Quoted:
Nice looking boat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Where is the trolling motor?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
For the love of God please take a boating course, especially since that's not a small Jon boat that you can beat up.  Most people think that just because they can (somewhat) drive a car they can drive a boat and they're wrong.  Having spent a lot of time on the water including living on the local lake for some years, most folks are dangerous and don't know it.   Keep your safety gear up to date and available, do routine maintenance.  Make sure that your lights are all bright and in working conditions, especially if you plan to camp on it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, looks great. As has been said over and over in this thread, never skip on the maintenance and if you don't have any boating experience, take some classes and educate yourself. Also, I cannot stress enough the use of PFD's. After you pull a few drowning victims from the water, you learn to respect any body of water.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Fiberglass boat with an IO? That just seems like a maintenance nightmare. But I'm in the PNW and this place is not kind to fiberglass boats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn! Looks great to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it use big nut coal for fuel

New or used? appears to be 80k-120k
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You must own a lot of guns

ETA nice boat
View Quote
Funny story...I bought these the morning I bought the boat. I would not have purchased these if I had known I was signing on the boat that afternoon. All future gun sales are temporarily suspended...Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice boat. Hope you're keeping it slipped somewhere and not planning to trailer it every time you use it. That boat will not be fun to deal with at the ramp. If trailering make sure to pre-rig everything beforehand, and practice your backing in a parking lot until you get comfortable. Take your time docking and remember to always dock into the current if at all possible. Remember boats don't have brakes. Learn the navigational rules and try to follow them even if others don't. That thing can throw some decent wake, so don't be an asshole. Have fun!
View Quote
So I guess this is as big as you can trailer without a permit? I do not have a trailer as of now. Plan to slip at a friend's marina where I'm hoping he gives me a good deal. Winter it will go on stilts at his place or get trailered to the dealer where I bought it.

I have a lot to learn...appreciate the advice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Beautiful Boat...Congrat's.....Did you get AC? Boats can get very warm in the cabin at night making it uncomfortable for sleeping.  I have been boating for 55 years and that is a big complaint from people that didn't think they needed it..LOL. The people in the slip next to us have a 270 Sea Ray and didn't get the AC...they said they no longer sleep on it because of lack of AC. The duo prop is a great set up. Salt water or Fresh? Get a GREAT anchor for your bottom where you are boating. Get a stern anchor as well. Lots of fenders. First aid kit. Simple tool kit. Winter service...Summer service...Learn about knots...Boating safety...etc
View Quote
Boat is loaded...AC, generator, spotlight, docking lights, underwater lights, dual screens, bow thrusters...

I'll be on the Potomac or at Lake Anna in Virginia most of the time, so freshwater. May got out to the Chesapeake occasionally.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What the guy above said about take time to study boating Chapmans and/or boating course.  

Also keep up on maintenance. You can do most your self if mechanical.  Not sure if it freezes in winter there but if so drain block etcc..

Docking will be tricky with that layout using fenders to prevent scratches. That the kind of boat that begs for protection if you want it staying shiny with minimum of scratches.  Prerig you lines and fender drops before launching, docking etcc..
View Quote
Thanks man...ordered Chapman's and will dive into it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very nice enjoy, so much for starting small and working your way up.
View Quote
I looked at a Regal 33 first...too big and expensive for a first boat, I thought. I was going to get a bowrider when this one just dropped in my lap. I thought 28' was actually a nice small starter boat..
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Pretty boat. Enjoy it.
Is that the Bravo 3 outdrive?
View Quote
Uhh...Volvo Penta?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a 24' with a cabin (2452 Bayliner)
I put a new 5.7 motor in and we went tubing the other day.  It really didn't like that. Way too heavy. Heated it up a little too much.
View Quote
Wut..? It overheated from pulling a tube?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You buying a trailer for it? if so do you know who's building it?
View Quote
Not sure yet...like everything else right now, I'm told they're expensive and hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What kind of coal does she burn?
View Quote
Nut coal...naturally.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks awesome!  I’d love something like that
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Two happiest days in a boat owner's life:

1. the day you buy it
2. the day you sell it

Boats are a never ending money pit. Enjoy!
View Quote
My family co-owns 4 waterfront restaurants...been around boats my entire life. My stepfather has a 65' that I've started calling the Mothership...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but get yourself a SeaTow membership or BoatUS coverage and don't ever let it lapse. Hopefully you'll never need it but if you ever do....
View Quote
Definitely...my friend owns the local TowBoatUS franchise...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Dry weight on that boat is almost 7600 lbs. Add 73 US gallons of fuel, gear, groceries & fresh water,  people,  batteries (batteries are typically not added in to dry weight), you're going to be somewhere around 9k lbs.

