Quoted:

Maybe you guys should make a flag.  
View Quote

We already have the proper flag.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think that qualifies as actually doing something, good for you.  Well that's one of you guys now I've heard of that's done at least one thing besides posting on arfcom.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't my only social media. I don't exist in a vacuum. I voice my opinion on sites that AREN'T republican echo chambers.  I write to my representatives, local, state,  and federal. I vote my conscience.  What should I be doing?  Quitting my 10-hour-a-day job so I can go carry a picket sign on the sidewalk in front of the White House?

I think that qualifies as actually doing something, good for you.  Well that's one of you guys now I've heard of that's done at least one thing besides posting on arfcom.  

Who are you that they need to appease?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So yes you prefer silence and pretending the situation isn’t what it is.
View Quote

Silence and doing nothing are effectively the same thing.  No public policy is going to change based on what you post on arfcom.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Holy Crap, this is some kind of mental illness to keep hand wringing over COVID.  Give it a f-ing rest.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm raising awareness.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy Crap, this is some kind of mental illness to keep hand wringing over COVID.  Give it a f-ing rest.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For the TL;DR crowd....a few snippets.

For three years,.. .

Doin' right ain't got no end.

Doin' right ain't got no end

I and many others on this site, were right from day one on this pandemic. Whether through sheer luck, divine inspiration, or common sense, we called it the whole way. We were rewarded with ridicule, hate, ad hominem attacks, and worse. I literally had to carry papers and keep them at the ready for inspection. It's not something which I will ever let die.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Silence and doing nothing are effectively the same thing.  No public policy is going to change based on what you post on arfcom.
View Quote
It might be that you are right and it might be that you are wrong.  I don't know that answer because I can't see the future, but why do you take issue with said people talking about it?  Why is that problem for you?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The line is "At this point in time, what difference does it make"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

It's sooooo entertaining to watch the knee-jerk responses of "nooooo I don't want to hear about it lalalala" as we unpack what was the largest, most pervasive, hamfisted, and coordinated abuse of human rights EVER.

I bet most of these accounts that lapped up and retransmitted years of MSM COVID talking points, and now wish that it all just went away, are people who tried to enforce the masking, isolation, ventilators, lockdowns, and shots.

Fuck every single one of you Nazis with a size 14 jackboot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure, no problem.  After the appropriate exposure, convictions and public sentences are carried out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am not sure of what you are going on about man. Just because it does or does not meet your criteria of what is or is not worthy of doing does not make it anymore or less worthy. If for the most minuscule reason of caring about other arfcommers in hopes history does not repeat itself, it is enough. There are battles and there are wars. We are at war literally with tyranny and whether direct action is taken or inspirational action...it is worthy of doing. Not everyone carries the rifle, someone needs to also carry the flag or play the flute.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It might be that you are right and it might be that you are wrong.  I don't know that answer because I can't see the future, but why do you take issue with said people talking about it?  Why is that problem for you?
View Quote

Because it's no different than this:

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77166/OIP-2884063.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit.  It's a clearly defined obstruction with clearly outlined objections.  May your chains rest lightly, sir.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#13]
The article is not about COVID, it is about censorship. The pandemic just brought it to light.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's hard to give it a rest.  I had family members that called me a conspiracy theorist because I had Covid and believed that my natural immunity would be enough to protect me from getting covid again.  They all told me to just get the shot.  Fauchi said there was no natural immunity.  My family said I was selfish for not wanting to protect loved ones by getting the vaccine.  If they had just made the vaccine the old fashion way, out of dead virus cells, I would have taken the vaccine.  There was no way in hell I was going to take an experimental drug that was fast tracked and not tested.  The CDC knew in May of 2021 that the vaccine didn't work and they still pushed it on the population.  They still lied to us and said that if you take the vaccine, you wouldn't get covid.  They lied to us and they continue to lie to us.  I will never trust the CDC or the government again.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
You sort of are though.  We have heard you and your message.  It was made clear some time ago and people have/will read it.  You have the highest number of responses on this thread though...including the OP.  You are the one most contributing to keeping the thread at the top of page 1.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  It's a clearly defined obstruction with clearly outlined objections.  May your chains rest lightly, sir.
View Quote

It's posting on a message board.  This doesn't change anything.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's spurred me to action, so yeah, it has.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You sort of are though.  We have heard you and your message.  It was made clear some time ago and people have/will read it.  You have the highest number of responses on this thread though...including the OP.  You are the one most contributing to keeping the thread at the top of page 1.

