BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think this is the stuff I sprayed on my screen porch years back. I let the cat out a few hours later and he was acting lethargic and drunk.  Had to take him inside and kept him off the porch for a day. I’d say give it 24 hours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does this stuff affect pets?

I think this is the stuff I sprayed on my screen porch years back. I let the cat out a few hours later and he was acting lethargic and drunk.  Had to take him inside and kept him off the porch for a day. I’d say give it 24 hours.

Bifenthrin is particularly dangerous to cats before it dries.  I believe Tempo is safer around cats.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Our town still does entire neighborhood sprays,  doubt they use DDT though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why,  I can make the bugs leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you should move somewhere safe.

Why,  I can make the bugs leave.

Because it’s particularly bad for fish. And then you ruin it for everyone else.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

.... Because the environmental factors around where skeeters harbor up and hide is way more important than anything else. If you don't have that, it's not going to work. No matter how much you spray.
View Quote
Shitty neighbor has created a jungle/swamp in their back yard. Our back yard (and the next neighbor's) is mostly unusable because of the mosquitoes.

I'm guessing there's nothing to be done for this kind of situation?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I spray concentrated pemethrin.

Everything crawls out of the ground to die.

For me it's more ant control than mosquitos though. I had a carpenter ant issue when I moved in. None of the terro/traps/granules seem to affect them. But pemethrin gets rid of them instantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since it is that time of year, I thought I would bring up the issue of skeeters/ticks/wasps again. I said this last year, but I'll say it again: IT IS WORTH THE MONEY.

Get yourself a backpack sprayer (I have a Stihl 400 series, but you don't need that fancy) and get some of this and kill the little blood sucking bastards.

I've tried ALL the  natural stuff. Some of it works meh, some not at all. I've tried the skeeter traps, poison traps, zappers, everything. Nothing really works. I got so fed up, I decided it was them or me. I went all in, and got the kit. 100% night and day. We have nearly no ticks, skeeters, wasps, ants, spiders, any of those bugs that are either dangerous or annoying, and our cabin is in the woods by the river!!!! Our house is next to a 1000 acre swamp! All I do is spray the yard once to kill what is there, then just spray the perimeter every 4-6 weeks until the end of bug season. By perimeter, I mean I use the backpack sprayer to get as far into the woods as it will go, covering everything up to about 20' high. Sure, I can't eat the wild edibles, but it's a small price to pay. I also spray the eves of the house/garage, and the perimeter of the buildings along the ground.

As a "gift" offer to spray your neighbors' yards. Helps them, but also makes a bigger buffer zone for you.

I now think about a much larger blower system that is either on a trailer or I can put in the UTV so I don't have to go back and refill so often.

I spray concentrated pemethrin.

Everything crawls out of the ground to die.

For me it's more ant control than mosquitos though. I had a carpenter ant issue when I moved in. None of the terro/traps/granules seem to affect them. But pemethrin gets rid of them instantly.

Except Cicada Killer wasps.  I can't kill them with anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would you want to kill them?  They aren't aggressive to humans.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shitty neighbor has created a jungle/swamp in their back yard. Our back yard (and the next neighbor's) is mostly unusable because of the mosquitoes.

I'm guessing there's nothing to be done for this kind of situation?
View Quote

@Amish_Bill

You can spray your property all you want, 50 times over and if there's no harborage for the skeeters, it's not going to do anything.
All too often, people get the mosquito services done for say, a backyard wedding and get all pissed off because the mosquitoes fly from an adjoining property and drill right into the brides forehead during pictures. There is NO "magic bubble" created. If the bug doesn't contact the product because it didn't roost up on what you applied to, it does nothing.
If you apply it to an area or structure mosquitoes don't flock to, it does nothing. You can't change biology. If that bug flies from a nearby property without contact, you will still have skeeters. If the sun is going down and they are out and about, unless you had the right conditions to apply to on your property (and some people do. Not ALL, but some), and those insects had time to be in contact with the chem, you can see either see a good reduction.......or you may not. And dont forget that once the chemical dries, it takes a few hours to kill the insect too. It's not instant after the chem dries

The neighbors have to realize the problem and start addressing what they can do to eliminate sources and harborage issues on their property.
The problem is.....it's work. And people just want to "easy fix". And in the case of skeeters, sometimes there is no easy fix.
"Just spray some stuff" is the thing commonly heard. People are lazy.

