BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to Electric Forest last year. It was.... interesting

Went with my wife, sister and her friend, she is in her 20's, we were 36 at the time. Partied hard (we don't do the drugs), but watching the masses of people doing everything was entertaining.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. If I go to a concert, I'm just there to watch the band play. I don't really care what anyone else is there for.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t think I’d like most of the mainstream style ones.   I used to go to Steamboat Music Fest every year and it was awesome!  Hoping the wife and I can resume going next year.  Snowboard all day, come off the slopes to some good TX Country/Red Dirt Country at the bottom of the slopes.  Go home, shower and go listen to your favorite bands.

IIRC it was around $800 per person with 4 days of lift tickets and 5 nights lodging and tickets to see the bands.  Helluva deal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t think I’d like most of the mainstream style ones.   I used to go to Steamboat Music Fest every year and it was awesome!  Hoping the wife and I can resume going next year.  Snowboard all day, come off the slopes to some good TX Country/Red Dirt Country at the bottom of the slopes.  Go home, shower and go listen to your favorite bands.

IIRC it was around $800 per person with 4 days of lift tickets and 5 nights lodging and tickets to see the bands.  Helluva deal.
View Quote
I would love to go to Music Fest, I get their magazine, but I have no interest in hitting the slopes (and hitting a tree). I'm sure there's plenty else to do there. The cheapest package I see is $619, and you need two people to pay that much each.

You've also got a typo in your signature.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I dislike having to pay $20 for the privilege of parking a mile away to the entrance to the venue.  I also dislike paying $100 for a good seat, only to have all the idiots in front of me stand up so I can't see the stage.  I hate crowds.  I suppose I would go to a music festival if someone PAID ME enough money, provided transportation to the gate, and gave me a box seat where no one could block my view of the stage.  But as that is unlikely, I avoid them.

I feel the same way about large sporting events.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top