Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm imagining a world in which Pres Pence gets to nominate two justices to the SC.

That's when the shooting starts...
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cohen lied.  He was pressured to lie.

By Mueller.
View Quote
I believe it
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"It's not the crime, it's the coverup" Not saying I believe this, but it's more credible than the Russian conspiracy stuff, although I agree it seems like it would have come out sooner.
View Quote
Is covering up something legal a crime?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#5]
At this point I wouldn't put I beyond the FBI to fabricate an email to confirm whatever Cohen says.  If they don't get Trump it's a massive failure for the FBI and we has already seen they are willing to lie to judges to get warrants from the start.  How the fuck are we supposed to have any faith in whatever they show us?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
At this point Cohen's credibility is so far in the dumps anything he says would be suspect.  He's like a bitter ex that got dumped so she makes up shit to try and smear the old love.  I trust a suspect fart (possible shart) more than I trust Cohen.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At this point I wouldn't put I beyond the FBI to fabricate an email to confirm whatever Cohen says.  If they don't get Trump it's a massive failure for the FBI and we has already seen they are willing to lie to judges to get warrants from the start.  How the fuck are we supposed to have any faith in whatever they show us?
View Quote
There will be no way to know that any evidence presented is real, and any witness testimony was not compelled false testimony.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cohen lies..on lots of different subjects...

And this is who they think will bring the president down?

Lol
View Quote
Whatever happened to Omarosa's book?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
one of the greatest GIFs of all the GIFs ... I LOL ever time
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Buzzfeed, nuff said. Who ever believes anything from buzzfeed is either a fucking retard or a leftist piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
That lady has a lot of cats in her future.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Even DU thinks this is fake news
View Quote
Democrats elsewhere believe it Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hooray President Pence
View Quote
Democrats today Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can just hear Cohen's partisan hack lawyer Lanny Davis telling Cohen:

"Michael, just say Trump instructed you to lie about the plans for building a Trump Tower in Russia, and we'll get your conviction commuted by the D president that beats Trump in 2020.  You have many politically influential supporters who admire you for your courage Michael, and the country needs you more than ever right now.  Come clean with this information before it's too late for the country, Michael.  Consider this a favor that will be paid to you in full in just two years.  Don't let your the rest of your life be ruined because Trump sold you out."
View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#19]
so Pence is going to "go down" (whatever they mean by that?) simultaneously with Trump? Seems pretty far fetched to me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

so Pence is going to "go down" (whatever they mean by that?) simultaneously with Trump? Seems pretty far fetched to me.
View Quote
We are talking about the same Democrats that we’ve been posting crazy shit about for 2 years now Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#22]
These vapid dems on Twitter have no idea that the best they can possibly do here is get President Pence lol. Do they honestly think both Trump and Pence will resign at the same time?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
It's really pretty frightening to think that there are that many people who think a President Pelosi is just what this country needs.  My God.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's really pretty frightening to think that there are that many people who think a President Pelosi is just what this country needs.  My God.
View Quote
Needs? Fuck no?

Deserves?
Well, the way this whole shit show has been going, I kinda think that is on par with how the majority of the country thinks.

Idiorcracy here we come!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#25]
The only way you get "president Pelosi" is if Trump and Pence were both impeached, tried in the Senate and found guilty at the exact same time. If Trump were impeached and removed from office, Pence would become POTUS and appoint a new VP. Then they would be right at the same place they started.

Only way the speaker EVER gets to be POTUS is if the President and VP get killed by the same meteor.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
They do not remember 06-08
Or when 9% approval rating nancy pelosi wouldnt undo the congressional drilling ban during an oil crisis because, "we're trying to save the planet".

Dumb bitch
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The only way you get "president Pelosi" is if Trump and Pence were both impeached, tried in the Senate and found guilty at the exact same time. If Trump were impeached and removed from office, Pence would become POTUS and appoint a new VP. Then they would be right at the same place they started.

Only way the speaker EVER gets to be POTUS is if the President and VP get killed by the same meteor.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Some of ya'll really need to stop believing everything you read on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Needs? Fuck no?

Deserves?
Well, the way this whole shit show has been going, I kinda think that is on par with how the majority of the country thinks.

Idiorcracy here we come!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs? Fuck no?

Deserves?

Idiorcracy here we come!
Don't throw the rest of us out with the bathwater.  We have way too many idiots, granted, but I still believe the majority is on the right side. Trump was elected, after all... and all the shenanigans since have pandered only to those who've thought that way all along.  Their bullshit isn't changing any minds, unless it's to push some towards the right because they've had their fill of the left's lies and corruption.

There are still lots of good people in the country.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
lol
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm lost. What did Trump tell dipshit boy to actually lie about?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah that women is fucking nuts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm imagining a world in which Pres Pence gets to nominate two justices to the SC.

That's when the shooting starts...
View Quote
Are you really short sighted enough to believe that? Do you really think after seeing the left gaslight Trump out of office and possibly into prison that Pence is going to fight them? That he is going to say hey I want all my friends and family to get the exact same treatment Trump's friends and family got? That any future republican president is going to risk doing anything the democrats don't like.

God if our side is really stupid enough to cheer this we deserve everything that is coming.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quit posting the delusional tweets. Seriously. They're all fucking insane.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Somewhere between 5 and 6 involves him and/or some of his buddies getting CoC'd.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#37]
These people are dangerous, they have no regard for the rule of law, the constitution, or anyone that doesnt toe the demo party line.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has Trump testified under oath since he took office?
View Quote
You would think that you would have had to be under oath to commit perjury.

The written response a few weeks ago was the only time that happened.

