BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 178
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Yea, BoBF was a letdown. I wanted to see the Boba Fett that made Vader say, “no disintegrations.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
All sorts of rumors on YouTube today that Boba Fett will be in Mandalorian season 3. And Jon Favreau said season 3 isn't the end, as we're only in the middle of the story.

Boba fett was good in season 2 of Mando just not his own show

Yea, BoBF was a letdown. I wanted to see the Boba Fett that made Vader say, “no disintegrations.”

BoBF was horrendous.  That whole series needed a re-write.

As for Mando S3...I am disappointed that they brought Grogu back...especially that they did it in another show. I am worried he is going to become the way they get Din out of a lot of bad situations.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes
All sorts of rumors on YouTube today that Boba Fett will be in Mandalorian season 3. And Jon Favreau said season 3 isn't the end, as we're only in the middle of the story.

He could and should have been awesome in his own show. But, the writers failed him.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

He could and should have been awesome in his own show. But, the writers failed him.

View All Quotes

Disney gets it right sometimes but when they wiff they wiff big
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, Boba wrecking Stormtroopers in Mando season 2 was greatness. Stumbling around in BoBF, helmetless, getting his ass kicked by Krssantan and being super naive, not so much. I think Boba works much better as a supporting character.

As far as Grogu, I'm beginning to suspect, that he is "the Mandalorian," not Din Jarrin. We just haven't seen it happen yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Boba wrecking Stormtroopers in Mando season 2 was greatness. Stumbling around in BoBF, helmetless, getting his ass kicked by Krssantan and being super naive, not so much. I think Boba works much better as a supporting character.

As far as Grogu, I'm beginning to suspect, that he is "the Mandalorian," not Din Jarrin. We just haven't seen it happen yet.
View Quote

Jedi mandalorian is the way
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Boba could have been awesome as a crimelord antihero. The whole season could have been him building support and loyalty networks, slowly sapping away at the existing power structures, culminating in an epic battle scene where new tribes of sandpeople show up to turn the tide at the last moment. The made what should have been a mix of "the Godfather" and "The Two Towers" into a bad "Police Academy" sequel.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Boba could have been awesome as a crimelord antihero. The whole season could have been him building support and loyalty networks, slowly sapping away at the existing power structures, culminating in an epic battle scene where new tribes of sandpeople show up to turn the tide at the last moment. The made what should have been a mix of "the Godfather" and "The Two Towers" into a bad "Police Academy" sequel.
View All Quotes

Or gone an entirely different direction with him NOT trying to become a crime lord.  More of a traditional western type story where he gets a group together to take out the Pykes and their corrupt mayor/marshal in Mos Espa ending with Boba becoming the new marshal.   And not have the Mods.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
What predictions do y’all have for either the rest of BB or Mandalorian?

I’m predicting Din rides a Mythosaur. And Bo Katan dies.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I have no idea where this season is going to go (besides to Mandalore, I guess). After BoBF, I'm just hoping it's decent. I'm hopeful since S1 and S2 were good, but it's going to be tough following up Andor.

It airs at midnight but I don't think I'll be able to watch until tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I hope Bo doesn't die I really like her voice/character
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]
My predictions (in spoiler tags, even though they are just my wild ass guesses):

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Chris0013:

Or gone an entirely different direction with him NOT trying to become a crime lord.  More of a traditional western type story where he gets a group together to take out the Pykes and their corrupt mayor/marshal in Mos Espa ending with Boba becoming the new marshal.   And not have the Mods.
View Quote

You mean Mighty Morphin Scooter Rangers where we learn that the most advanced robotic life support tech is basically soldered wires that some Sandmeth People sold for scrap?

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:16:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#13]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

You mean Mighty Morphin Scooter Rangers where we learn that the most advanced robotic life support tech is basically soldered wires that some Sandmeth People sold for scrap?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uglygun:

Cobb Vanth ain't going anywhere. He's now the Bionic Marshal.

Besides, I damn like him!
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#14]
My predictions (in spoiler tags, even though they are just my wild ass guesses):

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I think the big cameos this season will be Rebels characters, starting with Sabine.

Drama over the darksabre, rinse/repeat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Rook being the Armorer is an interesting thought and makes a little sense. It's hard to ignore the horns on her helmet, a very obvious nod to Deathwatch.

It would be nice if that history is explained more. How exactly The Watch ended up as this cult.  We could also get a glimpse of what the Empire did on Mandalore.

I do agree that of the possible surprise appearances, Sabine Wren is by far the most likely, especially considering her history with the Darksaber.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Does Mando season 3 drop at midnight, or is it later?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Every Mandalorian Factions Explained

Some refresher for those interested
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:03:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skywarp2203] [#18]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
View Quote

3 am eastern
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

3 am eastern
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

3 am eastern

Not staying up that late.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Naporter:
Rook being the Armorer is an interesting thought and makes a little sense. It's hard to ignore the horns on her helmet, a very obvious nod to Deathwatch.

