User Panel

Page / 180
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
Not great. Not terrible.
View Quote
Probably the best episode this season. Space battles, flying stormtroopers vs mando's and Grogu maturing. Mando adopting Grogu was a great moment as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Dug the heck out of that ep! Solid finale.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Jetpack escape velocity. That was impressive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
When Bo Katan lost her shoulder pauldron earlier in the season, the armorer said she could make her a new one, although it would not be as advanced. I wonder if the two clans have different armor types:

Children of the Watch: simpler, more functional aromor
Bo Katan's mandos: More advanced, tech based armor

I'm just doing that thing you shouldn't do in Star Wars: try and explain it.

After a 2nd watch - this really feels like a goodbye to Din and Grogu to me. Jon Favreau said there will be a season 4. But a release date (or even production date) hasn't been set. Hopefully they will get pulled in through the other shows.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Probably the best episode this season. Space battles, flying stormtroopers vs mando's and Grogu maturing. Mando adopting Grogu was a great moment as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Not great. Not terrible.

Only having 20 or so Mandos at a time is jarring to me. They should be an army.

Also, I always get annoyed when a single person sits in the captain's chair and operates a large naval ship. Not a huge deal, just annoys me. They do that constantly in Stargate too.

The 2 factions fighting an airborne jetpack battle was awesome. I was very glad they didn't make the Armorer a traitor.

Din adopting Grogu didn't really hit me, because I thought he already had back when the Armorer declared that they were a clan of 2, with the Mudhorn signet. They've mentioned many times how Din is his dad, and Grogu is his kid prior to today.

Gideon's death was pretty awesome. In fact, I just remembered that Gideon is the one in the book of Judges who sifts through the men to find the best soldiers among them. As he builds an elite army of Beskar clad troopers. Probably an obvious callback I'm the last to recognize. Though I wish they had clarified whether his Supercommandos were former Maul-dalorians, or just dudes in tough armor.

With the finale that ended up on screen, looking back they spent far too much time on Coruscant. None of the scenes they showed there actually mattered to the main plot, and the story would not change one bit if they were cut. Gideon explained that entire plot in about 2 minutes of exposition. If it was a setup for future series, it shouldn't have appeared in a 40 minute, 8 episode season we waited 2 years to get. Maybe as a post credit scene, but not as a substantial part of the runtime.

The more they connect this show to the Sequels, the worse it gets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
We had to get the new republic filler because fkk canceled Gina's show.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By K2QB3:
I liked it.

That was a really dense 38 minutes. So much drama about Pedro and the only character that died was Gideon.

https://i.redd.it/gqk4u5fhbiua1.jpg
View Quote

Did he though??  No dead body and he was wearing a suit of power armor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
ok; ok. I have to repeat myself because of the stupid editor rules.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#9]
ya, that was a good bye.

it was fun while it lasted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
So if Gideon bested Bo Katan, and Axe crashed the light cruiser into the planet killing Gideon, does that make Axe the rightful owner of the Darksaber? Fair is fair, right?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
When Bo Katan lost her shoulder pauldron earlier in the season, the armorer said she could make her a new one, although it would not be as advanced. I wonder if the two clans have different armor types:

After a 2nd watch - this really feels like a goodbye to Din and Grogu to me. Jon Favreau said there will be a season 4. But a release date (or even production date) hasn't been set. Hopefully they will get pulled in through the other shows.
View Quote

I got the “goodbye” vibe too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By macman37:
Dug the heck out of that ep! Solid finale.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

My read on that whole situation is that "The Mandalorian" was only supposed to run two seasons and then we'd get the book of Boba, book of Bo-Katan, book of Cara dune, etc. where Din Djarin would be a recurring character, but Grogu landed so big they, or more likely KK, decided to extend the main series and they had to adapt.

I think that's the root of the Pedro problems too, he didn't sign on for all this and Disney didn't want to pay him for the hit he ended up headlining. I think it's overblown but there's something real behind it.

So no, I think this was the big Bo-Katan season and she'll be less involved in the future, although they're definitely going back to Mandalor and the Mythosaur in the end.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
So if Gideon bested Bo Katan, and Axe crashed the light cruiser into the planet killing Gideon, does that make Axe the rightful owner of the Darksaber? Fair is fair, right?
View Quote

The busted Darksaber… I guess.

I don’t think Gideon is necessarily dead though. Partially sure, but he’s in great armor.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By codefied:
That's more than a decent wrap up. They actually tied everything up nicely.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Imagine someone telling you way back in Chapter 11 that Bo-Katan's nameless sidekick would end up being the one to kill Moff Gideon.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Her replacement Paul drop looked like pure Beskar to me, like Din’s. I missed the Armorer telling her it wouldn’t be as advanced. Will need to rewatch that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Imagine someone telling you way back in Chapter 11 that Bo-Katan's nameless sidekick would end up being the one to kill Moff Gideon.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#18]

As far as spies, I'm thinking it's either the Armorer (who made a convenient exit) or Axe Wolves, who (who also made a convenient exit). If the Armorer turns out to be Rook Kast then I can accept the betrayal, but wow what a long game she would have played. I really hope she's not betraying them. I theorized that the Armorer could be Ursa Wren (doesn't explain the horned helmet, but the idea of her going to the old ways to atone for her sins fits). I don't know. Maybe she's just a new character, which could work too. I really hope she's not betraying them.

