Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So like a Circle K with a few more gas pumps and a beaver?
View Quote
Fail
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was growing up in SE NM I used to put ketchup on my Allsup's burrito.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When I was growing up in SE NM I used to put ketchup on my Allsup's burrito.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That place (one in Ga) is a damn madhouse... don't care if I go again.

Sandwich I had was good.
View Quote

Buc-ees has the best gas station brisket ever, and boy do they churn them out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I saw lots of "VanLife" type rides in the lot. I wondered how long you could live in the parking lot. haha
View Quote

They don't allow overnight parking.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Their BBQ is bottom of the barrel.

Their restrooms are worth stopping for.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a bad business model for a couple of Aggies, huh?
For commercial BBQ, it ain't bad. The other sandwiches, the breakfast items, and the sausage and cheese platters can be hit or miss though.

As far as the Alsup's burrito goes, that is some of the finest 300-mile gas station food ever. You eat one and 300 miles later you are still enjoying it, one way or another.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Buccees are good but the better restroom was the busy bee in Florida. Liked that bathroom more.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyone move here to KY!
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I avoid the big ones like the plague.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Good God - There's not a single one of them wearing a mask!

AND WHERE IS THE SOCIAL DISTANCING???!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#15]
They’re definitely cleaner than the average gas station.

What are you supposed to get there?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Used to live 30 minutes from the one in San Marcus. I rarely went.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty sure Paris, TX would look similar.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a gas station. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They’re definitely cleaner than the average gas station.

What are you supposed to get there?
View Quote

Bohemian garlic beef jerky.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Drove past that at beginning of month and it was closed. I love getting gas there.  Towing a 35 foot travel trailer the large spaces make getting gas easy
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I love Bucc-ee's!

Decent food and super clean restrooms 24/7.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I dig them. Great place to get ethanol free fuel for the race bike and Diesel fuel that was .50 cents a gallon less than other stations this past week. Breakfast tacos are good. Employees get paid 15.00+ an hour and are always happy.
View Quote

Cheapest gas between South Florida and Atlanta.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bite your tongue, there are no fat girls in Kentucky!  
View Quote

Just Fat women ;)
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I think we went to the same Buccees. Their caramel corn is great. Liked seeing subversive-message Gruntstyle shirts for sale to the masses. Bathrooms are clean.

It was an alright place to stop.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Try the ghost pepper jerky if you like it warm.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Circle K bought a local C store group and turned them into dumps in less than 4 months
7-11   bought a  Stripes C store group and turned them into dumps in less than 4 months
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Don't get me started on that shit show.  My wife is a native Texan, so I always heard how awesome and wonderful HEB and buc-ees is (they're right about HEB).  So every time we go by one we have to stop.  The last time I was in one it was just like you describe, and this wasn't a new store, it's just the way it is.  Over 100 gas pumps and not a single one open, people circling the parking lot waiting for one to open up.  The inside was so packed full of people you literally had to push and squeeze your way through the crowd to move through the store.  Had to wait in line for the bathroom that everyone says is so amazing like you're trying to get on a roller coaster at a theme park during spring break   Never did get to one of their OVER ONE HUNDRED gas pumps, so we went across the street to the shell station where there wasn't a single car and paid 10 or 15 cents/gallon less.

Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Buc-ees is one of my mandatory stops in Texas always. I really love looking at all the Texas themed stuff for sale. And the bucees tshirts and hats and stuff. My bucees tshirt is still like new 3 years later and I wear it once a week always. If you have ever been to a bucees and don’t like it you must be the most miserable prick in the world. It’s a must see. Their food is ok. Bathrooms are the cleanest hands down. I like the Texas ones because of Texas themed stuff. Not sure how I would do if the other states are their own theme.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's a gas station. I don't get it.
View Quote

More like a modern version of a general store combined with a Cracker Barrel's gift shop, a huge fast food and junk food place and 100 gas pumps.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#30]
So how is the food? I assume it is a notch above fast food, but the lines it seems to draw are impressive. Is it cheap for what you get or something? Like the McDonalds of barbecue? I'm just trying to figure out why people line up at a gas station for food.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Circle K bought a local C store group and turned them into dumps in less than 4 months
7-11   bought a  Stripes C store group and turned them into dumps in less than 4 months
View Quote

Most circle k and 7-11 stores are dumps. Just very dirty and ran down. Then again most all gas stations are once you have seen bucees
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So how is the food? I assume it is a notch above fast food, but the lines it seems to draw are impressive. Is it cheap for what you get or something? Like the McDonalds of barbecue? I'm just trying to figure out why people line up at a gas station for food.
View Quote

It's because they are insane.  The food is pretty good.  The jerky is quite good.  But nowhere near worth it to me.  Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Buc-ees is one of my mandatory stops in Texas always. I really love looking at all the Texas themed stuff for sale. And the bucees tshirts and hats and stuff. My bucees tshirt is still like new 3 years later and I wear it once a week always. If you have ever been to a bucees and don’t like it you must be the most miserable prick in the world. It’s a must see. Their food is ok. Bathrooms are the cleanest hands down. I like the Texas ones because of Texas themed stuff. Not sure how I would do if the other states are their own theme.
View Quote

Buc-ees is what MAKES me a miserable prick
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't get me started on that shit show.  My wife is a native Texan, so I always heard how awesome and wonderful HEB and buc-ees is (they're right about HEB).  So every time we go by one we have to stop.  The last time I was in one it was just like you describe, and this wasn't a new store, it's just the way it is.  Over 100 gas pumps and not a single one open, people circling the parking lot waiting for one to open up.  The inside was so packed full of people you literally had to push and squeeze your way through the crowd to move through the store.  Had to wait in line for the bathroom that everyone says is so amazing like you're trying to get on a roller coaster at a theme park during spring break   Never did get to one of their OVER ONE HUNDRED gas pumps, so we went across the street to the shell station where there wasn't a single car and paid 10 or 15 cents/gallon less.

