Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep thinking the 47 is the one with the rotating barrel. I kind of lost track after 43

Sure the 48 seems confusingly pointless but if it was your agency's issue gun and it's not available for sale to the public I would think you'd want one. Plus you can flip them to collectors later.
View Quote

The one with the rotating barrel would be cool to have
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The point is regular joe just can't go buy one.
View Quote

Sure, form a club, place an order.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
For the uninformed:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33962/cbp-glock-contract19_jpg-2549974.JPG

Personally I'm a huge fan of the protruding lip of the magazines, sure to get caught on every piece of equipment.
View Quote
I swapped my baseplates out immediately. The G26 doesn't take standard G26 mags either because the grip is slightly longer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have no idea what models above 23 are.
View Quote

Lol this
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, I would love to be able to buy and own a G47.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if a (retired) BP I know could be persuaded to buy one then decide he doesn’t like it and resell to a good home like mine…
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wonder if a (retired) BP I know could be persuaded to buy one then decide he doesn’t like it and resell to a good home like mine…
View Quote

You could flip it on GB for $5K.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that.
More carve outs and privileges for the kings men.

It’s through their private museum.

Forget it.  He’s rolling.

That isn't exactly a point unless it's a point in whining about wanting what you never earned the right to be a part of their organization.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$750 for a glock is BS, what so special about it?
View Quote
It's "modular"
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't you just print one? What is the big deal?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At least they are guarding access to something.
View Quote

Hammer ~ Nail
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I did that, how could I wear it out?
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

they might sell you one if you go down to the border and volunteer to help usher in our newest democrat voters
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont understand why this is a big deal other than no one can have them but the kings men.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#15]
The OP information is greatly appreciated!  I EOD'd in the USBP in June of 1968 & left in 1975 to join a different Fed LEO position.  I've lost track of a number of friends since I retired in 1993.  I just contacted the BP Museum to ascertain if they maintain any records of living & deceased members & any contact information.
I do have the first issued BP Commemorative, a S&W Mdl. 66 that came out in the early 1970's which I still have.  It's probably worth more as a shooter than a collection piece.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That isn't exactly a point unless it's a point in whining about wanting what you never earned the right to be a part of their organization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that.

It’s through their private museum.

Forget it.  He’s rolling.

This times a million.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You're "point" is stupid. Don't get upset with the BP Museum because they convinced Glock to do a run of pistols they don't mass manufacture, while adding a hefty premium.  If Glock chooses not to offer the 47 to the public, get upset with them.  BP doesn't hold their patent.

Get a thousand orders together through your organization with folks willing to pay an extra $200 and I'm sure they'll do a run of 47s for you too.
View Quote
I'm surprised Lipseys haven't done it yet actually.

I would be down for a non MOS slide 47 so I could have the optic cut I want done and put it on a 19 frame. I've wanted a 19L for a while.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll probably get at least two.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll be in for an order.
Retired 2021
View Quote
Ditto, but retirING 12/31/22. @BPGuy

61 work days left.

Class 535
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I swapped my baseplates out immediately. The G26 doesn't take standard G26 mags either because the grip is slightly longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the uninformed:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33962/cbp-glock-contract19_jpg-2549974.JPG

Personally I'm a huge fan of the protruding lip of the magazines, sure to get caught on every piece of equipment.
I got the 19 and put the extended plates on my mags after I tried it both ways.  Stupid easy to rip them out during a quick reload.  I might see if I can get the Firearms guys to gift me some as a retirement present.

They had a huge box of them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got the 19 and put the extended plates on my mags after I tried it both ways.  Stupid easy to rip them out during a quick reload.  I might see if I can get the Firearms guys to gift me some as a retirement present.

View Quote

Had the 47 and really liked it, including  the mags and base plates. Never had a snag issue.
When I retired, only had ro turn in pistol, they let me keep the mags.
I may even get 2.

