BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.

First of all, I don't think I heard anyone outside of Arfcom talking about Gillette. That "boycott" simply didn't have much scale or enthusiasm to it. The Bud Light conversation is everywhere. Friends, coworkers, neighbors, and randos I meet in public are all talking about it, and it's plastered all over social media. And drinking Bud products will open the door for shit-talking in bars and other public spaces? Yeah... huge difference.

The other thing that is missed in this conversation is market demographics. Gillette has their big Venus line for women, and a lot of household hygiene products are selected/purchased by women. Meanwhile, by volume, I don't think it's crazy to speculate that 80%+ of beer is consumed by straight men. It could be higher than that. The percentage of women that drink beer period is relatively low, and the percentage that drink it regularly in volume is probably microscopic. When your market is straight dudes, making a tranny the face of your brand and saying you want to move on from "frat boys" is one hell of a choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is literally about Bud's parent company.

So in your comparison, you should be talking about P&G.

Sigh. You don't realize I'm actually giving you a benefit in the argument by not comparing P&G. Look up P&G's performance since their woke campaign.

P&G stock was $96 when Gillette launched the toxic masculinity campaign. Their stock today is $153.

Yeah. Go woke, go broke. That'll ring true.

They have literally added $135 BILLION to their market cap since they launched their woke campaign.
I didn't say a boycott of P&G or Gillette worked at all. I just explained how difficult the boycott is/was compared to this simple boycott of InBev.

Comparing these two boycotts is ridiculous.

This.

First of all, I don't think I heard anyone outside of Arfcom talking about Gillette. That "boycott" simply didn't have much scale or enthusiasm to it. The Bud Light conversation is everywhere. Friends, coworkers, neighbors, and randos I meet in public are all talking about it, and it's plastered all over social media. And drinking Bud products will open the door for shit-talking in bars and other public spaces? Yeah... huge difference.

The other thing that is missed in this conversation is market demographics. Gillette has their big Venus line for women, and a lot of household hygiene products are selected/purchased by women. Meanwhile, by volume, I don't think it's crazy to speculate that 80%+ of beer is consumed by straight men. It could be higher than that. The percentage of women that drink beer period is relatively low, and the percentage that drink it regularly in volume is probably microscopic. When your market is straight dudes, making a tranny the face of your brand and saying you want to move on from "frat boys" is one hell of a choice.

Proctor and gamble took an almost 7 billion dollar impairment to their shavecare business around 2020….  The boycot worked
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Drink local, fuck these globalist WEF-ball gargling ESG Corporations.

Know where your money goes.

https://dynamic-media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-o/04/86/2e/ce/summit-brewing-company.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1

https://www.bevindustry.com/ext/resources/issues/2014_March/SMT_BottleLineup_YearRound_feat.jpg?t=1394139918&width=696

One of the real gems for craft beer in this part of the world is Junkyard.  No drag show bullshit, just beer and hymns on Sunday mornings.

https://hpr1.com/images/uploads/article_images/3604/junkyard__lightbox.jpg
View Quote
The trouble with a lot of craft/microbrew places is they are swarming with lefty, flannel-wearing soyjaks. You have to be really fortunate to have one locally that isn't like that.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
“We just want to get married”
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sort of.

I read a piece yesterday that said Yeungling partnered with Molson Coors for more favorable distribution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-molson-coors-yuengling/molson-coors-enters-jv-to-brew-and-sell-yuengling-beers-in-west-coast-idUKKBN2662JW

View Quote
That's fucking awesome.

Yuengling is nowhere out West.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Proctor and gamble took an almost 7 billion dollar impairment to their shavecare business around 2020….  The boycot worked
View Quote

Lol, no it didn't. That's not how goodwill write offs work.

P&G overpaid for Gillette to acquire it. It knew it overpaid. It took a write-off IMMEDIATELY upon closing the deal, and chose to defer the rest.

It's non-cash and has jack shit to do with sales performance. Like I've already said Gillette's sales went up, not down.
It went up 4% that year, to be exact. Profits climbed by over 9% in the same period.

P&G had a difficult decade in the 2010s under Bob McDonald and thus there was no reason to take a non-cash write off.  Now that business is doing much better it made sense to offset those gains.

It's in the annual report. Maybe you all should actually read a K10 or annual report sometimes instead of hearing what your uncle told you at Thanksgiving and taking it as gospel.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually S&P is up exactly 50% since the same time period.

So it outperformed the market 9%, or roughly 20% more gain..

I don't call a woke company beating returns by 20% while giving a dividend yield over 1%/yr better than the S&P average yield "going broke."

It simply does NOT square.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you're saying that P&G stock is up about 59% since Jan 2019? Underperforming the market over a 5-year period doesn't seem like a big win to me. I'm not a financial wizard though.

S&P 500 is up like 65% over the same time frame.

Actually S&P is up exactly 50% since the same time period.

So it outperformed the market 9%, or roughly 20% more gain..

I don't call a woke company beating returns by 20% while giving a dividend yield over 1%/yr better than the S&P average yield "going broke."

It simply does NOT square.

Why do you care about this enough to make it a thread crusade?

What good purpose does it serve?

Do you really think people can't figure out if a company is doing good or not without you telling them?

Do you work for or distribute for AB or something?

ETA: if you want to help, stop peeing on everyone's leg and saying it's raining. Be helpful (and that does not mean stop saying things people don't agree with it means you are acting like you want the wrong result)
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Now look at any other Fortune 100 company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man.