I just had a customer ask why their treatment from one of these companies didn't work last year and should they spend the money this year.
Well, first of all.....they should trust me enough when I told them they were wasting money after they had asked about it, but had to try and get lucky. They did not.
They knew there was a reason why I don't offer it.

They then explained that they can't understand it because the "guy", sprayed their entire lawn.
I got down on my knee, and brushed wide circles in the lawn. Moved a few feet and did it again 2 more times. I asked them to count the mosquitoes they see come out of the lawn. ZERO.
I then took them over to a shaded juniper bush by their pool. I shook it and told them to notice that insects fly out from it. Saw a few gnats and small flies. That's when they understood where they hang out during the day when the sun is out.

Sometimes people need a graphic example to understand.

And sometimes*, no matter what, depending on the factors around the area in question, the treatments do absolutely nothing.

*Due to Arfcom's lack of comprehension, I like to stress the word, sometimes.....because Arfcom confuses that word with "every time"
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Try Carbaryl, it's what used to be in Sevin before they replaced it with Bifenthrin
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you!  Last year for the first time in nearly 30 years we were able to enjoy our back patio near mosquito free after a severe cold snap during winter.  Basically the same cold snap this past winter but an extremely wet spring and the little bastards wear me out simply walking out to let the pup go do his thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Have to consider pesticide resistance too , overuse a product and the survivors build immunity.  I use Talstar for Bagworms mainly but probably need to find an alternate Chem .
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Permethrin is very toxic to cats  not so much dogs
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Amish_Bill

You can spray your property all you want, 50 times over and if there's no harborage for the skeeters, it's not going to do anything.
All too often, people get the mosquito services done for say, a backyard wedding and get all pissed off because the mosquitoes fly from an adjoining property and drill right into the brides forehead during pictures. There is NO "magic bubble" created. If the bug doesn't contact the product because it didn't roost up on what you applied to, it does nothing.
If you apply it to an area or structure mosquitoes don't flock to, it does nothing. You can't change biology. If that bug flies from a nearby property without contact, you will still have skeeters. If the sun is going down and they are out and about, unless you had the right conditions to apply to on your property (and some people do. Not ALL, but some), and those insects had time to be in contact with the chem, you can see either see a good reduction.......or you may not. And dont forget that once the chemical dries, it takes a few hours to kill the insect too. It's not instant after the chem dries

The neighbors have to realize the problem and start addressing what they can do to eliminate sources and harborage issues on their property.
The problem is.....it's work. And people just want to "easy fix". And in the case of skeeters, sometimes there is no easy fix.

I just had a customer ask why their treatment from one of these companies didn't work last year and should they spend the money this year.
Well, first of all.....they should trust me enough when I told them they were wasting money after they had asked about it, but had to try and get lucky. They did not.

They then explained that they can't understand it because the "guy", sprayed their entire lawn.
I got down on my knee, and brushed wide circles in the lawn. Moved a few feet and did it again 2 more times. I asked them to count the mosquitoes they see come out of the lawn. ZERO.
I then took them over to a shaded juniper bush by their pool. I shook it and told them to notice that insects fly out from it. Saw a few gnats and small flies. That's when they understood where they hang out during the day when the sun is out.

And sometimes*, no matter what, depending on the factors around the area in question, the treatments do absolutely nothing.

*Due to Arfcom's lack of comprehension, I like to stress the word, sometimes.....because Arfcom confuses that word with "every time"
View Quote
Are you sure you know what you're talking about? You seem pretty confident with this whole insect thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I put a piece of "MosquitoDunks" in a bucket of old water and put that under a bush or pine tree, in the shade. They lay their eggs in it but they won't survive. It's a bacteria that is safe for pets and non-toxic. I have only seen a few mosquitos this year. My buddies house down the road is overrun with them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hanging empty gourds on a line will bring in purple martins.

They eat mosquitos like they're being paid to do it.

I'm surrounded by 500 acres of field and woodland with 2 ponds 40yds from the house.