Already have a USBP 50th S&W 66, USBP Sig and USBP Winchester model 94.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well dang, now I know why I had two of those baseplates that made me go WTF when one of my orders of a pile of G17 Gen 5 magazines came in. I ordered replacements, the normal ones and gave the other two clown shoe sized ones away.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I bet Glock has some contract with the Border Patrol to not sell these to anyone else that BP waived to allow some private sales to employees/retired employees. Otherwise they'd be available or someone like Lipseye's would have done it.
View Quote

That is incorrect. That is purely Glock's decision.

CBP/(USBP/OFO) put out a statement of work (SOW) with certain specs to be met. Glock won the contract.

Nothing keeps Glock from selling G47s to the public, except Glock.

The United States Border Patrol museum is privately funded and receives zero tax dollars/public money.

The museum reached out to Glock about making a commerative G47 for sale to current and former/retired Border Patrol Agents to buy and Glock agreed.

Simple as that. Federal government is not involved.

https://www.borderpatrolmuseum.com/about/

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-you-cant-buy-glock-47-gun-only-us-customs-and-border-protection-have-them-100367?amp

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/11/glock-g47-cbp/amp/

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-awards-contract-duty-handguns

Facts about the Border Patrol Museum

The NEW Glock 47 (and New G19 and G26 DHS/Mod1) Pistols!
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The OP information is greatly appreciated!  I EOD'd in the USBP in June of 1968 & left in 1975 to join a different Fed LEO position.  I've lost track of a number of friends since I retired in 1993.  I just contacted the BP Museum to ascertain if they maintain any records of living & deceased members & any contact information.
I do have the first issued BP Commemorative, a S&W Mdl. 66 that came out in the early 1970's which I still have.  It's probably worth more as a shooter than a collection piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to their site, they have records of every BP class going back to 1924 including names that attended.
If you were ever there, they will know.

How will you verify the eligibility of a person who wishes to purchase the weapon?
We have access to class rosters going back to 1924. Your name will be checked against those rosters.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I had never even heard of the 47. Interdasting.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm surprised Lipseys haven't done it yet actually.

I would be down for a non MOS slide 47 so I could have the optic cut I want done and put it on a 19 frame. I've wanted a 19L for a while.
View Quote

Hell, I surprised Arfcom hasn't done it yet.  We've pulled off some neat stuff in the past.  It maybe as simple as no one has thought of the idea yet....

Would have to have a lot of folks commit to it though.  I would think at least a thousand participants with deposit in hand, minimum.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The issue I have is some double mag pouches are so close that when I go to reload the rear mag gets caught on the mag I'm reloading with and it hits the dirt. I switched to individual EssTac kywis so I could create some space on my belt. I just spent some time down is Tucson helping out.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
At least they are guarding access to something.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck that.
View Quote

Well, when you call up Glock and order 20k pistols they will make whatever you want.  Has nothing to do with the King's Men.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

According to their site, they have records of every BP class going back to 1924 including names that attended.
If you were ever there, they will know.

View Quote

Weird. I just turned 119 so I guess I'm good.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder why they (Glock) don't. Lack of demand? Cutting into the market for other models?

@Aimless
Not sure why.

In other news a G47 was probably  used today for this.
Headline says wounded. Illegal alien died at the hospital

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-investigating-shooting-texas-border-patrol-facility-left-migrant-wounded
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

CBP/(USBP/OFO) put out a statement of work (SOW) with certain specs to be met. Glock won the contract.

The United States Border Patrol museum is privately funded and receives zero tax dollars/public money.

The museum reached out to Glock about making a commerative G47 for sale to current and former/retired Border Patrol Agents to buy and Glock agreed.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-you-cant-buy-glock-47-gun-only-us-customs-and-border-protection-have-them-100367?amp

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/cbp-awards-contract-duty-handguns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7N0LuOlKKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcHgbxMqLY0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet Glock has some contract with the Border Patrol to not sell these to anyone else that BP waived to allow some private sales to employees/retired employees. Otherwise they'd be available or someone like Lipseye's would have done it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7N0LuOlKKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcHgbxMqLY0

If it takes proprietary model specific mags, no wonder glock would want to sell it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:30:02 AM EDT
[#36]
I’ll be grabbing one! I love my 19X and after using the features I’m faster with Gen5 features than Gen3 guns. Shooting in matches with stock pistols I seem to have more mag change issues with Gen3’s. This will likely be my first pistol with a RDS also.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
About a 15 minute drive away over Transmountain..
View Quote

Are you a BP agent?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If it takes proprietary model specific mags, no wonder glock would want to sell it.
View Quote

@sq40

Not quite.

