Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Couple years ago a team member and I went to a new client site in Rhode Island. Our pre arrival instructions were to sign in at the lobby and Michelle would arrive and be our point of contact for the three days we are on site.

Well, Michelle was obviously a Michael or something similar at some point recently and was still in the process of “transitioning” over.

It wasn’t a problem calling shim Michelle since there was no former name we were aware of. Problem was my teammate kept saying “he/him” etc when giving updates to our work and instructions from Michelle.

After the second meeting the director pulled us aside and calmly explained that we needed to be more respectful and aware of Michelle and use the she/her pronouns.

I found it easier to just not refer to shim in anyway for those three days and focus on the job and getting out of there.

It did get uncomfortable after day 2 was wrapping up and Michelle started recommending clubs and bars we should check out on our company expense account with shim. Yeah…. No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Government cannot force you to say things. The First Amendment still applies, even to school children.

There are four lights!
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id just tell my kid not to interact with the fucked up kids
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmmm….  So can I change my kids name to Fire?  And if he were to get lost in a crowded theater would I be able to yell out for him without fear for the chaos that could cause?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why the fuck are people openly catering to the mentally ill and their insanity?
View Quote

If you would have told me this is where we would be at 20 years ago I would have said you were high.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmmmmmm….  So can I change my kids name to Fire?  And if he were to get lost in a crowded theater would I be able to yell out for him without fear for the chaos that could cause?
View Quote

They don't need you.  In fact, we are specifically prohibited from having the conversation with you and if you object we are required to default to what the student wants.

We now have kids changing their last names as "preferred" as well.  We have no way of even knowing what kid we are discussing from day to day.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Just refer to them as "Hey weirdo...".
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just refer to them as "Hey weirdo...".
View Quote

I can't refer to a lot of these kids as anything other than "you".

Lots of "hey there", "my friend", etc all to avoid feeding into their mental illness and being any more complicit in this broken system than I am.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are four lights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many lights do you see?

There are four lights.

Picard definitely should have channeled John Wayne...

Welllll I'llll tell ya little Missy...there are four lights...
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Are these legally changed names?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]
This is what the Fairfax wine moms voted for. Resist and all that.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Then tell the parents to put a name tag on their fucked up kids each morning with their new name, otherwise kids will be allowed to use "Freak" if they don't know the new name.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you would have told me this is where we would be at 20 years ago I would have said you were high.
View Quote

There were people saying it, but they were bigots just trying to keep them from being married.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
alt strategy: Only use last name. it's not dead.   I'm sure it would be annoying.

Fallback -- "Comrade citizen lastname".

View Quote

Fixed it for you, @LowBeta.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#16]
My son got sent to the office for calling a trans student by its birth name. This happened in 7th grade.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#17]
i won't let my kid go to any schools that allows trannies
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Your right to identify however you want is also my right to ignore it and call you whatever I want…
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn't this the same school district that recently had some trans-bathroom rape unpleasantness?
ETA: just looked it up. It was Louden County.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

And when they talk about John who is now Sarah to their "friends" and get reported and punished for deadpanning....how will that matter?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
My wife teaches at an incredibly left-leaning college. She's been instructed to police the other students' language as it pertains to using the "correct" pronouns.

She will not be doing that, and if she gets fired, so be it. Sometimes you simply have to do the right thing for its own sake.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like the school board is attempting to compel speech.  They should probably get sued for a civil rights violation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
HOME

SCHOOL

YOUR

KIDS
View Quote

Head in sand doesn't fix problems
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Those people who want so desperate to be in charge and demonize you now teach your children who think this way. They found refuge in a the public education system and are now demanding we comply.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

refer to them as, "HEY, YOU!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

refer to them as, "HEY, YOU!"

“You people”

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sounds like the school board is attempting to compel speech.  They should probably get sued for a civil rights violation.
View Quote

It started with George Floyd and BLM:  "Say his name!"  All of this is contrived to herd us into a gas chamber.  

