Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Unity is when people of different backgrounds etc. come together to work towards a common future. There's natural give and take.

Diversity pretends its unity, but it's really all take, no give.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Here is a diversity of cars.  Useful in terms of parts shopping, useless in terms of daily driving.

Diversity only has value in terms of an objective, and may be extraneous or destructive to an objective.  Take for example diversity in skill level if neurosurgeons.  Do you want someone to operate on you selected from a diverse range of skill levels, or from the best of the best?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#3]
diversity is our strength
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Be Less White
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Diversity is our weakness.

It can only be our strength if we behave and believe largely as one people, committed to true equality and a colorblind society based 100% on merit.

Tribalism and factionalization are manufactured by government, paid activitsts and politicians who live and thrive on our division as a people.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder what kind of money those companies were making before they hired a bunch of diverse people?
Big corporations do it because they can tolerate some freeloaders.
Diversity and Inclusion are like the Department of Misinformation, an attempt to force you to conform to what the self appointed elites think is proper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can only be our strength if we behave and believe largely as one people, committed to true equality and a colorblind society based 100% on merit.
Tribalism and factionalization are manufactured by government, paid activitsts and politicians who live and thrive on our division as a people.
View Quote
Meh...

Colorblind meritocracy sounds good, but it doesn't guarantee success.
On the other hand, tribalism sounds bad, but doesn't guarantee failure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not really, they are innate.  What's more, they are rational and beneficial.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tribalism and factionalization are manufactured by government
View Quote
Not really, they are innate.  What's more, they are rational and beneficial.
View Quote
Funny how people have been conditioned to reflexively reject tribalism, isn't it?
It's almost as if someone's been training them not to defend their culture.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
There should be no such thing as "diversity and inclusion".
There should only be equality among men.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. The plan is to weaken America because they know we are unstoppable as a Meritocracy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We’ve had diversity and inclusion for 40 years.

What the left is proposing is using racism and sexism to hire non white men. That’s racism and sexism, not diversity and inclusion.

View Quote

That’s equity.  Diversity has always been the reality of life in the US.  We’ve gotten better at inclusion, to the point that actual racism was pretty much over before Obama came into office.  The concept of equity flipped everything, and required a belief that the civil rights struggle and popular culture’s defeat of racism hadn’t actually happened.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There should be no such thing as "diversity and inclusion".
There should only be equality among men.
View Quote
Equality is a false god.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We’ve gotten better at inclusion, to the point that actual racism was pretty much over before Obama came into office.
View Quote
That may be the most utterly fucking delusional thing I’ve ever read in GD.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We’ve gotten better at inclusion, to the point that actual racism was pretty much over before Obama came into office.

Tell me how I’m wrong then.  Or do you agree with the wokies that racism is everywhere?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#16]
In the bible, when god wanted to derail a project he simply miracled up diversity and the project collapsed due to diversity wrecking it. ( tower of babel. )  its supposed to be a story explaining where all the different languages came from, but its just as much a warning of what pure diversity brings to the table. Chaos.

Hiring a engineer,  doctor, cop,  etc based on their excellent capabilities , despite their race because they excell at their job , well, thats good diversity, it brings good things.

Hiring a engineer, cop etc, based on their race, despite their poor capabilities, thats bad diversity and it leads to bad things.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tell me how I’m wrong then.  Or do you agree with the wokies that racism is everywhere?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Actual racism" was pretty much over? Yeah, except for all that pesky anti-white racism, or don't you count that?
I don't know what it is with some of you, you seem to think that history started with Obama.
What we are seeing in America today is the culmination of a Leftist racial strategy that goes as far back as the 20's.
No wonder our side lost, if this is how out of touch we are.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Actual racism" was pretty much over? Yeah, except for all that pesky anti-white racism, or don't you count that?
I don't know what it is with some of you, you seem to think that history started with Obama.
What we are seeing in America today is the culmination of a Leftist racial strategy that goes as far back as the 20's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are wired tight, bruh.  My point is equity is the path for the left to achieve their goals of breaking the social bonds that had taken some work to build in the last 50-60 years.  The same left you’re talking about as always having worked to that goal.  So, yeah, no shit they’re out there, and they deliberately harmed race relations since Obama and have succeeded pretty well at that.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#20]
If it weren't for the social tax of diversity, we'd have cities on the moon by now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anti-white racism was heavily prevalent and encouraged long before Obama came into office. Yes, he made things worse, but to argue that actual racism was pretty much over before Obama came into office is absolutely absurd.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I am not interested in dividing the nation; I prefer unification of the Union.  That is why it was named the “United” States.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
We need MORE mentally ill people with bizarre hair colors in the military. It's the only solution!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Anti-white racism was heavily prevalent and encouraged long before Obama came into office. Yes, he made things worse, but to argue that actual racism was pretty much over before Obama came into office is absolutely absurd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were we better off in that environment or today’s?  Some old black lady giving you the stink eye and calling you a honky would have been really traumatic, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#25]
This is why diversity doesn't work:

There are a number of studies which suggest that being tribalistic is a basic, primal instinct that is hard-wired into the human brain through evolution as an adaptive response to ensure survival. Due to the fact that early human survival was based on tribal living, outsiders were viewed as a threat, and they usually were. This is why many believe that in Africa (the cradle of life), lighter skinned humans were driven out or self-segregated themselves to the northern part of the world. Some have even argued that Neanderthals and other human sub-species were hunted and driven to extinction because of this instinct.

