Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Bingo. Ive had some ebay buyers try and get me to ship to an address when googled is an international forwarder. Being ITAR with this particular item, that could land me federal prison time so that is a no go. In this user’s case, Im more concerned with the lack of feedback in a recent timeframe let alone no feedback or posts at all on Tacswap. He claimed to be active here so I thought maybe the community knows him. Im also concerned of the ‘send back a chinese clone return and disappear’ potential.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
He could be AI trying to arm it's self for the coming battles.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly what Im thinking. I think Ill just keep it as Im not in ‘desparate’ need of the funds. I just wanted to offset some loans I had to take out for other purposes. Life happens.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard that Zelle can still be charged back if it were a scammer?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:50:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#5]
OP - Can you answer one basic question.  Have you heard from gbrumf4 on HERE (not tacswap) to verify he is one in the same person?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lonniewaldrich:
Exactly what Im thinking. I think Ill just keep it as Im not in ‘desparate’ need of the funds. I just wanted to offset some loans I had to take out for other purposes. Life happens.
View Quote

Do you realize there are almost 600K registered users on this site? We don't all know each other or recognize every poster!
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope everything goes well with your sale.

You seem like a nice guy, you should stick around here.

Also, plane tickets are pretty cheap.

Any way to do a FTF?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not heard from him or made contact with him here yet. The original sale occurred before trying to vet him here. He stated his ARFCOM username and wanted me to sell it here after I refunded the 3 funds transactions he sent and I told him I did not feel comfortable about the sale.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Good point on the 600k users, I did not know the community was that large here. Good to hear though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you Scrote. I stay honest and live by my integrity. Something 90% of the world seems to be lacking right now. So I have to take what precautions I deem necessary.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M41A:
For me it’s the McChicken
View Quote

For me it’s the join date post count

I think OP should be vetted

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard that Zelle can still be charged back if it were a scammer?
View Quote

I dont think there is any protection with Zelle, as it is for personal use only. However, they are tied to partner bank accounts, so in theory a little harder to use for a scammer maybe.

I dont think there is a “charge back” or anything,
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I have not heard from him or made contact with him here yet. The original sale occurred before trying to vet him here. He stated his ARFCOM username and wanted me to sell it here after I refunded the 3 funds transactions he sent and I told him I did not feel comfortable about the sale.
View Quote

he already got you. he made bogus payments, you made actual refunds. his scam is complete. thanks for playing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
You’re the seller. Tell buyer it is sold AS IS, and no returns accepted. Take extensive photographs of
item and accurately document condition of item. Forward this info to buyer. Retain his written approval of your terms and condition of item. Use Venmo, Zelle, cashAPP, PPFF.

Then forget about it. You did your part. Look at it as a contractual agreement, and fulfill your part. There is no recourse for buyer. Oh and don’t mail internationally (ITAR).
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Golden-Arm:

he already got you. he made bogus payments, you made actual refunds. his scam is complete. thanks for playing.
View Quote

Not necessarily.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey zerosum,

I ended up getting a MAWL from another seller on TS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By gbrumf4:
Hey zerosum,

View Quote

He does exist
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought a camping train from him.  He threw in a $5 gift card for Wendy's.  He is great to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey zerosum,

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Apec:
@gbfrum4
View Quote

....so close
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 3BP:
I bought a camping train from him.  He threw in a $5 gift card for Wendy's.  He is great to deal with.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
The fact that Im even bothering to post using a username of my real name should speak volumes.
View Quote

Ask for funds via Zelle.

Get Paid.

Ship item.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#26]
Hey zerosum,

View Quote

Three separate paypal payments weren't a problem.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Does he drive an intimidating street warrior truck and dress like Rob Halford ?
View Quote

That would be Flea, bassist for RHCP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By johnnypantz:
how do we know you're not the scammer trying to get one over on the other guy?
View Quote
He learned from a certain group/political party that is is beneficial to get your complaint registered first.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Join date…

Post count…

You need trains, and crab meat, and fronts falling off, along with a shoulder thing that goes up.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tangbang] [#30]
Looks like OPs buyer went a different direction.

OP - maybe try listing it here on EE?  Based on your lack of history/feedback, you would probably have to find face-to-face buyer or ship item first then wait for funds.  Not typical but has been done before for sellers of expensive items with low/no feedback.  The feedback system here is very useful and a great indicator of buyer/seller integrity.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top