Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 10:19:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#1]
Fun so far. The only thing that bothered me was the cliche teenage angst of Sabine and how Ahsoka puts up with it. Isn't Sabine like 30 now?

I just don't see Ahsoka putting up with it anymore. She's too mature for that bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

There are no grey Jedi.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Originally Posted By sh768:
I turned my brain off and enjoyed it well enough. But Grumpy old man mode engaged!

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

There are no grey Jedi.
In the EU, Jacen Solo went on a hippy vision quest and studied the various non-Jedi force users across the galaxy. Including coming into contact with Abeloth and some other really dark shit. There are no grey Jedi. But there are plenty of people who are force users who aren't Jedi.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I love Ahsoka as a character, but Dawson’s portrayal of Ahsoka and dialogue in the episodes last night were both pretty wooden. A lot of the focus seems to be on Sabine still being a whiny teenager who’s too cool for school.

Also, I’m not sure if this show is going to appeal to anyone who hasn’t watched Rebels. They’ve given us no reason to care about what’s going on outside of that series.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
View Quote
That was masterfully done.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hanker71:
ahsoka sucked compared to the last 3 shows...there i said it...go girl power yeaaaa
View Quote
I thought it was pretty balanced. Chopper is equal to at least three stronk female womyns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I think everyone is a dyke in this show minus the evil cuck and the robot. I’ll give it more time but acting doesn’t seem that good as others have mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:07:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Sabine - great
Hera - pretty damn good
Chopper - awesome
Rosario - not an Ashoka
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Decent start.  Wish it wasn't a dumb macguffin plot so far but whatever.  Music and visuals\cinematography are good.  Thinking Ahsoka is like she is from being all fucked up over Anakin and hopefully resolve that throughout the show.  Hoping it doesn't turnout to be the Sabine Wren show with guest star Ahsoka Tano, given their track record I'm not too keen on that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By uglygun:

If they have any creative talent they will lay it into the Mandalorian time line.     Could possibly be post Mandalorian with any remnants of dealing with Thrawn giving way to Moth Gideon trying to pick up the scraps.

Fuck the Fett nonsense.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By uglygun:
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
Where is Ahsoka on the disney official timeline?  After Book of Boba Fett?

I'm currently working my way through chronologically.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Movie, 1999)
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (Movie, 2002)
Star Wars: Clone Wars (Animated Series, 2003-2005)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Movie, 2008)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Animated Series, 2008-2020)
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Movie, 2005)
Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Animated Series, 2021-Present)
Solo: A Star Wars Story (Movie, 2018)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Series, 2022)
Star Wars Rebels (Animated Series, 2014-2018)
Star Wars: Andor (September 2022)
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Movie, 2016)
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Movie, 1977)
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Movie, 1980)
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (Movie, 1983)
Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Series, 2019-Present)
The Book of Boba Fett (Series, 2021)
Star Wars: Resistance (Animated Series, 2018-2019)
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Movie, 2015)
Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Movie, 2017)
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (Movie, 2019)
Star Wars: Visions (Anime Series, 2021)

If they have any creative talent they will lay it into the Mandalorian time line.     Could possibly be post Mandalorian with any remnants of dealing with Thrawn giving way to Moth Gideon trying to pick up the scraps.

Fuck the Fett nonsense.

It is at least after "The Jedi" the 5th episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian.  It might be after the so-called Boba Fett show, it probably is as would be awkward for her to pissoff the current quest to go to Luke's planet - though maybe they'll show that from her POV as maybe she consults with Luke on things.  That places is 9-10 ABY.  Which should make Ahsoka 44-46 (Rosario Dawson is 44).
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sefus:
Sabine - great
Hera - pretty damn good
Chopper - awesome
Rosario - not an Ashoka
View Quote

When you realize Ashoka is now an old war veteran who has seen shit like Obiwan, circa a new hope, it makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Her face is just way off, voice obviously is different.  Her acting has been fine honestly
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

