Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Finally had the time to watch the episode.

Had a lot of action, which was nice after last weeks episode. And some funny bits too, "Bad baby, no squeeze me."

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:32:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#2]
“Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to those who replied about water in space.

Today, SW taught me real science.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
I was underwhelmed by the episode.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

If you didn't like the most recent episode, you should probably stop watching.  Clearly the show isn't for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

haha i saw that too. i was wondering if it was the babies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
Originally Posted By 327AT-GUY:
They ate the baby space pterodactyls at their feast.
Had a good laugh at that.

haha i saw that too. i was wondering if it was the babies.

That is my hope.   Saw that giant chunk of meat but the thought of it being space buffalo wings/KFC did not cross my mind.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending on how the final goes, I may be done with Star Wars after it.  Again.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
If that happens they can just go ahead and rename the show The Mamdalorian.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Right?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Final episode of mando for  this season is 38 mins long
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Falconpilot1:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

They ain't wrapping shit up in 38 minutes. I'm thinking major cliffhanger! Hoping at least...
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

not even surprised at this point.  they blew their load (money) on ep7, now its to just setup a cliff hanger probably.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I think my favorite part of Disney Star Wars is how you can take an entire planet with one light cruiser and less than a company sized force.  

Now bear with me as I nerd out.

The Star Wars credit is roughly equal to a dollar.  See Youtube

An ISD costs 150.000.000  credits. By comparison, a USN Burke class destroyer costs about $1.8 billion , and the USN has 70 active. So you could afford 12 Star Destroyers for every Burke, or 840 Star Destroyers for what the USA, one single country occupying part of one planet, spends on destroyers.  Considering that the Star Wars galaxy is roughly equivalent to ours, that means there could be a million inhabitable worlds, and if only 1/10 of those are colonized, and only 1/10 of the colonized worlds have a significant population, that's still 10,000 industrialized worlds.  The size of Star Wars fleets should be so massive it would be hard to comprehend.  

But you can take a planet with less than a company.  

As an aside, Legend of Galactic Heroes is one of the few shows to attempt to scale realistic fleet battles for galaxy-spanning empires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HTuU8ka-Ck

View Quote

How many times did the Republic in the Clone Wars have to defeat a planetary blockade by flying right through the middle of the 10-15 ships that made up the blockade?  Why not just fly around it?  A planet is a sphere; how is it being blockaded by one single formation of ships?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:

How many times did the Republic in the Clone Wars have to defeat a planetary blockade by flying right through the middle of the 10-15 ships that made up the blockade?  Why not just fly around it?  A planet is a sphere; how is it being blockaded by one single formation of ships?
View Quote

Think of it as blocking the exit of a highway. There's only so many ways you can go.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

If you didn't like the most recent episode, you should probably stop watching.  Clearly the show isn't for you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
I was underwhelmed by the episode.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I always figured that was just cinematography. It wouldn't take that many ships to blockade a planet so nothing could get out of the gravity well, it's the ultimate...

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
They won't be killing off Din. They're going to make a Mandolarian movie that completes Din's story arc.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't see how they can wrap much up in 38 min.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:

I always figured that was just cinematography. It wouldn't take that many ships to blockade a planet so nothing could get out of the gravity well, it's the ultimate...

https://media.tenor.com/_f0F0JFbKr4AAAAM/high-ground-obi-wan.gif
View Quote
I imagine it would take quite a few.  Even the death star is absolutely tiny compared to the size of an Earth-type planet. Just leave atmo on the other side of the planet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD762] [#21]

View Quote

Hyperspace lane access was only in certain spots.

When reentering an atmosphere in real life, its best done somewhat near the equator.  I forget the reason why (English major) but it was explained in my astronomy class.  Something to do with speed and friction.

Thus, in the Star Wars universe, if you want to blockade a planet you really only need to block transit along the equator on the side of the planet facing the hyperspace lane.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Click To View Spoiler

Based on the way the writers have his character trending towards being an incompetent simp, death might be a mercy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

"No.  No.  No.  No."
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

When reentering an atmosphere in real life, its best done somewhat near the equator.  I forget the reason why (English major) but it was explained in my astronomy class.  Something to do with speed and friction.

Thus, in the Star Wars universe, if you want to blockade a planet you really only need to block transit along the equator on the side of the planet facing the hyperspace lane.
View Quote
Couldn't you do micro-jumps?  The lanes were just safe places to navigate. You could jump on the other side of the planet, bounce around the solar system and then enter the lane at any point within the system so long as a gravity well didn't interrupt things.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't be the only person who was genuinely disappointed that those two baby pterodactyl beasts wound up on a spit rather that being fast-tracked into flying mount training, can I?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
I can't be the only person who was genuinely disappointed that those two baby pterodactyl beasts wound up on a spit rather that being fast-tracked into flying mount training, can I?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:
I don't see how they can wrap much up in 38 min.
View Quote

They can't.  That's why the will have season 4, a movie, and all the related series.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Tell me more how you don’t understand Hyperspace lanes?

