Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
I did and under the episode list it only had 3 episodes listed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Wonder why I didn't get a new episode show up?  I still only have the 3 episodes or had as of last night.

Click on the ahsoka show and it should show you all 4
I did and under the episode list it only had 3 episodes listed.

I think they were having issues… I checked around 9:10 ET and when I hit the “Ahsoka New Every Tuesday” banner it took me to the first episode.

Once I realized it, I went back into the episode list and it showed up. Dunno if this helps you at all, but I did experience that glitch for a moment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By macman37:

I'm going way out on a limb here but while watching I got the impression from Ahsoka's posture and body language that she was feeling out a new adversary and didn't want to telegraph too much. When the fighting ratcheted up she totally should have busted it out 'cuz she got her ass handed to her.
View Quote
it didn't ratchet up until she burnt her hand, she was doing fine before that.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:23:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#3]

I’m going way out on a limb here but while watching I got the impression from Ahsoka’s posture and body language that she was feeling out a new adversary and didn’t want to telegraph too much. When the fighting ratcheted up she totally should have busted it out ‘cuz she got her ass handed to her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
Why you no use second light saber in fight with boss?

I’m going way out on a limb here but while watching I got the impression from Ahsoka’s posture and body language that she was feeling out a new adversary and didn’t want to telegraph too much. When the fighting ratcheted up she totally should have busted it out ‘cuz she got her ass handed to her.

I know from playing Jedi: Survivor that dual sabers is indeed easy mode.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed during bossfight, that asohka had the katana grip, flickable with spaced hands, while baylen had a claymore grip.  Should popped out the short blade while getting beat on.

Also, I would have prefered real time anakin, than digital.  As he lay dying on the death star, he slipped in the wbw, so that would explain aging, and "life advice" if he shares some.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Question. If a strong female protagonist makes a mistake, is it really a mistake?
View Quote

Yes, but she won’t admit to her failures.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

They were pretty well matched until she injured herself going for the map.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furloaf] [#7]
Thoughts on episode 4:

Click To View Spoiler

Note there's a special releasing friday as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Note there's a special releasing friday as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Man… what a cluster of an episode. I’m kinda torn. It was good and bad.

So many ways this can go now.

My feeble brain can’t begin to even guess what’s going to happen in the long run with all this.

Ahsoka was pulled back into the WBW by Anakin. How he got there? No fucking clue…

Baylan Jedi mind tricked Sabine like he was making a sandwich. It was nothing for him. I don’t like it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Man… what a cluster of an episode. I’m kinda torn. It was good and bad.

So many ways this can go now.

My feeble brain can’t begin to even guess what’s going to happen in the long run with all this.

Ahsoka was pulled back into the WBW by Anakin. How he got there? No fucking clue…

Baylan Jedi mind tricked Sabine like he was making a sandwich. It was nothing for him. I don’t like it.

View Quote

Sabine has been a udder disappointment thus far. Not the cool calculated killer she was in rebels. I guess maybe they are playing the " I lost my boy toy" angle. Idk. She needs to find herself again and start blowing shit. Her story arc is circling the drain.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Delta10mm:

Sabine has been a udder disappointment thus far. Not the cool calculated killer she was in rebels. I guess maybe they are playing the " I lost my boy toy" angle. Idk. She needs to find herself again and start blowing shit. Her story arc is circling the drain.
View Quote

I agree. Even in rebels when she was down. She was never out. Always showed resolve.

I guess the training droid will pick up her helmet. They made it a point to show it on the ground.

She’s going to come back around. She’s not a Jedi. She’s a Mandalorian.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

I agree. Even in rebels when she was down. She was never out. Always showed resolve.

I guess the training droid will pick up her helmet. They made it a point to show it on the ground.

She’s going to come back around. She’s not a Jedi. She’s a Mandalorian.
View Quote

It's probably the haircut...
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
With the special this coming Friday, the new poster, and special theater screenings announced for Episode 5, I bet we're going to be in for one hell of a ride next week!
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Man Ray Stephenson would have been a great Jorus/Joruus C’baoth.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

i think Sabine is trying to fight like a Jedi. she needs to fight like a mando but with a lightsaber. the part where she "tries" force but uses mando weapons is her aha moment.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Yeah, definitely could go up a cup size for sure with her.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

i think Sabine is trying to fight like a Jedi. she needs to fight like a mando but with a lightsaber. the part where she "tries" force but uses mando weapons is her aha moment.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Man Ray Stephenson would have been a great Jorus/Joruus C'baoth.