Yeah Hera makes me twitch every time she speaks

All I can think of when she’s on is Scott pilgrim versus the world. Guessing she got the gig cause she’s married to obi-wan

Her face is just way off, voice obviously is different.  Her acting has been fine honestly

Agree.   Every time I see her face, it’s just weird.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By hanker71:
ahsoka sucked compared to the last 3 shows...there i said it...go girl power yeaaaa
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Also new drinking game.   Drink every time Hera says she’s a Genral or anytime some calls her that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I loved both of those movies as a kid. I tried watching them recently and couldn't do it. They were/are terrible.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Couple of things from the first half of episode one.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
I forgot about the Ewok series. I purposefully mentally blocked it.

I loved both of those movies as a kid. I tried watching them recently and couldn't do it. They were/are terrible.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#16]
In the EU, Jacen Solo went on a hippy vision quest and studied the various non-Jedi force users across the galaxy. Including coming into contact with Abeloth and some other really dark shit. There are no grey Jedi. But there are plenty of people who are force users who aren't Jedi.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
I turned my brain off and enjoyed it well enough. But Grumpy old man mode engaged!

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

There are no grey Jedi.

Yep, wielding the force doesn’t make you a Jedi any more than being peaceful makes you a Buddhist.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#17]

I could understand his words, I don't remember that from Rebels
View Quote

The only thing I could ever understand chop say was “what the fuck” but I know he wasn’t saying it for real. Haha
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By November5:
I saw more Star Trek vibes in the opening scene of the first episode.  Almost thought I'd played the wrong show.
View Quote

My girlfriend is a trekki, that’s the first words out of her mouth. This feels like Star Trek. Then she went to sleep lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

The only thing I could ever understand chop say was "what the fuck" but I know he wasn't saying it for real. Haha
View All Quotes

The only thing I could ever understand chop say was "what the fuck" but I know he wasn't saying it for real. Haha
Chop said WTF for sure.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#20]

The only thing I could ever understand chop say was “what the fuck” but I know he wasn’t saying it for real. Haha
View All Quotes

That was awesome.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Chop said WTF for sure.
View Quote

Haha
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]
If you haven’t already, you should watch all the way through the end credits. Firstly because it’s kinda neat to watch and reminds me of the Game of Thrones intro. But more importantly because it deals with the map that some are dismissing as just a macguffin. It makes it pretty clear that the map has something to do with the purgills as others have guessed. The map shows where the purgils migrate to which also happens to be where Thrawn and Ezra are.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Okay, long time Ahsoka Fan here.

I've watched all seven seasons of Clone Wars (many episodes multiple times over), all four seasons of Rebels (many episodes many time over), I read the Ashoka book, and I have a picture of myself and the Clone Wars voice actors up on my wall from a Comic Con.   My wife and I are BIG fans of Ahsoka.

So far, I think the first two episodes were pretty damn good.   I only have a few criticisms:

1.  The custom department needs to do a better job, everything looks too clean and brand new.  The clothing needs to look a bit more worn and regular, not like it just came fresh out of the packaging.

2.  Hairstyles, WTF is up with the Sith Apprentice's haicut? She's clearly a beautiful woman with the a hairstyle that looks like it was deliberately done to make her look bad. Come on hair and makeup folks.

3.  Everything looks too damn bright and cheery in terms of cinematography.  I don't know if Dave is using different cameras than "Andor", but he needs to collaborate with the DP on "Andor" and try to get that same look.  Whole damn thing just looks too much like a Mentos commercial or something.

Other than that, I think it was pretty good. Editing was good, pacing was good, seemed like we had a good story/plot overall, the acting was solid. I was pretty happy with it.  I'll tell you the casting is perfect and I mean perfect.  Rosario did a great job, Ray Stevenson was amazing (God, I can't believe he's gone, he died way too young), and the woman playing Sabine is spot on.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Okay, long time Ahsoka Fan here.

