Page / 178
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rtintwo] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Furloaf:
Those were very good episodes.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Crosshair wouldn’t have missed and then the episode would be 5 minutes long.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, really great episodes. I was hoping that the assassin was a young Boba Fett But I guess Boba is only about 14-15 at this time. I'm not exactly clear how much time has passed since RotS ended.

I was really surprised by the turn of events with Rampart. It unraveled quite quickly for him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Wow, really great episodes. I was hoping that the assassin was a young Boba Fett But I guess Boba is only about 14-15 at this time. I'm not exactly clear how much time has passed since RotS ended.

I was really surprised by the turn of events with Rampart. It unraveled quite quickly for him.
View Quote

Neither Admiral Ackbar nor Princess Leia were around to warn him. Not that ever do until it's too late.

These were redemption episodes after the last few.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Pretty sure it’s 18BBY.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
As soon I as saw that hole to the lower levels I figured the “Martez sisters” were going to show up and ruin the episode. Thankfully that didn’t happen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
As soon I as saw that hole to the lower levels I figured the “Martez sisters” were going to show up and ruin the episode. Thankfully that didn’t happen.
View Quote

Same. Was probably their garage, but as he said, they were out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I don't think they are going to waste Rampart.  I think they are going to just have him working more covertly from Mount Tantiss.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

I don't think they are going to waste Rampart.  I think they are going to just have him working more covertly from Mount Tantiss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Maybe.  He's a convenient scapegoat, but also knows far too much so keeping him under wraps like that would make sense.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Rampart is one cold mother.

They’ll either have him doing some covert shit or make him a scapegoat and be replaced by somebody worse.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

They’ll either have him doing some covert shit or make him a scapegoat and be replaced by somebody worse.
View All Quotes

I hope Rampart is done. Right now is the perfect end of him. The emperor has used him to do some serious evil. Then at the first sign of trouble rampart was thrown under the bus, then the bus did a burn out on his face.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone else think it was incredibly dumb to send Omega on the Senate mission? Does the Batch not realize her importance? The Kaminoan scientist Nala Se said that her DNA was critical to the cloning program as they didn't have any more good Jango DNA, but what if she meant the other program, and not clone army program (see Somehow Palpatine returned).

I get that they don't think she's force sensitive as they knew and fought with Jedi. But still, I thought it was a dumb move. Especially when she outed herself to the Kaminoan ex-senator.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:33:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Did anyone else think it was incredibly dumb to send Omega on the Senate mission? Does the Batch not realize her importance? The Kaminoan scientist Nala Se said that her DNA was critical to the cloning program as they didn't have any more good Jango DNA, but what if she meant the other program, and not clone army program (see Somehow Palpatine returned).

I get that they don't think she's force sensitive as they knew and fought with Jedi. But still, I thought it was a dumb move. Especially when she outed herself to the Kaminoan ex-senator.
View Quote

I’m not sure, that senator was pretty apathetic concerning Kamino.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#13]

View Quote

Yes, and even dumber how open they were about her being a clone.  It's undoubtedly going to come back and bite them in the ass.

Halle Burtoni is a snake.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, Omega's identity as a clone, a special clone, was handled way too loosely.  I thought Rampart maybe should even have known her from Kamino, or if they ran into Tarkin or any other senior officer, etc.

Other wtf was how the decommissioned Venator had power to weapons and engines.  Although that was cool so give it a pass.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the Venator was undergoing refit, not decommissioning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

With Kamino gone, I’m not sure they care about Jango’s DNA anymore. However, I did think it was stupid because she could’ve easily been recognized by Rampart or someone else giving away the fact that the Bad Batch was on Coruscant.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to know more about the assassin clone. Secret black ops division?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I want to know more about the assassin clone. Secret black ops division?
View Quote

ScreenCrush on YouTube theorized that the assassin clone came from the Mount Tantiss cloning facility that they took Nala Se to at the end of season 1.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Correct.  Upgrading, not decomishioning. (sp)
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]

ScreenCrush on YouTube theorized that the assassin clone came from the Mount Tantiss cloning facility that they took Nala Se to at the end of season 1.
View Quote
Probably.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#21]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

View All Quotes

Yes.  It was also powered down so much they had to reroute power to the bridge.  But the weapons and engines are immediately operational when needed.  It made me go huh but admit it's nitpicking.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Bad Batch was actually really damn good for season 2"s episodes 7 & 8.

