Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 177
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:08:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#1]
Don't waste your time with this weeks bad batch.  

IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS, DO NOT READ THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE CURRENT EPISODE.

Mando opening was fun.
Hope we see Giancarlo this season

I also know the budget isn't as big as a 25 yo movie, but once off that rotoLEDstage, man, the effects look straight out of phantom menace.

The easter egg was nice.

Lot of heavy emphasis on the mythosaur.  Will DinDjaren and the mandalorian technicolor dreamcoat fight it when they move back to mandalore?  Also first time I noticed a lot of boba fett's blaster model on camera.

Was Paz Vizla (big mandolorian) in CW?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MisterPX:
View Quote

It was alright but yeah after the last two episodes it pales in comparison.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool to see the TIE interceptors make a comeback. Not sure why Bo didn't see say about what she saw. Didn't really care too much about the scientist side story
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Cool to see the TIE interceptors make a comeback. Not sure why Bo didn't see say about what she saw. Didn't really care too much about the scientist side story
View Quote

The side story reminds us that Empire gonna Empire and the Republic would have been better off leaving all of them in prison.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's not forget that in CW, mando fighters were super destroyers against the republic forces..  Now, they're nerfed to a lambda shuttle..

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:09:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#8]
The Mando B plot ending was also not what I was expecting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The Mando ending was also not what I was expecting.
View Quote

Bo has no home and no people.  I feel like this is setting up a showdown between her and Mando for the dark saber so she can rule.

Then again, Mando doesn't want to rule so he would probably just take a dive.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#10]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Bo has no home and no people.  I feel like this is setting up a showdown between her and Mando for the dark saber so she can rule.

Then again, Mando doesn't want to rule so he would probably just take a dive.
View Quote

My bad.

B plot story wasn't what I expected.  A plot is the technicolor dreamcoat.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]

IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS, DO NOT READ THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE SEEN THE CURRENT EPISODE.

Mando opening was fun.
Hope we see Giancarlo this season

I also know the budget isn't as big as a 25 yo movie, but once off that rotoLEDstage, man, the effects look straight out of phantom menace.

The easter egg was nice.

Lot of heavy emphasis on the mythosaur.  Will DinDjaren and the mandalorian technicolor dreamcoat fight it when they move back to mandalore?  Also first time I noticed a lot of boba fett's blaster model on camera.

Was Paz Vizla (big mandolorian) in CW?
View Quote

Paz was not, his brother Pre was.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

View Quote

So calling Bo "... owl" was not cannon, or was it her helmet?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

CIS and the Republic were both being equally manipulated... CIS were the good guys and the Republic the aggressors.... sorta
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

CIS and the Republic were both being equally manipulated... CIS were the good guys and the Republic the aggressors.... sorta
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

The Republic were the badguys politically and the CIS were the badguys physically due to the Council doing Palpatine's bidding.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
you would think Din would practice a bit more with the dark saber cause he still sucks at it.  

Love me some Bo.....she can ride my jet pack.  I need to watch the last Riddick movie and see her taddies again.
View Quote

Wait......Katie gets naked in a movie? I must see this scene. Not the movie, just the scene.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

Wait......Katie gets naked in a movie? I must see this scene. Not the movie, just the scene.
View All Quotes
you would think Din would practice a bit more with the dark saber cause he still sucks at it.  

Love me some Bo.....she can ride my jet pack.  I need to watch the last Riddick movie and see her taddies again.

google will answer your every question
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#18]
is that the worst bad batch episode ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

It's one of those Riddick movies but I can't remember the name of it.  It's not Pitch Black.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Bad Batch episode was pretty dull, but it looks like they’re continuing the trend of pulling scenes right out of Indiana Jones movies. Today was another from Temple of Doom.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The sign even reads “Club Lao Che”!

Attachment Attached File

Mando was pretty good. Him and Bo Katan are heading in the right direction. Either to slug it out or to have some hot Mando on Mando action. I’m fine with either.