I've watched all seven seasons of Clone Wars (many episodes multiple times over), all four seasons of Rebels (many episodes many time over), I read the Ashoka book, and I have a picture of myself and the Clone Wars voice actors up on my wall from a Comic Con.   My wife and I are BIG fans of Ahsoka.

So far, I think the first two episodes were pretty damn good.   I only have a few criticisms:

1.  The custom department needs to do a better job, everything looks too clean and brand new.  The clothing needs to look a bit more worn and regular, not like it just came fresh out of the packaging.

2.  Hairstyles, WTF is up with the Sith Apprentice's haicut? She's clearly a beautiful woman with the a hairstyle that looks like it was deliberately done to make her look bad. Come on hair and makeup folks.

3.  Everything looks too damn bright and cheery in terms of cinematography.  I don't know if Dave is using different cameras than "Andor", but he needs to collaborate with the DP on "Andor" and try to get that same look.  Whole damn thing just looks too much like a Mentos commercial or something.

Other than that, I think it was pretty good. Editing was good, pacing was good, seemed like we had a good story/plot overall, the acting was solid. I was pretty happy with it.  I'll tell you the casting is perfect and I mean perfect.  Rosario did a great job, Ray Stevenson was amazing (God, I can't believe he's gone, he died way too young), and the woman playing Sabine is spot on.

View Quote
I have to disagree.  The Rebels are now the New Republic. They're the ones getting new clothes, new fighters, etc. And they did show the Phantom as being pretty beat up, since that ship is a relic from the clone wars. I also like that they didn't try to make the apprentice too pretty. She's an assassin, not a sorority sister.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm enjoying Rebels Season Five so far. Let's be honest, that's what this pretty much is but it's a well-done Rebels Season Five.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 7:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#26]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:
I'm enjoying Rebels Season Five so far. Let's be honest, that's what this pretty much is but it's a well-done Rebels Season Five.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Ahsoka had left the Jedi order before Order 66.  Jedi numbered in the low 5 digits prior to Order 66, so let's say the order had a 99% success rate, that still leaves 100+ Jedi alive.  Also many turned to the dark side rather than be killed during the Order.  Several of the Inquisitors were previously Jedi.  The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi Temple guard.  Their purpose was to hunt down and kill any survivors of Order 66.  I don't recall them in the EU, but they've been in many of the animated shows and we're heavily featured in Kenobi.  There were also many other force users that were neither Jedi nor Sith.  Luke was the only Jedi left after ROTJ that we know of, although there may have still been a few in hiding.  And it seems Ahsoka has rejoined the Jedi order under Luke.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]
If you haven't already, you should watch all the way through the end credits. Firstly because it's kinda neat to watch and reminds me of the Game of Thrones intro. But more importantly because it deals with the map that some are dismissing as just a macguffin. It makes it pretty clear that the map has something to do with the purgills as others have guessed. The map shows where the purgils migrate to which also happens to be where Thrawn and Ezra are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCbLHR2HkiQ
View Quote
Curious if someone has translated all the text.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Too bad Ray passed away.  Think he was a good fit for the show.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:08:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-1904] [#29]
View All Quotes
If you haven't already, you should watch all the way through the end credits. Firstly because it's kinda neat to watch and reminds me of the Game of Thrones intro. But more importantly because it deals with the map that some are dismissing as just a macguffin. It makes it pretty clear that the map has something to do with the purgills as others have guessed. The map shows where the purgils migrate to which also happens to be where Thrawn and Ezra are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCbLHR2HkiQ

I read on Twitter that someone had. But I haven’t bothered to look it up yet.

Edit: Here toy go!

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
View Quote

Baylan and Shin’s back story has a lot of potential. He survived Order 66 and we have no idea where she came from. She’s was younger than Ashoka and possibly younger than Sabine.

Does Baylan even survive the season?

I kinda suspect Baylan or Shin would have been written to be killed in the story. I could be wrong but I think Sabine is going to get some payback for Shin sticking her with a lightsaber.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Baylan and Shin's back story has a lot of potential. He survived Order 66 and we have no idea where she came from. She's was younger than Ashoka and possibly younger than Sabine.

