Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate to say it but Trumps big mouth is his biggest enemy come Election Day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt.  Do you think China will leave it all to chance?

They are actively working to subvert our republic and overthrow Trump.
I hate to say it but Trumps big mouth is his biggest enemy come Election Day.
You mean the mouth that got him elected?  Would you prefer another spineless leftist masquerading as a republican, like pretty much every other republican candidate  in history?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Again?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They've been selling them off since ~2015 to defend their dogshit currency.

The string of dominoes has, IMHO, already begun. It will end with the collapse of the Yuan and China's economic house of cards will come crumbling down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. They're around 5% of total US debt, down from 13%.
They've been selling them off since ~2015 to defend their dogshit currency.

The string of dominoes has, IMHO, already begun. It will end with the collapse of the Yuan and China's economic house of cards will come crumbling down.
Real Clear Politics - Is China About to Cause the Next Asian Economic Crisis?

China has some issues eerily similar to what other Asian countries had just prior to the 1997 Asian financial crisis... While the trigger was a debt default as financial conditions shifted, the underlying factors had long been in place  these were export-driven economies that had close government co-operation with preferred manufacturers, subsidies, favorable financial deals, massive debt-financed growth and a currency pegged to the U.S dollar. Sound familiar?

Almost all financial crises have the same underlying problem -- too much debt. China has a massive debt load. The domestic credit to the private sector banks is 161% of GDP. The 1997 crisis started in Thailand when its level was 166% of GDP. China's total debt, which includes corporate, household, and government debt, has doubled since 2008 and is now 303% of GDP or over $40 trillion.

Another worrisome change in the Chinese financial system is its current account balance. The balance has dropped dramatically over the past 10 years and is on the verge of going negative. If it becomes a deficit, China would have to borrow foreign funds for future growth. As recently as 2007, it had a current account surplus of $420 billion, an amount equal to 10% of GDP.

The South China Morning Post reported in November 2018 that Chinese property developers face "surging refinancing demands," as $51 billion matures in 2019. China now has $3 trillion in U.S. denominated debt. The market has started buying credit default insurance against Chinese debt, as default risk spiked this past week to its highest level in six years.

The People's Bank of China seized the failed Baoshang Bank early this year. This was the first bank seizure in 20 years. In July, the Bank of Jinzhou had to be bailed out by three state-owned entities. And if bank failures were not causing enough pressure, in June a federal court in Washington, D.C., held Shanghai Pudong Development Bank and two other Chinese banks in contempt. The banks refuse to comply with a U.S. subpoena for bank records of a Hong Kong company linked to North Korea sanctions violations. The contempt order enables the U.S. Treasury secretary to terminate the banks' U.S. correspondent accounts, which effectively shuts them down on the world economy.

All of this is happening as China's economy slows to the lowest growth rate in almost 30 years and the U.S. is imposing tariffs on its exports. There is unrest in Hong Kong as protesters are marching in the streets and the wealthy are quietly moving assets and fleeing to the West.

China is clearly waiting President Trump out in the hope that he loses the 2020 election. But the Chinese economy may be in a much more vulnerable position than markets realize, and that could massively destabilize the world economy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You can't believe ANYTHING those commie fucks say about anything.

As we found out yesterday as they are saying "we want a calm resolution to the trade war", they get caught trying to deliver over 50,000 lbs. of fentanyl into the USA.

Kind of reminds me of Japan just before Pearl Harbor.
View Quote
Your analogy of 1930's Japan relations may not be far from the truth.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

they found 25 fucking TONS, of it going into Mexico in the last few days.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

I don't know what planet your from but that sounds like a bit of a problem to me.
View Quote
What is the LD50 for fentanyl?  25 TONS might be enough to kill every man, woman and child in the United States multiple times over.

ETA: According to my calculations, assuming each and every American (I estimate 340 million of them) took a fatal dose (3 mg), it's enough for 22 + fatal doses each.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what it is about Trump becoming President but for some reason right afterwards "bend the knee" became a very common phrase here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't know what it is about Trump becoming President but for some reason right afterwards "bend the knee" became a very common phrase here.
View Quote
Because it wasn’t happening with the previous administrations? More likely that we bend at the waist and drop trou...
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Like a lot of things, this is/was probably necessary for us to recognize we have a problem that needs fixing.

IMO I believe America is capable of solving nearly any problem but there is a track record of letting things get fully involved before looking for water hose.
View Quote
I call this administration by crisis. Its startling how common this is within the government.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Release the Hong Kong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I call this administration by crisis. Its startling how common this is within the government.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like a lot of things, this is/was probably necessary for us to recognize we have a problem that needs fixing.

IMO I believe America is capable of solving nearly any problem but there is a track record of letting things get fully involved before looking for water hose.
It's common in government because people can't be bothered to hold them to task.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Transferring $40B/month to China.  It's about time someone recognized this crisis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
According to this guy we've already lost. We're all doomed.

