Quoted:
Resistance cancelled after Hasbro halts toy line due to disinterest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfqYElzk30M
View Quote
Geeks and Gamers tore into Kathleen Kennedy for that one
Lucasfilm Fails Again - Star Wars Resistance Gets Canceled
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Kennedy has to have blackmail on someone at this point.  It's the only explanation that makes sense.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They spent a billion dollars building a complete star wars city that no one has ever heard of that is not in any of the movies and made this lady the main character:

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/b5f76ce04b0995688eb042f1fe60a1e3/5DBB0398/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/c0.180.1440.1440/s640x640/62247749_119379205989761_7932110496219321050_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com

What did they expect??
View Quote
Who is that?  Khamalaomar Binks?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bob Iger knows if he fires her, ALL of Disney faces the wrath of the SJWs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kennedy has to have blackmail on someone at this point.  It's the only explanation that makes sense.  
That and apparently she has stocked LucasFilm full of her people. They’d have to sink the company to clean them out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 2:02:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Game of Thrones Showrunners Off Star Wars and Let Go by HBO for JJ Abrams?
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit this is awesome
The Nerdrotic Nooner 50th Birthday Live Stream - Nooner #123
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd do it...…………..their wrath isn't as important as the bottom line
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That and apparently she has stocked LucasFilm full of her people. They'd have to sink the company to clean them out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That and apparently she has stocked LucasFilm full of her people. They'd have to sink the company to clean them out.
Sounds like a plan.  When do we start?  I mean what are the SJW's going to do, boycott Star Wars?  Protest?  Do you really think anything is going to stop this guy from seeing a good Star Wars movie on opening night?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#10]
A few new bits of spoilery ROS footage out - Click To View Spoiler
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) | 'D23 Special Look' | Movieclips Trailers
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#11]
[Mr.Plinkett] Threepio's behind it all! [/Mr.Plinkett]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
only 40 seconds of that was new stuff, and none of that 40 seconds made me inclined to watch Episode 9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GvHiEiy10
only 40 seconds of that was new stuff, and none of that 40 seconds made me inclined to watch Episode 9.
Yep.  They're tacitly admitting E9 is shit, and hoping to reel in the nostalgia crowd they so diligently ran off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Half of my facebook feed is ads for star wars... they are pimping this shit hard right now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I hope E9 fucking TANKS.

The fun will be watching Disney lower their predictions of opening-weekend revenue several times over the next few months.

3 months out:  "We anticipate a $200M opening weekend!"

2 months out:  "We look forward to a $150M opening weekend!"

1 month out:  "This is going to be a smash hit with at least a $100M opening weekend!"

1 week out:  "We've said all along it's a success if it breaks $90M on opening weekend!"

Monday after opening weekend:  "It struggled to break $80M because *shuffles deck* FUCKING WHITE MALES!!"
View Quote
I'd hoped Solo bitchslapped the Mouse hard enough to get his mind right, but it doesn't appear so.  So be it, Jedi.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You would think that at some point the executives would figure it out and get rid of the shitbird SJWs who are fucking things up.
View Quote
What if the executives ARE the shitbird SJWs who are fucking things up?

Link Posted: 8/26/2019 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]
This shit looks retarded.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is that real or fan fiction?

If it's real,
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This, I was really pissed off they just threw away all the stuff that was in the books and games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Movies failed because they suck and shit on 40+ years of expanded universe content.
This, I was really pissed off they just threw away all the stuff that was in the books and games.
That's when I lost interest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:42:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There's almost zero Star Wars merchandise in the stores now.  Walmart has a couple dusty diecast A-wings and Tie fighters, that's it.  Maybe a retro t-shirt once in a while.  Used to be you almost couldn't find a spot in the store where there wasn't a Star Wars licensed product within arm's reach.  Disney can blow a lot of sunshine up a lot of butts but they can't hide the exodus of licensors.
View Quote
IIRC, merchandise brought in more revenue than the movies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's almost zero Star Wars merchandise in the stores now.  Walmart has a couple dusty diecast A-wings and Tie fighters, that's it.  Maybe a retro t-shirt once in a while.  Used to be you almost couldn't find a spot in the store where there wasn't a Star Wars licensed product within arm's reach.  Disney can blow a lot of sunshine up a lot of butts but they can't hide the exodus of licensors.
This.

I've spent about $500 in Star Wars merchandise this year, but it has all been LEGO, because there's not a damn thing out there worth buying that isn't made of bricks.

Stopped in a Star Wars Marketplace store, and the selection was utterly depressing. Really lame shirts that tried to be cool, a bunch of unconnected merchandise, some boring accessories. Buy a cheap plastic build-a-saber, or you can get a Rey lightsaber for $200. No variety beyond that. I wanted to buy something in there, but I literally couldn't find a single thing I would want to own. There was some sort of modern incarnation of Action Fleet in the form of an X-Wing model for $20, complete with figure and moving wings...but it was Poe's X-Wing, and I couldn't give a damn about it as a ship I'd want to look at on a shelf. And no other choices. Two entire endcaps consisting of nothing but the one disappointing X-Wing, and nothing on the packaging that told you about the starfighter or the movies.

Quite frankly, knock off Chinese merchandise is better quality these days. I can't see Hasbro just suddenly forgetting how to make toys that don't suck, which means this is undoubtedly Disney's fault..like all the rest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This.

I've spent about $500 in Star Wars merchandise this year, but it has all been LEGO, because there's not a damn thing out there worth buying that isn't made of bricks.

Stopped in a Star Wars Marketplace store, and the selection was utterly depressing. Really lame shirts that tried to be cool, a bunch of unconnected merchandise, some boring accessories. Buy a cheap plastic build-a-saber, or you can get a Rey lightsaber for $200. No variety beyond that. I wanted to buy something in there, but I literally couldn't find a single thing I would want to own. There was some sort of modern incarnation of Action Fleet in the form of an X-Wing model for $20, complete with figure and moving wings...but it was Poe's X-Wing, and I couldn't give a damn about it as a ship I'd want to look at on a shelf. And no other choices. Two entire endcaps consisting of nothing but the one disappointing X-Wing, and nothing on the packaging that told you about the starfighter or the movies.

Quite frankly, knock off Chinese merchandise is better quality these days. I can't see Hasbro just suddenly forgetting how to make toys that don't suck, which means this is undoubtedly Disney's fault..like all the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

IMO, that's why Disney acquired the franchise. That sweet merchandise money.
It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of Disney's franchises are the same.
Rinse and repeat.

I think they dropped the ball because they failed to realize that they can't treat the SW franchise like one of their in-house ones.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Ya know, I wasn't really on the hating of the new Star Wars movies but my God they have really fucked this shit up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Star Wars started to suck as soon as Darth Vader turned out to be Luke's father.
View Quote
No one cares about spoilers anymore.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
That whole thing felt really fanfictiony right up until 1.47.

Then I just went, "yeah, this feels right."

Link Posted: 8/26/2019 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It is all nerd shit anyways.
View Quote
QFT
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top