It's FAR worse than we thought!

Now look at any other Fortune 100 company.

We've known, this is on a level expected stuff, but it's still always bad to see.

If you have to start somewhere, this seems like a decent place to start.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ab InBev is going nowhere.   They own almost ALL the beer an overwhelming majority of Americans drink. You’re delusional to think they won’t survive a few folks upset about transsexual stuff.
View Quote

What apparently won't survive is Bud Lite's lock on #1 beer in the USA.

Imagine Ford did something to piss off pickup buyers and dethrone F150 from the 'most popular car' position.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's embarrassingly simple.
It's good for your soul.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it illegal to make your own beer?
Is it immoral to make beer?  

It's embarrassingly simple.
It's good for your soul.

The only problem is that AB/Inbev also owns the two biggest homebrew equipment and ingredient suppliers. There are smaller suppliers though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12073415/Beer-analyst-says-rot-Anheuser-Busch-started-family-member-left-focus-shifted.html

Beer analyst says Anheuser Busch went off rails when last family member - August Anheuser Busch III - retired and focus went from humor and sport to Miami art fair and Dylan Mulvaney

Anheuser Busch suffered after parting with its founding dynasty, a beer analyst has claimed
   Harry Schumacher said the iconic brand lost touch after shifting focus from sports and humor to sponsoring art fairs
   It comes after the beer giant lost over $6 billion in the aftermath of its infamous Dylan Mulvaney marketing campaign

By Will Potter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:32 EDT, 11 May 2023 | Updated: 18:23 EDT, 11 May 2023

A beer analyst has pinpointed the moment that Anheuser-Busch began its billion-dollar decline, slamming the iconic brand's shift away from sport and humor after its founding dynasty lost control of the company. 

Harry Schuhmacher, a 30-year veteran of the beer business and podcast host, said the brewery was doomed as soon as family patriarch - August Anheuser Busch III - retired from the company in 2006. 

'I always looked up to and feared Anheuser Busch,' Schuhmacher said. 'They were the most respected, they knew the market better than anybody... August III knew that sports and humor were the way to get in.' 

The company has made a series of marketing blunders in recent times, with Schuhmacher pointing to Anheuser Busch's involvement in ritzy art fair Art Basel Miami Beach as a prime example of it losing touch. 

He said: 'It doesn't have to be NFL Football, I get it. But not Art Basel in Miami...'

The firm displayed limited edition cans created for its brand Michelob at the snooty event earlier this year, PRNewswire reported.  

While Busch's old leadership saw the brand roll out hilarious adverts and focus on fan-friendly sports marketing, a new executive lineup has since reversed course. 

Speaking on the BeerNet Studios podcast, Schuhmacher slammed the brand's demise, saying: 'So many people depend on Bud Light for their income.' 

'I feel bad for Bud Light, and I feel bad for the employees and distributors who have to go out in the market and deal with this b*******.' 

The beer giant has come under mounting scrutiny for pushing woke advertising in its marketing campaigns, most notably through its recent collaboration with trans star Dylan Mulvaney. 

Amid severe backlash that saw loyal customers turn on the company and boycott its products, the brand lost over $6 billion. 

Schuhmacher said the mistake came due to a change of identity from previous decades of successful advertising, a shift that he says 'created blind spots'. 

Anheuser Busch was previously known for its marketing expertise. Pictured: A Budweiser advertisement from 1960

In decades past, the brand became known for its humorous, often-raunchy advertising, including a notorious 1994 ad that saw men wearing wigs and dresses to participate in a bar's ladies pool tournament. 

But following the fallout of its Dylan Mulvaney advertising push, the company has come under fire for pushing woke marketing on the masses. 

Lambasting the fall of a dominant business he once feared and respected, the beer fanatic said that Bud Light's former leadership had a much firmer grasp on the market than today. 

'August III knew that sports and humor were the way to get in,' he added. 

'Yes I'm upset - I'm not throwing stones at any (Anheuser Busch) employees, I'm saying that this was a culture that started in 2008.' 

August III retired from the company in 2006, while his son, August IV, remained as CEO until the company was bought by InBev two years later. 

Adolphus Busch, the son in law of Anheuser Brewery founder Eberhard Anheuser, oversaw the emergence of the iconic beer brand in the late 1800's

August Busch Jr, pictured in 1955, ran the company from 1946 until he was ousted by his son August III in 1975 

August Anheuser Busch III was the great-grandson of the founder of the company, Adolphus Busch. He served as the company's chairman from 1975 until 2006. 

However, his rise to the top of the company only occurred after he forced out his father 'Gussie' Busch Jr in a boardroom coup, despite his father being credited for transforming the company into the world's largest and most powerful brewery since he took the helm in 1946. 

The company had already grown to national prominence by the 1880s, distributing over 140,000 barrels a year under the guidance of original brewery founder Eberhard Anheuser and his son-in-law, Adolphus Busch. By 2023, that figure has grown to roughly 100 million barrels. 

