Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/26/2023 5:51:18 PM EDT
Now that we talked about yoga, yogurt, and possessed robots, what do you think about Christians celebrating Halloween?

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Just harmless fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Satan's holiday
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
nothin' slippery about it
modern times it's been co-opted by pagans as Christmas has been and Easter.
What's the Difference Between Halloween, All Saints Day and All Souls Day?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't care.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Let the kids have their fun.

Harmless.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Harmless fun, of course. Imaginary boogeymen are imaginary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just harmless fun.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
They’re fine. Everyone likes candy, horror movies, and Halloween fun.

It’s only the Jesus Freaks who hate it. (The ones who think the rapture is tomorrow).
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Is the OP serious?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
These motherfuckers said yogo is demonic. They better be on their way to this thread to take down Halloween next.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
What about atheists who celebrate Christmas? Is that OK?

If so, Christians can go trick-or-treating.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#13]
While I appreciate the parady this thread is, I know plenty of genuine wackos will be by to blowhard about how it's evil, pagan, devil worship, etc...
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I celebrate Halloween because it's the only day of the year that I can scare the literal shit out of children and their parents thanks me for it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#16]
It’s a holiday for children. I’m more worried about the kids that dress up as Disney characters than the ones dressed up like the devil or a vampire.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What about atheists who celebrate Christmas? Is that OK?

If so, Christians can go trick-or-treating.
View Quote

I am an atheist that loves Christmastime.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatvever they want to say to justify it.

Priest sucking off little boys? Just harmless fun.

If they want to do it it's OK

If they don't want you to do it then you will burn in hell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I assume most don't mind because it's very popular even in towns with a church on every corner. I guess the ones that do turn the lights off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The apostates that embraced a billion dollars worth of this heresy shall burn.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Already seeing Christmas decorations in stores
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Now that we talked about yoga, yogurt, and possessed robots, what do you think about Christians celebrating Halloween?

View Quote

Why would you ask such a dumb question. You hate Christianity and Christian people. Christians celebrate Halloween.  I see your poll is not going the they you wanted. Do you even know the history of trick or treating and how it came about in the United States? If you did, you'd know how dumb this is.

Those traditions were brought to the United States by Irish and Scottish immigrants in the mid-1800s By the 1920s, though, there were a lot more tricks than treats. Halloween became a night of vandalism and even acts of violence.   NEIGHBORS TAKE OVER Tired of the unruly behavior, neighborhoods across the country started holding organized events for children.

ANCIENT ORIGINS

Halloween has been around in one form or another since the first century B.C. and sweets have always played a big part.

During Celtic celebrations, food was left out overnight to supposedly calm unwanted spirits. And in later centuries, people would dress up and play pranks for food and drinks.

Those traditions were brought to the United States by Irish and Scottish immigrants in the mid-1800s. By the 1920s, though, there were a lot more tricks than treats. Halloween became a night of vandalism and even acts of violence.

NEIGHBORS TAKE OVER

Tired of the unruly behavior, neighborhoods across the country started holding organized events for children in an attempt to stop the acts of vandalism being committed by the little monsters. The vandalism being committed included, breaking windows, setting fires, stealing, beatings ect..ect...

A break for sugar rations during World War II put the beloved tradition on a brief hiatus, but it returned in the 1950s.

TRICK OR TREAT

The phrase "trick-or-treating" became common by the early 50s, showing up everywhere from the iconic Peanuts comics to Disney cartoons. The popularity remains today, with trick-or-treating being big business in America.

Families spend over $2 billion on candy each year, making Halloween the second-largest commercial holiday.

Leave my candy alone. it's a harmless holiday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
The apostates that embraced a billion dollars worth of this heresy shall burn.

https://img.harrypotterfansclub.com/wp-content/uploads/the-harry-potter-film-saw-eight-films-released-over-the.jpeg
View Quote

Didn't take long for my prediction (even more than I expected)..
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Jesus, just let kids have fun going out trick or treating and let chicks go to Halloween parties dressing extra slutty.

Win / win.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#26]
We do a haunted trail around our pond, sponsored by our Baptist Church..
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was younger the neighbors got in big with Jim and Tammy Faye Baker. They started putting up pipe barricades on their porch for halloween to keep the trick or treaters out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Co-opting a holiday to hand out candy and party in costumes is the best way to destroy it's origin and stamp out the ideology.

Just like as a white guy I get drunk on tequila on May 5th because fuck the mexican culture still celebrating victories from a country they fled from, take it, make it yours and cleanse it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I celebrate Reese not Satan.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just harmless fun.

This.

Yep. I know a lady who won't let her kids participate in any such day, makes her daughters wear dresses that drag the earth, no jeans whatsoever, and she can't get along with any church they join.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jesus, just let kids have fun going out trick or treating and let chicks go to Halloween parties dressing extra slutty.

Win / win.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep. I know a lady who won't let her kids participate in any such day, makes her daughters wear dresses that drag the earth, no jeans whatsoever, and she can't get along with any church they join.
View Quote

That's called someone who's psychotic and are not right in their head. Probably sexual abused as a child.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's called someone who's psychotic and are not right in their head. Probably sexual abused as a child.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about the sexual abused part but she's definitely fucked in the head.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#34]
you mean all hallows eve the Christian vigil?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Simple, I do not.

That said kids dressing up and begging for candy is ok, but after 16, yeah grow up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Unfortunately yes.  I switched to a different Christian grade school and you couldn't even mention Halloween.  They had "fall festival" instead.  No costumes, no fun, much lameness.

We left and went trick'r treating after we saw how dumb it was.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
nothin' slippery about it
modern times it's been co-opted by pagans as Christmas has been and Easter.
What's the Difference Between Halloween, All Saints Day and All Souls Day?
View Quote

More like the Christians co-opted the pagan holidays.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I was a kid everyone knew to avoid the street with the lady who would sit outside and yell at people with a stack of "you are going to hell" pamphlets.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Co-opting a holiday to hand out candy and party in costumes is the best way to destroy it's origin and stamp out the ideology.

Just like as a white guy I get drunk on tequila on May 5th because fuck the mexican culture still celebrating victories from a country they fled from, take it, make it yours and cleanse it.
View Quote

Eh, good point.  Any foreign nationals in the market for some slightly used blankets?
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Our church throws a huge trunk or treat for the community
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I celebrate Halloween because it's the only day of the year that I can scare the literal shit out of children and their parents thanks me for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Simple, I do not.

That said kids dressing up and begging for candy is ok, but after 16, yeah grow up.
View Quote

What's cool is after you grow up you can buy all the candy you want

The only time I buy candy and eat it is at Halloween.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#43]
We are the house with the full size candy and people stop in the street all October to take pictures of the decorations. Every September my wife makes Home Depot stock go up a percent.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am an atheist that loves Christmastime.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Are there still people who believe you shouldn’t celebrate Halloween?

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I suspect many on here don't know the origins of Halloween. And they'll cruise right past Sandbowl1980's post because it contains more than 2 sentences.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Carving pumpkins and taking your kid tricker treating isn’t worshipping satan.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#48]
We don’t participate in Halloween at our house.

We have a fall festival at church.

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
you mean all hallows eve the Christian vigil?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Simple, I do not.

View Quote
I agree on the door to door, but the parties used to be my favorite in my 20s.  

It saddens me that I will likely never have sex with a hot 20yo dressed as Little Red Riding hood again.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top