User Panel

Chinese Instant Hot Pot (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
I'd seen that they made some extra spicy versions. How did the hot pot compare to the Samyang 2x spicy?
View Quote

The hot pots spice was more grainy/textured.  I suspect it was ground up chilis, as opposed to the powdered spices in Samyang.  I don't recall the Samyang inducing the coughing of the hot pot.   The hot pot definitely numbed the lips.

Another thing, the ramen v. the vermicelli noodles were also different.  I've always thought the ramen soaks up the sauce pretty good.  The vermicelli were like slippery gummy worms in their consistency and didn't retain the flavor.

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished a bowl.

We put all of everything in the mix.  It was definitely hot, but I didn't get the hiccups, which is kind of a boundary line of hotness for me. Seemed like the broth had some sweetness and rich savoriness, i definitely liked it.  Ate everything, sucked down all the broth.   It was fun.  Put in a few cooked jumbo skrimps when I served it.  One package is a *lot* of food.

Shared it with my GF, she whined a little but finished.

Verdict: awesome and fun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LowBeta:
Just finished a bowl.

We put all of everything in the mix.  It was definitely hot, but I didn't get the hiccups, which is kind of a boundary line of hotness for me. Seemed like the broth had some sweetness and rich savoriness, i definitely liked it.  Ate everything, sucked down all the broth.   It was fun.  Put in a few cooked jumbo skrimps when I served it.  One package is a *lot* of food.

Shared it with my GF, she whined a little but finished.

Verdict: awesome and fun.
View Quote

Glad you survived the challenge.  Let us know of any after effects in the next 24 hours.  I got my daughter to try a spoonful.  It was beyond her pain threshold!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Chinese Instant Hot Pot (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top