Following decades of dominance in the beer industry, the company's landmark sale in July 2008 brought an end to 156-years of family control, a moment now noted as the beginning of the firm's troubles. 
View Quote

Can't say I find it surprising.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My local AB distributor began doing radio ads explaining that they are a patriotic, local company that had nothing to do with the controversial national ad and that they certainly do not approve of it. I'm talking at least 4 spots an hour on who knows how many local stations.
View Quote

They're preaching to the wrong choir... maybe they should tell AB.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think Bud will every recover from this unless enough people keep buying their other brands.  I talk to a lot of people every week in different cities every day and this isn't going away.  Even the mention of Bud Light gets people riled up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.westernjournal.com/bud-light-hit-devastating-news-april-sales-numbers-come-bloodbath/

Bud Light Hit with Devastating News as April Sales Numbers Come In: It's a Bloodbath
 By Johnathan Jones  May 9, 2023 at 10:51am

Bud Light crossed a line with many of its customers in March when it married its once-beloved brand with transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch InBev, the beer brand’s Belgian parent company, has been scrambling for more than a month to deal with the fallout from that decision.

The advertising firm that placed Mulvaney’s face on a can of America’s best-selling beer has been let go by the company while the marketing geniuses who made it all happen are said to be sidelined.

Bud Light appeared so desperate to court conservatives back that it resorted to putting country music in a recent ad that was obvious in its attempts to pander to everyday Americans:

Trending:
Trump Breaks Silence on Bud Light Controversy with 3 Words That Americans Have Made Anheuser-Busch Understand

While anecdotal, all of the initial evidence has pointed to the fact that conservative America has made its voice heard.

But now some raw numbers are in, and they are not good for the formerly great and formerly American-owned brewer.

On Monday, Beer Business Daily, an industry publication, shared domestic beer sales numbers for April that show the company felt the sting of conservative anger through plummeting sales.

“The April scan numbers are hot off the press from NIQ. All numbers for the four weeks ending April 29,” the outlet reported. “As a benchmark, total beer volumes were down 3.2%, with dollars up 1.8%.”

As for sheer sales volume, Beer Business Daily reported Anheuser-Busch was down 12.5 percent in the four weeks after Bud Light shoved Mulvaney and his agenda onto its customers.

Meanwhile, per the outlet, sales of Molson Coors products were up 7.6 percent during the same period while beers under the Constellation banner were up 3.8 percent.

The independent Yuengling, America’s oldest brewer, also saw a big boost in sales.

“Bud Light was down 21.4% while Coors Light was up 10.9% and Miller Lite up 12.8%,” the report said. “Budweiser was down 11.5% while Yuengling was up 14.7% and Coors Banquet up 20.5%.”

Beer Business Daily added that Miller Genuine Draft was up 3.7 percent while sales of two of Anheuser-Busch’s flagship beers – Busch and Natural Light – were down 5.3 percent and 6 percent, respectively.
Related:
Elon Musk Announces He Will No Longer Be CEO of Twitter

Simultaneously, throughout April, Keystone Light sales increased by 5.3 percent, while Pabst beers saw a sales increase of 14.3 percent.

April scan numbers are in, and it’s not pretty. https://t.co/rQpbewD1Vx pic.twitter.com/DtZbqQLKKQ

— Beer Business Daily (@BeerBizDaily) May 8, 2023

Bud Light could mount some kind of a comeback as the Mulvaney backlash inevitably fades, but the damage done to its brand might be much worse than initial sales numbers.

The beer has become a laughingstock across social media and is now as synonymous with men playing dress-up as it is with low calories and Clydesdales.

Users on Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube remain unrelenting in connecting Bud Light to cross-dressing in posts that are seen by millions of people.

No matter what the future holds for the once-iconic brand, the point is conservatives united against “woke” corporate America after it crossed a red line in the sand.

A grassroots campaign to boycott its products worked.

There are millions of conservative Americans whose voices have finally been heard, while a road map for combating corrupt corporate values has been forged.

Boycotts launched by the left have been successful in extorting companies to bow to their demands for years. Now, conservatives wield that same power just as long as we are willing to remain resilient and united.

It’s important to remember that Bud Light didn’t simply validate a deranged man’s delusions of being a woman.

It took a side in a war that at its core is about promoting the mutilation of children through irreversible gender surgeries and hormone treatments.

Anheuser-Busch chose the wrong side in a battle it didn’t need to enter, and conservatives have forced the company to pay dearly for it.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they apologize and admit men are men and women are women, the backlash will be 1000 fold and the company will cease to exist.

If they let it play out, they'll recover in relatively short order as people (choose to) forget (see the NFL).
View Quote
I haven't forgiven the NFL.  Heck, I still haven't forgiven the MLB for the strike that canceled the World Series.  AB will never see another dime from me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The big problem will be that no matter what AB does they will never get all of the market share back. Regular customers stared experimenting and they will find one they like.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Beer Business Daily
@BeerBizDaily
April scan numbers are in, and it's not pretty.
http://beernet.com

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, sounds like a WONDERFUL place to work at, really "light and inclusive and airy" - The following is from America First Legal:

https://aflegal.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/EEOC-Complaint_Anheuser-Busch-AB-InBev-Corporation-Final-Letter.pdf

April 17, 2023

David Davis, Director (acting)
Andrea Baran, Regional Attorney
St. Louis District Office
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Robert A. Young Federal Building

Investigation Request: AB InBev

Dear Mr. Davis and Ms. Baran:

America First Legal Foundation (“AFL”) is a national, nonprofit organization working to protect the rule of law, due process, and equal protection for all Americans. We write, pursuant to 29 C.F.R. § 1601.6(a), seeking issuance of a Commissioner’s charge for an inquiry into individual or systemic discrimination by AB InBev (“Anheuser- Busch”).1 Anheuser-Busch is a publicly traded corporation with its North American subsidiary Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC headquartered at One Busch Place, St. Louis, Missouri, 63118.2