It would be nice if that history is explained more. How exactly The Watch ended up as this cult.  We could also get a glimpse of what the Empire did on Mandalore.

I do agree that of the possible surprise appearances, Sabine Wren is by far the most likely, especially considering her history with the Darksaber.
View Quote

In BoBF, the Armorer states that they were able to survive the Empire's devastation of Mandalore as they were sequestered on Concordia (Mandalore's moon).

After Gar Saxon was killed by Sabine's mother, his forces would have likely fled as Sabine handed the Darksaber over to Bo Katan. Many of the clans pledged loyalty to to her, but they likely would have turned their backs on Saxon's troops (clan?) as they were in league with the Empire. And Rook was one of Saxon's lieutenants, so that's how I think she's the armorer. All of that happened in Rebels.

It's an easy assumption to make that after Mandalore was destroyed, what was left of Deathwatch/Saxon's supercommandos went underground, and any remaining Mandalorian that were unaffiliated also went into hiding.

Meanwhile, Boba Fett is out doing his thing and gets the free pass from the Empire. Likely because he freelances for them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what other clans are still out there. Will we see Fenn Rau? Or Clan Wren? Will Koska Reeves and Axe Wolves return?

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:06:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#22]

In BoBF, the Armorer states that they were able to survive the Empire's devastation of Mandalore as they were sequestered on Concordia (Mandalore's moon).

After Gar Saxon was killed by Sabine's mother, his forces would have likely fled as Sabine handed the Darksaber over to Bo Katan. Many of the clans pledged loyalty to to her, but they likely would have turned their backs on Saxon's troops (clan?) as they were in league with the Empire. And Rook was one of Saxon's lieutenants, so that's how I think she's the armorer. All of that happened in Rebels.

It's an easy assumption to make that after Mandalore was destroyed, what was left of Deathwatch/Saxon's supercommandos went underground, and any remaining Mandalorian that were unaffiliated also went into hiding.

Meanwhile, Boba Fett is out doing his thing and gets the free pass from the Empire. Likely because he freelances for them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what other clans are still out there. Will we see Fenn Rau? Or Clan Wren? Will Koska Reeves and Axe Wolves return?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naporter:

Speaking of Bo Katan, how is it that she was gifted the Darksaber by Sabine, but now she can’t accept it from Din DJarin?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Speaking of Bo Katan, how is it that she was gifted the Darksaber by Sabine, but now she can’t accept it from Din DJarin?
View Quote

It was said in the episode by Gideon.  It's the story of the Darksaber that matters; it must be won in combat to demonstrate a strong leader.  Implies that Katan lost followers before when she possessed it from a gift. (She also lost the Darksaber somehow).  She won't be getting new support if takes it as a gift again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

It was said in the episode by Gideon.  It's the story of the Darksaber that matters; it must be won in combat to demonstrate a strong leader.  Implies that Katan lost followers before when she possessed it from a gift. (She also lost the Darksaber somehow).  She won't be getting new support if takes it as a gift again.
View All Quotes

That’s because strange women lying in ponds and handing out laser swords is no basis for a system of government.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:44:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

That's because strange women lying in ponds and handing out laser swords is no basis for a system of government.
View Quote

/thread

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 5:08:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Great Bad Batch episode.

Mando was pretty good action but not a whole lot of story.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Great Bad Batch episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Agree with the spoiler.

I give the episode a 7.5 out of 10.   Kind of annoyed the episode was only 32 minutes long.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#28]
BB episode had so much potential, especially with the opening.

A space horro episode!  I was stoked.

Then it became a clone wars episode...

Mando makes me want to buy a double barrel shotgun and install a thumbhole stock.

Rebels reference was a nice touch.

And if Steve Irwin ever said "this is the way to catch/tie/whatever", I'm sure a sound bite with a pic from the episode will be a meme.

"If you say so."
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 12:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoImpactNoIdea] [#29]
I loved season 1 and 2 but the of S3E1 was a bit of a  disappointment.  I feel like they are taking from the BoBF script with the scooter power rangers for the pirates (who look like they came off the set of Pirates of the Caribbean).  

Click To View Spoiler

I hope they go back to the former gritty style and focus more on the actual plot and don’t throw in cheesy filler characters or pointless side quests that don’t further the story like BoBF did.  

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I had the same thought about Pirates of the Caribbean.  Episode was a little too cheesy, a bit out of tone with seasons 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I rate it 3.6 roentgen. Not great, not terrible.

The potential of more Mandalorian civil war will keep me watching, but they need to get down to business.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Great Bad Batch episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

He’s one of my favorite characters, as soon as I saw them:

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:40:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris0013] [#33]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

https://www.slashfilm.com/img/gallery/why-cobb-vanth-creator-chuck-wendig-was-bummed-about-the-characters-book-of-boba-fett-appearance/l-intro-1650039262.jpg

View Quote

Olyphant shows up on set..."How do you want me to play this?"
Director...."Just give us Raylan."