I have zero issues with mosquitos.  

No need for the pesticides.
View Quote

Bat boxes help too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are you sure you know what you're talking about? You seem pretty confident with this whole insect thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Amish_Bill

It appears that what he typed bugs you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There is NO "magic bubble" created.
View Quote
GD says "challenge accepted"
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Stihl SR-200, Bifen and Tekka Pro.

Fuck mosquitoes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh and I killed nearly 50 of these fuckers last year and they are coming back with a vengeance also.  This was done overnight and I caught him moving but missed with my shovel.  Trap set now so shouldn’t be long .  Scissor traps from Amazon work awesome where all others have failed.  Ordered two more this morning since the two I have just are not enough to cover my large lot.  Hunting season has officially opened.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

...The problem is.....it's work. And people just want to "easy fix"...
View Quote
This is the weird part. They put a LOT of work into fucking up their back yard like this. Half stagnant 'water features', cardboard laid out for... some(?)... reason, out of control plants... the list is impressive in how badly the choices reinforce each other.

Would it be wrong to wait for a night when the wind is blowing the right way and fog over the fence?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why would you want to kill them?  They aren't aggressive to humans.
View Quote

Try having a swarm of them at your front door, and your driveway.  They aren't naturally aggressive to humans, unless they feel threatened.  When I have to walk through them, and can't always avoid contact, that's eventually going to suggest that I'm being aggressive.  You should see the number of packages I get thrown and my front door because delivery guys don't want to run the gauntlet.

1 or 2 or 5?  I can deal with that.  35-50?  That' too much.

And, I still listen to cicadas all day long.  They don't provide any measurable relief.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Try Carbaryl, it's what used to be in Sevin before they replaced it with Bifenthrin
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've attempted that.  I got the powder, and need to get it into their nest as I read they need to come in contact with it for it to work.  After this years freeze, when cleaning up dead plants, when I found their holes (I think they belonged to the cicada killers) I dusted them with Carbaryl, and used a stick to force it down in.

I'll found out later this summer if it was successful.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Try having a swarm of them at your front door, and your driveway.  They aren't naturally aggressive to humans, unless they feel threatened.  When I have to walk through them, and can't always avoid contact, that's eventually going to suggest that I'm being aggressive.  You should see the number of packages I get thrown and my front door because delivery guys don't want to run the gauntlet.

1 or 2 or 5?  I can deal with that.  35-50?  That' too much.

And, I still listen to cicadas all day long.  They don't provide any measurable relief.
View Quote
I've picked them up bare-handed with no issues. Very docile unless you squeeze them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh and I killed nearly 50 of these fuckers last year and they are coming back with a vengeance also.  This was done overnight and I caught him moving but missed with my shovel.  Trap set now so shouldn’t be long .  Scissor traps from Amazon work awesome where all others have failed.  Ordered two more this morning since the two I have just are not enough to cover my large lot.  Hunting season has officially opened.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318573/IMG_9112_jpeg-3220581.JPG
View Quote

Get rid of the food source (bugs/worms/grubs) and they will go elsewhere?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I made the mistake of marrying a big city girl.

She complains about the bugs, then complains about my efforts to suppress the bugs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I made the mistake of marrying a big city girl.

She complains about the bugs, then complains about my efforts to suppress the bugs.
View Quote

Does that bug you?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I use the Milwaukee M18 sprayer and Bifen I/T (Identical to Talstar P) 4x a year.

Harmless to family, deadly to all things buggy.

I spray the entire yard.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20220422_221919_jpg-2621925.JPG
View Quote

@-Obsessed- How has the Milwaukee sprayer worked for you? Really want to get one, but some reviews point to it being leaky.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#29]
The number of reasons to enjoy Colorado is dwindling however the virtual no-bug environment is a huge plus.

I can sit outside and not worry about getting eaten alive.