For 350hp to push 9k lbs 45mph , I'm thinking you would need ... let's say... a somewhat unpleasant tailwind.
View Quote
120 gallons of fuel...I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My 7-year-old wants to name it Sea Angel, with a picture of a mermaid above the name...lol.
View Quote
Tits out, like the nose art on a B-17
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I/O  
View Quote
They don't have an outboard option on the 28...8f I ever upgrade to the 33...definitely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He has never owned one, so he does not understand yet.
View Quote
I've been around boats for 30 years...I understand the benefits of an outboard, lol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:59:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He just wants to see boobs.  
View Quote
Ok...now you're selling it...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you come from a family of boaters you know this...open the engine compartment and check the oil before going out for the day. Chances of the oil being low are tiny, but it thoroughly exhausts any built up gas fumes and lets you ensure your (automatic) float switch and bilge pump are working correctly. Then religiously run the fan after refuel for the recommended time period and long slogs at slow speed. Safety warnings are written in blood, and the fume danger with I/Os is real.
View Quote
I'm not someone who will ever forget to run the blower or vent the engine compartment...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweet
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
nice boat. make sure you put the 150k you have set aside for repairs and maintance somewhere its making more than the .1% a savings account pays. money market should get you 1.25% or so.
View Quote
I did 700% in stocks and options last year...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Beautiful boat!  I used to have a 2150 bayliner.  We tubed, spent the night, fished, just had such a great time.  Very sad when I sold it, but it was time.  

I wish you and your fam MANY great years of fun and togetherness (I had sold my motorcycle to buy my bayliner b/c I felt guilty leaving the fam to go riding on beautiful days...I figured I'd get a bike again after the kids got older).  

OKAY!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE tell me that that is NOT the Volvo Penta composite (read: plastic) XDP outdrive.  I couldn't tell in the pics.  If it is, we need to talk.

As someone else said, get an old copy of Chapman's.  Try to track down a copy of The Power Boating Bible (it might be out of print...I also might have a spare somewhere if you can't find one).

Our jam on day trips was to keep a bag of one of those alfredo family chicken meals in the freezer...one frying pan and you had a decent meal for the whole fam.
View Quote
Not sure about the drive...it is a Volvo Penta and yes, I've heard some "things"...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm a Regal Dealer and have that almost identical boat in my showroom now. Let me know if I can help out at all and enjoy that boat!
View Quote
I will remember this...thank you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Were they sold out of Four Winns boats, OP??   :(

kidding........nice looking ride!!     congrats!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For the love of God please take a boating course, especially since that's not a small Jon boat that you can beat up.  Most people think that just because they can (somewhat) drive a car they can drive a boat and they're wrong.  Having spent a lot of time on the water including living on the local lake for some years, most folks are dangerous and don't know it.   Keep your safety gear up to date and available, do routine maintenance.  Make sure that your lights are all bright and in working conditions, especially if you plan to camp on it.
View Quote
My step-dad has a 100-ton license. I've been around boating a long time. I definitely have plenty to learn, but I already have a VA boating license and a few classes under my belt. This boat comes with 30 hours of in-water training with a captain too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does it use big nut coal for fuel

New or used? appears to be 80k-120k
View Quote
New, $162k; msrp is $200k with its features...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

1. the day you buy it
2. the day you sell it

View Quote

Wrong. I’m happy every time I go out on my boat. It’s never cost me anything more than preventative maintenance and registration costs. Let me guess, you don’t own a boat or bought someone else’s problem
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Enjoy. There is very little in life better than a nice day on the water.

Btw, that tired screed about happiest days in a boat owners life, is usually repeated by people who have never owned boats and are terrified of water.
View Quote

You’re not wrong and I’ve uninvited people out on my boat for saying stupid shit like that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two best days of a man's life.

The day he buys a boat.

...and the day he sells it.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Let’s see your boats
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]
$500 to fill that sucker lol

Hours per gallon ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wrong. I’m happy every time I go out on my boat. It’s never cost me anything more than preventative maintenance and registration costs. Let me guess, you don’t own a boat or bought someone else’s problem
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. the day you buy it
2. the day you sell it

You get free fuel?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Have fun.  But you better learn to work on the damn thing or else your going to go broke.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
120 gallons of fuel...I think.
View Quote

Holy shit!!!  Although you will probably need it for a boat that size  Ours has a 40gallon tank which is pretty big for a 20 footer and I hate filling that thing up, can't imagine 3x that!
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Hope it has AC or you will be miserable.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hope it has AC or you will be miserable.
View Quote
It does...I'm hearing this from a lot of people now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#44]
If you have freezing winters, there is water in your engine not antifreeze.

I found out what a soft plug is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If you have freezing winters, there is water in your engine not antifreeze.

I found out what a soft plug is.
View Quote
Boat will have to be winterized each year for sure...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top