since the percentage is increasing and a review saying it's anything less than Ben Hur are purged.

Using the reverse Pirates of the Carribean logic, if it has a 100% score and bombs, it's because America is Racist, not because the movie sucks and RT was a venue to let others know a movie sucked ahead of time.  
View Quote
Movie bidness and SJW call to action is serious bidness.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top