Federal law forbids discrimination by an employer against an employee or potential employee “because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”3 Likewise, an employer cannot “limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”4 Finally, it is an unlawful employment practice for any employer to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in admission to, or employment in, any program established to provide apprenticeship or other training.5

The evidence is that Anheuser-Busch is knowingly, intentionally, and unlawfully discriminating based on race, color, national origin, and sex with respect to employment and job training opportunities. For example, the Anheuser-Busch 2023 Leadership Accelerator Program provides “formal mentorship, executive interaction, and leadership development curriculum for those who identify with historically underrepresented groups as they join our organization in a full-time capacity.”6 The program description states: “We encourage candidates who identify as Black, Latinx, and Native American to apply, as well as those who identify with a historically underrepresented group.” This is not a regular corporate program – rather, the company describes the role as focusing on “hiring the next generation of leaders within the North American Sustainability and Procurement department.” In other words, it is a fast-track program to executive leadership positions at Anheuser- Busch and it is limited to candidates based on race. The proforma Equal Opportunity Employer language at the end of the posting does mask the company’s discriminatory intent and purpose.

The Anheuser-Busch 2022 Annual Report highlights its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (“DEI”) initiative as a global priority for AB InBev’s Senior Leadership Team and reports that it created a Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council chaired by the company’s chief executive officer. “The Council is dedicated to collaborating on impactful decisions and championing DEI at the highest levels of the organization.” Anheuser-Busch’s Annual Report notes that its DEI strategy has driven “results,” including an increase in women in the Senior Leadership Team with “the overall representation of women in top leadership positions in our company” growing by “2 percentage points compared to the last reporting year.”7 In fact, Anheuser-Busch’s Annual Report has a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section almost entirely dedicated to the growth of only women in the workforce.8

The company’s 2022 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report9 further reports sex-based hiring during the years 2017 to 2022,10 a job training program based on national origin launched by its Presidente brand in the United States and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund “for Hispanic students interested in a career in sports,”11 and an explicitly race-based scholarship and internship program launched by Budweiser and the United Negro College Fund to “support[] 25 Black college students” interested in the brewing industry, and to “provide[] five Black college students with real-world experience as interns in Anheuser-Busch’s Brewery Trainee Program.”12

A Commissioner’s charge is particularly appropriate here because there is ample reason to believe that Anheuser-Busch has knowingly and intentionally violated federal law and will continue to do so. The corporation has chosen to promote and use employment practices that are both patently illegal and deeply harmful. Discrimination based on immutable characteristics such as race, color, national origin, or sex “generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely to ever be undone.”13 More broadly, Anheuser-Busch’s employment practices foment contention and resentment–they are “odious and destructive.”14 It truly “is a sordid business, this divvying us up” by race or sex.15

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

/s/ Nicholas R. Barry
Nicholas R. Barry
America First Legal Foundation

Cc:
The Honorable Charlotte A. Burrows, Commission Chair
The Honorable Jocelyn Samuels, Commission Vice Chair
The Honorable Keith E. Sonderling, Commissioner
The Honorable Andrea R. Lucas, Commissioner
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I use to make my own beer and it was better than the AB crap and most other beers. This was before the surge in micro breweries. I'm strongly considering doing it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it illegal to make your own beer?
Is it immoral to make beer?  

No, and no.

I use to make my own beer and it was better than the AB crap and most other beers. This was before the surge in micro breweries. I'm strongly considering doing it again.

I’m starting again too myself.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

P&G overpaid for Gillette to acquire it. It knew it overpaid. It took a write-off IMMEDIATELY upon closing the deal, and chose to defer the rest.

It's non-cash and has jack shit to do with sales performance. Like I've already said Gillette's sales went up, not down.
It went up 4% that year, to be exact. Profits climbed by over 9% in the same period.

P&G had a difficult decade in the 2010s under Bob McDonald and thus there was no reason to take a non-cash write off.  Now that business is doing much better it made sense to offset those gains.

It's in the annual report. Maybe you all should actually read a K10 or annual report sometimes instead of hearing what your uncle told you at Thanksgiving and taking it as gospel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm normally not here to shit on people, but that's what I am about to do:

its funny how you said they immediately impaired their goodwill for the premium paid when PG acquired Gillette and that I should open a 10k and not listen to my uncle.  Everything you said in that sentence is fucking false.  absolutely fucking false.   not kind of false, not partly true, but absolutely,positively false.

PG bought Gillette and housed it under its shave care division in 2005 so its weird how it took them 14 years to "write-off" their purchase.  At year-end 2019 they did the annual reassessment of the assets on their books and quickly realized that the value of the investment was far below the original BV, causing a significant impairment.