At first I thought the idea of a Senator helping clones who can't vote or donate money to her was about the most fictional thing in Star Wars until I remembered that the Senator when she was younger and her entire family was saved by the Clones in the Season 1 of "The Clone Wars."  

It's really great seeing the very early Empire in "Bad Batch" and then the just "Pre-Death Star" Empire in Andor.  You can see Bad Batch that Palpatine still very much needed the Senate to maintain control of the Galaxy, but you can already see in Bad Batch how he is increasingly separating himself from the Senate to avoid lending it legitimacy and authority whenever possible. By Andor I doubt the Emperor is even attending any debates in the Senate whatsoever.

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#23]

View Quote

Nala Se and the Prime Minister of Kamino were the only ones who understood Omega's importance and I believe the Prime Minister is dead now.  

I think the reveal of Omega to the former Kaminoan Senator was necessary to the story, because it's going to probably bring back into play Nala Se and the Empire's secret cloning facility that could even play into plot lines with The Mandalorian and Ahsoka series.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2023 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes.  It was also powered down so much they had to reroute power to the bridge.  But the weapons and engines are immediately operational when needed.  It made me go huh but admit it's nitpicking.
View All Quotes

Well, in theory, Echo had a direction connection with the ship's computer, and being at the bridge would have control over just about anything he wanted.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Finally watched Tales of the Jedi. The Dooku and second half of the Ahsoka arc were awesome.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Were those the last two episodes for this season of BB?
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Were those the last two episodes for this season of BB?
View Quote

No. We’re halfway through.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Nice! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#29]
What’d y’all think of today’s episode?

I wouldn’t say exactly hopeless, but close to it. Seems that Grini Millegi was pretty close to the mark when he said that Cid would leave them high and dry.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#30]
Yeah, the high point of this episode was the music and scenery.

I'm not broken up by the Marauder's loss. It seemed like it painted a huge target on them, especially around Imperials. I think something more like Anakin's Twilight Freighter would suit them better. I really wish they'd move the Cid story along too. The episode is called Crossroads, so maybe it's a tell that the Batch will be parting ways with her soon.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:42:57 AM EDT
[#31]
I liked the episode. Not much action but plenty of character development. Losing the Marauder isn’t the end of the world, I’m sure they’ll get another ship. There’s a new Bad Batch Lego set out of a new ship which is probably what they’ll end up with. It also includes a minifigure that would be a little spoiler-ish if I was specific so we’ll just wait and see what happens.
The landscape of the planet they’re on is beautiful. Looking forward to next week’s episode tk see where this is going.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 7:50:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#32]
Boobs at the link

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Boobs at the link

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2023 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Boobs at the link

View Quote

It’s never the ones you want to see.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Millegi warned them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I kept getting distracted by the music.  For some reason, it reminded me of The Unforgiven by Metallica.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

I kept getting distracted by the music.  For some reason, it reminded me of The Unforgiven by Metallica.
View All Quotes

Made me think of Indiana Jones.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Mando hype is heating up.  Excited for next Bad Batch now too.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#39]
I’m binge re-watching all the key Ahsoka episodes from the Clone Wars pilot and series. Watching her character arc in such a small time frame really makes you feel how badly the Jedi Council fucked her over.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 4:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#40]
Speaking of Mando and Ahsoka, Mando will have a season 4 and Ahsoka will be at least two seasons...
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m binge re-watching all the key Ahsoka episodes from the Clone Wars pilot and series. Watching her character arc in such a small time frame really makes you feel how badly the Jedi Council fucked her over.
View Quote

She's stronger away from the Jedi order...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#42]
After these last two episodes, that pod racing filler doesn't seem so bad now...
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah a bit disappointed in the resolution.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep. Pretty lame resolution.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#45]
So we've seen homages to Last Crusade and Raiders so far, and now we get Temple of Doom. Visuals and music continue to be the high points of these last 2 episodes. I still like the pod racing episode best of the filler episodes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m ready for these “filler” and character building episodes to be behind us.

They need to break off from Cid and move on with the storyline.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#48]
All sorts of rumors on YouTube today that Boba Fett will be in Mandalorian season 3. And Jon Favreau said season 3 isn't the end, as we're only in the middle of the story.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#49]
All sorts of rumors on YouTube today that Boba Fett will be in Mandalorian season 3. And Jon Favreau said season 3 isn't the end, as we're only in the middle of the story.
View Quote

Boba fett was good in season 2 of Mando just not his own show
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Yea, BoBF was a letdown. I wanted to see the Boba Fett that made Vader say, “no disintegrations.”
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top