View Quote
Yes, yes he would have.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
With the special this coming Friday, the new poster, and special theater screenings announced for Episode 5, I bet we're going to be in for one hell of a ride next week!
View Quote

What special thing Friday? I spent the day running between doctors and must have missed it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#20]

It's probably the haircut...
View Quote

Haha she’s headed to the next galaxy to speak to the manager
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

What special thing Friday? I spent the day running between doctors and must have missed it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

There's a special on Disney+ being released this Friday called "Master & Apprentice: A Special Look at Ahsoka"

Not much info out on it, but it's probably a behind the scenes thing and a dive into the lore.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
There's a special on Disney+ being released this Friday called "Master & Apprentice: A Special Look at Ahsoka"

Not much info out on it, but it's probably a behind the scenes thing and a dive into the lore.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_3982_jpeg-2944932.JPG
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally got to see the episode.  Really like it.  I like where we start off with 2 classic fighting styles.  Ashoka as the samurai and balin as the classic knight.  Really like that dichotomy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#24]
Did we see a not so often used force ability with Baylan?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Did we see a not so often used force ability with Baylan?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#26]
I know that I do not want Ahsoka to find a door to Rebels S4 and yank Ezra out right before he takes Thrawn into the unknown galaxy.

Oh, and (I think Shin) saying that they were 12 klicks from Ahsoka’s ship… Ahsoka and Sabine only ran 7.456 miles to get to the (reflecting point, was that what Baylan called it?). Anyways, that’s a long ass way to run and then fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if baylin and shin are looking to bring around ragnorok, with the talk of destruction.

There's utubes about how their characters are nordic names about wolves chasing the sun and the moon.  I'm sure that's not coincidence.

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
I wonder if baylin and shin are looking to bring around ragnorok, with the talk of destruction.

There's utubes about how their characters are nordic names about wolves chasing the sun and the moon.  I'm sure that's not coincidence.

View Quote

More of Filoni's obsession with wolves?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 6:45:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Baylan's LS style is simple.  Just beat the shit out of your opponent.  I miss graceful battles like Maul.  

Ahsoka is not what she was depicted in the animated shows but of course she couldn't be that character in live action.  I will say that the animated Ahsoka would have cut Baylan to shreds.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 7:54:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Baylan's LS style is simple.  Just beat the shit out of your opponent.  I miss graceful battles like Maul.  

Ahsoka is not what she was depicted in the animated shows but of course she couldn't be that character in live action.  I will say that the animated Ahsoka would have cut Baylan to shreds.
View Quote

I think Vader and maybe yoda would be the only two that could beat animated Ahsoka lightsaber skills.

Her fight style reminds me very much of Musashi.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#31]
what every way this show goes, good bad other. Just remember that the Auralnauts are going to have so much good material to work with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Solid assessment.

I still feel like there's too many boss-bitch female leads in this one. Sabine can't decide what to be: Mandalorian or Jedi but it's pretty obvious she ain't no Jedi at this point. In fact, Sabine's presence is a total distraction to Ahsoka; she was in the middle of dealing with Baylan when Shin ran up, so she thought Sabine was done for. Not only that, she must realize Sabine ain't Jedi material and I don't know how she can trust her to pull her weight in a fight again. Shit I'm not even convinced Sabine's a capable Mandalorian at this point. Perhaps in Rebels and the Clone Wars but not how they've established her character in this series, that's for sure. She's too emotional over Ezra and Ahsoka's too emotional over Sabine.

And what's with Hera bringing her kid along on an unsanctioned mission? Pretty stupid; got some Rebel aviators killed in the process, so that's good. "General."

But overall, I'm very much into this series. I'm still finding Baylan and Shin Hati to be the most intriguing characters of them all, next to Ahsoka I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Frankly they should have just done a series on Baylan.  He's the most interesting character in the show tbh.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Frankly they should have just done a series on Baylan.  He's the most interesting character in the show tbh.  
View Quote

If only

Maybe a young Baylan could be recast.  Merc jedi series would be a different sorta spinoff like Ventress as a bounty hunter in clone ears
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]

If only

Maybe a young Baylan could be recast.  Merc jedi series would be a different sorta spinoff like Ventress as a bounty hunter in clone ears
View All Quotes

If only

Yeah wish he didn't die.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah wish he didn't die.  
View All Quotes

If only

Yeah wish he didn't die.  