The goodwill amortization in 2019 for a total of 8,345,000,000...

maybe I should open a 10k?  Well, here is the link from when I reviewed the company... PG 2020 10k

I gave you the simplified version that EDGAR uses for morons who don't actually know how to navigate a financial document, but if you want an entire analysis of the situation let me know.

this is the footnote for their segmented results:

"During fiscal 2019, we determined that the estimated fair value of our Shave Care reporting unit was less than its carrying value. We also determined that the estimated fair value of the Gillette indefinite-lived intangible asset was less than its carrying value. As a result, we recorded non-cash impairment charges for both assets. These reductions were due in large part to significant currency devaluations in a number of countries relative to the U.S. dollar, a deceleration of category growth caused by changing grooming habits, primarily in the developed markets, and an increased competitive market environment in the U.S. and certain other markets, which collectively resulted in reduced cash flow projections. A non-cash, before and after-tax impairment charge of $6.8 billion was recognized to reduce the carrying amount of goodwill for the Shave Care reporting unit. Additionally, a non-cash, before-tax impairment charge of $1.6 billion ($1.2 billion after-tax) was recognized to reduce the carrying amount of the Gillette indefinite-lived intangible asset to its estimated fair value as of June 30, 2019"

doesn't sound like sales of the gillette brand in developed markets is exactly what you think...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.westernjournal.com/bud-light-hit-devastating-news-april-sales-numbers-come-bloodbath/

Bud Light Hit with Devastating News as April Sales Numbers Come In: It's a Bloodbath
 By Johnathan Jones  May 9, 2023 at 10:51am

Bud Light crossed a line with many of its customers in March when it married its once-beloved brand with transgender social media influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch InBev, the beer brand’s Belgian parent company, has been scrambling for more than a month to deal with the fallout from that decision.

The advertising firm that placed Mulvaney’s face on a can of America’s best-selling beer has been let go by the company while the marketing geniuses who made it all happen are said to be sidelined.

Bud Light appeared so desperate to court conservatives back that it resorted to putting country music in a recent ad that was obvious in its attempts to pander to everyday Americans:

Trending:
Trump Breaks Silence on Bud Light Controversy with 3 Words That Americans Have Made Anheuser-Busch Understand

While anecdotal, all of the initial evidence has pointed to the fact that conservative America has made its voice heard.

But now some raw numbers are in, and they are not good for the formerly great and formerly American-owned brewer.

On Monday, Beer Business Daily, an industry publication, shared domestic beer sales numbers for April that show the company felt the sting of conservative anger through plummeting sales.

“The April scan numbers are hot off the press from NIQ. All numbers for the four weeks ending April 29,” the outlet reported. “As a benchmark, total beer volumes were down 3.2%, with dollars up 1.8%.”

As for sheer sales volume, Beer Business Daily reported Anheuser-Busch was down 12.5 percent in the four weeks after Bud Light shoved Mulvaney and his agenda onto its customers.

Meanwhile, per the outlet, sales of Molson Coors products were up 7.6 percent during the same period while beers under the Constellation banner were up 3.8 percent.

The independent Yuengling, America’s oldest brewer, also saw a big boost in sales.

“Bud Light was down 21.4% while Coors Light was up 10.9% and Miller Lite up 12.8%,” the report said. “Budweiser was down 11.5% while Yuengling was up 14.7% and Coors Banquet up 20.5%.”

Beer Business Daily added that Miller Genuine Draft was up 3.7 percent while sales of two of Anheuser-Busch’s flagship beers – Busch and Natural Light – were down 5.3 percent and 6 percent, respectively.
Related:
Elon Musk Announces He Will No Longer Be CEO of Twitter

Simultaneously, throughout April, Keystone Light sales increased by 5.3 percent, while Pabst beers saw a sales increase of 14.3 percent.

April scan numbers are in, and it’s not pretty. https://t.co/rQpbewD1Vx pic.twitter.com/DtZbqQLKKQ

— Beer Business Daily (@BeerBizDaily) May 8, 2023

Bud Light could mount some kind of a comeback as the Mulvaney backlash inevitably fades, but the damage done to its brand might be much worse than initial sales numbers.

The beer has become a laughingstock across social media and is now as synonymous with men playing dress-up as it is with low calories and Clydesdales.

Users on Twitter, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube remain unrelenting in connecting Bud Light to cross-dressing in posts that are seen by millions of people.

No matter what the future holds for the once-iconic brand, the point is conservatives united against “woke” corporate America after it crossed a red line in the sand.

A grassroots campaign to boycott its products worked.

There are millions of conservative Americans whose voices have finally been heard, while a road map for combating corrupt corporate values has been forged.

Boycotts launched by the left have been successful in extorting companies to bow to their demands for years. Now, conservatives wield that same power just as long as we are willing to remain resilient and united.

It’s important to remember that Bud Light didn’t simply validate a deranged man’s delusions of being a woman.

It took a side in a war that at its core is about promoting the mutilation of children through irreversible gender surgeries and hormone treatments.

Anheuser-Busch chose the wrong side in a battle it didn’t need to enter, and conservatives have forced the company to pay dearly for it.

View Quote

They are still lying about the numbers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My local AB distributor began doing radio ads explaining that they are a patriotic, local company that had nothing to do with the controversial national ad and that they certainly do not approve of it. I'm talking at least 4 spots an hour on who knows how many local stations.
View Quote

@Thugbuster  Champagne Beverage Company?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

^^^^^  THIS is the answer!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Supposedly they did. I know the owner, Herbie Schilling, and he is supposedly pissed off. Too bad, they need to hurt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@Thugbuster  Champagne Beverage Company?
View Quote
@dlshady Schilling Distriduting Company , Herbert Schilling
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Supposedly they did. I know the owner, Herbie Schilling, and he is supposedly pissed off. Too bad, they need to hurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortunately, Shilling is diversified in the products they sell.  I'm sure this hurts but they should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Bud Light's Brilliant Marketing Move

Ahhh. Fine weapons grade mockery!
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Beer Business Daily
@BeerBizDaily

