Read this
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You might be surprised to find out that you can go to Disney and go do stuff outdoors.
The last time we went we spent three days at the park and then 7 days on the beach with one of those days out shark fishing.
Next month we will be spending three days at parks although not Disney this time and then 7 beach days while me and my son are going to go gator hunting one of those days.
View Quote

Wouldn't surprise me at all as I have been there for multiple work events for multiple days.  So many better cheaper or expensive options than giving money to those woke brokedicks around a bunch of Karens/Kevin.  Your outdoors vision differs from mine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May I suggest SeaWorld Orlando as a cheaper alternative.

I wouldn't go though
View Quote

Ok, so basically, never take recommendations from you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We took our kids a couple times a year when they were young. It wasn’t too bad, we always stayed in the budget hotels like Pop Century. It was for the kids to enjoy. I personally hated every trip, not being on a family trip but the way it’s handled and the nasty ass people. You stand in line only to get in a room thinking you’re about to get on a ride only to be cattle rustled into room with a hundred hot, sweaty, stinkin, pissed off people from all over the world. Whoever said it’s the happiest place on earth is a lying piece of shit. I’m glad we went, we’ll probably take our grandkids when they’re ready, but if that place was erased from the earth, I wouldn’t give a shit.
View Quote

“It’s the worst fucking place in the world!  But I’ve been several times.”

“I wouldn’t bat an eye if that hell-on-earth burned to the ground!  Can’t wait to take the grandkids.”

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You don't have tonstaybat a Disney property to gotonthe Park. This is a horrible written article
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You don't have tonstaybat a Disney property to gotonthe Park. This is a horrible written article
View Quote

Almost as badly as your post.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love to take my boys but Disney can’t just shut the fuck up. I don’t even care about the prices, but I fucking hate the company as a whole and everything they stand for.

Makes it hard to hand them $5k.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#10]
What I have seen at least for Disney land is the majority of people there are residents with season passes…which for California are no that expensive. So you get most of the park overcrowded with season pass holders and then vacationers that are paying out the rear to go.
They keep on raising the prices to try to make the park less crowded, yet still the parks are at capacity every day.
If Disney stopped the season pass program I feel they wouldn’t need to charge so much for non pass holders…
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I Would be willing to pay a little more if it keeps out the riff raff, people of WalMart, hood rats and such.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What I have seen at least for Disney land is the majority of people there are residents with season passeswhich for California are no that expensive. So you get most of the park overcrowded with season pass holders and then vacationers that are paying out the rear to go.
They keep on raising the prices to try to make the park less crowded, yet still the parks are at capacity every day.
If Disney stopped the season pass program I feel they wouldn't need to charge so much for non pass holders
View Quote
Disneyland Annual Pass program was canceled. A replacement program of some sort will come out later this year.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am surprised by that. Is the gator hunting booked through Disney?
View Quote

The King owns the gators. We seek permission from the King, not Disney to kill them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Simply do not see the attraction. Also.who needs to go for five days..go for one day, save the money and do other stuff that's more fun
View Quote
There are four parks.  You need a day of rest in the middle.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Disney is a waste of time...Cedar point is way more fun and at like 1 gazillionith of the price
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Under no circumstances would I give Disney a penny of my money. They are the epitome of corruption, liberal/deviant ideology, and greed. The list of companies I now refuse to deal with is growing quickly. Im not under the illusion that my avoidance will in any way affect Disney, but I can honestly state that my principles govern my actions. Anyone not disgusted by Disney isn't up to speed on their involvements.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
May I suggest SeaWorld Orlando as a cheaper alternative.

I wouldn't go though
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

For those that don't see it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Not surprising.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Since when does Disney have an obligation to cater to anyone except those that will pay the price of admission?

If people want to pay the Mouse 6 grand for a week, more power to them.

Full disclosure; we took the classic family trip to Disney World in the early 70's.  My folks were cheapskates; we had to stay at an off-resort hotel, all four of us crammed in one room, and commute in every day.

Best.  Trip.  Ever.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Conservatives: We must be ready to fight a brutal civil war against our own government to protect our values and way of life

Also conservatives: If you don't want to pay thousands of bucks to a corporation that pushes woke programming for kids that denigrates our values and  way of life then you hate your kids and need to get over yourself
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:15:38 PM EDT
[#21]
if it means there will be less people and I wont have to wait in 2 hour lines for every ride I would be 100% ok with it. as it stands, everyone that lives within an hours drive has an annual pass and goes 300 days a year. the family has to take a day off work, so theres at least $500, then we have to buy tickets for 5, thats about $700, then an easy $200 for food. and for that we get to ride 4 rides, and spend 10 hours in lines.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I’d never pay to go to Disney.  Not when I could take the family to Europe for less.

But the article is a bit flawed.  If the sandwich feeds 8 people, then who cares that it costs $100.  It’s more $100 / 8 to set it equivalent to a normal sandwich cost.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Good. Won’t have to see trailer trash, hood rats and etc there anymore.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#24]
One of these other places with rises should hire some cosplayers. Copy some stuff the makers are doing on a larger scale and give Disney some competition.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Kennedy Space Center is the best deal in Florida for attractions.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Yeah, total bargain.