Despite how much lip service people give to diversity and inclusion, this instinct is why people naturally self-segregate (the most diverse cities in America are also the most self-segregated). It's why people who live in diverse neighborhoods tend to be more socially isolated and less trusting of their neighbors (the Robert Putnam study demonstrating that was posted above). As a whole, it's why multi-culturalism and forced diversity are such abysmal failures.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You are wired tight, bruh.  My point is equity is the path for the left to achieve their goals of breaking the social bonds that had taken some work to build in the last 50-60 years.  The same left you’re talking about as always having worked to that goal.  So, yeah, no shit they’re out there, and they deliberately harmed race relations since Obama and have succeeded pretty well at that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has "unique" views when it comes to race.

He got butt hurt that a black actress is playing a new Star Wars character.

Quoted:
They are so desperate for blacks to be something they're not, it's embarrassing.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Were we better off in that environment or today’s?  Some old black lady giving you the stink eye and calling you a honky would have been really traumatic, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experiences with anti-white racism go a little bit beyond "Some old black lady giving me the stink eye and calling me a honky."

For decades, going to a majority black school has basically guaranteed an assault (most likely multiple) due to the color of your skin. For decades, there has been a noteworthy part of the black community that views white people with contempt, blames them for all of their ills in the world, etc. Yes, this sort of stuff was worsened by Obama getting elected, but it's existed to a noteworthy degree for decades upon decades.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Inclusion/acceptance used to apply to everyone accepting everyone else.  Recently it seems to mean that you have to accept "them", but they don't have to accept "you".
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quite telling that this DEI shit is only being pushed in the West.

I got a new job almost a year ago, as their environmental sustainability manager for our 16 North American facilities. My focus initially was on energy management, process efficiencies, etc. The PE firm that owned us put us up for sale. Another PE firm bought us at the end of 2021, all woke millennials on staff.

Their huge push now is DEI and ESG. With an emphasis on the S. I wouldn't be surprised if very soon they hire a VP of DEI. They already have a VP of ESG who looks to be about 30 years old, if that.

Luckily I am in a position to go into business for myself, in a non-woke line of work. Got the groundwork laid, should be able to pull the pin in the next couple of months.

Get woke, lose your staff
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
It is a strength when it's voluntary, but forced and pushing an agenda weakens us.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"Diversity"  and "inclusion" is a topic that has been pushed to the forefront of American news, or brainwashing.  Everything is about "race/racism" when actually pretty much nothing is.  

Diversity is pushed as a way of strengthening everything including the country, schools, workplaces, families, etc.

There are various articles/blogs/military articles that push for diversity:

https://taskandpurpose.com/opinion/army-officer-diversity-inclusion/

To win in a complex world, Army leaders will not necessarily need an additional set of hands to help lift a heavy rock. Our leaders will need diverse teammates who will point out that the rock we are trying to lift is not actually rock at all, but something else altogether. To enable this reality, leaders ought to invest energy and time into two areas: cultivating moral courage and having an appreciation for meekness.

https://www.togetherplatform.com/blog/diversity-as-a-strength-in-the-workplace

A multi-national study found that diversity and innovation were linked. Companies that were more diverse had 19 percent higher innovation revenues, according to the study by Harvard Business Review. That data was confirmed by another study that found companies with racial and ethnic diversity earned about 35 percent more than the industry average. Furthermore, companies with gender diversity earned around 15 percent more than the industry average.

Other articles show diversity and inclusion as causing issues:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/is_diversity_strength.html  
That is where we are today.  Racial and other quotas are used by universities and professional schools for admissions and by corporations and governments for employment.  These policies are said to augment the laws against discrimination.  But ironically, they end up actively discriminating, typically against white males.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/is_diversity_strength.html#ixzz7TECWPfjV
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Is diversity/inclusions strength for our nation, military, and other things?

Is it garbage?

What are your experiences with diversity/inclusion?
View Quote

Diversity is not strength and it is not weakness.

It's just diversity.

It can be good for some things and bad for others.

When it's used as a synonym for "we're all crazy out of control leftist revolutionaries and there can be nothing solid fixed or normal," it's a giant gaping wound full of flesh eating virus.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
They are so desperate for blacks to be something they're not, it's embarrassing.