Thank you.
View Quote

Maybe if I post enough on a message board, that will outlaw experimental vaccine mandates.  Cause that's how laws work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Who’s going to start a class action lawsuit against these liars and thieves.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I'll just come up and punch you in the face and hide behind police.  Come back 3 years later and we're cool, right?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's hard to give it a rest.  I had family members that called me a conspiracy theorist because I had Covid and believed that my natural immunity would be enough to protect me from getting covid again.  They all told me to just get the shot.  Fauchi said there was no natural immunity.  My family said I was selfish for not wanting to protect loved ones by getting the vaccine.  If they had just made the vaccine the old fashion way, out of dead virus cells, I would have taken the vaccine.  There was no way in hell I was going to take an experimental drug that was fast tracked and not tested.  The CDC knew in May of 2020 that the vaccine didn't work and they still pushed it on the population.  They still lied to us and said that if you take the vaccine, you wouldn't get covid.  They lied to us and they continue to lie to us.  I will never trust the CDC or the government again.
View Quote

My brother told my mom I was going to kill her because I didn't get the shot, even though I got covid and recovered.

Every other country on the planet recognized natural immunity except the US.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm raising awareness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm raising awareness.

Let’s test that shall we? What were some of the problems you witnessed that need to be addressed?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m not forgetting the lies friends and family mindlessly accepted and perpetuated instead of asking any critical questions.  I won’t forget their responses to understandable critical questions.  I won’t forget that even in 2023 there has been no accountability for the attempt at destroying every right possible.

If you really want the conversation to die, then I’m not expecting you to advocate for life, liberty, or the right of anyone to pursue happiness in this country.  You’ve chosen a very un-American hill to die on.  May your chains rest lightly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe if I post enough on a message board, that will outlaw experimental vaccine mandates.  Cause that's how laws work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.

Maybe if I stay silent through the violation of my rights, things will get better for me.  Because that's how things work.  

Anyway, nice straw man.  No one ever claimed that THIS PLACE was the only place they were active. And even if it were, reading these posts have encouraged others to take action.  Your apathy, on the other hand, doesn't accomplish a thing that's positive.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

These are huge issues to me. Massive 1st amendment violations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Discovery in Missouri v. Biden exposed relationships among government agencies and social-media firms and revealed an additional layer of university centers and self-styled disinformation watchdogs and fact-checking outfits. -WSJ

Elon Musk's release of some of Twitter's internal files revealed that up to 80 Federal Bureau of Investigation agents were embedded with social-media companies. The agents mostly weren't fighting terrorism but flagging wrongthink by American citizens, including eminent scientists who suggested different paths on Covid policy. -WSJ

These are huge issues to me. Massive 1st amendment violations.

Yup. Recall all the, “their platform, their rules” and “the 1st doesn’t protect you from private party censorship” types. Of course the feds were calling the shots. The government cannot outsource the censorship and claim it wasn’t them doing the censoring.  The socials became a proxy for government propaganda.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#27]
They apathetic cynics and naysayers in this thread are pathetic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Psyops start fast here now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Maybe if I stay silent through the violation of my rights, things will get better for me.  Because that's how things work.  

Anyway, nice straw man.  No one ever claimed that THIS PLACE was the only place they were active. And even if it were, reading these posts have encouraged others to take action.  Your apathy, on the other hand, doesn't accomplish a thing that's positive.
View Quote

Take action like how?  Again, I'm willing to be educated.  If there's some grass roots political action happening here and I just don't see it I'd be awful pleased to be wrong.  If it amounts to, "I also post my rants on the local newspaper site" then well, sorry that's just slacktivism in 2 places instead of 1.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's never going to matter if the focus remains on purse swinging online instead of legislation.  The guys here I see talking about this stuff all the time never want to do anything but have internet arguments about it.
View Quote

Totally purse swinging.  No one is doing anything.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For three years,.. .

wegotone.jpg
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Take action like how?  Again, I'm willing to be educated.  If there's some grass roots political action happening here and I just don't see it I'd be awful pleased to be wrong.  If it amounts to, "I also post my rants on the local newspaper site" then well, sorry that's just slacktivism in 2 places instead of 1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a local group of several hundred people that are extremely active politically.  I've attended a couple of meetings and usually abstained from assisting more due to time constraints.  My priorities have changed, and I'm going to make it happen.  It's a very well organized group of professionals that have gotten into office and drafted some excellent legislation.   They've already gotten several wins under their belt in my part of the world relating to vaccines and school requirements, as well as constitutional carry.