ETA: First few paragraphs of the article;
As the United States and China escalate the past year’s trade dispute into full-scale economic war, the decisive fact in the conflict has gone entirely unmentioned: China has already won the critical engagement in the conflict.

It did so when Washington cajoled and threatened its allies to boycott Huawei’s rollout of 5G broadband, and suffered the most humiliating rebuff in this writer’s memory.

China has triggered a global network effect that begins with the domination of ultra-fast wireless broadband and extends to e-commerce, finance, logistics and transportation – the means to commercialize the labor of billions of people in the Global South. China’s lead in 5G also gives it a head start in a vast array of industrial and consumer applications.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#13]
if you really think china is going to blink before the US does you're fucking sniffing glue. if for no other reason than because US politicians have to face reelection in a much more direct sense than chinese politicians ever will, it's a presidential election year as well and there are growing signs that a recession is coming.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You mean the mouth that got him elected?  Would you prefer another spineless leftist masquerading as a republican, like pretty much every other republican candidate  in history?
View Quote
you do realize that trump has spent the overwhelming majority of his life as a new york democrat right?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can't believe ANYTHING those commie fucks say about anything.

As we found out yesterday as they are saying "we want a calm resolution to the trade war", they get caught trying to deliver over 50,000 lbs. of fentanyl into the USA.

Kind of reminds me of Japan just before Pearl Harbor.
View Quote
Technically it was Mexico.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't believe China is trying to negotiate. Every time the stock plummets trump has to make a comment to the American people to pump the stock's back up again. He said the same thing 4 and 6 months ago. Pretty soon everyone will catch on and the stock's won't go back up.
View Quote
I have never read a more stupid comment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Beijing is denying any call took place so there's a decent chance Trump simply made something up on the spot...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-china-trade-chinese-called-us-twice-xi-jinping-seeks-make-a-deal-today-2019-08-26/
View Quote
Share-Blue shill says "China said it didnt happen so it didnt".
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
you do realize that trump has spent the overwhelming majority of his life as a new york democrat right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think Trump really cares for Republicans or Dems. He ran in the position to get himself elected (see gun control) and really doesnt have a firm foundation on either beliefs. He also was a NY businessman and used the Dem angle for business advantage in NY. If NY was a conservative state you think he would vote D?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I dont think Trump really cares for Republicans or Dems. He ran in the position to get himself elected (see gun control) and really doesnt have a firm foundation on either beliefs. He also was a NY businessman and used the Dem angle for business advantage in NY. If NY was a conservative state you think he would vote D?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats kind of my whole point. pointing to trump as an example of a purist of GOP/conservative values is laughable at best. he has always been an opportunist, if he thought it would get him what he wants he would still be a dem and if it suits him in the future I'd bet money that he'd be happily stab the GOP/conservatives in the back. that being said I somehow doubt the left would be very receptive to him trying to rejoin the fold.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
thats kind of my whole point. pointing to trump as an example as purist of GOP/conservative values is laughable at best. he has always been an opportunist, if he thought it would get him what he wants he would still be a dem and if it suits him in the future I'd bet money that he'd be happily stab the GOP/conservatives in the back. that being said I somehow doubt the left would be very receptive to him trying to rejoin the fold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats kind of my whole point. pointing to trump as an example as purist of GOP/conservative values is laughable at best. he has always been an opportunist, if he thought it would get him what he wants he would still be a dem and if it suits him in the future I'd bet money that he'd be happily stab the GOP/conservatives in the back. that being said I somehow doubt the left would be very receptive to him trying to rejoin the fold.
Yet his policies and action have led to more CONSERVATIVE victories sine any President since Reagan, or even before. Planned Parenthood withdrawing from Title X, reformation of the Federal Judiciary. Border Wall is getting built (Despite Republican Opposition), and many other policy changes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
The phrase was taken and blown all out of proportion from Game of Thrones Season 7, which came out in 2017, shortly after Presdent Trump was inaugurated.  The long and short of it was that Danerys insisted everyone bend the knee to her, this submitting and acknowledging her as supreme ruler.

There was no one she wanted to bend the knee more than her lover, Jon Snow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Honestly, the trade deal with Japan for agricultural goods probably blew their minds. They thought their embargo would put the screws to his base, and instead he turned around and sold it to someone else without missing a beat.
View Quote
BPOTUSE
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well he's done more 'republican' things in the last 3 years than republicans have since, well since as long as I've been alive
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]
We would be fools to ever trust commies. if they agree to anything you know some how some way they will be cheating or stealing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lol. Did you type all that on your Chinese made keyboard ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fine, back to normal. Sure.

Fuck that!