Aw look at you. Your virtue has been noted.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You still haven't explained your position in that quote.

Still love you though...
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quite telling that this DEI shit is only being pushed in the West.
View Quote
Yes. Yes it is.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Who the heck are the 5% who voted 'yes'? WTF?

Diversity is weakness. Unity is strength.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Still love you though...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still love you though...
I thought my position was pretty obvious. Woke Hollywood goes overboard trying to bestow a... competency... upon blacks that isn't reflected in real life.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Diversity and inclusion is strength =

Just more Marxist meaningless dribble and claptrap.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I have no objection to diversity. I object to forcing diversity through quotas, lowering standards and qualifications, or excluding more qualified candidates in favor of less qualified (but more “diverse”) candidates. I have no objection to inclusion, unless the practice of inclusion is the selective application of exclusion, or inclusion demands tolerance for that which is intolerable. Equity, as it relates to social issues, is nonsense. Those who advocate for “equity” are fools who seek equality of outcome, regardless of effort and ability, rather than equality of opportunity.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Diversity can be found within a single race.  Pushing it just causes us to settle in order to meet quotes or appear woke.

I am not racist, but I don't subscribe to an unnatural push for diversity.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Not only no,  but fuck no.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Diversity brought down the Roman Empire.

Actually, Estrogen being elected into office (Roman women)….felt sorry for the “diverse” and then made diversity a “thing”

Bam, Barbarian hordes

Opposition to this type of “diversity” needs to be loud…….all the while preparing for the inevitable Barbarian invasion
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Diversity"  and "inclusion" is a topic that has been pushed to the forefront of American news, or brainwashing.  Everything is about "race/racism" when actually pretty much nothing is.  

Diversity is pushed as a way of strengthening everything including the country, schools, workplaces, families, etc.

There are various articles/blogs/military articles that push for diversity:

https://taskandpurpose.com/opinion/army-officer-diversity-inclusion/

To win in a complex world, Army leaders will not necessarily need an additional set of hands to help lift a heavy rock. Our leaders will need diverse teammates who will point out that the rock we are trying to lift is not actually rock at all, but something else altogether. To enable this reality, leaders ought to invest energy and time into two areas: cultivating moral courage and having an appreciation for meekness.

https://www.togetherplatform.com/blog/diversity-as-a-strength-in-the-workplace

A multi-national study found that diversity and innovation were linked. Companies that were more diverse had 19 percent higher innovation revenues, according to the study by Harvard Business Review. That data was confirmed by another study that found companies with racial and ethnic diversity earned about 35 percent more than the industry average. Furthermore, companies with gender diversity earned around 15 percent more than the industry average.

Other articles show diversity and inclusion as causing issues:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/is_diversity_strength.html  
That is where we are today.  Racial and other quotas are used by universities and professional schools for admissions and by corporations and governments for employment.  These policies are said to augment the laws against discrimination.  But ironically, they end up actively discriminating, typically against white males.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/is_diversity_strength.html#ixzz7TECWPfjV
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Is diversity/inclusions strength for our nation, military, and other things?

Is it garbage?

What are your experiences with diversity/inclusion?
View Quote

I’m sure that those studies were not cherry picked to produce the desired result. That would be impossible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Diversity for its own sake is merely a method to elevate the less intelligent and qualified to positions of power. It is literally the dumbing down of society to promote a radical Marxist agenda.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Diversity is Death, Tolerance is Suicide!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#45]
There was a time when I thought it meant, "different points of view used to come to an optimal course of action" but lately it being more and more about "less white people, and here's why that's a good thing".

Well I was raised not to hate and the whole package has started to smell like an excuse to hate on white people. So, I'm out.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Diversity is Death, Tolerance is Suicide!
View Quote
Simple enough.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Diversity brought down the Roman Empire.

Actually, Estrogen being elected into office (Roman women)….felt sorry for the “diverse” and then made diversity a “thing”

Bam, Barbarian hordes

Opposition to this type of “diversity” needs to be loud…….all the while preparing for the inevitable Barbarian invasion
View Quote

Nah, I blame terminus.

Once you took territory you weren't allowed to retreat for any reasons at all.  

The roman empire failed by being an empire in the first place.

Empires collapse because they require huge bureaucracies and massive centralized power can't begin to give true justice to the people living under them. They take what (just barely at best) works locally and try to centralize it.

ETA: Anything above the nation state in size is highly suspect, and even nation states are bad when they try and centralize things, but stupid megalomaniacs in the vein of the annoying austrian paperhanger never learn ... looking at you, wef and the like.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I value my life and property and live as far away from diversity as possible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Unity not diversity.  

FJB showed us what diversity means when he said the next supreme court justice will be a black woman.  No discussions about the best qualified person.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I prefer xenophobia and cohesive homogeneousness.

10 years ago that would have been sarcasm
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top