Fuck that place.
View Quote

You are being over dramatic and embellishing too much. I have been to so many bucees across Texas all days and times of the day and week. I have never had to wait for a bathroom or pump. Never had an issue parking. You must be lazy and want the closest spot by the door. I have never been so crowded inside that I can’t move around. And never have I seen a gas station nearby with cheaper gas than bucees. I promise you I have travelled this country more than you and I have been to many more gas stations across the country.
The only bucees that is crowded is the tiny old one that was by surf side. It was basically a 7-11 sized store and can’t hold many people. But if you still disagree, maybe you went to one on the busiest day and time of the year or something. I don’t know. Guess we just had different experiences
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fuck that place.
View Quote

Well right now it's $0.09 a gallon cheaper than the next cheapest place in its entire zip code in Georgia. And $0.24 a gallon cheaper than the Shell nearby.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#36]
I applaud Buc-ee's highly successful psyop that has resulted in this mass hysteria.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I usually stop by the one in Baytown on my way to/from Houston. I like the place and it's busy but not that busy. It always amazes me they have close to 200 pumps and theres a car parked at 98% of them.

I also pass by one in Alabama on the way to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. I NEVER stop at that one, b/c not only is every pump taken, so are all the parking spots and there's a queue of cars just to get into the lot. NO THANKS.

But I do admit, there's something about buc'ee's that draws crowds. A wall of dirt cheap fountain drinks, good price on gas, and hot food that's better than the majority of gas stations in America.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol, OP me and my wife drove there today also.
It was so crowded… small world.

We’ll stop back in after the novelty wears off. We were coming back from the mushroom festival, thought it’d be nice to see what it was about.
View Quote

Lol. So you're not going back?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#39]
A gas station?

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Don't give a fuck about the nay sayers.

Any Buc-cee's is my go-to when I'm on the highway!

Best fucking stop for gas, food and piss/shit stop EVER!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd rather eat a brisket sandwhich than mcdonalds. As far as price, I don't know what each individual item costs, but all I bought was food and I walked out with a 90 dollar receipt
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuck that place.
View Quote

And this happens every single day of the year or just the one time you are complaining about?

Shit happens.

Life goes on.

I paid 30 cents a gallon less than the Shell Station in Byron Ga two weeks ago at Buc-cees with no wait in line and I took a piss and walked out with food and gear in less than 10 minutes.
Maybe I caught them on a good day?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You are being over dramatic and embellishing too much. I have been to so many bucees across Texas all days and times of the day and week. I have never had to wait for a bathroom or pump. Never had an issue parking. You must be lazy and want the closest spot by the door. I have never been so crowded inside that I can’t move around. And never have I seen a gas station nearby with cheaper gas than bucees. I promise you I have travelled this country more than you and I have been to many more gas stations across the country.
The only bucees that is crowded is the tiny old one that was by surf side. It was basically a 7-11 sized store and can’t hold many people. But if you still disagree, maybe you went to one on the busiest day and time of the year or something. I don’t know. Guess we just had different experiences
View Quote

I don't doubt that you have traveled more and been to more gas stations than me.  But you obviously weren't at that buc-ees that day.  Nothing I said was exaggerated or embellished, that place was a mad house.

"The only bucees that is crowded is the tiny old one that was by surf side."  Really??

Edit because I just saw your edit: yeah I don't remember if it was around a holiday when everybody is traveling or what.  But it was ridiculous.  And no every buc-ees hasn't been THAT busy, but it's amazing how often every single pump is full when they have over 100.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:19:45 AM EDT
[#44]
How does WaWa compare to it never been in Buc-ee's they are several hours away from me?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Ha, was there today around 2:30. Yeah…. BUSY!!!!!!
If you saw a couple wIth a baby having a little picnic by the mural at the entrance that was us.

Also, was at the Daytona, FL one a few days prior. Gas was the cheapest, food was decent and cheaper than expected  (had a sliced brisket sandwich and a pulled pork sandwich for $5.99 ea. Wife had chicken tenders with fries and gravy, and we shared a chocolate pie cup Beaver nuggets and jerky are tasty as hell, too).
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Buccees can kiss my ass. Fucking super busy tourist trap china shit selling road wal mart.
No way am I ever going to another one.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:28:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How does WaWa compare to it never been in Buc-ee's they are several hours away from me?
View Quote

WaWa's would be 1/4 size of a Buc-cee's  but a lot cleaner with 50 more restroom stalls and 100 less meth whores.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't doubt that you have traveled more and been to more gas stations than me.  But you obviously weren't at that buc-ees that day.  Nothing I said was exaggerated or embellished, that place was a mad house.

"The only bucees that is crowded is the tiny old one that was by surf side."  Really??

Edit because I just saw your edit: yeah I don't remember if it was around a holiday when everybody is traveling or what.  But it was ridiculous.  And no every buc-ees hasn't been THAT busy, but it's amazing how often every single pump is full when they have over 100.
View Quote

LMFAO!

You should read my Google reviews!!!

Buddy, I travel probably more than you take a shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

LMFAO!

You should read my Google reviews!!!

Buddy, I travel probably more than you take a shit.
View Quote

What's your point?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#50]
I have made it almost 5 decades of life and have never eaten gas station food in my life. I doubt this will change but everyone I ask what the allure of this place it is always the brisket sandwich and clean bathrooms. I’d rather just find a place to get gas, get back on the road and not waste time in a “store” … guess I’ll check my hillbilly card for an expiration date.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top