Indeed really like his character and is quite believable as a bad guy
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:51:24 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

If only

Yeah wish he didn't die.  

But honestly not a "bad" guy.  He still has some moral code.  I mean he could have killed Sabine after he got the map back or let Shin kill her but he didn't.  He gave Sabine his word she would be safe and he kept it.  Now how far that extends, thats another question
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#38]
But honestly not a "bad" guy.  He still has some moral code.  I mean he could have killed Sabine after he got the map back or let Shin kill her but he didn't.  He gave Sabine his word she would be safe and he kept it.  Now how far that extends, thats another question
View All Quotes

If only

Yeah wish he didn't die.  

Exactly. Not all the bad guys have to be monsters.  Honestly I'd want thrawn leading my empires military
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Exactly. Not all the bad guys have to be monsters.  Honestly I'd want thrawn leading my empires military
View Quote

Thrawn of the Books or Thrawn in Rebels, because they made him two different people.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Solid assessment.

I still feel like there's too many boss-bitch female leads in this one. Sabine can't decide what to be: Mandalorian or Jedi but it's pretty obvious she ain't no Jedi at this point. In fact, Sabine's presence is a total distraction to Ahsoka; she was in the middle of dealing with Baylan when Shin ran up, so she thought Sabine was done for. Not only that, she must realize Sabine ain't Jedi material and I don't know how she can trust her to pull her weight in a fight again. Shit I'm not even convinced Sabine's a capable Mandalorian at this point. Perhaps in Rebels and the Clone Wars but not how they've established her character in this series, that's for sure. She's too emotional over Ezra and Ahsoka's too emotional over Sabine.

And what's with Hera bringing her kid along on an unsanctioned mission? Pretty stupid; got some Rebel aviators killed in the process, so that's good. "General."

But overall, I'm very much into this series. I'm still finding Baylan and Shin Hati to be the most intriguing characters of them all, next to Ahsoka I suppose.
View All Quotes

Solid assessment.

Single moms, amirite?
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#41]

Single moms, amirite?
View Quote

Baylan is simply a product of the times. He survived the big purge and now he has become his own master, freelancing to whomever will pay the most or put him in the most advantageous position to effect his thriving survival. Unfortunately, the same powers that set him on his current course are the very same ones who set the whole purge in motion to begin with. Absolutely fascinating character arc.

Shin just seems to be there for the violence.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Baylan is simply a product of the times. He survived the big purge and now he has become his own master, freelancing to whomever will pay the most or put him in the most advantageous position to effect his thriving survival. Unfortunately, the same powers that set him on his current course are the very same ones who set the whole purge in motion to begin with. Absolutely fascinating character arc.

View All Quotes

Single moms, amirite?

Agree with that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
what every way this show goes, good bad other. Just remember that the Auralnauts are going to have so much good material to work with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Thrawn of the Books or Thrawn in Rebels, because they made him two different people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Original EU Thrawn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Original EU Thrawn.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

That's hawt tho
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Single moms, amirite?

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Single moms, amirite?

She's going to be the next Darth Maul. So far in her first appearance she's exhibited a lot of (mostly competent) violence and very little other character development. But I predict this is just the introduction and she'll have a prominent (but probably not lead) role in the next New Republic- era production.

Either that or she'll become a persistent one-dimensional destructive force of nature, like Jaws or Anton Chigurh. Which still might be okay but that's easy to screw up with bad writing.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BB:

Yeah, definitely could go up a cup size for sure with her.
View Quote

I like em. Built for speed
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

She's going to be the next Darth Maul. So far in her first appearance she's exhibited a lot of (mostly competent) violence and very little other character development. But I predict this is just the introduction and she'll have a prominent (but probably not lead) role in the next New Republic- era production.

Either that or she'll become a persistent one-dimensional destructive force of nature, like Jaws or Anton Chigurh. Which still might be okay but that's easy to screw up with bad writing.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

Single moms, amirite?

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top