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvnv1ZHXsAAUlZO.jpg

Wow, sounds like a WONDERFUL place to work at, really "light and inclusive and airy" - The following is from America First Legal:

https://aflegal.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/EEOC-Complaint_Anheuser-Busch-AB-InBev-Corporation-Final-Letter.pdf

April 17, 2023

America First Legal Foundation (“AFL”) is a national, nonprofit organization working to protect the rule of law, due process, and equal protection for all Americans. We write, pursuant to 29 C.F.R. § 1601.6(a), seeking issuance of a Commissioner’s charge for an inquiry into individual or systemic discrimination by AB InBev (“Anheuser- Busch”).1 Anheuser-Busch is a publicly traded corporation with its North American subsidiary Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC headquartered at One Busch Place, St. Louis, Missouri, 63118.2

Federal law forbids discrimination by an employer against an employee or potential employee “because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”3 Likewise, an employer cannot “limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.”4 Finally, it is an unlawful employment practice for any employer to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in admission to, or employment in, any program established to provide apprenticeship or other training.5

The evidence is that Anheuser-Busch is knowingly, intentionally, and unlawfully discriminating based on race, color, national origin, and sex with respect to employment and job training opportunities. For example, the Anheuser-Busch 2023 Leadership Accelerator Program provides “formal mentorship, executive interaction, and leadership development curriculum for those who identify with historically underrepresented groups as they join our organization in a full-time capacity.”6 The program description states: “We encourage candidates who identify as Black, Latinx, and Native American to apply, as well as those who identify with a historically underrepresented group.” This is not a regular corporate program – rather, the company describes the role as focusing on “hiring the next generation of leaders within the North American Sustainability and Procurement department.” In other words, it is a fast-track program to executive leadership positions at Anheuser- Busch and it is limited to candidates based on race. The proforma Equal Opportunity Employer language at the end of the posting does mask the company’s discriminatory intent and purpose.

The Anheuser-Busch 2022 Annual Report highlights its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (“DEI”) initiative as a global priority for AB InBev’s Senior Leadership Team and reports that it created a Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council chaired by the company’s chief executive officer. “The Council is dedicated to collaborating on impactful decisions and championing DEI at the highest levels of the organization.” Anheuser-Busch’s Annual Report notes that its DEI strategy has driven “results,” including an increase in women in the Senior Leadership Team with “the overall representation of women in top leadership positions in our company” growing by “2 percentage points compared to the last reporting year.”7 In fact, Anheuser-Busch’s Annual Report has a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section almost entirely dedicated to the growth of only women in the workforce.8

The company’s 2022 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report9 further reports sex-based hiring during the years 2017 to 2022,10 a job training program based on national origin launched by its Presidente brand in the United States and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund “for Hispanic students interested in a career in sports,”11 and an explicitly race-based scholarship and internship program launched by Budweiser and the United Negro College Fund to “support[] 25 Black college students” interested in the brewing industry, and to “provide[] five Black college students with real-world experience as interns in Anheuser-Busch’s Brewery Trainee Program.”12

A Commissioner’s charge is particularly appropriate here because there is ample reason to believe that Anheuser-Busch has knowingly and intentionally violated federal law and will continue to do so. The corporation has chosen to promote and use employment practices that are both patently illegal and deeply harmful. Discrimination based on immutable characteristics such as race, color, national origin, or sex “generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely to ever be undone.”13 More broadly, Anheuser-Busch’s employment practices foment contention and resentment–they are “odious and destructive.”14 It truly “is a sordid business, this divvying us up” by race or sex.15

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

/s/ Nicholas R. Barry
Nicholas R. Barry

Cc:
View Quote

You know what that sounds like?

It sounds like these companies are hiring DEI academics to come up with these racist policies.

You see, public universities regularly discriminate based on race and have been for decades now.

They're so used to it that they forgot that it's actually not ok and illegal in industry.

Corporate Legal was too scared of the DEI political officers, and let them go ahead with this anyhow.

I hope they get burnt down and this racist pattern across industry exposed. Highly unlikely, however.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If they apologize and admit men are men and women are women, the backlash will be 1000 fold and the company will cease to exist.

If they let it play out, they’ll recover in relatively short order as people (choose to) forget (see the NFL).
View Quote

Lots of shitty beer choices, only one pro football league.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#31]
... Needs no commentary:

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Are the costs of beer regulated in some states? I've never understood the pricing for alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nah she'll get recruited by an activist organization pretty quickly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That dumb marketing bitch who did this is gonna be unemployable now. Like the guy who recorded himself giving the chik-fil-a worker shit at the drive thru window is now having to draw food stamps from the last article I read about him.
Nah she'll get recruited by an activist organization pretty quickly.

Biden will give her a job. Something unimportant and low profile like Ambassador to the UN.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#34]
A manufacturers rebate on... beer?

Am I just totally out of touch or isn't that fucking unusual?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think Bud will every recover from this unless enough people keep buying their other brands.  I talk to a lot of people every week in different cities every day and this isn't going away.  Even the mention of Bud Light gets people riled up.
View Quote

Bud effectively made Bud Light this even if the can is solid blue public perception is:
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:24:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Once again…the left destroys what regular Americans enjoy…they do this to everything…cars,movies,education,music,society…tearing apart the social fabric of this country in the name of diversity and acceptance…
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep and Corona also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I can still drink Modelo without contributing to AB?

Yep and Corona also.