I hope you've been educated.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't worry, this will be all over MSNBC, CNN etc....
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The past isn't what you saw and know. It's what the media claim it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

The past isn't what you saw and know. It's what the media claim it was.

The "media" is dying a slow death.  That's why they had to go all in on this.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did someone here do something regarding that?  Or was that just a link to a tweet?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For three years,.. .

Wanted to forget benghazi, too.  Let's forget Nazi concentration camps while we're at it.  Communist murders, etc.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
So embedding Federal agents into private social media companies in order to censor speech isn't a problem for you?
Got it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then why do you bother doing it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#39]
People watched their husbands, wives, children etc. die over fucking zoom on an iPad and we’re suppose to just let it go?

Livelihoods were destroyed. Businesses that provided for generations were closed and forced to close their doors permanently as a result.

Fuck you, no. Not till heads are on pikes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have a local group of several hundred people that are extremely active politically.  I've attended a couple of meetings and usually abstained from assisting more due to time constraints.  My priorities have changed, and I'm going to make it happen.  It's a very well organized group of professionals that have gotten into office and drafted some excellent legislation.   They've already gotten several wins under their belt in my part of the world relating to vaccines and school requirements, as well as constitutional carry.

View Quote

I have been educated, if you're going to actually do something then more power to you.  There is a difference between that and posting on arfcom, I swear.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Still a lot of shadow banning on Twitter.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm trying to convince people to shit or get off the pot.  Do something about your grievances about covid or stop posting the same shit over and over again.  I thought that was obvious, but there it is spelled out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Exactly.

It's sooooo entertaining to watch the knee-jerk responses of "nooooo I don't want to hear about it lalalala" as we unpack what was the largest, most pervasive, hamfisted, and coordinated abuse of human rights EVER.

I bet most of these accounts that lapped up and retransmitted years of MSM COVID talking points, and now wish that it all just went away, are people who tried to enforce the masking, isolation, ventilators, lockdowns, and shots.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Worse still is that it happened right here in the good old US of A, supposedly the last bastion of freedom on earth. We shouldn't forget or forgive those who forced their malevolence on others. We should be pressing to hold them to account.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

NEVER FORGET what our governments did and what people wanted done to the unvaxxed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I have been educated, if you're going to actually do something then more power to you.  There is a difference between that and posting on arfcom, I swear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In true arfcom fashion, I'll get both.  Posts on arfcom are what have motivated me to get back into it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm trying to convince people to shit or get off the pot.  Do something about your grievances about covid or stop posting the same shit over and over again.  I thought that was obvious, but there it is spelled out.
View Quote

Posting about it and learning the depth of the lies and manipulation is exactly what people should be doing to learn from past mistakes so they don't make them again in the future.

No clue what your idea of "doing something about it" is......but posting, conversing and learning about it is arguably the best "do something" that can be done.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That statement glows.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Posting on arfcom is never going to put anyone in prison.  You're not doing anything.
View Quote

What they are doing is having an honest discussion.  When covid was running rampant across the country, people were getting censored on social media for not accepting the government line of reasoning...YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others were stifling dissent.

Arfcom was one of the few social media sites where we could have a forthright discussion of the facts and present the data.  I thank the members here for gleaning the data from medical journals, the CDC, WHO, and other sites from around the world and laying it out so people could make an informed decision as to whether they should take the vaccine.

Posting the pros and cons of an argument always helps somebody formulate their opinions.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That statement glows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That statement glows.

Ha, I thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Posting about it and learning the depth of the lies and manipulation is exactly what people should be doing to learn from past mistakes so they don't make them again in the future.

No clue what your idea of "doing something about it" is......but posting, conversing and learning about it is arguably the best "do something" that can be done.
View Quote

Nobody from the government is going to read this.  They will make the same "mistakes" again as long as it's legal.  Our only hope for changing the behavior of government is legislation.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top