Doctor Pershing’s story was weird. And sad. I would have expected more “Operation Paperclip” and less ….whatever it is he’s doing. But the whole time I was watching it I couldn’t help but think how funny it would have been if the actor had been re-cast with

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I could be wrong but I think scrambling the scientist brain was a subversion. It was to easy to have him be a good guy. The you tubers had already written his whole story line after the first time he was on screen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#22]
is that the worst bad batch episode ?
View Quote

I think so.
Hence my do not waste your time warning.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 6:58:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: happycynic] [#23]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Before that smile gets too big, how did the Nabooboo starfighter make a jump without an R-2 Unit to calculate the hyperspace route?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By happycynic:
Before that smile gets too big, how did the Nabooboo starfighter make a jump without an R-2 Unit to calculate the hyperspace route?
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

On-board astronav computer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I liked the opening and closing to Mando, but not sure about all that stuff in the middle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

On-board astronav computer.
View Quote
Ah, true... she reworked it to where it didnneed an astromech.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#28]
This episode is making Andor seem fast paced
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:
I liked the opening and closing to Mando, but not sure about all that stuff in the middle.
View Quote

Same, I just don’t care about that aspect of the story.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Same, I just don't care about that aspect of the story.
View Quote
I did.... the New Republic is literally putting people in re-eduction camps and brainwashing them. The New Republic is literally operating like the Communists when they took. Re-education camps, having people assume new names, etc...
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I did.... the New Republic is literally putting people in re-eduction camps and brainwashing them. The New Republic is literally operating like the Communists when they took. Re-education camps, having people assume new names, etc...
View Quote
It's a fundamental issue that's been overlooked in Star Wars lore so far. You just can't run a galaxy-wide civilization like a nation-state.  And I get why it's been overlooked. Star Wars is about fighting space nazis.  But trying to create a centralized bureaucracy to run everything on that kind of scale couldn't help but become oppressive, regardless of who's in charge.  So yeah, I liked that bit as well.

I've actually given this issue way, way, way too much thought.  If you really had a galaxy spanning civilization with hundreds of species you'd have to organize it more like the Roman Empire, with the central government there to fund the navy and keep trade routes open, and all other matters handled by planetary governments.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

It's a fundamental issue that's been overlooked in Star Wars lore so far. You just can't run a galaxy-wide civilization like a nation-state.  And I get why it's been overlooked. Star Wars is about fighting space nazis.  But trying to create a centralized bureaucracy to run everything on that kind of scale couldn't help but become oppressive, regardless of who's in charge.  So yeah, I liked that bit as well.

I've actually given this issue way, way, way too much thought.  If you really had a galaxy spanning civilization with hundreds of species you'd have to organize it more like the Roman Empire, with the central government there to fund the navy and keep trade routes open, and all other matters handled by planetary governments.  
View Quote

All the governments in Star Wars are the bad guys, just like on earth
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Or Disney is trying to make the republic bad to justify their shitty sequels where it got replaced by the First Order.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 7:59:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone notice...Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jayne_Cobb] [#35]
Did the N1 have its blasters removed? He didn't use them once!

I got a neat N64 Rogue Squadron nostalgia though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#36]
C'mon, you guys don't what where the B plot is headed?

Why did I even post at 0400? Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

Or Disney is trying to make the republic bad to justify their shitty sequels where it got replaced by the First Order.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

The original canon did that. The New Republic was broken and in the end the Imperial Remnant took over and formed the Galactic Alliance. The New Republic were basically the space version the post war commies group, Red Army Faction.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Bad Batch was a food episode too. They've officially fled Cid and now have a place that Hunter has been wanting. A place they can settle, let Omega grow in peace, and they can grow old.

It will all be lost next episode.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

She was a lieutenant in Death Watch under Pre Viszla (sp?) and was leader of the Nite Owls a squad within Death Watch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#40]

She was a lieutenant in Death Watch under Pre Viszla (sp?) and was leader of the Nite Owls a squad within Death Watch.
View All Quotes

And then split off because they didn’t want to follow Maul.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Yes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
The Pershing side plot could have been half as long. Didn’t feel like a Mandalorian episode. I guess we’ll see how much it adds to the overall story at some point. I LOVE that they included Umate in live action.