Yep, I switched my keto beer from mic ultras to Corona premiers. Fuck AB. Spuds is rolling in his grave. RIP.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dylan Mulvaney admits to 'having trouble sleeping' since Bud Light backlash erupted - and wonders 'what the psychological effects of being called a man thousands of times a day' will be
Dylan Mulvaney said since the Bud Light partnership she has struggled to sleep
She also said alienating so many people taught her to care less about judgement

Mulvaney suggested as the trans debate in the US has escalated, transphobia has become increasingly blatant, resulting in an inhospitable 'Wild West' for trans people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12070255/Dylan-Mulvaney-says-having-trouble-sleeping-Bud-Light-backlash-erupted.html
View Quote
Perhaps the lack of sleep is over your kind killing others for what they are because of your own psychological damage?

Get busy writing your trannifesto boy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Big social event today. Typically stocked with 40 cases of Bud and Bud Light, 20 cases of Lite and Coors Light. This year has extra Lite and Coors as well as PBR, Yuengling, Coors Banquet, and High Life. Zero AB was purchased.

In fact, there is some discussion about stacking the current stock of Bud Light up around some tannerite and sending it off after dark this evening.

I refuse to believe the naysayers. No one is touching the stuff in my area and certainly no one wants to be seen drinking tranny fluid.

Boycott on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:08:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Beer Business Daily
@BeerBizDaily

April 17, 2023

America First Legal Foundation ("AFL") is a national, nonprofit organization working to protect the rule of law, due process, and equal protection for all Americans. We write, pursuant to 29 C.F.R.   1601.6(a), seeking issuance of a Commissioner's charge for an inquiry into individual or systemic discrimination by AB InBev ("Anheuser- Busch").1 Anheuser-Busch is a publicly traded corporation with its North American subsidiary Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC headquartered at One Busch Place, St. Louis, Missouri, 63118.2

Federal law forbids discrimination by an employer against an employee or potential employee "because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."3 Likewise, an employer cannot "limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."4 Finally, it is an unlawful employment practice for any employer to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in admission to, or employment in, any program established to provide apprenticeship or other training.5

The evidence is that Anheuser-Busch is knowingly, intentionally, and unlawfully discriminating based on race, color, national origin, and sex with respect to employment and job training opportunities. For example, the Anheuser-Busch 2023 Leadership Accelerator Program provides "formal mentorship, executive interaction, and leadership development curriculum for those who identify with historically underrepresented groups as they join our organization in a full-time capacity."6 The program description states: "We encourage candidates who identify as Black, Latinx, and Native American to apply, as well as those who identify with a historically underrepresented group." This is not a regular corporate program   rather, the company describes the role as focusing on "hiring the next generation of leaders within the North American Sustainability and Procurement department." In other words, it is a fast-track program to executive leadership positions at Anheuser- Busch and it is limited to candidates based on race. The proforma Equal Opportunity Employer language at the end of the posting does mask the company's discriminatory intent and purpose.

The Anheuser-Busch 2022 Annual Report highlights its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ("DEI") initiative as a global priority for AB InBev's Senior Leadership Team and reports that it created a Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council chaired by the company's chief executive officer. "The Council is dedicated to collaborating on impactful decisions and championing DEI at the highest levels of the organization." Anheuser-Busch's Annual Report notes that its DEI strategy has driven "results," including an increase in women in the Senior Leadership Team with "the overall representation of women in top leadership positions in our company" growing by "2 percentage points compared to the last reporting year."7 In fact, Anheuser-Busch's Annual Report has a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section almost entirely dedicated to the growth of only women in the workforce.8

The company's 2022 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report9 further reports sex-based hiring during the years 2017 to 2022,10 a job training program based on national origin launched by its Presidente brand in the United States and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund "for Hispanic students interested in a career in sports,"11 and an explicitly race-based scholarship and internship program launched by Budweiser and the United Negro College Fund to "support[] 25 Black college students" interested in the brewing industry, and to "provide[] five Black college students with real-world experience as interns in Anheuser-Busch's Brewery Trainee Program."12

A Commissioner's charge is particularly appropriate here because there is ample reason to believe that Anheuser-Busch has knowingly and intentionally violated federal law and will continue to do so. The corporation has chosen to promote and use employment practices that are both patently illegal and deeply harmful. Discrimination based on immutable characteristics such as race, color, national origin, or sex "generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely to ever be undone."13 More broadly, Anheuser-Busch's employment practices foment contention and resentment they are "odious and destructive."14 It truly "is a sordid business, this divvying us up" by race or sex.15

Sincerely,

/s/ Nicholas R. Barry
Nicholas R. Barry

Cc:
View Quote
Good. I hope they get taken to the cleaners.   These types of programs are blatant discrimination.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#41]
It’s become such a joke in my area that no one wants to be seen drinking it. “Tranny fluid” is what everyone calls it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Perhaps the lack of sleep is over your kind killing others for what they are because of your own psychological damage?