Trump should impose a PERMANENT tariff on ALL Chinese goods tied to their currency manipulation of the Yuan. They artificially lower it 3%, we impose a matching tariff of 3% on EVERYTHING THEY EXPORT TO THE US.

Fuck this softball bullshit with commies. They're our enemies and we should not be doing business with China AT ALL.
Lol. Did you type all that on your Chinese made keyboard ?
So, what? I have keyboards made in the USA, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan and Mexico.

You think China is the sole source of all electronics from now on?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The phrase was taken and blown all out of proportion from Game of Thrones Season 7, which came out in 2017, shortly after Presdent Trump was inaugurated.  The long and short of it was that Danerys insisted everyone bend the knee to her, this submitting and acknowledging her as supreme ruler.

There was no one she wanted to bend the knee more than her lover, Jon Snow.
View Quote
Is that seriously why everyone here is using that?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is the LD50 for fentanyl?  25 TONS might be enough to kill every man, woman and child in the United States multiple times over.

ETA: According to my calculations, assuming each and every American (I estimate 340 million of them) took a fatal dose (3 mg), it's enough for 22 + fatal doses each.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Just got done doing the math myself. 3000mcg is being very conservative. 1000-1500 would honestly kill most people.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

never trumpers just can’t help themselves.  Any success by Trump must be shat upon with “muh bumpstocks”.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/08/25/25-tons-of-fentanyl-from-china-seized-in-mexico/

I don't know what planet your from but that sounds like a bit of a problem to me.
View Quote
Not Chinas fault we have people here demanding the shit.  I love that we are putting the screws to them, but give no fucks about fentanyl.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If we kick out Chinese professors and graduate students, there will be no one left to teach hard science classes or do academic research.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY
If we kick out Chinese professors and graduate students, there will be no one left to teach hard science classes or do academic research.
Sorry, but that is complete bullshit.

The only reason all our STEM programs are stuffed with Chinese students is because China had made an effort to cram every STEM program with mainland Chinese world wide in every university that will take them. American universities, being the greedy cocksuckers that they are, opened their doors wide open to Chinese students. And the public universities are the worst because they all have a mandate to educate local residents, but that higher foreign tuition rate is just too good to pass up.

My nephew is a computer engineering major at UCSC and he says he often can't get his classes because the mainland Chinese get all the spots. And he's a junior. They pay far more than he pays and they are supposed to have lower priority than California residents. But the reality is just the opposite. My niece said the same about our local community college.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/194336/F8263B5A-DFE1-48AC-9206-1825897513F7_png-1068185.JPG
Just got done doing the math myself. 3000mcg is being very conservative. 1000-1500 would honestly kill most people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/194336/F8263B5A-DFE1-48AC-9206-1825897513F7_png-1068185.JPG
Must every fentanyl seizure contain the number of people it will kill? So tired of the sensationalism every time it's brought up in the media.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
This is chemical warfare level shit. Not like they picked up a couple of keys from some fuckhead driving over the border. Wtf are they doing with that much fentanyl.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is chemical warfare level shit. Not like they picked up a couple of keys from some fuckhead driving over the border. Wtf are they doing with that much fentanyl.
View Quote
Plotting to kill a bunch of Americans. People are worried about a Fentanyl dirty bomb.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#34]
China wants the holiday hit em hard.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
His election coincided with the latter seasons of Game of Thrones, which was massively popular, and it was a commonly used term with political connotations used in the show.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
It probably has something to do with it entering the current lexicon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Plotting to kill a bunch of Americans. People are worried about a Fentanyl dirty bomb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is more likely they are just trying to sow rot and degeneracy in as many of us as they can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yet his policies and action have led to more CONSERVATIVE victories sine any President since Reagan, or even before. Planned Parenthood withdrawing from Title X, reformation of the Federal Judiciary. Border Wall is getting built (Despite Republican Opposition), and many other policy changes.
View Quote
I think it highlights how close " conservative republicans " and moderate democrats are.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And a case of ammo is enough bullets to kill 1000 people!!!    Each AR15 is a mass murdering device capable of killing 20,000 people over it's lifetime. The horror!!!!   We need to ban them now for the children....right?!!!!

And you want to know the funny part?  The only reason Fentanyl is even a thing, is because of the failed policies you drug warriors fully support.  So once again, you guys are wetting your pants over something that isn't really a problem in the first place (except for people who CHOOSE to use it) and crying about the consequences of your own failed policies.  There were around 40k overdose deaths from opioids last year out of 330 million people.  So yes, you are just as irrational and emotional as Mom's Demand Action and the pearl clutcher's touting their bullshit "gun epidemic".  Like I said, it's not a real problem.

Question, how much heroin would be cut with Fentanyl if you could walk into Walgreens and buy it off the shelf?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

China intends to dominate the planet, not just Asia.  2030 was the goal, and they enjoyed considerable acceleration while The Kenyan was in the Whitehouse.

