Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Baylon is a complex character.   He uses the dark side.   Yet he tells his apprentice not to kill Ashoka.   He even has her have the apprentice braid.   Curious to see why he left the Jedi way.
View Quote

My thoughts were that he was a Jedi temple guard. Possibly pulled away by Barris ( she was led away after arrest by them). Combined the yellow of their previous commitment with the Sith red (symbolic of turning from their order) and they manifest orange sabers. They have Jedi codes still (as old ones) but are not Jedi. They care even for Ahsoka though she would destroy their plans. Very disciplined and trained for a long time.

Actually could be very interesting complex character.  Story arc should be good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

That's what I liked about both Ezra and Ahsoka, they both had real character development from being annoying kids to heroes. It's not like they sprang fully-formed from Yoda's forehead all ready to do battle with the forces of evil like that English girl in the bad fan fiction movie that JJ Abrams made a few years ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
On another forum with a Ashoka thread guy randomly goes “I hope they don’t find Ezra, I fucking hated him”.   So you watched a show for years, and you hated the main character?

I didn't care much for kiddo Ezra, but more mature Ezra was quite a character

That's what I liked about both Ezra and Ahsoka, they both had real character development from being annoying kids to heroes. It's not like they sprang fully-formed from Yoda's forehead all ready to do battle with the forces of evil like that English girl in the bad fan fiction movie that JJ Abrams made a few years ago.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Watched a few of those videos as well.   I’m not against it.
I heard a YouTube reviewer speculate about Shin being his daughter. It would be interesting if that’s the case.

That would lead to much suffering and lead to the dark side of one is killed.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Survival.

Also poongtang probably. I highly suspect the apprentice is his daughter.

Baylon is a complex character.   He uses the dark side.   Yet he tells his apprentice not to kill Ashoka.   He even has her have the apprentice braid.   Curious to see why he left the Jedi way.

Watched a few of those videos as well.   I’m not against it.
I heard a YouTube reviewer speculate about Shin being his daughter. It would be interesting if that’s the case.

That would lead to much suffering and lead to the dark side of one is killed.

Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#4]
On another forum with a Ashoka thread guy randomly goes “I hope they don’t find Ezra, I fucking hated him”.   So you watched a show for years, and you hated the main character?
View Quote

I mean, he’s super meh for me. I liked Kanan so much more. Actually I liked just about everyone more than Ezra.

ETA: I’ve always had an i’ve always had a similar feeling about Luke TBH, I don’t dislike him, I just don’t care. Couldn’t tell you why.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:45:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD762] [#5]
Originally Posted By user4574:

My thoughts were that he was a Jedi temple guard. Possibly pulled away by Barris ( she was led away after arrest by them). Combined the yellow of their previous commitment with the Sith red (symbolic of turning from their order) and they manifest orange sabers. They have Jedi codes still (as old ones) but are not Jedi. They care even for Ahsoka though she would destroy their plans. Very disciplined and trained for a long time.

Actually could be very interesting complex character.  Story arc should be good.
View Quote

I suspect Baylan was a Jedi that explored or surveyed or something of the sort that had him off on his own at order 66.

Shin was probably a force sensitive kid he picked up along the way.

Maybe his kid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

I mean, he’s super meh for me. I liked Kanan so much more. Actually I liked just about everyone more than Ezra.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Is Ashoka “Andor” or “Book of Bobba”?

I haven’t turned it on because I was in the field last week.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Is Ashoka “Andor” or “Book of Bobba”?

I haven’t turned it on because I was in the field last week.
View Quote

I think it's it's own thing 2 episodes in.

More like Rebels Season 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Survival.

Also poongtang probably. I highly suspect the apprentice is his daughter.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I meant, adult or children's programing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 6:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sh768] [#11]
In series finale, Ashoka kills old white man. Elsewhere, Wren combines Mandalorian girl powers with Jedi girl powers and beats Blondie. Ashoka and Wren reunite and run away with [insert new macguffin] to finally find Ezra.

Blondie discovers old man is dead. Old man is revealed to be dad. Many screams, much tears. Sadness. Blondie eyes have hint of red. Perhaps laser sword changes color right then.