I could give 2 fucks about Axe as he's arrogant and annoying. if it's him that makes it more palatable. If it's the survivors, I can understand that too, but seems like a stretch.
View Quote

And he won MVP of the season finale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#19]
This is the mother fuckin way!
so hard to ignore this thread all day
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:50:32 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

A Man(dalorian) has no name.

At least it wasn’t Arya Stark
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I guess The Mandalorian equivalent of that travesty would be if during the final battle Moff Gideon was about to kill Bo-Katan and then, out of nowhere, that goofy Mos Eisley mechanic appears out of nowhere and one shots him.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#22]
While this season hasn't been horrible, I think I prefer the ending to Season 2, and kinda wish BOBF and this season just didn't happen. So therefore I invoke the Rocky Rule, which states that nothing after Rocky IV actually happened.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:18:01 AM EDT
[#23]
And speaking of…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

As far as spies, I'm thinking it's either the Armorer (who made a convenient exit) or Axe Wolves, who (who also made a convenient exit). If the Armorer turns out to be Rook Kast then I can accept the betrayal, but wow what a long game she would have played. I really hope she's not betraying them. I theorized that the Armorer could be Ursa Wren (doesn't explain the horned helmet, but the idea of her going to the old ways to atone for her sins fits). I don't know. Maybe she's just a new character, which could work too. I really hope she's not betraying them.

I could give 2 fucks about Axe as he's arrogant and annoying. if it's him that makes it more palatable. If it's the survivors, I can understand that too, but seems like a stretch.

I will admit I was wrong there. I even got the vibe that he's taken Ragnar Vizsla under his wing as Ragnar was standing right next to him at the lighting of the forge.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
While this season hasn't been horrible, I think I prefer the ending to Season 2, and kinda wish BOBF and this season just didn't happen. So therefore I invoke the Rocky Rule, which states that nothing after Rocky IV actually happened.

View Quote

I once had a horrible dream that they made a Rocky movie after IV.  From what I can remember from the nightmare:

- Paulie, inexplicably, had access to Rocky’s finances and not only is Rocky broke, but he’s also in massive debt.

- Rocky’s son becomes a punk bitch.

- Rocky trains a fighter who later bails on him for the Seinfeld Johnny Cochran.

- The climax of the film is a street fight where Rocky is helped by the ghost of Micky.

Thank God that was just a nightmare though and the last scene in the Rocky saga is him single handedly defeating communism.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I really appreciate the level of cheese and humor...it's not too much, but just enough that the show isn't taking itself too seriously. Grogu's ridiculous, wonderful puppet walk, yes/no buttons, even that great, silly iris out at the end.  I genuinely chuckle with delight often while watching this show, but the humor almost never undermines the drama.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#27]
I’m pretty sure Gideon’s troops were just Stormtroopers in better armor. Watch the Mandalorians know how to attack the weak points in their armor and start taking them out in droves.

I did like the “battlefield pickups” as Mando progressed through the shields taking out troopers.

ETA- did Gideon’s suit have something akin to pneumatics/hydraulics to power it up like Power Armor from Fallout? He sounded like a droid when he moved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I’m pretty sure Gideon’s troops were just Stormtroopers in better armor. Watch the Mandalorians know how to attack the weak points in their armor and start taking them out in droves.

I did like the “battlefield pickups” as Mando progressed through the shields taking out troopers.

ETA- did Gideon’s suit have something akin to pneumatics/hydraulics to power it up like Power Armor from Fallout? He sounded like a droid when he moved.
View Quote

Yes and that was a pretty cool moment when Gideon was talking about the inferiority of the Mandalorians while beating Bo Katan up from the safety and comfort of his pseudo-Mandalorian powered armor… you knew he was getting a come uppance for that kind of hubris.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#29]
What if
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By FE427TP:
What if
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#31]
The only thing that annoyed me was how fast they wrapped up the Grogu/Pershing/Kane/Cloning story.

They had an entire episode building up the story with Pershing getting back into his mysterious cloning research, then the imperial double agent Kane plotting to wipe Pershing's memory because the unknown research was a huge deal, then it all ends with a 5 minute scene of some Gideon clones being destroyed and Gideon crying about it?

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
It's assumed that Pershing was using Grogu to make force sensitive clones.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
View All Quotes

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler

It would have to be.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler

It still doesn’t answer his question.

Gideon had full grown clones. They got dna samples from baby Grogu a year or two ago.

Thus it would be unlikely that baby Grogus dna would have been incorporated into the Gideon clones seen in the finale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:29:50 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I assumed that because Bo Katan’s armor was royal armor made before the purge there was more resources available to add tech into every piece of the armor.  

The armorer is working under apocalypse conditions so she doesn’t have the needed parts to match prepurge technology.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:30:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#36]
Originally Posted By JAD762:

It still doesn't answer his question.

Gideon had full grown clones. They got dna samples from baby Grogu a year or two ago.