Traveling through Hyperspace ain’t like dusting crops boy!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Couldn't you do micro-jumps?  The lanes were just safe places to navigate. You could jump on the other side of the planet, bounce around the solar system and then enter the lane at any point within the system so long as a gravity well didn't interrupt things.
View All Quotes

Hyper space really isn’t well defined in Star Wars. It’s another dimension, not just light speed jumps. It’s generally regarded as being pretty dangerous outside of the well defined lanes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I liked it, but I was very disappointed to hear the name Hux. I was hoping beyond hope that the series wouldn’t legitimize the flaming dumpster fire riding a tsunami wave that is the sequel trilogy.

Yet here we are.

Fuck the sequel trilogy. Fuck the first order. Fuck KK.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AZshooter71:
I liked it, but I was very disappointed to hear the name Hux. I was hoping beyond hope that the series wouldn’t legitimize the flaming dumpster fire riding a tsunami wave that is the sequel trilogy.

Yet here we are.

Fuck the sequel trilogy. Fuck the first order. Fuck KK.
View Quote

They are too prideful and arrogant for that.  Hell, they’re even making another Rey film.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#33]
I still can’t get this out of my head….

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
I still can’t get this out of my head….

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/4AEAA7E4-4907-407D-A76B-BDD13EBC5A8E_jpe-2782654.JPG
View Quote

*Pocket sand*
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#35]
38 minute finale? Geez.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Think of it as blocking the exit of a highway. There's only so many ways you can go.
View Quote

In our system with our tech this is true.

It is not true once FTL is on the table and it is a clear plot issue and has been from the beginning of SW.

Now if you allow for short FTL jumps, then sure, but traditional SW fans hate this because of the HKV issue it introduces.

So we have to live with the fact that picket ships are always exactly where the plot needs them to be.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Hello brother.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:03:12 PM EDT
[#38]

Hyper space really isn’t well defined in Star Wars. It’s another dimension, not just light speed jumps. It’s generally regarded as being pretty dangerous outside of the well defined lanes.
View All Quotes

Maybe, but getting into hyperspace still requires you to speed up based on the visual effects we have always been given.

The lanes are just roads with (generally) defined rules.  There is nothing in canon to say you can't drive outside the lines.  Hell, the classically butchered blunder of the Kessel run was 'fixed' by incorporating the idea that violating lanes was not only possible, but 'better'.

A micro-jump is definitionally safe, you can practically see where you are jumping to.

Think about how interesting space battles would be if you could, at any moment, smash a button that instantly takes you even a quarter mile forward.

The problem is viewers couldn't process it.  That's always been a problem since sci-fi started dealing with relativistic speeds that don't involve appropriate fuel expenditures.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By fredegar:
38 minute finale? Geez.
View Quote

Taking into account the credits, its probably more like 33ish.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By fredegar:
38 minute finale? Geez.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I think Axe Woves is a spy... he jetted off to get the fleet when the Imps attacked.  However he had no ship to return to since the armorer had taken the gauntlet to ferry the wounded and there are no comms because of the interference.  So where the hell was he going?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By liljim11:
I think Axe Woves is a spy... he jetted off to get the fleet when the Imps attacked.  However he had no ship to return to since the armorer had taken the gauntlet to ferry the wounded and there are no comms because of the interference.  So where the hell was he going?
View Quote

I was wondering that same thing during that scene.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#43]
What does hyperspace have to do with a planetary blockade?  You don't need hyperspace to fly around a planet.  If there is a cluster of ships trying to prevent you from landing on a planet, fly around it and approach from the other side.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#44]
What does hyperspace have to do with a planetary blockade?  You don't need hyperspace to fly around a planet.  If there is a cluster of ships trying to prevent you from landing on a planet, fly around it and approach from the other side.
View Quote

Then their sensors pick you up from a long way out and a ship is sent to intercept you.

Remember when Din had to take the frog lady to the water planet but couldn’t use hyper space & it made him nervous because of how dangerous that was?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I rewatched it again last night and was thinking the same.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sh768] [#46]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

View All Quotes

When I watch these types of shows for the first time, I really enjoy them. I enjoy rewatching as well, but oftentimes that's when the logical errors become apparent. The above is a prime example, so glaring that we assume it will be addressed in the Finale.
Also:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

There are signs that point to Woves and Reeves…

Attachment Attached File

But why would they team up with the guy responsible for exterminating almost every Mandalorian and glassing the entire planet?
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#48]

There are signs that point to Woves and Reeves…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/19D473C6-0863-4160-9EE8-E3E9E4EA5212_jpe-2783562.JPG

But why would they team up with the guy responsible for exterminating almost every Mandalorian and glassing the entire planet?
View Quote

Because we're not dealing with great writing here.  The guy SCREAMS douchebag.  Therefore....  douchebag.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By kitwulfen:
My guess is...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

That would be good...but also...Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:33:39 AM EDT
[#50]

He wasn’t a droid and certainly wasn’t a Jedi.
He was a human with cybernetic enhancements. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber combat but was not a Force user.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Originally Posted By ICU:

General Grievous...?
Yes, thanks!

He wasn’t a droid and certainly wasn’t a Jedi.
He was a human with cybernetic enhancements. He was trained by Count Dooku in lightsaber combat but was not a Force user.

Grievous was a kaleesh, not human.
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Grievous
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top