As for today's Mando episode...kind of choppy...the story didn't really flow.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 7:41:28 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:

https://www.slashfilm.com/img/gallery/why-cobb-vanth-creator-chuck-wendig-was-bummed-about-the-characters-book-of-boba-fett-appearance/l-intro-1650039262.jpg

Pretty much.... and I'm happy with that. I also hope we see Cad Bane again too!
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, lots of fun Star Wars content today.

Mandalorian
Looks like I was dead wrong about Bo Katan's dialogue - she was talking to Din after all. I thought the show had a strong start, but the hopping around was bit choppy. I thought the pirate guy was a little cringe, but the asteroid chase was fun. The Pirate Captain though, WTF was with plant Davey Jones? I sure hope we don't see any more of him. Overall, I thought the sets were nicer and certainly felt like Star Wars. The two big easter eggs I saw were the Purrgil (space whales) which was super cool, and when Din first walks up to the IG-11 statue, a Convir flies off - those are usually associated with Ahsoka.

Two things that surprised me:
Click To View Spoiler
Bad Batch
Great episode. I really get the feeling they are going to have a falling out with Cid soon. I too fell for the "oh, it's Star Wars meets Aliens" only to see it was a Clone Wars thing. But I was just talking about it the other day so that's cool. T

It also looks like we have a new bag guy now that Admiral Rampart is out of the way.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Mando was a bit underwhelming. The purgil were a surprise. I wonder if that was it or if it foreshadows more. I also wonder how many Mando fans who haven’t seen Rebels were all WTF are those whales??

BB sadly reinforces the sequel trilogy emperor cloning shit. Handled well in episode, but just reminds me of how much I hate the sequel trilogy
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, what a shitty premiere. I really hope this show doesn't go the way of Boba Fett.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm probably in the minority, but personally I wish Baby Yoda was off the show and instead the show was about a cold and ruthless anti-hero Mando collecting bounties.

Instead it's nonstop shoehorned "hey, look how cute he is, NOW BUY OUR MERCH!"
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Really well done. Neat sidequest (of a sidequest, of technically a sidequest ), enjoyed it a lot.

The production values are really good - the dogfight was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fredegar:
Mando was a bit underwhelming. The purgil were a surprise. I wonder if that was it or if it foreshadows more. I also wonder how many Mando fans who haven’t seen Rebels were all WTF are those whales??

BB sadly reinforces the sequel trilogy emperor cloning shit. Handled well in episode, but just reminds me of how much I hate the sequel trilogy
View Quote

One of their goals seems to be to help make those movies make sense, in universe. As much as we might love for them to not be canon, they are.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

I haven’t watched Rebels (yet - still making my way slowly through Clone Wars) and thought that very thing.

I missed the cloning mention/reference - was that in this ep of Mando?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:26:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By macman37:

I haven’t watched Rebels (yet - still making my way slowly through Clone Wars) and thought that very thing.

View All Quotes

Today's Bad Batch episode.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Ah, thanks. I’m… quite a ways behind you guys on that front.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Just watched Mando.  Holy side quests, Batman.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
Just watched Mando.  Holy side quests, Batman.
View Quote

Job security. This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought it was an excellent kick off to Season 3, loved every second of it.

Woke free, solid acting, good pacing, and action packed.  What more could you want? Dave Filoni's style is to do these side quest style episodes, because in those you can get a lot of character development that will pay off later.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I never jump into this thread until caught up. Too many spoilers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Mando was good. Bad Batch was great. Just about everything has been covered in this thread by now.
Omega announcing herself to the Kaminoan prime minister guy was a bad idea. Who could have seen that coming?
Mando spent the whole episode setting up every thread for the season. That's one way to do it, I guess.
I did like that not only did Cara Dune get a mention, they explained her absence in a positive light. "Special Forces", not "oh, she was actually a serial killer and we had to hang her in the public square".

Stoked to see the purgill. Missed the Ahsoka owl. Will have to go back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Mandalorian
Looks like I was dead wrong about Bo Katan's dialogue - she was talking to Din after all. I thought the show had a strong start, but the hopping around was bit choppy. I thought the pirate guy was a little cringe, but the asteroid chase was fun. The Pirate Captain though, WTF was with plant Davey Jones? I sure hope we don't see any more of him. Overall, I thought the sets were nicer and certainly felt like Star Wars. The two big easter eggs I saw were the Purrgil (space whales) which was super cool, and when Din first walks up to the IG-11 statue, a Convir flies off - those are usually associated with Ahsoka.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Mandalorian

Click To View Spoiler

I do hope that Click To View Spoiler

Bad Batch
Great episode. I really get the feeling they are going to have a falling out with Cid soon. I too fell for the "oh, it's Star Wars meets Aliens" only to see it was a Clone Wars thing. But I was just talking about it the other day so that's cool. T

It also looks like we have a new bag guy now that Admiral Rampart is out of the way.  

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

I’ll get there eventually. Spoilers for a show I hadn’t even considered watching until I get time don’t worry me.
Page / 178
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top