Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The last Walmart with stock in my AO dropped the price from 174 all the way down to 68 this morning. Both cans were in the ammo case. Thanks again OP!
View Quote
The two cans in Sterling CO are cheap if they're anywhere in your area.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If anybody is in VA and near King George county it looks like there are still 2 cans left at the $64 price. I’d go get them but it’s over an hour drive each way.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
N/M
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
just left Dicks in Newnan GA

Loss prevention manager  Said corporate issued a Company BOLO/do not sell this Ammo for reduced price today

Sucks
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Loss prevention manager  Said corporate issued a Company BOLO/do not sell this Ammo for reduced price today

Sucks
View Quote
If true it was a matter of time
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sucks
View Quote

You guys broke dicks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks
It’s true

He showed me the memo and said if there wasn’t a corpora memo he’d be happy to oblige me,however he couldn’t risk his job
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You guys broke dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks

You guys broke dicks.
Freaking awesome
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If anybody is in VA and near King George county it looks like there are still 2 cans left at the $64 price. I’d go get them but it’s over an hour drive each way.
View Quote
Just went to the King George one, it shows 2 but there either not there or an employee is hiding them. Nowhere out front and they said they don’t keep any ammo in the back. They didn’t have any Rem 120 either, only 220gr at $17.xx per box. Did get 200 9mm for $37.xx though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to Dicks in Athens today.  Couldn't find the cans where the other centerfire ammo is located.  I was about to leave and glanced down at the bottom shelf of the shotgun ammo.  4 cans.  Took them to the front and asked if they could price match.  I showed the Walmart price pic from here to her.  She did not even look to see what it was, just asked "64.33?".  I said yes.  She said ok.  Rang it up and adjusted the price.  I laughed all the way out.  I guess they didn't get the memo.

THEN, I went to Academy.  Found 3 cans.  Showed them the Dicks receipt and the Walmart price pic.  They honored it and took another 5% off.

Thanks OP and everyone who has added strategies to get a great deal on this!

Oh, and I had already bought 9 cans from Walmart.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to Dicks in Athens today.  Couldn't find the cans where the other centerfire ammo is located.  I was about to leave and glanced down at the bottom shelf of the shotgun ammo.  4 cans.  Took them to the front and asked if they could price match.  I showed the Walmart price pic from here to her.  She did not even look to see what it was, just asked "64.33?".  I said yes.  She said ok.  Rang it up and adjusted the price.  I laughed all the way out.  I guess they didn't get the memo.

THEN, I went to Academy.  Found 3 cans.  Showed them the Dicks receipt and the Walmart price pic.  They honored it and took another 5% off.

Thanks OP and everyone who has added strategies to get a great deal on this!

Oh, and I had already bought 9 cans from Walmart.
View Quote
Jealous.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Sucks
View Quote
Ah shit.  Figured that would happen.  Betting it won’t be long before Academy follows suit.

Nice job to you folks that stuck it to them before they caught on
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Scored 8 cans @64.33 at Dicks today, guess I got in just in time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol fuck Dick's

Current haul:

Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite is the receipt:

"Your Savings: $678.30"

But seriously, Fuck Dick's!
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sucks
View Quote
Dang.

Glad I got in on it this afternoon.

ETA - though a Walmart in my AO dropped their price to $35. But they’ve been OOS for like 2 months.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Freaking awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks

You guys broke dicks.
Freaking awesome
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You guys broke dicks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sucks

You guys broke dicks.
Good, they can choke on a bag of themselves.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#19]
"Total Savings $678.30"

LOL. That's sweet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know how long this will go on? I’m out of town the next few days.

Also what is academy using to price match? Brickseek or Walmart website?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tried Academy earlier and the guy originally says yes to the $63.44, tells me to go up front and have them call back to him. I get up there and they tell me to go back to gun counter. No joke the dude is freaking out and says he needs to get approval from someone else and says he’s afraid he might loose his job over a discount like this lol. I just told him don’t worry about it, I had just cleaned Dicks out for 8 cans about 30 min prior
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I can’t believe Dick’s has the nerve to charge $200 for one of those cans
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I can’t believe Dick’s has the nerve to charge $200 for one of those cans
View Quote
The one next to me won’t be able to anymore. I took all they had for $64.33
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A Wal Mart within my driving radius showed "limited stock" this morning at $68. None on the shelf, and the sporting goods manager said it was probably an error that inventory showed one.  I pestered her to go look but she was very sure a clearance item wouldn't be in the back.