This is a night and day difference from growing up in the swamp.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I remember as a kid in the 1950’s my family was as at a cookout at a family acquaintance’s house. all was well and then at dusk the guy pulls out some kind hand- crank sprayer and starts covering the yard in DDT! I remember all the people standing I. This “fog” of poison shit and nobody cared…??
I can still smell and taste that shit 70 years later…??
View Quote

If you had lived on an Air Force base, you would have joined in the game of “chase the DDT truck” as it drove through the base housing area spraying for mosquitoes.  
Ahhhh…good times.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@-Obsessed- How has the Milwaukee sprayer worked for you? Really want to get one, but some reviews point to it being leaky.
View Quote

@walkinginadangerzone

Mine has been perfectly fine. Milwaukee fixed that issue pretty early on and sent replacements is my understanding, but mine hasn't had any issue. I love it. My only complaint is the flat bottom of the container. They should have built in a funnel system such that it doesn't become unusable with 2" in the bottom still. You have to contort your body a certain way to get the bottom 1-2" to spray okay, which if it had a sloped bottom you could effectively use all the liquid, but that's not the case here.

Other than that it's honestly great. I've used the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you had lived on an Air Force base, you would have joined in the game of “chase the DDT truck” as it drove through the base housing area spraying for mosquitoes.  
Ahhhh…good times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember as a kid in the 1950’s my family was as at a cookout at a family acquaintance’s house. all was well and then at dusk the guy pulls out some kind hand- crank sprayer and starts covering the yard in DDT! I remember all the people standing I. This “fog” of poison shit and nobody cared…??
I can still smell and taste that shit 70 years later…??

Ahhhh…good times.

https://genius.com/James-mcmurtry-12-oclock-whistle-lyrics

"The boys were chasing the city truck, spraying DDT
It kept the mosquitoes down
And that stuff won't hurt you none the neighbor lady'd say
Encephalitis, now that can ruin your day"

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#33]
I need that!

Has anyone used the system that attaches to existing leaf blower?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZVLT78G?psc=1&smid=A3QRCHYR0DZOXG&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#34]
If my neighbors committed a chemical attack on my property there would be issues to resolve!  I bet OP would force Vax my kids.  Just plant a bunch or Rosemary plants and the mosquitos mostly stay away.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I've been very tempted, but we just have too many resident critters that we enjoy seeing like lizards and tree frogs and don't want to mess them up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@walkinginadangerzone

Mine has been perfectly fine. Milwaukee fixed that issue pretty early on and sent replacements is my understanding, but mine hasn't had any issue. I love it. My only complaint is the flat bottom of the container. They should have built in a funnel system such that it doesn't become unusable with 2" in the bottom still. You have to contort your body a certain way to get the bottom 1-2" to spray okay, which if it had a sloped bottom you could effectively use all the liquid, but that's not the case here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@walkinginadangerzone

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And people wonder why bees are dying  ..
View Quote

I spray my siding, porch underside, and deck underside - all places mosquitoes hang out but honey bees aren't interested in. Also surfaces/ people and pets don't touch. Wear appropriate clothing when applying to minimize personal exposure.

Just have to be smart about where and how you apply.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#38]
What's the solution for flies?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Make sure you kill as many pollinators and useful creatures as you can. As long as you are comfy.
Nothing COC about my opinion of people who do this or use companies that spray yards.
My mothers neighbor hood has zero pollinators because a couple of dicks get their yard sprayed.
The parish next to ours aerial sprays and doesn't have pollinators or even bugs around outdoor lighting in the rural areas.
I'm not a tree hugger. I am a beekeeper.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because it’s particularly bad for fish. And then you ruin it for everyone else.
View Quote

Acceptable casualties
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I spray my siding, porch underside, and deck underside - all places mosquitoes hang out but honey bees aren't interested in. Also surfaces/ people and pets don't touch. Wear appropriate clothing when applying to minimize personal exposure.

View Quote

Did you read the thread?

People are literally advocating and/or fogging acres.  

Maybe we should just go back to spraying weeds with diesel fuel. And pouring oil into swamps and ditches.  That will kill all the mosquitoes too.  Just use some lead based paints.  

After all, that’s the way great grand daddy did it, right???
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Bat boxes help too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hanging empty gourds on a line will bring in purple martins.

They eat mosquitos like they're being paid to do it.

I'm surrounded by 500 acres of field and woodland with 2 ponds 40yds from the house.

I have zero issues with mosquitos.  