The end of freedom of speech (and, thus, freedom of thought) started to die when we let them control the use of the term n*****.  Out of courtesy and kindness, a lot of us went along with that demand.  Then they abused it:  No Mark Twain, no "To Kill a Mockingbird," finally we end up with a long list of things we can't say.  And, now, we are facing things we MUST say.

Liberals kill Freedom.  Every goddamned time.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I really wish I could homeschooling my kids.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
My child is now named, "My Lord God Almighty Who I Must Bow To And Serve In All Things Or My Eternal Soul Will Burn In Hell For All Eternity" and I insist that you, and everyone else in this school call "My Lord God Almighty Who I Must Bow To And Serve In All Things Or My Eternal Soul Will Burn In Hell For All Eternity" by his new name or else be guilty of deadnaming."
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Compelled speech by a govt agency. Should be an easy 1st Amend lawsuit. Also add on whatever VA's version of Official Oppression is the first time a kid is punished for protected speech

TX Official Oppression statute:
Sec. 39.03.  OFFICIAL OPPRESSION.  (a)  A public servant acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if he:

(1)  intentionally subjects another to mistreatment or to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment, or lien that he knows is unlawful;

(2)  intentionally denies or impedes another in the exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege, power, or immunity, knowing his conduct is unlawful
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Pull your kid out of government schools, people. Public education will die a well-deserved death.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My child is now named, "My Lord God Almighty Who I Must Bow To And Serve In All Things Or My Eternal Soul Will Burn In Hell For All Eternity" and I insist that you, and everyone else in this school call "My Lord God Almighty Who I Must Bow To And Serve In All Things Or My Eternal Soul Will Burn In Hell For All Eternity" by his new name or else be guilty of deadnaming."
View Quote

Lol.  Or you could just name your kid the N-word, and make them say it over and over again.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
HOME

SCHOOL

YOUR

KIDS
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Kids punished for acknowledging reality.

Oh yes…..we really are in 1984
View Quote

Excellent training to make them blindly accept propaganda in later life.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If I had a kid, I would have him identify as Spacelord Joe Biden Is A Pedophile Mutherfucker so they had to say his name.
View Quote

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, there's a 41 percent chance the problem will resolve itself.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol. MUST use preferred name ?

Let your kid change his name to somethingbpolitical, like, trannysburnenhell, Thompson.   Then throw a fit when they refuse to call your kid by his preferred / legal first name.

Amy jones ?    Here

Bob smith.  Here

Trannysburnenhell  Thompson ?  Here !
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll just send my kids to a private school.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Tell them to go pound sand, this nation is doomed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Well…..they do have point.

Brainwashing and indoctrination work best with a punishment / reward system.   If this doesn't work they can use enhanced interrogation techniques to break the will of the children.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just tell me what name to use for them when they're hanging themselves in their closets

Bunch of freaks
View Quote

Looney bin wind chimes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#43]
The School Board is carrying out the Democrat agenda:
- Establishing that gov't controls what you will say and what you will do.

Just like when Fauci said about wearing masks on airplanes: "....the idea of such mandates at this point is less about affixing masks than it is determining who or what has the legal authority to make decisions thereof.."

Everything we are witnessing from school boards is not just about the issue, but is about who has the authority over the people. It's ALL about GOV'T CONTROL.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fauci-says-doj-challenge-mask-ruling-more-authority-less-mandate
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why the fuck are people openly catering to the mentally ill and their insanity?
View Quote

Because we allow it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Is the FBI on these protesting  parents yet?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#46]
I knew a kid named Adam Manlove. He had no chance in middle school. And Adam is a pretty queer name to begin with.

I also knew an Asian gal named "Hour" but it was pronounced "Whore." She went by Kim.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bring back shunning
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How many lights do you see?
View Quote
in the clocktower or on the horse?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top