I kinda suspect Baylan or Shin would have been written to be killed in the story. I could be wrong but I think Sabine is going to get some payback for Shin sticking her with a lightsaber.
View All Quotes

Baylan and Shin's back story has a lot of potential. He survived Order 66 and we have no idea where she came from. She's was younger than Ashoka and possibly younger than Sabine.

I could definitely see Baylan getting killed off this season to setup a much darker/evil path for Shin.  "If" he wasn't killed off this season, then having another actor take over would be pretty sad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:04:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Rip Ray. Such a great actor.

My biggest complaint is the actor playing Hera. She just doesn't fit or even look like Hera. She has a dumbass grin on her face the whole time. Terrible casting.

Favorite was Chopper in live action.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Baylan and Shin’s back story has a lot of potential. He survived Order 66 and we have no idea where she came from. She’s was younger than Ashoka and possibly younger than Sabine.

View All Quotes

Especially since Sabine is now wearing her Beskar, could tip the scales in her favor
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#34]

I could definitely see Baylan getting killed off this season to setup a much darker/evil path for Shin.  "If" he wasn't killed off this season, then having another actor take over would be pretty sad.
View Quote

I agree. He can’t be replaced at this point and it work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Especially since Sabine is now wearing her Beskar, could tip the scales in her favor
View Quote

Yep and explosives. Please give her the explosives back!
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Kinda wish Lauren Mary Kim was playing Ahsoka in this. Just dont know if she can act.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BB:
Kinda wish Lauren Mary Kim was playing Ahsoka in this. Just dont know if she can act.
View Quote

...and Rosario Dawson can??
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Darth Maul Scenes (Ep 1, Clone Wars, Solo, Rebels)

Clone Wars Maul is my favorite
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

...and Rosario Dawson can??
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rk2yD5P59A

Clone Wars Maul is my favorite
View Quote

Maul is my favorite SW character.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd take a better actor or a better athlete. Dawson just doesn't fit for either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Baylon is a complex character.   He uses the dark side.   Yet he tells his apprentice not to kill Ashoka.   He even has her have the apprentice braid.   Curious to see why he left the Jedi way.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Baylon is a complex character.   He uses the dark side.   Yet he tells his apprentice not to kill Ashoka.   He even has her have the apprentice braid.   Curious to see why he left the Jedi way.
View Quote

Survival.

Also poongtang probably. I highly suspect the apprentice is his daughter.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#44]
On another forum with a Ashoka thread guy randomly goes “I hope they don’t find Ezra, I fucking hated him”.   So you watched a show for years, and you hated the main character?
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#45]
On another forum with a Ashoka thread guy randomly goes “I hope they don’t find Ezra, I fucking hated him”.   So you watched a show for years, and you hated the main character?
View Quote

I didn't care much for kiddo Ezra, but more mature Ezra was quite a character
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

That's what I liked about both Ezra and Ahsoka, they both had real character development from being annoying kids to heroes. It's not like they sprang fully-formed from Yoda's forehead all ready to do battle with the forces of evil like that English girl in the bad fan fiction movie that JJ Abrams made a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I agree.   Hated him the first 2 seasons.   By 3 I was a fan.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

That's what I liked about both Ezra and Ahsoka, they both had real character development from being annoying kids to heroes. It's not like they sprang fully-formed from Yoda's forehead all ready to do battle with the forces of evil like that English girl in the bad fan fiction movie that JJ Abrams made a few years ago.
View Quote

I agree.   Hated him the first 2 seasons.   By 3 I was a fan.
View Quote

Big time, and both have lost so much by the current series time.  I think they cast Ezra well even though we've not seen him in live action yet
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Survival.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Survival.

I heard a YouTube reviewer speculate about Shin being his daughter. It would be interesting if that’s the case.

That would lead to much suffering and lead to the dark side of one is killed.

Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top