Quoted:
Used to always be ESV, but have become a big fan of the NET
View Quote

I’ve been using a NET as well
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have never heard anything about Peter corrupting Jesus' teachings. What is the source material for this? I know Paul had a beef with Peter, but other than that, I don't know of any other criticism of his leadership in the early church. I'm willing to look into it though.
View Quote

Maybe he's thinking "Pater" Simon Magus
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Orange Catholic Bible is the best version for the modern age, and the approaching future...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Thou shalt not make machine in the image of man's mind
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#4]
NASB.
Hear ESV from the pulpit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Ethiopian bible
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Read the first book.  Wasn’t impressed.  Watched the first movie.  Wasn’t impressed.

The real Bible is far more entertaining, even if you’re not a believer.
View Quote

Honestly, if anyone says Peter was not the first Pope you're either a conspiracy theorist nutjob, or retarded, or both. There is literally no question in this historical fact. You have to be a total idiot to doubt it. Take logical regression as far as you want to (IE- Infinite doubt) but then what is the point of even arguing facts in the first place? Peter (and I refuse to call hm "Saint Peter," was the first Pope and who started the Catholic church. If you argue otherwise, you're a total moron and might as well believe the Earth is flat. That's the level of stupid you're at.

I'm sorry, but you are far, far out-matched intellectually and scripturally. Either provide some sort of evidence, even if just your personal knowledge (which you don't have because your'e a lemming for for preacher), or STFU. Yes, I am telling you you straight up don't know anything about the True nature of God, or Christ's teachings. Now I'm sure you're go get pissed about those facts.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
NKJV

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
NASB, ESV, NKJV
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Honestly, if anyone says Peter was not the first Pope you're either a conspiracy theorist nutjob, or retarded, or both. There is literally no question in this historical fact. You have to be a total idiot to doubt it. Take logical regression as far as you want to (IE- Infinite doubt) but then what is the point of even arguing facts in the first place? Peter (and I refuse to call hm "Saint Peter," was the first Pope and who started the Catholic church. If you argue otherwise, you're a total moron and might as well believe the Earth is flat. That's the level of stupid you're at.

I'm sorry, but you are far, far out-matched intellectually and scripturally. Either provide some sort of evidence, even if just your personal knowledge (which you don't have because your'e a lemming for for preacher), or STFU. Yes, I am telling you you straight up don't know anything about the True nature of God, or Christ's teachings. Now I'm sure you're go get pissed about those facts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the first book.  Wasn’t impressed.  Watched the first movie.  Wasn’t impressed.

The real Bible is far more entertaining, even if you’re not a believer.

Your posts have gone from suck to blow.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Something is funky about that chart. I know that ESV and NASB translate from original language manuscripts. Maybe I'm not reading the legend right.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:33:52 AM EDT
[#11]
KJV and NIV concurrently. Also read the OT with The Message this year.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't doubt he was a leader in the early church. The thing is that it was in its infancy, they were still working things out, as is evidenced by Peter and Paul's, um, disagreement. I don't know when the church began to look anything like what we would call the Roman Catholic church, but it wasn't as early 50-70 A.D. I look at calling Peter a Pope as an anachronism. Just to be sure, my Catholic friends, I am not anti-Catholic in that I want to try to undermine y'all at every point. I do believe there are some points of theology that we just will never agree upon. I don't care about that, as long as we can agree that Jesus is Lord and God
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#13]
When Jesus asked Peter, "who do you say I am?  Peter replied, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus replied Thou art Peter and upon this rock, I will build my church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus was describing "the rock"  as Peter's confession that Christ IS the son of the living God- this confession and testimony from Peter was and is the Christian church that Jesus said he would build.

Peter's confession was no different than any of the other 12 disciples, He just happened to ask Peter this question,
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:32:36 AM EDT
[#14]
NASB, Douay-Rheims, and KJV with Apocrypha.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oooohh. Good one. Very intelligent argument from someone who obviously not only can not read with any critical thought, but also can't think for themselves.
View Quote

I’ve literally seen THAT on a bumper sticker!  So much for thinking for yourself. *Shrug*
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#16]
New American Bible. It’s approved by USCCB, so it works for me. Can’t do any KJV type.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Get both

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NLT, but use NIV and NKJV for reference and comparison as well as online references to get back to original language
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Are there any Bibles printed in the US these days? Looking for a nice affordable NLT printed in the USA.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top