Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

He knew Skeen would probably just eventually kill him and the others
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:
Did anyone else think him shooting Skeen was a bit...extreme?  How about a "No" there, killer?

Maybe, but they seemed like they had the most in common and had each other's backs.  Or were getting to that point.  Skeen didn't seem like a backshooter.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone else think him shooting Skeen was a bit...extreme?  How about a "No" there, killer?

I thought the military bits were a bit silly but, with a few exceptions, I'm resigned to no one in Hollyweird ever getting it right.

"Company...HALT!" to a four man "squad".
View Quote

That was brilliant imho. They’re showing how overextended the Empire is, these are not elite troopers. They’re the rock-bottom dregs. Look at how the regional commander acted - they were assigned there and hated every second of it.

Shooting Skeen solidified his toughness and frankly showed how much of a True Believer/idealist Andor is. Plus Skeen could have later double-crossed them all and sold them all out for a few credits.

There are actually layers to this show. Give this creator/director a trilogy, between him and Filoni/Favreau, they could right this ship.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By macman37:

That was brilliant imho. They’re showing how overextended the Empire is, these are not elite troopers. They’re the rock-bottom dregs. Look at how the regional commander acted - they were assigned there and hated every second of it.

Shooting Skeen solidified his toughness and frankly showed how much of a True Believer/idealist Andor is. Plus Skeen could have later double-crossed them all and sold them all out for a few credits.

There are actually layers to this show. Give this creator/director a trilogy, between him and Filoni/Favreau, they could right this ship.
View Quote

I really like this show!  It's right up there with Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]

I thought the military bits were a bit silly but, with a few exceptions, I'm resigned to no one in Hollyweird ever getting it right.

View Quote

Skeen had made it clear that he couldn’t be trusted, odds are good that he would’ve killed Cassian if he refused anyway.

Better to deal with the problem then and there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that it was always Andor's intention to leave with his money after the operation was over.  The kid dying and Skeen suddenly revealing his treachery just move the timeline up a few notches.  Andor wasn't going to double cross them but was going to want his cut so he could get out of the spotlight.  He was not in it for the rebellion at that point.

Aside from the Mandalorian's cowboy style show, Andor has shown they CAN make good Star Wars.  The two girl thing was not even a blip.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#6]
Originally Posted By jduncan1:
I think that it was always Andor's intention to leave with his money after the operation was over.  The kid dying and Skeen suddenly revealing his treachery just move the timeline up a few notches.  Andor wasn't going to double cross them but was going to want his cut so he could get out of the spotlight.  He was not in it for the rebellion at that point.

Aside from the Mandalorian's cowboy style show, Andor has shown they CAN make good Star Wars.  The two girl thing was not even a blip.
View Quote

Cassian was definitely going to bail on them at some point, I’m guessing that the manifesto is what will bring him back.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Andor knew it was a matter time before suddenly rich and soon to be drunk Skeen was caught. Since he wasn’t a true believer Skeen would quickly give them all up.  Shoot him now and avoid all that. This fits perfectly with who Andor was before.  

The growth is the fact that he has realized the rebellion is a good thing and he left blonde chick alive and only took his promised amount.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Its the Empire not the .mil amigo
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Cassian was definitely going to bail on them at some point, I’m guessing that the manifesto is what will bring him back.
View All Quotes

I think - pure speculation on my part - the writers are setting Andor up to be a kind of fix-it man for Luthen Rael while he builds the Rebellion. Plus they will need to smuggle Mon Mothma out at some point, hope he’s part of that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Great show, and another great episode. Cassian is ruthless.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#11]
That was the 3rd time we have seen Andor’s quick assessment and problem solving result in shooting someone.

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#12]

Maybe, but they seemed like they had the most in common and had each other's backs.  Or were getting to that point.  Skeen didn't seem like a backshooter.
View Quote

Skeen didnt cover the bounding Ex-Stormtrooper in the vault...
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I’m not mil and that part made be go, “Uhhh…”
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Have you ever seen a heist movie?  You don't just say 'no' and everyone goes on their merry way lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Skeen had made it clear that he couldn’t be trusted, odds are good that he would’ve killed Cassian if he refused anyway.

View All Quotes

Shoot first the Han Solo way.  Its the best solution to such a space problem
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
The BEST Star Wars EVER!

Just had to state “adult SW” is great SW.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Have you ever seen a heist movie?  You don't just say 'no' and everyone goes on their merry way lol
View All Quotes

This.

