BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I've seen this in a Guatemalan hotel. Did you install a 110v outlet in the shower as well?
View Quote

I make toast with mine while I shower to save time in the mornings.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I understand the short pipe for short people op. When I redid my bathroom my buddy suggested running a taller pipe for the showerhead. It's so fucking nice not to have to bend like a pretzel to wash my hair. The family cottage showerhead basically is about mid chest height on me. Sucks big time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Somewhere there is a Green New Deal Law that would put you in jail for that setup.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If it is stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The fucking ceiling hook is the coup de grâce.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
A shining example of the git r done spirit that built America, well done op.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd drink a shower beer under that thing.  Nothing fancy of course.  Miller High Life would probably pair well with that shower experience.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL OP, is your shower head normally at about chin level?

All the builders around here seem to think everyone is 5'8" or shorter. I had to get gooseneck type shower heads for both of my showers. I removed the stupid flow limiter in each of them.. my water pressure is already really low, and that stupid shit made it impractical to shower at all!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn OP at least class it a little

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
You know, they make a chromed "s" pipe that replaces the stub coming out of the wall and raises the shower head.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The fucking ceiling hook is the coup de grâce.
View Quote

Some serious deployment shower shit right there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Years ago I started looking at the new shower heads that had the flow restrictors in them.  I figured out how to remove the flow restrictor and rather than a flow restrictor in the shower head, I put a shutoff valve between the wall and shower head.  That way I can get a real blast of water when I want it, and use the valve to restrict the flow when I don't want the full "Hollywood" type shower.  

Often, all it takes is to either pull the restrictor washer out of the shower head's supply, or use a Dremel type tool to grind open the restrictor plate so there is more flow.  I now have a 10" rain type shower head with enough flow that it will damned near drown someone.  Between the unrestricted shower head, and an extra large gas water heater, I have yet to run out of hot water during a Hollywood shower.

(for those who don't know, an unrestricted shower with all the hot water you wanted was called a Hollywood shower). Normally, it was required that you use limited water to wet yourself down, you later up, then you QUICKLY rinse off and get out...no lallygagging and enjoying all the hot water.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Years ago I started looking at the new shower heads that had the flow restrictors in them.  I figured out how to remove the flow restrictor...
View Quote

I bought one off Amazon years ago, down in the reviews someone had described how to bust the restrictor out with a screwdriver and a little shaking. Took less than 5 minutes. It was almost too much water pressure at that point. I liked it but the ex didn't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Archangel shower upgrade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lamp hook and green ground wire compliment the shoddy workmanship of the pvc pipe.  If your shower were a gun, it would definitely be a bubba-fucked Mosin Nagant.

The Archangel shower upgrade.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OP has the unbridled redneck ingenuity of a kludge coupled with a complete disregard for asthetics, and the pride in his half ass work that make this country great!
View Quote

Would be truly the pinnacle of Kludge if that plant hanger is not sunk into a stud. Eventually the weight of it will pull through the drywall and snap the PVC in a spectacular manner!
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
You’re not married are you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Good topic. This is a good no frills shower head with an easily removable restriction that has great flow once removed.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Double as a bidet in your crib?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I used those until I remodeled.  I then put the outlets in the proper place in the wall.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Some sweet work right there.   I bet it added 10k to the value of your trailer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top