Thus it would be unlikely that baby Grogus dna would have been incorporated into the Gideon clones seen in the finale.
View All Quotes

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler

Spaarti cloning only took a year to make fully-grown clones and was in use at this time of the series.

The older method for making the original clone troopers took 10 years.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Spaarti_cloning_cylinder

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Was there an explanation for why the previous episode was named Spies (plural)?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Yes and that was a pretty cool moment when Gideon was talking about the inferiority of the Mandalorians while beating Bo Katan up from the safety and comfort of his pseudo-Mandalorian powered armor… you knew he was getting a come uppance for that kind of hubris.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Gideon be like

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler

There are at least a couple of years between each season, so like 6-7-8 from season 1 to season 3
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I liked it enough.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Only having 20 or so Mandos at a time is jarring to me. They should be an army.

Also, I always get annoyed when a single person sits in the captain's chair and operates a large naval ship. Not a huge deal, just annoys me. They do that constantly in Stargate too.

The 2 factions fighting an airborne jetpack battle was awesome. I was very glad they didn't make the Armorer a traitor.

Din adopting Grogu didn't really hit me, because I thought he already had back when the Armorer declared that they were a clan of 2, with the Mudhorn signet. They've mentioned many times how Din is his dad, and Grogu is his kid prior to today.

Gideon's death was pretty awesome. In fact, I just remembered that Gideon is the one in the book of Judges who sifts through the men to find the best soldiers among them. As he builds an elite army of Beskar clad troopers. Probably an obvious callback I'm the last to recognize. Though I wish they had clarified whether his Supercommandos were former Maul-dalorians, or just dudes in tough armor.

With the finale that ended up on screen, looking back they spent far too much time on Coruscant. None of the scenes they showed there actually mattered to the main plot, and the story would not change one bit if they were cut. Gideon explained that entire plot in about 2 minutes of exposition. If it was a setup for future series, it shouldn't have appeared in a 40 minute, 8 episode season we waited 2 years to get. Maybe as a post credit scene, but not as a substantial part of the runtime.

The more they connect this show to the Sequels, the worse it gets.
View Quote
What was the deal with Gideon's suit and all of the motor/solenoid noises?   I'm assuming it is tuned up for extra strength because I don't see him being stronger than Mando and throwing him around like that.      Guess I missed something.         I thought the Mandalorian/Storm Trooper angle was neat, but Gideon trying to be Vader as lame.   I wasn't crazy about that.     Just me though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I was waiting for an insane Maul to pop up somewhere or be in one of those tanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Prae:
What was the deal with Gideon's suit and all of the motor/solenoid noises?   I'm assuming it is tuned up for extra strength because I don't see him being stronger than Mando and throwing him around like that.      Guess I missed something.         I thought the Mandalorian/Storm Trooper angle was neat, but Gideon trying to be Vader as lame.   I wasn't crazy about that.     Just me though.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought the finale was good, but a little rushed. A lot things earlier in the season that I thought hinted at things to come never happened. This video basically describes how I feel about the episode.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#45]
They should jump the shark in a spinoff, Mando, River Tam, young Ben, John Wick, T2 and of course B.J. Blazkowicz get transported back/forward in time with their weapons to 1930's Nazi Germany to take Castle Wolfenstein, kill all the bad guys then make a benevolent 3rd Reich that is less murdery and unites Europe as one country as states in a constitutional representative republic with 2 term limits, Germany nukes Japan and China in 1945, cuz fuck 'em that's why. Season II is, 'To Argentina, No Survivors.'
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:53:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD762] [#46]
Spaarti cloning only took a year to make fully-grown clones and was in use at this time of the series.

View All Quotes

Quick followup/add-on:

Click To View Spoiler

Spaarti clones were functional retards until Thrawn completely cut them off from the force.

Not a great way to make force sensitive super soldiers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sh768:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote
Ah, that make sense.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Good episode. Lots of stuff happening all at once.

I am afraid. Gideon, no body. Not dead. He will be back. Darth Vader 2.0

Grogu is a little beast. Always has been. Writing has kept him benign and I hate that. The little guy might be the most powerful force wielder in Star Wars history.

I’m glad they didn’t kill Din or Bo-Katan. Perhaps season 4 will be more like the first season where they are traveling for bounties but fixing other problems along the way.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Prae:
What was the deal with Gideon's suit and all of the motor/solenoid noises?
View Quote
It was powered.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Good episode. Lots of stuff happening all at once.

I am afraid. Gideon, no body. Not dead. He will be back. Darth Vader 2.0

Grogu is a little beast. Always has been. Writing has kept him benign and I hate that. The little guy might be the most powerful force wielder in Star Wars history.

I’m glad they didn’t kill Din or Bo-Katan. Perhaps season 4 will be more like the first season where they are traveling for bounties but fixing other problems along the way.

View Quote

he's a bit of a thrill junkie too - between giggling at the orgy of violence of IG12 escorting him on the speeder bike whilst blasting every Imp in sight, and the little laughs as the Crimson Guardsmen were hacking at him, he's hilarious.
Page / 180
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top