Saying “no thanks” wasn’t an option. Skeen wouldn’t risk letting Cassian tell anyone about his intentions.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fike:
That was the 3rd time we have seen Andor’s quick assessment and problem solving result in shooting someone.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Or it could be that they did have the most in common is why Cassian didn't trust him.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 3:29:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MisterPX] [#20]
View Quote

Andor shoots a witness/robber and an informant.  It's the character.  That's why it falls in line with the character.

"you're gonna fuck me/us over"  Now you can't tell anyone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Or Splinter of the Mind’s Eye…? Regardless, not accepted canon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
Originally Posted By Furloaf:

Luke banged his sister in the OT

thats must the XXX parody you are confusing yourself with

https://goodmenproject.com/arts/luke-and-leia-had-sex/
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

I guess that settles it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2022 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Kidding around but really Lucas probably toyed with the idea for a while.  Pretty sure the sibling thing was a retcon later.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Luke and Leia were kinda sibling acting from the start except for the peck she gave him before the swing to safety in New Hope.  I just never got the brother fucker vibe at all.  She was all hot and bothered by the bad boy, older Han, even in New Hope.  Bad boys always get the tail.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, what's that interwebz rule???

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Luke and Leia were kinda sibling acting from the start except for the peck she gave him before the swing to safety in New Hope.  I just never got the brother fucker vibe at all.  She was all hot and bothered by the bad boy, older Han, even in New Hope.  Bad boys always get the tail.  
View Quote

Well, she wasn't his sister until 6 years later for ROTJ.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

I noticed that as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2022 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got to see the new episode. Holy shit this show is good!!
I called the kid and Skeen dying, but that’s not how I imagined it was going to go down. When Skeen was propositioning Cassian, I half thought he was trying to see if he could get Cassian to bite just to be like “aha! Gotcha!!”. I wasn’t expecting him to be serious about the double cross. Cassian made the right play though. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Did anyone catch what happened to Lt Gorn? I thought he got on the transport with them. I don’t recall him getting shot. I’ll have to watch it again.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
I called the kid and Skeen dying, but that’s not how I imagined it was going to go down. When Skeen was propositioning Cassian, I half thought he was trying to see if he could get Cassian to bite just to be like “aha! Gotcha!!”. I wasn’t expecting him to be serious about the double cross. Cassian made the right play though. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Did anyone catch what happened to Lt Gorn? I thought he got on the transport with them. I don’t recall him getting shot. I’ll have to watch it again.
View Quote

He was the first one to go down, shot in the back as he ran toward the transport IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Don't forget the French kiss during Empire. Just shows Licas was making it up as he went along.

As for Andor, he had to shoot. And didn't hesitate. Love it so far.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#32]

He was the first one to go down, shot in the back as he ran toward the transport IIRC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

I suspect he's still alive being they didn't make a point to show the body.  ISB will probably interrogate him before he dies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:23:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Greenhorn] [#33]
Maybe this is common knowledge, but a note on the actual value of the 80 million credits.

A new X-Wing is 150k credits.
View Quote

So the conversion rate is something like 1 credit to $2,500?  I'm guessing an X-wing costs about as much as an F-22.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 10:41:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#34]
Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

So the conversion rate is something like 1 credit to $2,500?  I'm guessing an X-wing costs about as much as an F-22.
View All Quotes
Maybe this is common knowledge, but a note on the actual value of the 80 million credits.

I think it is close to 1:1. Blasters are around 500 credits, rifles around 1000.

X-Wings or various crafts are comparable to cars in our economy.

What Can 80 Million Credits BUY the Rebels in ANDOR?

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#35]

I think it is close to 1:1. Blasters are around 500 credits, rifles around 1000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVa_tPYpcg
View Quote

I don't think 1x1 makes sense.  

The resources alone are depicted as being extremely expensive.  Combining those resources into a "thing" compounds the value.  

Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#36]

The resources alone are depicted as being extremely expensive.  Combining those resources into a "thing" compounds the value.  

View All Quotes

I honestly have no idea. Being Star Wars, there have been some pretty in-depth analyses done if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 10/15/2022 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Every character of consequence seems to have access to craft with hyperdrives, but we know a lot of people still fly public bulk transport if they can afford to travel at all.

