Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Does he ever look happy?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Re-watched the last episode. In the ending scene, it doesn't look like the big Mando dude (grandson of the Grand Pubah?) was happy with Bo Ka-tan being accepted into the tribe.

Does he ever look happy?
Hard to know. Maybe take off his helmet?

Late to the party. And page ownage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

We were willing to overlook Bon Braun's history because we wanted his research. This whole thing with the New Republic is fixated on making sure he repents and the Republic won't even let him conduct his research.

I don't really see the parallel.

There is likely a better one in the post Civil War era, or post War Germany. I'd want to say post reunification Germany, but Germany just unabashedly let the Commies take over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Originally Posted By macman37:

I used the von Braun analogy to a friend who was "meh" on the episode. It's so apt.
I'm surprised folks are seeing the Operation Paperclip connection to this episode.

We were willing to overlook Bon Braun's history because we wanted his research. This whole thing with the New Republic is fixated on making sure he repents and the Republic won't even let him conduct his research.

There is likely a better one in the post Civil War era, or post War Germany. I'd want to say post reunification Germany, but Germany just unabashedly let the Commies take over.

This was my take on Wednesday:

Originally Posted By AR-1904:

Doctor Pershing’s story was weird. And sad. I would have expected more “Operation Paperclip” and less ….whatever it is he’s doing.

The New Republic isn’t exactly using Imperial assets to their full potential.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Hard to know. Maybe take off his helmet?

Late to the party. And page ownage.
View Quote

You’ve been here for over two decades.  You should know you can’t own a page with an edit.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
lol fu
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

I thought he still did the voice.  If he doesn't, then who does?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

You guys know that's Favreau in that suit, right?

no hes not. not on season 3. and its no longer his voice either.

I thought he still did the voice.  If he doesn't, then who does?
Favreau was never in the suit.  The guy that's been in the suit the whole time is now doing the voice work as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Originally Posted By macman37:

I used the von Braun analogy to a friend who was "meh" on the episode. It's so apt.
I'm surprised folks are seeing the Operation Paperclip connection to this episode.

The writers are pulling half-things in at random as plot points to give gravitas and relevance to the stories. Like the Board Room drama in Andor that wound up being so great. It’s a touchpoint for the writers to use.

In short, it’s not a true parallel, so don’t go looking for a fully fleshed out corollary. Or maybe there is, if this leads to Emperor Palpaclone showing up in Rise of Skywalker…
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Wearing, one would assume, a girdle.
View Quote

What we don't do...is poke fun at those that save our stories.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Carl Weathers is directing the next episode.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Theoretically, could a Mandalorian take 50+ gallons from the living waters, take off his helmet in front of others every day, dunk himself in the water every night, and every morning wake up “redeemed” according to the letter of the “law”?
View Quote

This is why the Talmud is so long.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:46:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#15]
Republic Officer Tucker talks about Padawans - ChatGPT/Eleven Labs

Tucker Carlson Interviews Palpatine Post Jedi Attack - ChatGPT/Eleven Labs

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

It’s striking me more like after the Iraq invasion and we booted all the baathists and Iraqi army.

Now it’s the amateurs running the show.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:17:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: exDefensorMilitas] [#17]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

Star Wars universe is almost 40k-tier in terms of violence and chaos. Funny how it's considered by many to still be a children's story when it's one of the worst fictional scifi settings to live in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackthom8:
Originally Posted By Naporter:

The Republic didn't force planets to join. The Empire did.

Under the Empire, if a planet had a strategic value or valuable resources, they'd make the effort to take it.  How they achieved that varied.

In some cases, they could do like China and simply buy off the existing government to allow them to do whatever they want.

In others, if locals posed little resistance, they'd subjugate them and install their own leadership. Locals would frequently end up as conscripts in the military or slaves (what happened to Lothal until the end of Rebels).

In extreme cases where a planet held a truly unruly and troublesome population, they'd simply slaughter them. While the impetus for doing so was different, we know they were responsible for the genocides of Geonosis and Mandalore.

This is what's great about the EU. As Miami said, we truly see WHY the Empire are the bad guys.  To make a WW2 comparison, the movies are like a recruiting poster telling you the nazis are evil. The EU is seeing the camps and understanding the true depth of evil.

Star Wars universe is almost 40k-tier in terms of violence and chaos. Funny how it's considered by many to still be a children's story when it's one of the worst fictional scifi settings to live in.

Almost 40k tier

ETA: I'll give you the Rakatan and the Revan time period as getting there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:17:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#18]
finally started clone wars and i zipped through season 1 over the weekend. S2 seems to be more action so far. just finished the s2 ep that showed anakins vader side interrogating for a cure of the blue virus.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Bring back Andor story telling and acting because this shit is horrible.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
finally started clone wars and i zipped through season 1 over the weekend. S2 seems to be more action so far. just finished the s2 ep that showed anakins vader side interrogating for a cure of the blue virus.
View Quote

Clone Wars didn't keep my attention for very long. Seemed pretty repetitive to me. I did really enjoy Rebels though. I feel Rebels gave me more information relevant to the current Star Wars series going on.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#21]
GEN Z is a weird generation with Attention Deficit Disorder.