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By November5:
This episode is making Andor seem fast paced
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#44]
On Mandalorian:

Yeah, I was not expecting Bo Katan to be welcomed in open arms. It was like "hey, welcome to the club, pick up your jumpsuit next to the kool-ade dispenser. I was watching some Star Wars Youtuber this week and he made a pretty compelling case that the Armorer isn't Rook Kast, but:

Click To View Spoiler
Now, where did all of those TIE fighters come from? Interceptors and Bombers/shuttles all have hyperdrives,. but did they jump in? Or is there an Imperial remnant hiding on Mandalore? Someone here theorized that.

On Dr Pershing. What a mind fuck that was. I appreciated the deeper backstory and the decadent vibes of the aristocracy on Coruscant. The terminator train scene and synthwave music was fun. And the Imp Star Destroyers being ripped apart was pulled right out of Bad Batch. I'm curious to see if the mind flare is just to make him more agreeable when the comms officer eventually pulls him back into imperial clutches.

On Bad Batch:

The Wanda Sykes character is almost as bad as the Martez Sisters. As soon as I saw her I was like "ugh, filler episode." Omega completely smoked a few of those gang members without a second thought. But yeah, probably the worse episode so far.

ETA:
You don't need a droid to work a hyperdrive. Han Solo and Chewbecca both did calculations on their own.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout] [#45]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
On Mandalorian:

Yeah, I was not expecting Bo Katan to be welcomed in open arms. It was like "hey, welcome to the club, pick up your jumpsuit next to the kool-ade dispenser. I was watching some Star Wars Youtuber this week and he made a pretty compelling case that the Armorer isn't Rook Kast, but:

Click To View Spoiler
Now, where did all of those TIE fighters come from? Interceptors and Bombers/shuttles all have hyperdrives,. but did they jump in? Or is there an Imperial remnant hiding on Mandalore? Someone here theorized that.

On Dr Pershing. What a mind fuck that was. I appreciated the deeper backstory and the decadent vibes of the aristocracy on Coruscant. The terminator train scene and synthwave music was fun. And the Imp Star Destroyers being ripped apart was pulled right out of Bad Batch. I'm curious to see if the mind flare is just to make him more agreeable when the comms officer eventually pulls him back into imperial clutches.

On Bad Batch:

The Wanda Sykes character is almost as bad as the Martez Sisters. As soon as I saw her I was like "ugh, filler episode." Omega completely smoked a few of those gang members without a second thought. But yeah, probably the worse episode so far.

ETA:
You don't need a droid to work a hyperdrive. Han Solo and Chewbecca both did calculations on their own.
View Quote

Din mentioned that Mandalore would be a great place to hide every is afraid of it and the storms keep any signals from leaving the planet... or something along those lines

ETA:  Not this episode, maybe the previous one?  Whenever he was flying through he storms with Grogu
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I dug it. Where were those TIEs from though?

Solid though quieter ep. Interested to see where they take the subplot.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By macman37:
I dug it. Where were those TIEs from though?

Solid though quieter ep. Interested to see where they take the subplot.
View Quote

undoing the damage that KK did with the post movies.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I enjoyed the first and last parts.  The bit on Coruscant I could have passed on.  Yeah, they were in previous Mando episodes, no, I didn't give a shit what happened to them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By fredegar:
The Pershing side plot could have been half as long. Didn't feel like a Mandalorian episode. I guess we'll see how much it adds to the overall story at some point. I LOVE that they included Umate in live action.

View Quote
She wanted to break him so he can't spill any secrets to the Republic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:25:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#50]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
On Mandalorian:

Click To View Spoiler

On Bad Batch:

ETA:
View Quote
Interceptors nor Bombers have hyperdrives. Only Defenders and Advanced X1s. There is a frigate somewhere. My guess is they belong to Thrawn.
Page / 177
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top