I will therefore throw the Bullshit flag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quit posting the delusional tweets. Seriously. They're all fucking insane.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Jesus you follow a lot of fuckwits on twitter, you must gobble blood pressure pills by the bowl
View Quote
No I’m banned on Twitter but as a guest I can still see the trending topics. Over 317,000 tweets about Pelosi should be President today
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No I’m banned on Twitter but as a guest I can still see the trending topics. Over 317,000 tweets about Pelosi should be President today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus you follow a lot of fuckwits on twitter, you must gobble blood pressure pills by the bowl
Probably Russians.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah, it could be. If Trump tells Cohen "Jesus Christ, tell them the Moscow hotel deal fell through before I started to run for president" when it didn't and Cohen then lied under oath Trump could have committed subornation of perjury:
"Whoever procures another to commit any perjury is guilty of subornation of perjury, and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. "

This is a variation on the old bullshit where the Feds find no crime but then charge you with lying to a Federal cop anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, it could be. If Trump tells Cohen "Jesus Christ, tell them the Moscow hotel deal fell through before I started to run for president" when it didn't and Cohen then lied under oath Trump could have committed subornation of perjury:
"Whoever procures another to commit any perjury is guilty of subornation of perjury, and shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. "

This is a variation on the old bullshit where the Feds find no crime but then charge you with lying to a Federal cop anyway.
From a legal perspective, if the Buzzfeed story is true then Trump would definitely be in serious jeopardy, but only if Congress decides it is enough to be worthy of impeachment. If the story is true I've got zero doubt the Democrats will use Cohen's perjury claim as one of several charges in the articles of Impeachment they will draft.

Also relevant is that Barr said during his confirmation hearing that if a President directed someone to lie under oath to cover up something (or to mislead) that it would be obstruction of justice.

GRAHAM: So if there was some reason to believe that the president tried to coach somebody not to testify or testify falsely, that could be obstruction of justice?

BARR: Yes, under that -- yeah, under -- under an obstruction statute, yeah.

KLOBUCHAR: In your memo...you wrote on page 1 that a president persuading a person to commit perjury would be obstruction, is that right?

BARR: Yes

Additionally, if it were true that Trump directed or counseled Cohen to lie to Congress, 18 U.S.C. 2(a) would also almost certainly apply.

(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

All of that presumes the Buzzfeed story is true and accurate. It assumes that Cohen told Mueller that Trump directed/persuaded him to commit perjury. It also assumes there are documents (e-mail, texts, etc) that back up the underlying claim. That's a LOT of assumptions that are required to be true.

I'm somewhat skeptical of the Buzzfeed story, and in the next week or two other news sources being able to confirm or corroborate their reporting will be extremely important in determining whether or not the story is accurate. There is always the possibility that the reporters were mislead or dealt with a source who exaggerated, was repeating rumor, or trying to plant a story with some ulterior motive in mind.

Cohen being a liar is something everyone is aware of already, so his credibility is very low. That's why documents, recordings, or other hard evidence is an absolute requirement for any of this to matter. If this is simply Cohen's word and nothing more (let's say the documents Buzzfeed claims their source has seen are misleading, vague, etc) then the story crumbles.

I have never believed that Mueller's investigation is a witch hunt or a hoax. That's just foolish and requires someone to ignore a plethora of indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas. But, I've also always been very skeptical that Mueller will be able to produce a smoking gun that causes the Senate GOP to convict Trump on impeachment charges that are brought by Democrats. But, as Mueller's investigation has gone on longer and longer, I've become somewhat less skeptical of the idea as Rosenstine, Wray, Whittaker, etc have all allowed the investigation to continue.

We know that there is testimonial evidence that Trump directed Cohen to violate campaign finance laws, but there's zero chance the Senate GOP would convict on such a charge in isolation. Especially if the only corroboration is Cohen's recording which isn't specific or concrete enough to overcome reasonable doubt. Mueller is going to have to produce very detailed concrete evidence of multiple serious crimes by Trump, or impeachment proceedings by Democrats will end without the Senate convicting Trump of anything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The claim is Trump directed Cohen to lie under oath.
View Quote
He said - she said, no?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's not a leftist agenda/conspiracy. It's a globalist one. That's why Romney, McCain, the Bushes, Koch Brothers, and many many other Republican leaders are involved in it and allied with the Dem globalists. It's Dem globalists and Rep globalists vs nationalism and nationalists.

As for who exactly is behind the globalist conspiracy that's destroying the Western World ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfOhwF0DV8
View Quote
This is a guy who has been paying attention.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#45]
If it were true, Cohen would have played that card long before now.  He probably could have plea-bargained himself a get-out-of-jail free card with that juicy nugget.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#48]
My guess is Cohen says Trump told him to lie but the "evidence" is just evidence that he lied.  Nothing that backs up Trump telling him to commit perjury.

Also the context of any email or recording of trump telling him to lie about it may not be enough to be criminal. There's a big difference between me telling you to lie to the cops vs me telling you to lie under oath.  Their evidence would have to be specific with Trump telling him to lie under oath.  Not just a general statement made at some point in time that Cohen should lie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's not a leftist agenda/conspiracy. It's a globalist one. That's why Romney, McCain, the Bushes, Koch Brothers, and many many other Republican leaders are involved in it and allied with the Dem globalists. It's Dem globalists and Rep globalists vs nationalism and nationalists.

As for who exactly is behind the globalist conspiracy that's destroying the Western World ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfOhwF0DV8
View Quote
That some pretty bizarre shit in that video.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, not something a rat like Cohen would have sat on until later.
View Quote
Did he sit on it though? Mueller wants something to pin on Trump, and has been reportedly focusing on obstruction for a while. Maybe creating this story for Mueller is why Cohen got 3 years instead of 60+ or whatever he was eligible for.

ETA: i think it's a mistake to assume that mueller's team will leak everything they have immediately. They do leak, but i think it's carefully planned what leaks and when.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top