Scene. Fade to credits. Disney announces upcoming film.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Quality wise, Mandalorian season two.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 6:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#13]
Originally Posted By sh768:
In series finale, Ashoka kills old white man.
View Quote

Probably not for S1 finale.  S2 premier will be Ahsoka killing him off screen, and talking about the fight, with flashbacks of the fight that don't show Ray's face.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

he died of a broken heart
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

It's no worse than any other star wars, some stuff is seemingly dumbed for kids but nothing dirtier than laser sword wizards killing stuff
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't care much for kiddo Ezra, but more mature Ezra was quite a character
View Quote

Hoping Omega has the same maturity jump.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 7:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#17]

It's no worse than any other star wars, some stuff is seemingly dumbed for kids but nothing dirtier than laser sword wizards killing stuff
View Quote

I want Andor SW myself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Trying to watch it, but it is not gripping me.  I have turned off Episode 1 about 3 times already.  Bad guy is a white man.  Girrll Power^3.  Hard for me to get past it for some reason.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
Trying to watch it, but it is not gripping me.  I have turned off Episode 1 about 3 times already.  Bad guy is a white man.  Girrll Power^3.  Hard for me to get past it for some reason.
View Quote
Yes. But Chopper is like a Arfcommer with no mods holding him back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I like it so far.  Ahsoka was my favorite CW character and Sabine and Chopper my favorite Rebels characters, so what's not to like?  Did I miss something along the way about Sabine being Ahsoka's apprentice, or is that completely new for this series?
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By happycynic:

Chopper is looking to add to his kill count.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
I like it so far.  Ahsoka was my favorite CW character and Sabine and Chopper my favorite Rebels characters, so what's not to like?  Did I miss something along the way about Sabine being Ahsoka's apprentice, or is that completely new for this series?
View Quote
At the end of Rebels they go off together in search of Ezra, but the apprenticing thing is new.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#23]
No, Ahsoka Won't Save Star Wars
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Was just coming to post that ^
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Was just coming to post that ^
View Quote

I'm surprised no one beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

These characters have been developing long before woke was a thing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:57:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toadmeister] [#27]
Originally Posted By rtintwo:

View All Quotes

Furthermore, they’re well developed female characters I like.

Rey in the sequels, not so much…
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#28]
Everybody’s mentioning RD’s stoic portrayal of Ahsoka. I see it more along the lines of her being focused on the mission.

For the other galaxy and Elsbeth mentioning an ancient civilization (don’t remember the exact wording), I wonder if they’re referring to the Zeffo. They were ancient Force users, weren’t Jedi, but ended up having sects that kept delving deeper into the dark side.

The other galaxy doesn’t seem like it’d be the Unknown Region, maybe they won’t change up the origin of the Yuuzhan Vong or the Grysk in order to fit the story.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m enjoying it so far. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]

ETA: I’ve always had an i’ve always had a similar feeling about Luke TBH, I don’t dislike him, I just don’t care. Couldn’t tell you why.
View All Quotes

You’re not alone, I never liked Luke. Han was the only character I ever really liked come to think about it, and Chewbacca. They were very libertarian, kind of chaotic good in the D&D sense.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:31:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#31]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
Everybody’s mentioning RD’s stoic portrayal of Ahsoka. I see it more along the lines of her being focused on the mission.

For the other galaxy and Elsbeth mentioning an ancient civilization (don’t remember the exact wording), I wonder if they’re referring to the Zeffo. They were ancient Force users, weren’t Jedi, but ended up having sects that kept delving deeper into the dark side.

The other galaxy doesn’t seem like it’d be the Unknown Region, maybe they won’t change up the origin of the Yuuzhan Vong or the Grysk in order to fit the story.
View Quote

I'm going to be that guy but I hope they don't bring either of these into canon. I honestly think they were terrible additions to the Star Wars universe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I'm going to be that guy but I hope they don't bring either of these into canon. I honestly think they were terrible additions to the Star Wars universe.
View All Quotes

Aren’t the Grysk already canon? They were in the last Thrawn trilogy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Basic outline written decades before current grrrrl power bs.  They actually earn it
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Don't know. I haven't read a Star Wars book in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:57:06 AM EDT
[#35]
This was a return to classic-feeling Star Wars. Was just able to watch the first 2 eps tonight. It felt right.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Serious question.  Why is it called "Ashoka" instead of "Snips?"

Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By macman37:
This was a return to classic-feeling Star Wars. Was just able to watch the first 2 eps tonight. It felt right.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

No the guy in the mask is not Maul. He's played by Sam Witwer though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#38]
The one thing I've noticed that's pretty bad and frankly it's because of the female characters is the lightsaber fights seem really stiff.

say what you want about episodes 1-3 but the light saber battles reminded me of people that were skilled warriors with a lightsaber.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
The one thing I've noticed that's pretty bad and frankly it's because of the female characters is the lightsaber fights seem really stiff.

say what you want about episodes 1-3 but the light saber battles reminded me of people that were skilled warriors with a lightsaber.
View Quote
the ep 1-3 light saber fights were just cgi bukkake by people more interested in what their new tech could do instead of what they should do
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I have noticed that that RD plays Ashoka stiffer.

Right now I’m the taking this as the fact that this an adult and fully mature in her powers Ashoka. During the clone wars running off with the map would be in line with her character. Now we are seeing her experience the other side of juvenile rashness.

Plus her fight with Vader she had the realization that it’s her mentor and idol in the suit and then he killed her. If it wasn’t for Ezra and extra ordinary measures she would still be dead. This had to have broken something in her, for sure the last childishness was gone.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:27:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#41]
Ahsoka

Meh acting so far. It is cool that it picks up right after rebels ends. Just a timeline gap for aging characters but story wise it is spot on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:14:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Just came across a fan theory that I really like…

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Everybody's mentioning RD's stoic portrayal of Ahsoka. I see it more along the lines of her being focused on the mission.

For the other galaxy and Elsbeth mentioning an ancient civilization (don't remember the exact wording), I wonder if they're referring to the Zeffo. They were ancient Force users, weren't Jedi, but ended up having sects that kept delving deeper into the dark side.

The other galaxy doesn't seem like it'd be the Unknown Region, maybe they won't change up the origin of the Yuuzhan Vong or the Grysk in order to fit the story.

Aren't the Grysk already canon? They were in the last Thrawn trilogy.

I loved the Vong and think they were absolutely fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:38:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#44]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
View All Quotes
Everybody's mentioning RD's stoic portrayal of Ahsoka. I see it more along the lines of her being focused on the mission.

For the other galaxy and Elsbeth mentioning an ancient civilization (don't remember the exact wording), I wonder if they're referring to the Zeffo. They were ancient Force users, weren't Jedi, but ended up having sects that kept delving deeper into the dark side.

The other galaxy doesn't seem like it'd be the Unknown Region, maybe they won't change up the origin of the Yuuzhan Vong or the Grysk in order to fit the story.

They sucked. A being so powerful it's able to kill 3 trillion species, it's not force sensitive, completely detached from the force, completely unstoppable. It's the Star Wars equivalent of Kryptonite.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#45]

They sucked. A being so powerful it's able to kill 3 trillion species, it's not force sensitive, completely detached from the force, completely unstoppable. It's the Star Wars equivalent of Kryptonite.
View All Quotes

They shattered the entire safety bubble around characters and made the force weak. I enjoyed it. Also, it put Star Wars on a total war footing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#46]

They shattered the entire safety bubble around characters and made the force weak. I enjoyed it. Also, it put Star Wars on a total war footing.
View All Quotes

Just like Kryptonite shatters the safety bubble around Superman. It's weak writing. The Vong suck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Just like Kryptonite shatters the safety bubble around Superman. It's weak writing. The Vong suck.
View All Quotes

Meh, it wasn't weak writing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think the Vong were the worst addition to the EU.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#49]

I have noticed that that RD plays Ashoka stiffer.

Right now I'm the taking this as the fact that this an adult and fully mature in her powers Ashoka. During the clone wars running off with the map would be in line with her character. Now we are seeing her experience the other side of juvenile rashness.

Plus her fight with Vader she had the realization that it's her mentor and idol in the suit and then he killed her. If it wasn't for Ezra and extra ordinary measures she would still be dead. This had to have broken something in her, for sure the last childishness was gone.
View Quote
The issue isn't the acting, it's the writing. We don't get any character development for the titular character in the first two episodes. Sabine's the only character that gets developed. Hopefully that changes as things move on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By macman37:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

He is Marrok. He is a new character and he used to be an Inquisitor.  That's all we know at this point.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top