And Disney has a much better military discount than KSC.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of these other places with rises should hire some cosplayers. Copy some stuff the makers are doing on a larger scale and give Disney some competition.
View Quote

That is called Kissimmee.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’d never pay to go to Disney.  Not when I could take the family to Europe for less.

But the article is a bit flawed.  If the sandwich feeds 8 people, then who cares that it costs $100.  It’s more $100 / 8 to set it equivalent to a normal sandwich cost.
View Quote

A slice is $14.50. Your drink is $16.50.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#28]
"A five-day trip to Disney World for a family of four now costs $6,033, according to Business Insider.

This includes tickets at a cost of $2,316, a four-night stay in a family suite at one of the park's budget hotels at a cost of $2,617, and the lowest cost dining plan at $1,100."

I read this part to my wife as justification why we're not going, instead I got,  "no, we're going before it gets more expensive."

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"A five-day trip to Disney World for a family of four now costs $6,033, according to Business Insider.

This includes tickets at a cost of $2,316, a four-night stay in a family suite at one of the park's budget hotels at a cost of $2,617, and the lowest cost dining plan at $1,100."

I read this part to my wife as justification why we're not going, instead I got,  "no, we're going before it gets more expensive."

Kharn
View Quote

Most families do not stay in suites
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been to Disney World. Very beginning of January actually. The lowered capacity was awesome, I couldn't imagine how crowded it would be (and how long the lines would be) at full capacity. As nice as it is I'm not sure I'd spend the money again and we didn't even stay on property. We actually found a "suite" at a nearby hotel listed on airbnb for a fraction of regular price because they were trying to fill rooms, so like 1/4 what the cost of staying on property would have been.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:02:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I live in Florida; I have not been to Disney in 15 years (when the kids were young, bought the tickets at a steep discount through the Army MWR system).  I can think of 100 things off the top of my head in Florida that are far more entertaining than Disney without even trying.  If one is into theme parks, I recommend Busch Gardens; not only is it cheaper, more compact and shorter lines, you are also closer to the beaches, the restaurants are better and cheaper in Tampa, Hotels/lodging is cheaper,  and there are far more "local" attractions with more variety within 40 miles of Tampa (everything from mermaid shows and airboat rides to stock car racing) than the Orlando area.  For 6000-ish $, you could live like a king in the Tampa Bay are for a week.  Not to mention Harbor Reloading is in Clearwater and the gun stores are better around Tampa.

<----Do not live in  the Tampa Bay area, but went of school there; my kids are currently enrolled in the same University I graduated from.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Standing in those long lines in 105+ degree heat right now doesn't sound fun.
View Quote

I go in October-May only.  Never again in Summer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Most families do not stay in suites
View Quote
And they do not offer a dining plan at this time

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Good it will keep the riff raff out
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#36]
We penciled out a two week vacation to Disney a few years back and discovered we could do a month long tour of Europe for less than half.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Went to Disney World as a kid in 1977.
IIRC it was $200 a night back then at the Contemporary Resort Hotel.
3 days was what it took to see everything back then before Epcot.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Went to Disney World as a kid in 1977.
IIRC it was $200 a night back then at the Contemporary Resort Hotel.
3 days was what it took to see everything back then before Epcot.
View Quote

Epcot is awesome
It was originally supposed to be Walt’s cult compound.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#39]
For most Americans, Disney World and Disney Land are the closest experiences to communism that they can experience today.

The price of everything is inflated, immediately. The leaders are promising some utopian dream land, you have to stand in line for food, pay out the ass, it tastes like trash. Wait 3 hours for a ride that's 3 mins long.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#40]
sucks for the Poors
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#41]
When our son was young we used to go almost every year. We would always do the entire experience and stay on property.
We haven’t been in 29 years since our son outgrew it. We are headed to Florida this fall and told my wife I would like to drop by for a few days to see the changes. The more I thought about the lines . No way.
We will wait until the grand daughter can get something out of the trip and take her.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When you stay at the hotels the tv plays Disney commercials that now all feature blacks. Too bad those blacks can't afford to stay there. More fake virtue signaling.
View Quote

Did they get rid of Stacey? FUCK THAT
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Disney is fun, not $6k fun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#44]
I am going to Disney world next month for free.  

But yeah if I had to pay I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am going to Disney world next month for free.  

But yeah if I had to pay I wouldn't do it.
View Quote
We are going in September. $3,600 for 8 nights at the Carribbean Beach Resort and two 6 day single park per day tickets.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
$100 for a sandwich that feeds 6-8 ain't horrible when you account for already high food costs in amusement parks.
View Quote

The free shit army wants it all free.

I prefer paying top dollar for the social screening it performs-provided they do not accept EBT

Walts dead-fuck rainbow Disney
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I can say one thing about Disneyland, it fucking amazes me the amount of people that can be crammed in the place and yet you will be hard pressed to find any trash on the ground and even crazier is you rarely notice the staff cleaning up trash.  Hell my to kids can keep me bizzy all day picking up after the two of you them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Should blame Gavin Newsome. He created the supply choke hold.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Having been there 10 years ago, I can say let em burn. Shitty rides, long lines, and outdated boring attractions. Bye..
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top