The G47 is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazines.

The CBP/USBP specific G26 (for plain clothes/undercover work) is the one that differs from the regular one. Also not sold to the public.

The CBP specific G26 has slightly  longer magwell to accommodate an 11 round magazines, as opposed ro the regular G26 which uses 10 round magazines.

A regular 10 round G26 magazine will fit in the magwell but is too short to engage the magazine release.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are you a BP agent?
View Quote

No...gross.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No...gross.
View Quote

We need passport checkers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We need passport checkers.
View Quote

And we need baby sitters

To be fair, here in our AOR we have a good relationship with you all. At least at my level.

I have a buddy that used to be mounted, he went blue, then left for Houston PD, wants me to go to the museum and get a pair of of spurs for him. They even know who is mounted there or wasn't..guys are tripping over over a gun if they can buy it or not..think they're made over spurs?

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]
They’ve changed the photo and it looks like it’s getting a billboard laser engraved onto it. I went from absolutely to pass just like that…
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And we need baby sitters

To be fair, here in our AOR we have a good relationship with you all. At least at my level.

I have a buddy that used to be mounted, he went blue, then left for Houston PD, wants me to go to the museum and get a pair of of spurs for him. They even know who is mounted there or wasn't..guys are tripping over over a gun if they can buy it or not..think they're made over spurs?

View Quote

Can't argue with you on the babysitting part. Two more years with this shit show. Luckily we don't get many quitters where I'm at. Maybe five groups a week. The rest we get to actually chase.

Honestly looking forward to this pistol from a collectors standpoint because while its awful on the eyes, there aren't any 47s in the wild and there never will be except for this batch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They’ve changed the photo and it looks like it’s getting a billboard laser engraved onto it. I went from absolutely to pass just like that…
View Quote

It'll be worth 2Gs more than you paid for it, as soon as you buy it.... Yes, that roll mark is absolute shit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Had the 47 and really liked it, including  the mags and base plates. Never had a snag issue.
View Quote

Snag issue isn't infrequent, but it's also wildly inconsistent.  Some mags won't break, some snag a seatbelt and dump their contents on the seat.  Some snag on fences and disappear out of open top pouches.  Some just tear apart.  Some don't.

P2000 floorplates used to separate, splitting the rubber toe section loose and leaving the actual mag floorplate intact.  Same usage caused it, just now it's functional and not cosmetic.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://www.borderpatrolmuseum.com/pistolfaq/

Kind of neat. They can order a 47 for $ 750 and can order multiple pistols. I'm sure no one will buy any with the intent to flip them. Can't request specific serial numbers
View Quote

Abramski v US (SCOTUS, 2014) said that purchasing a pistol with the intent to resell it is a straw purchase even if you transfer it through an FFL.
Abramski was an LEO in VA who bought a Blue Label Glock and shipped it to an FFL in PA for his relative to pick up. During performance of a search warrant on Abramski's home, a cancelled check from the relative with the memo "Glock" was found in his home, they did some digging, and bam, he was hit federal charges for straw purchase because the date on the check predated when he bought the Glock. (he was under suspicion of something else, but it's the only charge they put on him IIRC)

The SCOTUS ruling was 5-4, with Scalia ending his dissent saying "The Court makes it a federal crime for one lawful gun owner to buy a gun for another lawful gun owner. Whether or not that is a sensible result, the statutes Congress enacted do not support it—especially when, as is appropriate, we resolve ambiguity in those statutes in favor of the accused." As the Rule of Lenity normally requires any ambiguity in statutory construction be resolved in the defendant's favor, not the state's. In this case, the majority ruled for the state's favor, because icky guns.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Neat.

I was able to buy my old G22 when we upgraded a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top