Now they wait.  Maybe suffer a set back, but always playing a very long game.
View Quote
They never quit, never give up, and never keep their word. Sounds like a few other vermin we know like Russia, NK, Iran, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela, Cuba, California, New York, DNC...
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, weeks worth of supply, if EVERYONE was a hardened addict, and likely many months or years otherwise.  In one shipment among many others.

Like I said, I think the cartels are getting a sweet price to buy this much extra, because the Chicoms know it destabilizes societies.

Despite the protests of dopers, this stuff is not "just like" alcohol or their beloved pot/mushrooms.  It is a bioweapon that short circuits a person's faculties and makes them harm their society; we have all the historical evidence we could possibly need to support this view.

Personally, I think enforcement on the domestic front is retarded and as corrosive as the junk, and what we should really be doing is conducting strikes on factories that make the stuff.  I'm sure we know exactly where they are, and could kill the people responsible if we wanted to.  When it becomes truly dangerous to play this game, it will decrease massively in scale.  Right now it's basically unfettered.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, meme-talkers are mindless drones; who knew?
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And a case of ammo is enough bullets to kill 1000 people!!!    Each AR15 is a mass murdering device capable of killing 20,000 people over it's lifetime. The horror!!!!   We need to ban them now for the children....right?!!!!

And you want to know the funny part?  The only reason Fentanyl is even a thing, is because of the failed policies you drug warriors fully support.  So once again, you guys are wetting your pants over something that isn't really a problem in the first place (except for people who CHOOSE to use it) and crying about the consequences of your own failed policies.  There were around 40k overdose deaths from opioids last year out of 330 million people.  So yes, you are just as irrational and emotional as Mom's Demand Action and the pearl clutcher's touting their bullshit "gun epidemic".  Like I said, it's not a real problem.

Question, how much heroin would be cut with Fentanyl if you could walk into Walgreens and buy it off the shelf?
View Quote
Tell that to the police, correction officers, medical staff and innocent people who have died from accidental contact with that nasty shit. It's no joke man.

I agree with your logic but this shit is weapons grade.
Hell, we had someone almost die by because a trace amount was on a flyer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You caught me, I’m a mindless twat. You should probably abandon the thread before the frogs show up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Beijing is denying any call took place so there's a decent chance Trump simply made something up on the spot...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-china-trade-chinese-called-us-twice-xi-jinping-seeks-make-a-deal-today-2019-08-26/
View Quote
To admit making even one call, email, overture of any kind is to lose face.

Trump ain’t lying, he’s rubbing their nose in it, reminding them the China is a third world country whose economy is utterly dependent on the US’s, the world’s only superpower, whims.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So, weeks worth of supply, if EVERYONE was a hardened addict, and likely many months or years otherwise.  In one shipment among many others.

Like I said, I think the cartels are getting a sweet price to buy this much extra, because the Chicoms know it destabilizes societies.

Despite the protests of dopers, this stuff is not "just like" alcohol or their beloved pot/mushrooms.  It is a bioweapon that short circuits a person's faculties and makes them harm their society; we have all the historical evidence we could possibly need to support this view.

Personally, I think enforcement on the domestic front is retarded and as corrosive as the junk, and what we should really be doing is conducting strikes on factories that make the stuff.  I'm sure we know exactly where they are, and could kill the people responsible if we wanted to.  When it becomes truly dangerous to play this game, it will decrease massively in scale.  Right now it's basically unfettered.
View Quote
I would like the CIA SAD to hit a Chinese Fentanyl factory in urban era leave then leave a package large enough to turn the facility contents airborne over said area.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, and Reagan spent the overwhelming majority if his life as a California Democrat.

Both smart enough to abandon the Democrats and go farther right than the Republicans of their times.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

thats kind of my whole point. pointing to trump as an example of a purist of GOP/conservative values is laughable at best. he has always been an opportunist, if he thought it would get him what he wants he would still be a dem and if it suits him in the future I'd bet money that he'd be happily stab the GOP/conservatives in the back. that being said I somehow doubt the left would be very receptive to him trying to rejoin the fold.
View Quote
It’s obvious you hate Trump. But step back and look at the great majority of Trumps policies and actions in office, his SCOTUS picks, his Circuit picks, his District picks... they are much more conservative than the Republican establishment.

He’s acknowledged that spending and debt are problems, but even the f’in Rs won’t fall in line, and his first priority was rebuilding the military, which needed it, still needs it. He had to deal with Ds and RINOs to get the funds to make it happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Trump ain’t lying, he’s rubbing their nose in it, reminding them the China is a third world country whose economy is utterly dependent on the US’s, the world’s only superpower, whims.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

Sure.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top