No need for the pesticides.

Bat boxes help too.

I was gonna build some, but the Martins have kept it under control for 5 years.

I've got 14 gourds in total.  I think I've got 20 bucks and ~2 hours of work in them.  

It was suggested by an old farmer.  I figured he was full of shit, but he gave me half the gourds so I figured why not.  He wasn't kidding; they are phenomenal.  

I'm going to put some up by my parents' pool and they can get rid of the electric mosquito trap/attractor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Did you read the thread?

Maybe we should just go back to spraying weeds with diesel fuel. And pouring oil into swamps and ditches.  That will kill all the mosquitoes too.  Just use some lead based paints.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you read the thread?

Its also quite entertaining to listen to the rationalization going on as well.

"Well, XXXXX is doing it over on XXXXX property and its XX acres. I'm just a drop in the bucket compared to XXXXX. As long as I can enjoy my lawn......"

I'm not sure if its just plain ignorance, selfishness, or what.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do better at cleaning your undercarriage.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, this. Kid leaves dog poop in the yard too long and I'm pretty sure that's attracting a lot of flies. They annoy the f**k out of me, and end up getting in the house. We have some strips that are marginally effective.

Mowing the lawn leads to lots of bugs flying out of the grass, and flies are hanging on the white fence. I need to get something for that. Our black beetle problem seems to have gone, but it hasn't been very hot yet. I'll find out in August or September.

We don't really have a mosquito problem, usually there's wind and no standing water near us. Not a lot of vegetation, either. With all the construction in what used to be wild sagebrush land, there's other critters that are getting displaced. I had 3 field mice fall into a doggie pool and drown. Effective trap, though not really humane.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As someone mentioned earlier, show me an alternative that spares the bees, but kills the mosquitos, and I'll be all for it. Nothing like this has been presented.

So, for now, I'm going with the option that allows me to actually go outside and enjoy my yard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And people wonder why bees are dying  ..

Yep, and it's shitty.
As someone mentioned earlier, show me an alternative that spares the bees, but kills the mosquitos, and I'll be all for it. Nothing like this has been presented.

So, for now, I'm going with the option that allows me to actually go outside and enjoy my yard.

@Jayne_Cobb

Here. This works.

Mosquito trap DIY 8,000 mosquito kill reduce ZIKA DENGUE MALARIA MaxxAir Fan CO2

Don’t have a large shop fan, or want to spend the ~$1xx on one? Here’s a $16 solution to pair with cheap box fans.

Amazon Product
  • [High Quality Material] ---- Our Skeeterbag Kit net is made of extra fine nylon mesh with 522 holes per square inch/ 81 holes per sq cm. Tight enough to keep the mosquitoes and any other annoying bugs away from your face and neck

Pre/treat the netting with Permethrin/Bifenthrin or your residual pesticide of choice. You won’t need to bother with spraying it with alcohol to kill them. Just being sucked/blown onto the netting and held there, will kill them.

***important part:
Use sugar water + yeast to produce CO2 to draw them to the trap (mosquitoes and other blood suckers are drawn to CO2 sources, looking for mammals to feed on. Other bugs aren’t). You can also add an Octenol lure to draw mosquitoes to the trap.

Put the CO2/lure ~12” from the intake side of the fan. The fan will distribute the ‘scent’ drawing mosquitoes. They don’t fly well into the wind, but when they get near the back of the fan trying to approach the CO2/lure source, they get sucked onto the netting.

Amazon Product
  • Octenol lure replacement for cord or cordless bug zapper

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Those who think this is bad for the bees don’t understand how it’s applied.  Bees don’t hang out where you should be applying Bifenthrin for mosquito control.  

Bifenthrin is highly effective and, if applied correctly, doesn’t mess with the pollinators.  

Don’t let that stand in your way of moral indignation/superiority, however.

I built my own fogger for $10 (hand pump sprayer fitted onto a leaf blower), but ultimately bought the backpack fogger as it simply worked better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#49]
The Bee-pocalypse: Another Scare Story the Media Got Wrong
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yeah, pemethrin will kill the shit out of cats. Don't do that.

I know farmers that used to spray the backs of horses with it to keep horse flies off though.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top