On the way out, I came across a manager and he was willing to go look. Turns out there was an inventory error; there were five in the back instead of one. So I bought two more.  
View Quote
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Judging from Walmart’s remaining stock probably done in the next couple of days. Tuesday price drop is tomorrow and the cans left at Walmart are running low already. Sounds like the jig is up at Dicks and Academy is probably not far behind.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The two cans in Sterling CO are cheap if they're anywhere in your area.
View Quote
I’m in the South Denver  metro area. If I didn’t already have 6 cans I might’ve gone for it. Thanks for the update! Maybe somebody closer can grab ‘em.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tried Academy earlier and the guy originally says yes to the $63.44, tells me to go up front and have them call back to him. I get up there and they tell me to go back to gun counter. No joke the dude is freaking out and says he needs to get approval from someone else and says he’s afraid he might loose his job over a discount like this lol. I just told him don’t worry about it, I had just cleaned Dicks out for 8 cans about 30 min prior
View Quote
The internet has  "The Fappening".

ARF has had "The Dickening".

Not to be confused in any way with ARFcockalypse
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I see alot of "DICKS" employees getting slapped.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#29]
So I wonder who alerted Dick's to this deal? No way in hell did corporate find this out on their own so quickly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So I wonder who alerted Dick's to this deal? No way in hell did corporate find this out on their own so quickly.
View Quote
My thought too.

Store managers probably sent this up the chain pretty quick when it started happening. We’ve had several people comment that managers wouldn’t give them the discount but regular cashiers would.

Or, shoot, arfcom is everywhere. This thread, or the Walmart deals one, may have been seen by someone who was able to hoist the red flag on it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m jealous I didn’t get in on this deal. You guys are pretty dang good at this stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’m jealous I didn’t get in on this deal. You guys are pretty dang good at this stuff.
View Quote
Keep checking the app. I've had three stores near me have them come back in stock after they were out
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok, which one of you was the guy in front of me at the store in Tallassee today that got two cans for $89 each.

Thanks for leaving me all the Winchester black box 45 for $7 and 38 special for $11 a box. I bought all of them.  

Never a wasted trip to Wally World.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Anybody got the sku for XM193?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:46:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anybody got the sku for XM193?
View Quote
SKU 39138849
UPC 02946556520 according to my Wally world receipt
UPC 029465565206 according to brickseek
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:44:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Tried yesterday at walmart. This cunt manager told me they dont match prices on discontinued ammo.

Fucking stank cunt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Some of ya'll are wound way too tight.  It is fun to get a good deal, but Walmart doesn't price match on anything between stores.  It's policy.

Play by the rules and enjoy when it works out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Tried yesterday at walmart. This cunt manager told me they dont match prices on discontinued ammo.

Fucking stank cunt.
View Quote
Thats why you gotta show them the shelf tag, which was not marked clearance, and tell them its just a manufacturer price drop they havent gotten yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldnt doubt that Dicks has inventory control software that flags things like this. Its pretty easy to do with big enterprise software and a place like Dicks has to have it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Some of ya'll are wound way too tight.  It is fun to get a good deal, but Walmart doesn't price match on anything between stores.  It's policy.

Play by the rules and enjoy when it works out.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wouldnt doubt that Dicks has inventory control software that flags things like this. Its pretty easy to do with big enterprise software and a place like Dicks has to have it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not uncommon in retail to have loss prevention review reports from stores showing manual inventory reductions and price overrides as part of their jobs.
They could have easily picked it up this way seeing it happening at multiple locations.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sucks
View Quote
I posted that shit was going to happen (on the WM clearance thread) a couple hrs before you posted this ^^

Just surprised it happened that quickly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thats why you gotta show them the shelf tag, which was not marked clearance, and tell them its just a manufacturer price drop they havent gotten yet.
View Quote
Tried this essentially still a no go. Each dept manager at each store seems to have their own discretion on this. Basically told me to pound sand and it will drop after another set of days if it hasn’t sold..
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

SKU 39138849
UPC 02946556520 according to my Wally world receipt
UPC 029465565206 according to brickseek
View Quote
Outstanding!   Much thanks!  
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Just left my local dicks and they said they don’t price match Walmart  No sound explanation other then we don’t price match Walmart
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just left my local dicks and they said they don’t price match Walmart  No sound explanation other then we don’t price match Walmart
View Quote
That's not what their site says

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Stopped at Academy just for a chance and they honored it 66.27 out the door
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#48]
OK tell me if this will work. There is one can atWalmart listed for $89, do you think they will price match the Academy receipt that is in Hand
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Read the rest of their exclusions.  It says they don't price match clearance (this is) and the item has to be in stock (it isn't in most cases).  I am all about getting a deal, but you guys gaming the system is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Read the rest of their exclusions.  It says they don't price match clearance (this is) and the item has to be in stock (it isn't in most cases).  I am all about getting a deal, but you guys gaming the system is why we can't have nice things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I tried and they said no. I wasn’t a jerk or pushy or anything of the sorts. Didn’t ask for a manager either.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top