Get busy writing your trannifesto boy.
View Quote

Whats the point? Law Enforcement will hide the manifesto
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good. I hope they get taken to the cleaners.   These types of programs are blatant discrimination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beer Business Daily
@BeerBizDaily

April 17, 2023

America First Legal Foundation ("AFL") is a national, nonprofit organization working to protect the rule of law, due process, and equal protection for all Americans. We write, pursuant to 29 C.F.R.   1601.6(a), seeking issuance of a Commissioner's charge for an inquiry into individual or systemic discrimination by AB InBev ("Anheuser- Busch").1 Anheuser-Busch is a publicly traded corporation with its North American subsidiary Anheuser-Busch Companies, LLC headquartered at One Busch Place, St. Louis, Missouri, 63118.2

Federal law forbids discrimination by an employer against an employee or potential employee "because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."3 Likewise, an employer cannot "limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual's race, color, religion, sex, or national origin."4 Finally, it is an unlawful employment practice for any employer to discriminate against any individual because of his race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in admission to, or employment in, any program established to provide apprenticeship or other training.5

The evidence is that Anheuser-Busch is knowingly, intentionally, and unlawfully discriminating based on race, color, national origin, and sex with respect to employment and job training opportunities. For example, the Anheuser-Busch 2023 Leadership Accelerator Program provides "formal mentorship, executive interaction, and leadership development curriculum for those who identify with historically underrepresented groups as they join our organization in a full-time capacity."6 The program description states: "We encourage candidates who identify as Black, Latinx, and Native American to apply, as well as those who identify with a historically underrepresented group." This is not a regular corporate program   rather, the company describes the role as focusing on "hiring the next generation of leaders within the North American Sustainability and Procurement department." In other words, it is a fast-track program to executive leadership positions at Anheuser- Busch and it is limited to candidates based on race. The proforma Equal Opportunity Employer language at the end of the posting does mask the company's discriminatory intent and purpose.

The Anheuser-Busch 2022 Annual Report highlights its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion ("DEI") initiative as a global priority for AB InBev's Senior Leadership Team and reports that it created a Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council chaired by the company's chief executive officer. "The Council is dedicated to collaborating on impactful decisions and championing DEI at the highest levels of the organization." Anheuser-Busch's Annual Report notes that its DEI strategy has driven "results," including an increase in women in the Senior Leadership Team with "the overall representation of women in top leadership positions in our company" growing by "2 percentage points compared to the last reporting year."7 In fact, Anheuser-Busch's Annual Report has a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion section almost entirely dedicated to the growth of only women in the workforce.8

The company's 2022 Environmental, Social, & Governance Report9 further reports sex-based hiring during the years 2017 to 2022,10 a job training program based on national origin launched by its Presidente brand in the United States and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund "for Hispanic students interested in a career in sports,"11 and an explicitly race-based scholarship and internship program launched by Budweiser and the United Negro College Fund to "support[] 25 Black college students" interested in the brewing industry, and to "provide[] five Black college students with real-world experience as interns in Anheuser-Busch's Brewery Trainee Program."12

A Commissioner's charge is particularly appropriate here because there is ample reason to believe that Anheuser-Busch has knowingly and intentionally violated federal law and will continue to do so. The corporation has chosen to promote and use employment practices that are both patently illegal and deeply harmful. Discrimination based on immutable characteristics such as race, color, national origin, or sex "generates a feeling of inferiority as to their status in the community that may affect their hearts and minds in a way unlikely to ever be undone."13 More broadly, Anheuser-Busch's employment practices foment contention and resentment they are "odious and destructive."14 It truly "is a sordid business, this divvying us up" by race or sex.15

Sincerely,

/s/ Nicholas R. Barry
Nicholas R. Barry

Cc:

I'll say it again...If I was 10 years younger and still working, I'd have no issue forcing a large employer/the .gov to take me to court and prove I'm not a minority. You want a one drop rule? That is how you'd get a one drop rule. Make the court system set an actual standard. It'd be fucking hilarious....the screeching from the left would be epic.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#44]
At the Ren-fest this weekend, there are multiple beer tavern selections.  The ones that sold bud light had very little traffic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Very much so.

The next quarterly numbers will show a more accurate picture of the damage done even though they will be manipulated as much as possible to hide the damage.

Quoted:
A manufacturers rebate on... beer?

Am I just totally out of touch or isn't that fucking unusual?

It's so unusual that it's almost unprecedented especially when the rebates are that large. No one sells beer for half price or less unless they have cash flow problems.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's so unusual that it's almost unprecedented especially when the rebates are that large. No one sells beer for half price or less unless they have cash flow problems.
View Quote

As I recall, AB-InBev had about $10 billion in cash, and lots and lots of debt.  They may have spent a bunch buying back stock to support the price.  (Among other entities buying).

At the risk of sounding like an old movie, I think they have gone to the mattresses.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's fucking awesome.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

I read a piece yesterday that said Yeungling partnered with Molson Coors for more favorable distribution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-molson-coors-yuengling/molson-coors-enters-jv-to-brew-and-sell-yuengling-beers-in-west-coast-idUKKBN2662JW

That's fucking awesome.

It’s my favorite beer and has been for over 20 years.  Just so flavorful, but easy to drink.   I really hope they can exploit the BL decline to rapidly grow.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It’s my favorite beer and has been for over 20 years.  Just so flavorful, but easy to drink.   I really hope they can exploit the BL decline to rapidly grow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of.

That's fucking awesome.

Picked these up today. Had to do a taste test, all of them are dam good.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2023 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, it looks like the financial folks think this is the floor of the boycott and things will be turning around. They don't think there's anywhere else to go but up now.....

New Bud Light Data Suggests Outrage Against Company Is Waning

https://www.thestreet.com/lifestyle/new-bud-light-data-suggests-outrage-against-company-is-waning

Bud Light is finding out just how long social media outrage can last, and apparently its only a few weeks.

While the brand and its parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev  (BUD) - Get Free Report have taken a significant hit to sales in recent weeks due to an ill-fated advertising campaign, there are signs that the uproar against the brand has crescendoed.

Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top