Given the proportion of EU focus on mining and materials, it seems that the tech is negligible cost, but the militarily important materials and fuel are prohibitively expensive, even for the empire.

How much more should an Xwing cost over an unarmed and unarmored but still FTL capable transport? When does a designer opt for dunium vs energy shields?
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#38]
After 4 decent episodes, 5 & 6 were incredible. Phenomenal acting, writing and story. I fell in love with Scotland. The scenery was amazing. The cinematography and CGI put everything SW in the last decade to shame. I haven't felt that tension in a Star Wars show since Visions (Visions is absolutely is the best SW show).

The Skeen actor and storyline were incredible. I've been mulling over all those scenes for a week. They're just so good. There's nothing like that in the other SW shows/movies. That's movie level drama.

I have been convinced and I'm excited for many more episodes. It's encouraging they wrapped up a large story line on Ep 6 and are moving to new stories. Simply great and more to come. I'm converted.

Also, I have 5 Hasbro helmets and they're awesome. I've bought all of them on clearance and they're incredible value for the money.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
Well, she wasn't his sister until 6 years later for ROTJ.

Remember when she said, "I know.  I've always known."
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#40]
They just couldn't leave the homosexual shit out of it, could they. Jesus Christ.

Both of the lesbos are still alive so I'm sure we'll get to see more of this shit after they reunite.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:
They just couldn't leave the homosexual shit out of it, could they. Jesus Christ.

Both of the lesbos are still alive so I'm sure we'll get to see more of this shit after they reunite.

View Quote

In this case it was presented with a less, in your face and with context.

One of the sequels that don't count had some random characters kissing.  

I am okay with this relationship because it has context and makes sense.  Meh.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:

Right… if there was going to be gay stuff in SW, this is how you do it. With chicks. And no activist/in your face stuff. It’s just part of the universe, there are gays in it just like there are straights in it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I think actual Spaceworthy Spacecraft, particularly those that are combat capable, are more of a luxury item, well out of reach of most individuals. There are privately owned heaps but most people in the Star Wars Galaxy do not have access to a private Spacecraft.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I guess I am the only one who was not particularly impressed with “Andor”. It was’t bad but I found it very slow with a “meh” ending.

Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:23:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HeyCoach] [#45]

I think - pure speculation on my part - the writers are setting Andor up to be a kind of fix-it man for Luthen Rael while he builds the Rebellion. Plus they will need to smuggle Mon Mothma out at some point, hope he’s part of that.
View All Quotes

We see Mon Mothma again, chronologically, in Star Wars Rebels.

Click To View Spoiler

Originally Posted By Makarov:
I guess I am the only one who was not particularly impressed with “Andor”. It was’t bad but I found it very slow with a “meh” ending.

That’s why I like it. It’s not a new mission every episode that wraps up by the end credits. This is a big part of what helped the Rebellion gain traction and funding.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I think it was great! Skeen was accusing Andor of being a "plant/traitor/spy" when in fact Skeen was the double crosser. He got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JUDGED12carried6:
Awesome episode

I thought the girls were going to kiss after touching hands. Close one!

I recall they discussed marching with weapons pointed out? In this episode everyone had their weapon at the low ready pointed inward toward the other person.
View Quote

I noticed that too.

Well, can't expect perfection and Andor has been exceedingly well done thus far.

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread, else, I'd have no idea it existed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 10:42:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

I think it was great! Skeen was accusing Andor of being a "plant/traitor/spy" when in fact Skeen was the double crosser. He got what he deserved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:

“Accuse your enemy of what you are doing”
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:43:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Makarov:

View Quote

. You've got 6 more episodes to go for this season to end. This was midway. It's just getting started.

And season 2 was already greenlit for another 12 to lead directly to the events of Rogue One.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 8:00:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: macros73] [#50]

View All Quotes

Yup. As soon as Skeen realizes Andor isn’t going to say yes, Skeen is going to shoot him and claim that Cassian tried to steal the shuttle.

I think there was some anger on Cassian’s part as well. Inside, he’s an idealist and a rebel but hasn’t awoken to it yet or accepted it. He wants to do more and make a difference but doesn’t believe he can. He passed himself off as strictly a mercenary and now here is Skeen exposing himself as such, and treating Cassian as if Skeen accepts him as a mercenary. Cassian was repulsed by what he saw in Skeen, and what he thought Skeen saw in him.

Or I’m reading too much into it, but that’s how I interpret it.
Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top