Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any issues with Costco?  Good or bad experiences?
View Quote

Only had good experience with Costco Michelin tires other than a long wait (2 hours) each time getting new tires put on. Have gone through two sets of Michelin tires now over the course of 15 years on a econobox car. Trick with Costco is to wait till they have the $70 off the tire brand you seek and the 1 cent per tire install deal. Saved $130 the last time on tires over anyone else local for their no name tires and about $80 cheaper than Tire Rack.

Paid a bit over $400 in 2018 for a complete set of Michelin-X Tour A/S T + H's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope your not driving a 2003 Ford Explorer.
I Bought tires through Costco online, paid for and appointment scheduled 2 weeks out.  The local store waits until the day before install to tell me they can’t install Blizzak tires on Ford Explorers because of some corporate policy due to an old lawsuit. I asked if he’s referring to the Ford and Firestone debacle from 20 years ago?  he seemed to think that was the reason for the policy.  I got my money back and went to a different tire store
View Quote

Oh hell yeah. I know exactly what you are talking about. I used to have this POS 2 door explorer sport.  The nation essentially canceled that car before we knew what being canceled was.

Uhaul refused to rent to me. Had the tire issue at some places like you too. All because of that stupid Firestone tire thing. And this car never even had those tires. Computer systems just locked you out when you put the vehicle in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Great price and they could not be beat on new Michelin's for my F150.

The only bad thing is they cancelled by 1st order after two days. I reordered and it went thru. They hit my credit card and while I was waiting on a delivery notification I decided to call my local Costco where they were shipped to and the guy from Costco says "yeah, we got them and they were here two weeks"

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If only someone had asked this question before...

Oh wait, it's like every other week.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've put those exact tires from Costco on 4 vehicles. I highly recommend them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to shit on Costco (love buying groceries there), but the last set of tires I bought (Micheline Defender LTX) I got online (free shipping) and had them installed at a local garage for $25/ea. Overall, it was still cheaper than a set at Costco.

BUT.....

If I hadn't have found that deal online, I definitely would've gone to Costco. They carry the tire I put on my truck in stock and the guys that work there seem to know their stuff.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Green is for the nitrogen fill.

I prefer black as well for my custom blend of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and trace gases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just had those same tires put on my SUV at Costco. Best price around, and took about 45 minutes.

Only complaint was they put those stupid green valve stem caps on. Had to go buy another set of black ones.
Green is for the nitrogen fill.

I prefer black as well for my custom blend of nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and trace gases.

I like you.  No one else gets it when I say the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Costco set my tire pressure differently on front and back.  

33 psi on fronts and 36 psi on rears. They even gave me a sticker saying this is what they need to be at.

What's the reason for this. Is this standard?  The only time I have heard to do this is if you are towing something heavy.
Are they actually doing it in a calibrated way how the tire tread sits? Wouldn't expect that honestly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Costco set my tire pressure differently on front and back.  

33 psi on fronts and 36 psi on rears. They even gave me a sticker saying this is what they need to be at.

What's the reason for this. Is this standard?  The only time I have heard to do this is if you are towing something heavy.
Are they actually doing it in a calibrated way how the tire tread sits? Wouldn't expect that honestly.
View Quote
Look inside the drivers door for a sticker that gives you tire pressure info and see what it says.
Should look kinda like this:

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I generally use Costco or Discount Tires....whichever has the better deal.   Last couple sets from Discount Tires have been pretty hard to beat with their Black Friday sale.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Way better than Sam’s Club, way better service. Michelin are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look inside the drivers door for a sticker that gives you tire pressure info and see what it says.
Should look kinda like this:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/wtQAAOSwOyJX5LAd/s-l400.jpg
View Quote

I'll be damned. I knew the sticker was there but never noticed the difference from front and rear.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I got one set for my Impala from Costco about 4 years ago.

Good enough tires, superb customer service. They didn't last forever for me, but I drove a sedan the way sedans weren't meant to be driven. Almost entirely gravel roads.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Free rotations and balancing while you shop for the life of the tires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting on getting tires installed at Costco. First time using them. Any issues with Costco?  Good or bad experiences?

Getting a set of Michilin defender Ltx's
$1,087 OTD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220414_121427_jpg-2348729.JPG

Free rotations and balancing while you shop for the life of the tires.

Damn. That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a friend that owns a firestone dealership and I used him because I like to support him but if not I'd go to Costco for tires for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just got into my car. Noticed the green nitrogen caps too. I wasn't expecting them to put nitrogen in there.

Someone remind me, why nitrogen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just got into my car. Noticed the green nitrogen caps too. I wasn't expecting them to put nitrogen in there.

Someone remind me, why nitrogen?

TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM INTERFERENCE.
1.Moisture causes issues out the TMS sensors/system , nitrogen is inert and compressors/dispensing systems strip the moisture even more when it generated thus it should have far less moisture than anything from a normal atmosphere compressor.
2. The TMS don't like pressure fluctuations, nitrogen is less susceptible to environmental changes.
Everything else is smoked and mirrors

Quoted:
A good friend of mine used to run a Costco tire center.  Good dude.

I'd say they are GTG

So far service is good. Friendly, fast, and adult techs doing the work.

Apparently they come with a tire protection plan with the purchase(now extra). Has anyone used this?  Other places charge $25-35 per tire for  something similar.

This is a huge deal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I met Jon Favreau while in line for tires at a Costco.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought those same tires at costco last year.

15k miles in and no regrets.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
We have summer tires on all three of our rigs.  Costco doesn't sell studs, so we have another brand for our winter tires on our trucks.

I was thinking the time frame for Costco tires is 6 years.  We moved our Tacoma to AK (only to be used for 3 weeks a year) and after some time up here I took it in to have a balance (I can't do that at home!) and rotate.  The nice lady said she can't find the tires in her system and when she looked at the tires she said they were well beyond the 6 year period; they will not touch a tire that's over 6.  Those tires are still rolling just fine, but we will replace them "soon".  I don't think they, Michelin, makes that size any more.

We have had very good luck with Costco and Michelin tires; often getting a lot more miles that they are rated for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Only problem I ever had with Costco tires is limited selection.  

I don't live near a Costco now.  Local tire shop can get me whatever I want, usually in less than 24hrs.  Don't even count how many patches and plugs I have gotten done free as it is part of their service.  They usually will fix a flat between vehicles, so generally less than a 30 minute wait.  Only real problem is when they have a vehicle on the lift doing 4 tires on a clock.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top