Apparently, people on Twitter are complaining that this season of "The Mandalorian" is too slow and in particular the last episode. So, I guess if things are flashing on screen every second like a damn Transformers movie it can't hold the attention of young people.

We really are moving towards a future like the movie "Ideocracy" where we just have an ass on screen farting for 60 minutes.  It would be just too boring to know who's ass it was and why they were farting apparently.

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Apparently, people on Twitter are complaining that this season of "The Mandalorian" is too slow and in particular the last episode. So, I guess if things are flashing on screen every second like a damn Transformers movie it can't hold the attention of young people.

We really are moving towards a future like the movie "Ideocracy" where we just have an ass on screen farting for 60 minutes.  It would be just too boring to know who's ass it was and why they were farting apparently.

View Quote

The problem wasn’t that E3 was too slow.  The problem is that, besides the first scene and the last scene, the entire episode was about shit most people didn’t care about.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#23]

The problem wasn't that E3 was too slow.  The problem is that, besides the first scene and the last scene, the entire episode was about shit most people didn't care about.
View Quote
I liked those scenes, but I agree that it was too much for one episode. They should have been spaced out or cut down.  Same issue with the Last of Us.  Space out the flashbacks and tie them into the main plot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

View Quote

They’re philistines. Storytelling is dying. Filoni and Favreau are trying to set up future plot elements and we’re all like “show me the pew pew booms *fart sounds*”.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
I liked those scenes, but I agree that it was too much for one episode. They should have been spaced out or cut down.  Same issue with the Last of Us.  Space out the flashbacks and tie them into the main plot.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By happycynic:

The problem wasn't that E3 was too slow.  The problem is that, besides the first scene and the last scene, the entire episode was about shit most people didn't care about.

Yup.  It took up 40 minutes and they easily could’ve done it in 20 minutes.  Cut that entire train scene for starters.

If this was a 22+ episode season, sure, go nuts.  However, with only 8 episodes in a season the screen time is much more valuable.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:

I’d assume they are like the sand people, they can only remove their head covering when alone, or with their partner, ie spouse.
View Quote

I have worn MOPP 4 for hours. It is horrible. Those helmets and the story arc is stupid.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#29]
View Quote

Wait til you get to the Mortis Gods.

For Anakin, it's the quintessential "one meets his destiny on the path he takes to avoid it"

Those episodes also explain Ahsoka's owl.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

I have worn MOPP 4 for hours. It is horrible. Those helmets and the story arc is stupid.
View Quote

i assume they can take it off when alone to shower/ sleep and clean inside? thats some hardcore shit NEVER to take it off. haricut? earwax removal? dental work? helmet on 24/7 is not humanly possible
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#31]

i assume they can take it off when alone to shower/ sleep and clean inside? thats some hardcore shit NEVER to take it off. haricut? earwax removal? dental work? helmet on 24/7 is not humanly possible
View All Quotes

We don’t need to assume.  We see it in the first half of S1.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

“Have you removed your helmet?” Is pretty straightforward.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:46:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArGyLe64] [#33]

“Have you removed your helmet?” Is pretty straightforward.
View Quote

The Armorer previously asked "Have you ever removed your helmet in front of another living being?" They can remove their helmets as long as it's not in the presence of another living being.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#34]
At least we don’t have wakanda horses in space  scenes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

The Armorer previously asked "Have you ever removed your helmet in front of another living being?" They can remove their helmets as long as it's not in the presence of another living being.
View Quote

thats what i noticed as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#36]
FFS

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

What about pets?  lol  all living beings or just humanoid?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#38]
It will be funny as hell when Mando and Bo-Katan fuck since neither one of them can take off their helmets now.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PCB66:
It will be funny as hell when Mando and Bo-Katan fuck since neither one of them can take off their helmets now.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:

View All Quotes

Only pet Mandalorian can have is a Mythosaur
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:30:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#41]
View Quote

Could they, theoretically, bang in a room fully naked if it was pitch black?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Obi Wan ROASTS the worst episode of the mandalorian
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Is it really that hard to just listen to what the show explicitly said?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:03:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

Seriously. This is worse banter than Steve Rogers and Tony Stark arguing about Mjolnir's enchantment.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

The Creed does mention ambient lumens.

A most unexpected loophole, but a welcome one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#47]

I thought he still did the voice.  If he doesn’t, then who does?
View Quote

Tait Fletcher, the guy in the suit does the voice now.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Their amnesty program feels a lot more like South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission than Operation Paperclip.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

View All Quotes

I thought he still did the voice.  If he doesn’t, then who does?

Pulled this off twitter

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Their amnesty program feels a lot more like South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission than Operation Paperclip.
View All Quotes

I had to look up what the TRC was, but yeah.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top